Time Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Look elsewhere
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2016
Worst job ever! Insecure management style, do not question, recommend or suggest.

There is no typical day; there is no mentoring; co-workers are great, but this is the ultimate dead-end job. Most enjoyable part of the job is finding another one.
Benefits
Innovative media company
VP Editorial Director, The Foundry (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Supportive workplace, competitive compensation, dedicated to journalistic excellence, willing to adapt to changing media landscape, investing in alternative revenue sources such as new ad products, value-additive partnerships for advertisers, etc.
Great Brands and People
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Definitely a company that you would be fortunate to work at. Great people, and wonderful brands.

The company is going through a major change as the focus turns away from print. There are some growing pains, layoffs are common and there are not as many perks/benefits as in years past.
Pros
Free Snacks, back up day care, in house nurse
Cons
new Downtown location
Great company to learn the every-changing publishing industry
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Time Inc. is in the middle of a tough transition into the digital age. New management is being brought in to turn around the company but the older employees are against the new programs and ideas. The computer equipment is ancient and most of the hands-on IT team is being out-sourced to India. There seems to be a huge age gap between the print and digital employees. I feel Time Inc. is headed in the right direction in terms of business plans, but it is going to go through some tough times to become a more diversified media company.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation Time, and work-life balance
Cons
major layoffs and not all employees are embracing the much needed changes
Fast paced and enjoyed working with talented people
Positioning and Makeup Manager- People en Español (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
Typical day was preparing for monthly publication. Magazine production is like putting a puzzle together. I was the liaison between sales and editorial depts. I also worked with the marketing/promotions dept,contacted advertising agencies on a daily basis to track ad files, daily communication with operations dept to ensure deadlines, and finance dept. to ensure we were producing the most cost efficient book, without loosing the quality or integrity of the book. Setting up meetings to discuss costs and sales projections for the month. I've learned the importance of time management, problem solving and working efficiently under pressure. My coworkers were helpful, smart, talented, passionate and proud to be a part of such a great publication. One of the best parts of the job was going to events, meeting and networking with other people in the industry. I enjoy knowing and/or learning what other people do.
Pros
working with great colleagues
Cons
sometimes worked late hours
Time Inc review
Account Manager - Digital (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2015
I enjoy my team i work with but Time Inc as a whole, I do not like. We get underpaid and do not get compensated at all for what we do.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Alot
tense enviroment , people not friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 24, 2015
Over all not enjoyable. There were lots of loops, not all supervisors would do their job, but always on other supervisors team.
My experience was some what bittersweet. My supervisor acted nice, and yet did not feel care.
Pros
breaks and lunch alright, health care benefits
Cons
poor pay, rate of quality of calls
Dealing with clients
Field Officer (Former Employee) –  Rwanda but currently in BostonSeptember 16, 2015
I learned how to work under pressure as we could make as many sales as we could.I also appreciated working in team because we could all double our effort towards one goal and whenever we achieved it, we used to get a compensation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
A great company with a long successful history.
Project and Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2015
Time Inc. is a great company to work for. Most of the people there have been there since the heyday of magazines. Since Time Inc.was spun off from Time Warner, there have been quite a few layoffs as the executives try to right size the company to match the changing way media is consumed.
Pros
Great benefits and strong deep rooted organization.
Cons
Old business model is struggling in the digital age.
Former employee
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2016
I can only explan working here as no support. Ceo of this company does not care about it at all. The home office does not care at all. Traning in this company is horrible managers are trained for 3 days before getting cut loose to litteraly run a buesness with lots of paperwork. Part timers are expected to train for two week then be cut loose to take watchs apart by them selves then uppermanagment wonders why watches get broken and turn over is so high. There is no advertising and all parts take 4 weeks to get sent to the shop. This buesness will go out of buesness eventually because there is no leadership.
Pros
no supervision
Cons
no suppprt
Good company with a lot of potential
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
A well-known Fortune 500 company in an ever-changing publishing field. When I started working at Time Inc, it was AOL Time Warner, and when I left it is now Time Inc. It was a great place to work, but because publishing is rapidly changing, the environment is constantly changing and going through so much restructuring. I believe they have a strong and trusted brand with a suite of many well-known magazines and products. For the last 14 and half years, Time Inc was a dynamic and caring company, taking care of its employees.
Pros
Good benefits, discontinued pension and educational benefits
Trying to be something they are not
T&PE (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYApril 13, 2016
An established organization with a great culture has been devastated by the senior management in an attempt to create a startup environment in order to attract millennials. Cost of seasoned professionals motivates management to replace with inexperienced talent .

Content is the key to success in this industry, not the apps that provide it. Find new ways to syndicate our content. Become the source of information that Henry Luce made us, not the rehash of inaccurate postings by anyone with a computer. recruit seasoned writers whos reputation will precede them, not bloggers with a following.

Video capabilities has suffered because of mismanagement, Bewkes prevented us from competing in this environment for years, now we can be more adventurous yet we keep missing the opportunity to utilize this medium to grow our brand presence.
Pros
Beautiful new offices downtown.Still a great culture to work in.
Cons
internal instability of the organization at many levels
A sinking ship feeling
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2015
Overall, my experience started on a high note. By 2/3 of my 16 years there, all techs were governed by ever changing management and guidelines.
Pros
Four weeks of paid vacation
Cons
Loss of many benefits, no career advances
Enjoyable but Challenging Work
RETAIL SALES AND MARKETING (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 2, 2015
I enjoy my job with Time Inc., but the unspoken culture of my division within this company is one that inhibits free input of ideas. Our product, magazines, is exciting. There is something new every week and we sell content about pop culture. This is the fun part.
However, management wants to know only about successes, even at the expense of bad news or new ideas to change failing programs.
Pros
Great work colleagues, optimism
workplace
Executive Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
A great Job Culture, not much room for advancement
very flexible with Job work life balance
they are constantly outsourcing there services
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
I had a great 14 years!!
Advertising Sales Director, Fortune and Money (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2015
I worked at Time Inc for 14 Years from 2000-2014. It was a great company to work for. EVERYONE I worked with and for were top notch and true professionals. They were smart and very down to earth. They believed in a good work/family life balance.

The company has changed dramatically since the spin off from Time Warner. They have gone through many rounds of layoffs and the company isn't the same company it was a year ago. However they do have some of the most prestigious brands in the industry.
Pros
good benefits, free magazines
OLD school
MIMI Digital Sales Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
Very antiquated company that is trying to keep up with the digital times. Having a hard time doing that and not making quick moves!
Pros
Nada
Cons
poor management, old ceo, no work life balance
Great company.
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York CityMay 31, 2015
Time Inc was a great company to work for. Excellent benefits. I had a lot of opportunities to work on many different projects, direct mail packages, ads, brochures, inserts and wraps.
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Various locationsApril 4, 2016
Making sure that the Time, Inc. publication's were out and displayed at the various cash register areas. Flexible, great management.
Great job
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 10, 2016
You call customers who at one point in time was a subscriber people magazine, time, southern living ect.. I learned how to assessed a person in a short amount of time..Management was great willing to teach you..Coworkers were great...Hardest part was the rejection..Most enjoyable was everything else
Pros
GREAT COMPANY
Cons
LEAVING