Time Inc

Time Inc Employer Reviews

It was a flexible job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: we did a lot of cool things that made it fun.
Cons: breaks could have been a little longer.
It was a little stressful some days. I enjoyed the other employees. it was a fairly easy job.
Military career spanning over 30 years
Intelligence Analyst and Medical Technician (Former Employee), Moffett Federal AirfieldOctober 23, 2014
Pros: working with returning veterans from both afghanistan and iraq
Cons: on duty 24/7
High paced environment such as a medical office or department in a health care facility. Over my 30 year career in the Air Force I was able to serve in the active Air Force (20.4 years) and The Air National Guard (10 years). I was privileged to serve in Maintenance, Support and Operations, all three elements of the organization.
Great place to work and grow
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Production AssistantOctober 8, 2014
Loved working at Time Inc.Meet very interesting people. Great experience. Looking for a job closer to home.
Wonderful place where I have learned so much
Executive Director (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: diverse company that often had many opportunities
Cons: changing managemnet led to lack of company focus on goals
In my 14 years at Time Inc, I have learned so much from so many smart and talented people. While there has been much management change over in the recent years, it still remained a wonderful place to work, grow and develop.
I work from the home office
OnLine Interpreter between English and Russian (Current Employee), Monterey, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: work from home and guaranteed hours
I just love this job.
I like the schedule and guaranteed hours.
I like my supervisors.
I like our meetings and classes.
Hardest part is when the connection is not clear and you can not hear your client well.
The most enjoyable part is when your clients tell you "Thank you!".
Disorganized
Associate Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
The people there were pretty icy. Everyone I worked with is now gone as management is still trying to figure out what to do with video.
loved my job
(Onsite) Account Manager (Former Employee), Angola, inAugust 22, 2014
Sad to have to leave. Ability to make a difference in people's life at this company.
Not what I expected
Editorial Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
I worked for a magazine I grew up on and it was nothing how I expected it to be. The attitudes of the women there are pretentious and unfortunately due to the economic climate at the time, I watched many people get fired. It was a pretty depressing time.
Innovative multi media company
Senior Manager of Finance (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 17, 2014
A positive work environment. My manager and co-workers were easy to work for and with.
Fun workplace and great people to work with
Consumer Marketing, Associate Retention Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
• Assist the Senior Retention Manager in managing day-toy-day activities for all retention/loyalty channels
• Focus on modernizing subscriber communications by driving transactions online
• Implement and analyze marketing initiatives and tests
• Conduct regular renewal and payment rate revenue forecasting/budgeting
• Partner with cross-functional teams – more... (production, legal, fulfillment and operations) to ensure integration of objectives – less
Think Twice
Senior Business/Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 16, 2014
The quality of life is not the best. It depends on what department you are in. Some departments are obviously worse than the others.
Fun workplace with a relaxed state of mind
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
I learned about the daily life of a developer. It is easy to speak with any level of management and co worker regardless of your position. There is a pretty high standard for the results you must bring to the table but I find the challenge all the more enjoyable. You are free to leave and enter the premises and attack your workload in any way you see – more... fit which fosters creativity. – less
Time Inc (Birmingham) is a great company.
Business Systems Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, work-life
Cons: the business model needs to shift from print to digital to survive.
Time Inc (Birmingham, AL), originally Southern Progress Corp., is a fantastic company. Benefits, work-life, location and staff are fantastic. Only shortcoming is the slow decline of print media with which this company is heavily focused.
Great Place to work
Senior Manager, Sales & Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Establish high performance standards for all employees to achieve- great leadership and colleagues to work with and learn from-
The spin-off dust has yet to settle
Issue Planner (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
Pros: good work-life balance
Cons: company is in major transition
The company was just spun-off from it's parent company, Time Warner, and is now an independent company. That's a major shift, and takes its toll on the workforce in terms of job security, benefits, etc. On the other hand, they're rapidly expanding the digital side, so there are a lot of opportunities there.
Exciting, forward-thinking, transforming itself
Digital Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
I learned a tremendous amount from the many smart people I worked with at Real Simple.
Internship
Intern, Consumer Marketing (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2014
Creative projects balanced with analytics, good environment for learning
Productive and professional workplace
Executive Director (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
Heavy schedule on meetings and strategy sessions. Very goal oriented. Great staff environment
Easiest and Most Interesting
Retail Associate/Watch & Jewelry Repair (Former Employee), Portland,OrApril 29, 2014
Typical day at work would consist of waiting for customers to pull in so there's a lot of down time to organize the office and do shipping and inventory.
What I loved most about working there was the fact that i had hands on training on how to fix wrist and pocket watches,I was also required to learn how to repair jewelry too.
While working there I – more... watched 2 managers come and go,being passed up on promotion twice,the company settling on an outside source for manager # 3. So I got let down thinking I was gonna be climbing up in the company from being there 3 1/2 years.
Hardest part of the job where on occasion the upset customer complaints and no being able to fix some repairs right there in the department and having them to be sent to our home office.
Most enjoyable about it was how easy it got and the down time. – less
Engaging and learning environment
Executive Assistant to 2 V. P.'s Production (Former Employee), New York, NyApril 25, 2014
Pros: summer friday program
Each day you came across a new deadline that needed to be addressed in addition to your work responsibilites required for that day. Able to handle these requests with and in a timely manner. The CoWorkers were team players.

1 2 3 4 5