Time Inc

Time Inc United States Employee Reviews

Over all not a bad place to work
Tag Account Executive for Tme Customer Service (Current Employee), 3000 N University Drive Tampa FL.March 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: company is on very shacky ground
The company has good benefits and decent pay but has gone down hill over the last couple of years with continued lay offs and our sourcing of jobs.
n/a
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day was going home but I did enjoy most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with verbal abuse from customers.
Time Inc.
MNI Targeted Media Sales Development Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: struggle to move internally
Working at Time Inc. has been a great experience. The office environment is wonderful, great people. Management varies, in my experience management fights for it's sales force. Moving internally can be difficult and I do wish there was fair compensation when moving internally.
I had a great 14 years!!
Advertising Sales Director, Fortune and Money (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits, free magazines
I worked at Time Inc for 14 Years from 2000-2014. It was a great company to work for. EVERYONE I worked with and for were top notch and true professionals. They were smart and very down to earth. They believed in a good work/family life balance.

The company has changed dramatically since the spin off from Time Warner. They have gone through many rounds of layoffs and the company isn't the same company it was a year ago. However they do have some of the most prestigious brands in the industry.
left there in 2001
Engineer, Microsoft Windows / Novell Netware (Former Employee), NYC NYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: nice culture
Cons: dying industry
It was good while I was there, but haven't worked there for 19 years. Nothing more to say regarding Time, Inc. Nice atmosphere, but the magazine industry has changed drastically
A company in transition
Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2015
Time Inc has always been a great place to work, and I have enjoyed a terrific career at Time Inc. The company is in transition, where there are uncertainties of its long term.
Big Agency experience, full service small agency pricing.
President, Owner (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSFebruary 12, 2015
Developed and implementing Marketing Plans, Strategies and management, Business Plan and Financial Projections, Action
plan, Advertising, Public Relations, Trade Show Plans and support, Branding, Research, Customer Service Plan, Sales plans, Sales Collateral and Presentations, Copy Writing, Dealer Support Programs Merchandising, Competitive research, Market profiles, Industry outlook, Distribution, Pricing, Communication strategies, Sales collateral, Direct mail, Outdoor, Internet campaign, Creative, Graphics, Production, Photography, Sales presentations,
PowerPoint, Logo design, Package design, Web site development, Media Buying, White papers, Press kits, Product backgrounder, Fact sheets, Case studies, Corporate identity programs, speech writing, Press Conference, Investor and Stockholder Relations, Booth
Traffic building, Telemarketing, Fulfillment Packages, Response Management System, Advertising Support Programs
currently going through a major transition, company was just spun off from parent company Time Warner
Digital art/production manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: health care, training, transportation when working late.
Cons: current unrest and possible layoffs
Days can be long, but the work can be gratifying. Management in my department is supportive and is great to work for. There was opportunity to learn and grow but that is in flux right now.

Currently the company is in transition. It has just spun off from Time Warner to be an independent company. There are major upheavals, reorganization, moving to another property and looming layoffs.
A traditional corporation with great benefits
Director of Property Management (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits, location and reasonable hours and work/ life balance
Cons: different groups are silos, its hard to move between departments or groups.
Time Inc. is a collaborative environment, with a lot of good creative people. But it is very traditional with definite reporting lines and not a lot of room to move outside of the box.
production
production (Former Employee), Findlay, OHNovember 18, 2014
Pros: cool people to work with
Cons: never know if i had a job from one day to the next
load and unload trucks, scan and label products,nice people to work with
It was a flexible job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: we did a lot of cool things that made it fun.
Cons: breaks could have been a little longer.
It was a little stressful some days. I enjoyed the other employees. it was a fairly easy job.
Military career spanning over 30 years
Intelligence Analyst and Medical Technician (Former Employee), Moffett Federal AirfieldOctober 23, 2014
Pros: working with returning veterans from both afghanistan and iraq
Cons: on duty 24/7
High paced environment such as a medical office or department in a health care facility. Over my 30 year career in the Air Force I was able to serve in the active Air Force (20.4 years) and The Air National Guard (10 years). I was privileged to serve in Maintenance, Support and Operations, all three elements of the organization.
Great place to work and grow
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Production AssistantOctober 8, 2014
Loved working at Time Inc.Meet very interesting people. Great experience. Looking for a job closer to home.
Wonderful place where I have learned so much
Executive Director (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: diverse company that often had many opportunities
Cons: changing managemnet led to lack of company focus on goals
In my 14 years at Time Inc, I have learned so much from so many smart and talented people. While there has been much management change over in the recent years, it still remained a wonderful place to work, grow and develop.
I work from the home office
OnLine Interpreter between English and Russian (Current Employee), Monterey, CASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: work from home and guaranteed hours
I just love this job.
I like the schedule and guaranteed hours.
I like my supervisors.
I like our meetings and classes.
Hardest part is when the connection is not clear and you can not hear your client well.
The most enjoyable part is when your clients tell you "Thank you!".
Disorganized
Associate Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
The people there were pretty icy. Everyone I worked with is now gone as management is still trying to figure out what to do with video.
loved my job
(Onsite) Account Manager (Former Employee), Angola, inAugust 22, 2014
Sad to have to leave. Ability to make a difference in people's life at this company.
Not what I expected
Editorial Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
I worked for a magazine I grew up on and it was nothing how I expected it to be. The attitudes of the women there are pretentious and unfortunately due to the economic climate at the time, I watched many people get fired. It was a pretty depressing time.
Innovative multi media company
Senior Manager of Finance (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 17, 2014
A positive work environment. My manager and co-workers were easy to work for and with.
Fun workplace and great people to work with
Consumer Marketing, Associate Retention Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
• Assist the Senior Retention Manager in managing day-toy-day activities for all retention/loyalty channels
• Focus on modernizing subscriber communications by driving transactions online
• Implement and analyze marketing initiatives and tests
• Conduct regular renewal and payment rate revenue forecasting/budgeting
• Partner with cross-functional teams (production, legal, fulfillment and operations) to ensure integration of objectives

1 2 3 4 5