Time Inc

Time Inc Employee Reviews

High standard great location place to work
Ad Production & Technology Specialist (Former Employee), New York CityAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Extra days off in the summer
Cons: Not easy to receive career advancement
In Overall Time Inc has given a great amount of knowledge to kickstart my personal and professional career. The company/employee relationship is very transparent and rich in terms of bonuses and perks.
Dedicated team members who love the Sunset brand
Associate Marketing Director (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Team members
Cons: Corporate culture does not meet brand guidelines
Dedicated employees lead to a culture where staff lived the Western Lifestyle

Co-workers make Sunset a very special place to work
Learn new things
Associate Director (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Management
Cons: Location
There never is a typical day at work because I will always find something to learn or work on to increase the organizational bottom line. The hardest part of my job is not having enough clarity to get to the end results as efficiently as possible. My co-workers are a great bunch that drive towards excellence in the work place. The most enjoyable part of the job is my interaction with my co-workers, management and the ability to learn new technologies.
Intern
Summer Intern, Production Dept (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2015
Amazing job. It was very tense because you're working at TIME INC, but overall amazing experience.The staff was very focused and it gave me a great idea of the corporate industry.
Shrinking company
Production (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
No room to grow. Many exciting opportunities in other departments but, from my experience, management likes to keep certain people where they are.
Great Company and Culture
Event Marketing Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
I absolutely love Time Inc and it's company culture. It is a very positive environment with knowledgable people within each team and group.
Never a dull moment & co-workers are great people
Senior Sales Planning Manager, Digital (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: The flexible work hours
Cons: Kaiser coverage, well-ness program, summer hours
Time Inc is a great company to learn the publishing business across all platforms. I have only worked on PEOPLE and Entertainment Weekly publications, but I can say for those two the staff is very competent and great to work with.
Great Job
Intern (Former Employee), StamfordJuly 10, 2015
Good opportunity, fun group! Had lunch and learns where I got to learn a lot more about the business. Also got to learn a lot about different sides of the business - from planning to being an analyst!
A great company with a long successful history.
Project and Team Leader (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and strong deep rooted organization.
Cons: Old business model is struggling in the digital age.
Time Inc. is a great company to work for. Most of the people there have been there since the heyday of magazines. Since Time Inc.was spun off from Time Warner, there have been quite a few layoffs as the executives try to right size the company to match the changing way media is consumed.
A good place to fine tune your customer service skills and make new friends
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: The Time Group offered great incentives like discounted rent, holiday parties, room for advancement.
Cons: Getting the advancement wasn't easy to obtain.
A typical day at work include assisting people from all walks of life, greeting people with a smile and receive smiles in return. Assisting callers whether on the phone or entering into the building. Working for the Time Group taught me patience and how to listen and show concern and compassion as well as how to be helpful beyond my duties. Most of my co-workers were easy to work with and we workes well together. The hardest part of this job was having to deal with people who looked down on others, when they gave their all to make sure the details of the job they were doing was precise.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tampa. FlJune 24, 2015
Pros: I liked the people that I worked with.
Cons: The breaks were short.
I would arrive at work and log on to my systems and then log into the phone and start taking calls. When the calls were slow I would answer emails and mail. I liked doing that because it was something different than being on the phones.
productive and great place to work
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee), Parma, OHJune 24, 2015
Pros: the growth of the students
Cons: politics, money issues
I enjoy teaching. I can see so much growth as a Physical Education Teacher.
I learned at a very young age, that my ego can't interfere with my job. Therefore, with that said, my stress level remains low. I take on what is mine only in the work place.
I am a team player and the goal are my students.
9-5
Digital Billing Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2015
Create invoices for digital ad campaigns, reconcile balance sheets, communicate with sales, ad operations and clients to resolve invoice discrepancies.
Great company to learn the every-changing publishing industry
Finance Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Vacation Time, and work-life balance
Cons: major layoffs and not all employees are embracing the much needed changes
Time Inc. is in the middle of a tough transition into the digital age. New management is being brought in to turn around the company but the older employees are against the new programs and ideas. The computer equipment is ancient and most of the hands-on IT team is being out-sourced to India. There seems to be a huge age gap between the print and digital employees. I feel Time Inc. is headed in the right direction in terms of business plans, but it is going to go through some tough times to become a more diversified media company.
Great people
PrePress specialist (Former Employee), 450 1oth ave NY, NYJune 10, 2015
Great people to work with. I was a manager and the people that worked for me were great workers. Challenging work we were always busy.
A sinking ship feeling
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 7, 2015
Pros: Four weeks of paid vacation
Cons: Loss of many benefits, no career advances
Overall, my experience started on a high note. By 2/3 of my 16 years there, all techs were governed by ever changing management and guidelines.
Good company with a lot of potential
Web Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, discontinued pension and educational benefits
A well-known Fortune 500 company in an ever-changing publishing field. When I started working at Time Inc, it was AOL Time Warner, and when I left it is now Time Inc. It was a great place to work, but because publishing is rapidly changing, the environment is constantly changing and going through so much restructuring. I believe they have a strong and trusted brand with a suite of many well-known magazines and products. For the last 14 and half years, Time Inc was a dynamic and caring company, taking care of its employees.
Busy, energetic publishing company
Assistant Designer (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaJune 1, 2015
My typical day was centered around creating cookbooks and BAZs for brands such as Southern Living, Cooking Light and Gooseberry Patch. I learned about the publishing industry and everything that goes into the production of books. Management was understanding and supportive. My co-workers were great. It was really like a big family.
Stressful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free Magazines
Cons: Moving downtown from mid-town - longer commute for many
Because of on going layoffs, people spend more time wondering if it will be their turn this week to get laid off instead of concentrating on their job.
Great company.
Senior Art Director (Former Employee), New York CityMay 31, 2015
Time Inc was a great company to work for. Excellent benefits. I had a lot of opportunities to work on many different projects, direct mail packages, ads, brochures, inserts and wraps.
Headquarters