Time Inc Employee Reviews

Mostly stress free environment with the possibility of advancement
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 20, 2016
A typical day at work usually includes fixing watches, ringing up sales, faxing invoices and filing, and handling any customer issues. I've learned about the many aspects of watches and working with them with precision. Working in a management position has taught me to deal with customers on a higher level, to build relationships with our host store, to learn how to complete invoices and how to juggle scheduling and direction of employees. I would say the hardest part of this job is is bumping heads with my supervisor, but only rarely. The most enjoyable part of my job is the experience I've gained and the fact that I'm still learning new things.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor management
Tense workplace, no support
Executive director (former employee) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2016
With round after round of layoffs, the atmosphere has become tense and cut throat. No one takes responsibility for mistakes for fear of losing their jobs. Once a congenial and collegiate place to work, the culture is broken. Upper management seems to encourage this survival of the fittest. At the very least, they don't discourage it.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Tense workplace, little support from management
Time is a great place to work
DIRECTOR Production Technologies (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Time Inc .is a leading media company with it''s primary business still publishing although it is continuously trying to expand its business portfolio to other avenues including but not limited to video and digital.

Time is a great company to start your career and progress. I learnt a lot about Publishing industry in my years at Time.I worked with some of the smartest people who shared their experiences with me.

The hardest part of my job as head of Production Technologies group at Time, was to let go of people I worked with over the years due to cost cutting initiatives.

I enjoyed having access to all of the wonderful magazines Time prints.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great people to work with.
Cons
Slow upward mobility.
Publishes Great Brands
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2016
Time Inc. publishes some of the best brands in the media industry. People are smart, talented and hardworking.

Good culture and work life balance.

The company is aggressively trying to transition into more of a digital media company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Print business is very challenged
A Booming Video Department
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2016
The whole department is run by the best and the brightest. The environment is relaxed, and if you raise your hand, you are heard. My time here has been amazing.
Pros
management, diversity, opportunity
Cons
location (wish it were in Midtown)
Excellent
Retail Display Allowance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 23, 2016
Excellent company to grow, great benefits. Great management. I was able to move in different positions within the dept. was able to take several classes of excel, leadership and performance.
Pros
Great insurance benefits, 401k, vacation and holidays
Cons
Jobs moved to India
Not recommended
Accountant I, Drivetime (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 20, 2016
If you get in managements favor you are golden, otherwise lower management micro manages, compensation is poor, they have tried hard to make the environment fun, new modern building, game room, etc. Environment is very casual
Pros
Game room
Cons
Compensation, micro managed
Good team spirit
Associate Editor/Chief Sub Editor (Former Employee) –  Blue Fin BuildingDecember 6, 2016
While I was there, every day was busy, in a creative way. Work was stimulating and I had a good relationship with immediate management. The team I ran had fantastic camaraderie and, I like to think, worked happily and efficiently. The hardest part of the job was working with systems that were unsuited to the task they had to perform and having to cope with inadequate IT provision. I particularly loved the varied nature of the job - editing, liaising with other depts (ad dept, subscriptions, PRs, advertisers, marketing).
In a state of transition
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
In the past, I would have given Time Inc. 5 stars. Over the past 6 months, the sales and marketing structure has undergone quite a significant transformation that has resulted in chaos, confusion, and terrible company culture. We also don't have defined roles right now, which makes getting the job done and finding joy in the job difficult.
Pros
Free snacks, 20 vacation days
Cons
Poor leadership, restructure every few months
Time, Inc.
Editorial Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2016
I am able to work for a top company competitively in the publishing arena. The best part of my job is reading content that is stimulating.
I enjoy fixing problems in copy, and use my lifelong educational
skills for this work. Furthermore, I keep up on the latest word
processing and other technical skills in publishing.

the energy at Time is its best feature in terms of a work environment.
Pros
Intellectual stimulation
Cons
Down periods
Trying to be something they are not
T&PE (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYApril 13, 2016
An established organization with a great culture has been devastated by the senior management in an attempt to create a startup environment in order to attract millennials. Cost of seasoned professionals motivates management to replace with inexperienced talent .

Content is the key to success in this industry, not the apps that provide it. Find new ways to syndicate our content. Become the source of information that Henry Luce made us, not the rehash of inaccurate postings by anyone with a computer. recruit seasoned writers whos reputation will precede them, not bloggers with a following.

Video capabilities has suffered because of mismanagement, Bewkes prevented us from competing in this environment for years, now we can be more adventurous yet we keep missing the opportunity to utilize this medium to grow our brand presence.
Pros
Beautiful new offices downtown.Still a great culture to work in.
Cons
internal instability of the organization at many levels
Time Inc. is a fun, prestigious company and offers equal opportunities to its workers.
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Time Inc. employs some of the most intelligent and creative people. Despite their print business slowing down, they continue to provide good benefits to attract the best and brightest.
Pros
Time Inc. is a great company with many of the top magazines in the world.
Cons
Time Inc. is having a difficult time moving its readers from print to digital.
Great comany, wonderful products
Sales Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Time Inc. has the brightest people working in media. The company enthusiasm in infectious, and the work life balance is great. The work the staff does on behalf of their media products is top notch.
Nice place to work.
IT Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
I worked as a contractor for Time inc for a year. It was a great experience working there. Nice laid back place to work. They have alot of benefits. Everyone working there are nice.
Pros
Free magazine and food.
My ordinary daily work
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  as sulaimaniyahAugust 29, 2016
I would like to describe my daily work as tiring and competitive since any construction job is limited time and much work to do. you need to do as much as you can do to keep up with time and be productive on daily basis and at the same time keep the quality high as much as possible.
Every step and every decision you make is a challenge and a responsibility that makes you who you are in the professional life.
Time Inc. is a great company
Integrated Marketing Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2016
Time Inc. has a community of smart, driven people working together in a fast-paced environment. My co-workers and managers have made my job great and have contributed to my career growth.
Fast paced and enjoyed working with talented people
Positioning and Makeup Manager- People en Español (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
Typical day was preparing for monthly publication. Magazine production is like putting a puzzle together. I was the liaison between sales and editorial depts. I also worked with the marketing/promotions dept,contacted advertising agencies on a daily basis to track ad files, daily communication with operations dept to ensure deadlines, and finance dept. to ensure we were producing the most cost efficient book, without loosing the quality or integrity of the book. Setting up meetings to discuss costs and sales projections for the month. I've learned the importance of time management, problem solving and working efficiently under pressure. My coworkers were helpful, smart, talented, passionate and proud to be a part of such a great publication. One of the best parts of the job was going to events, meeting and networking with other people in the industry. I enjoy knowing and/or learning what other people do.
Pros
working with great colleagues
Cons
sometimes worked late hours
Products that you can be proud to represent!
Senior Integrated Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 22, 2016
Awesome products to sell and be proud of representing. Strong salaries and benefits. Poor immediate management but great upper directors and associate publishers.
Pros
Great products to sell. Talented work force of truly great and dedicated people
Cons
No proper training. Company is downsizing. Poor direct management and minimal HR representation
Productive Company
Administrative Assistant/Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2016
Over the years working at Time Inc., the most enjoyable part of the job was team work. Management support was excellent in supporting us with our day to day work. Learned a lot throughout the years.
Former employee
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
I can only explan working here as no support. Ceo of this company does not care about it at all. The home office does not care at all. Traning in this company is horrible managers are trained for 3 days before getting cut loose to litteraly run a buesness with lots of paperwork. Part timers are expected to train for two week then be cut loose to take watchs apart by them selves then uppermanagment wonders why watches get broken and turn over is so high. There is no advertising and all parts take 4 weeks to get sent to the shop. This buesness will go out of buesness eventually because there is no leadership.
Pros
no supervision
Cons
no suppprt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Time Inc. Our community is ready to answer.