Time Inc Employee Reviews in United States

It was a great opportunity to work on high profile account and be trained by the industry's best.
Event Talent Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2016
This was invaluable experience to work a large scale event and manage multiple talents, both regional and internationally recognized.
Pros
Exciting, High Energy, Great Networking
Cons
It was temporary position for one single event.
Okay experience
Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 20, 2016
Okay experience working at Time Inc, Overall, however it is company that is in an industry that is dying and they are slow movers/reactors in regards to any innovation.
Contractor Work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  AikenMay 18, 2016
Typical day at work entails doing your daily activities with little to micro-managing. I learned how to work with unique individuals daily and stay positive. Co-workers are awesome, teachable and willing to assist without hesitation. The hardest part of the job was seeing co-workers let go publicly. The enjoyable part of the job is constant interaction with great people to get your job done.
Products that you can be proud to represent!
Senior Integrated Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 22, 2016
Awesome products to sell and be proud of representing. Strong salaries and benefits. Poor immediate management but great upper directors and associate publishers.
Pros
Great products to sell. Talented work force of truly great and dedicated people
Cons
No proper training. Company is downsizing. Poor direct management and minimal HR representation
Trying to be something they are not
T&PE (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYApril 13, 2016
An established organization with a great culture has been devastated by the senior management in an attempt to create a startup environment in order to attract millennials. Cost of seasoned professionals motivates management to replace with inexperienced talent .

Content is the key to success in this industry, not the apps that provide it. Find new ways to syndicate our content. Become the source of information that Henry Luce made us, not the rehash of inaccurate postings by anyone with a computer. recruit seasoned writers whos reputation will precede them, not bloggers with a following.

Video capabilities has suffered because of mismanagement, Bewkes prevented us from competing in this environment for years, now we can be more adventurous yet we keep missing the opportunity to utilize this medium to grow our brand presence.
Pros
Beautiful new offices downtown.Still a great culture to work in.
Cons
internal instability of the organization at many levels
Great job
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 10, 2016
You call customers who at one point in time was a subscriber people magazine, time, southern living ect.. I learned how to assessed a person in a short amount of time..Management was great willing to teach you..Coworkers were great...Hardest part was the rejection..Most enjoyable was everything else
Pros
GREAT COMPANY
Cons
LEAVING
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various locationsApril 4, 2016
Making sure that the Time, Inc. publication's were out and displayed at the various cash register areas. Flexible, great management.
Former employee
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
I can only explan working here as no support. Ceo of this company does not care about it at all. The home office does not care at all. Traning in this company is horrible managers are trained for 3 days before getting cut loose to litteraly run a buesness with lots of paperwork. Part timers are expected to train for two week then be cut loose to take watchs apart by them selves then uppermanagment wonders why watches get broken and turn over is so high. There is no advertising and all parts take 4 weeks to get sent to the shop. This buesness will go out of buesness eventually because there is no leadership.
Pros
no supervision
Cons
no suppprt
In transformation phase
Director PeopleSoft Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
Company is transforming from a true publishing company to more of a media organization. Many new acquisitions being done recently.
Fast paced and enjoyed working with talented people
Positioning and Makeup Manager- People en Español (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
Typical day was preparing for monthly publication. Magazine production is like putting a puzzle together. I was the liaison between sales and editorial depts. I also worked with the marketing/promotions dept,contacted advertising agencies on a daily basis to track ad files, daily communication with operations dept to ensure deadlines, and finance dept. to ensure we were producing the most cost efficient book, without loosing the quality or integrity of the book. Setting up meetings to discuss costs and sales projections for the month. I've learned the importance of time management, problem solving and working efficiently under pressure. My coworkers were helpful, smart, talented, passionate and proud to be a part of such a great publication. One of the best parts of the job was going to events, meeting and networking with other people in the industry. I enjoy knowing and/or learning what other people do.
Pros
working with great colleagues
Cons
sometimes worked late hours
Innovative media company
VP Editorial Director, The Foundry (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Supportive workplace, competitive compensation, dedicated to journalistic excellence, willing to adapt to changing media landscape, investing in alternative revenue sources such as new ad products, value-additive partnerships for advertisers, etc.
Great Company
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working in the fast pace environment with great people. Worked in the Agile environment and managed/built test teams including onsite and offshore.
Great Brands and People
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Definitely a company that you would be fortunate to work at. Great people, and wonderful brands.

The company is going through a major change as the focus turns away from print. There are some growing pains, layoffs are common and there are not as many perks/benefits as in years past.
Pros
Free Snacks, back up day care, in house nurse
Cons
new Downtown location
Productive work environment. Great employers as well
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Worked there for about a year. Good introductory experience with the shipping receiving team. Managed to adapt to the environment very quickly. Good, flexible hours.
Time Inc review
Account Manager - Digital (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2015
I enjoy my team i work with but Time Inc as a whole, I do not like. We get underpaid and do not get compensated at all for what we do.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Alot
very professional
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
Great place to work before TW spun off magazines

Print is dying- it is a much different company today- would think twice before entertaining working here again
Pros
great magazines
Cons
too political
Great managment, Fun place to work.
Assistant Online Beauty Editor (Freelance) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2015
The company really takes its employees into consideration. Everything from work/life balance to the way in which the office is set up is designed to promote creativity amongst workers.
Enjoyable but Challenging Work
RETAIL SALES AND MARKETING (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 2, 2015
I enjoy my job with Time Inc., but the unspoken culture of my division within this company is one that inhibits free input of ideas. Our product, magazines, is exciting. There is something new every week and we sell content about pop culture. This is the fun part.
However, management wants to know only about successes, even at the expense of bad news or new ideas to change failing programs.
Pros
Great work colleagues, optimism
OLD school
MIMI Digital Sales Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
Very antiquated company that is trying to keep up with the digital times. Having a hard time doing that and not making quick moves!
Pros
Nada
Cons
poor management, old ceo, no work life balance
Time Inc's MNI division is an education
NW Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 14, 2015
Great place to work. You will receive an MBA in digital! MNI offers the ability to work strategically with clients on detailed digital campaign. Whether the client is large or small, MNI's programmatic solution and ad network is a cut above the competition.