Time Inc

Time Inc Employee Reviews

A good place to fine tune your customer service skills and make new friends
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: The Time Group offered great incentives like discounted rent, holiday parties, room for advancement.
Cons: Getting the advancement wasn't easy to obtain.
A typical day at work include assisting people from all walks of life, greeting people with a smile and receive smiles in return. Assisting callers whether on the phone or entering into the building. Working for the Time Group taught me patience and how to listen and show concern and compassion as well as how to be helpful beyond my duties. Most of my co-workers were easy to work with and we workes well together. The hardest part of this job was having to deal with people who looked down on others, when they gave their all to make sure the details of the job they were doing was precise.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tampa. FlJune 24, 2015
Pros: I liked the people that I worked with.
Cons: The breaks were short.
I would arrive at work and log on to my systems and then log into the phone and start taking calls. When the calls were slow I would answer emails and mail. I liked doing that because it was something different than being on the phones.
productive and great place to work
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee), Parma, OHJune 24, 2015
Pros: the growth of the students
Cons: politics, money issues
I enjoy teaching. I can see so much growth as a Physical Education Teacher.
I learned at a very young age, that my ego can't interfere with my job. Therefore, with that said, my stress level remains low. I take on what is mine only in the work place.
I am a team player and the goal are my students.
9-5
Digital Billing Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 21, 2015
Create invoices for digital ad campaigns, reconcile balance sheets, communicate with sales, ad operations and clients to resolve invoice discrepancies.
Great company to learn the every-changing publishing industry
Finance Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Vacation Time, and work-life balance
Cons: major layoffs and not all employees are embracing the much needed changes
Time Inc. is in the middle of a tough transition into the digital age. New management is being brought in to turn around the company but the older employees are against the new programs and ideas. The computer equipment is ancient and most of the hands-on IT team is being out-sourced to India. There seems to be a huge age gap between the print and digital employees. I feel Time Inc. is headed in the right direction in terms of business plans, but it is going to go through some tough times to become a more diversified media company.
Great people
PrePress specialist (Former Employee), 450 1oth ave NY, NYJune 10, 2015
Great people to work with. I was a manager and the people that worked for me were great workers. Challenging work we were always busy.
A sinking ship feeling
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 7, 2015
Pros: Four weeks of paid vacation
Cons: Loss of many benefits, no career advances
Overall, my experience started on a high note. By 2/3 of my 16 years there, all techs were governed by ever changing management and guidelines.
Good company with a lot of potential
Web Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, discontinued pension and educational benefits
A well-known Fortune 500 company in an ever-changing publishing field. When I started working at Time Inc, it was AOL Time Warner, and when I left it is now Time Inc. It was a great place to work, but because publishing is rapidly changing, the environment is constantly changing and going through so much restructuring. I believe they have a strong and trusted brand with a suite of many well-known magazines and products. For the last 14 and half years, Time Inc was a dynamic and caring company, taking care of its employees.
Busy, energetic publishing company
Assistant Designer (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaJune 1, 2015
My typical day was centered around creating cookbooks and BAZs for brands such as Southern Living, Cooking Light and Gooseberry Patch. I learned about the publishing industry and everything that goes into the production of books. Management was understanding and supportive. My co-workers were great. It was really like a big family.
Stressful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free Magazines
Cons: Moving downtown from mid-town - longer commute for many
Because of on going layoffs, people spend more time wondering if it will be their turn this week to get laid off instead of concentrating on their job.
Great company.
Senior Art Director (Former Employee), New York CityMay 31, 2015
Time Inc was a great company to work for. Excellent benefits. I had a lot of opportunities to work on many different projects, direct mail packages, ads, brochures, inserts and wraps.
Company in Transition
Director (Current Employee), New YorkApril 29, 2015
Since separating from Time Warner, company has undergone change in culture and employee accountability. The demands of the company border on unreasonable from incredibly tight cost control, aggressive off-shoring and poor IT support.
Great company
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2015
Time, Inc. is a great environment to work in. Lots of opportunity to learn. Staff are friendly, professional, and motivated.
Over all not a bad place to work
Tag Account Executive for Tme Customer Service (Current Employee), 3000 N University Drive Tampa FL.March 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: company is on very shacky ground
The company has good benefits and decent pay but has gone down hill over the last couple of years with continued lay offs and our sourcing of jobs.
n/a
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day was going home but I did enjoy most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with verbal abuse from customers.
Time Inc.
MNI Targeted Media Sales Development Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: struggle to move internally
Working at Time Inc. has been a great experience. The office environment is wonderful, great people. Management varies, in my experience management fights for it's sales force. Moving internally can be difficult and I do wish there was fair compensation when moving internally.
I had a great 14 years!!
Advertising Sales Director, Fortune and Money (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits, free magazines
I worked at Time Inc for 14 Years from 2000-2014. It was a great company to work for. EVERYONE I worked with and for were top notch and true professionals. They were smart and very down to earth. They believed in a good work/family life balance.

The company has changed dramatically since the spin off from Time Warner. They have gone through many rounds of layoffs and the company isn't the same company it was a year ago. However they do have some of the most prestigious brands in the industry.
left there in 2001
Engineer, Microsoft Windows / Novell Netware (Former Employee), NYC NYFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: nice culture
Cons: dying industry
It was good while I was there, but haven't worked there for 19 years. Nothing more to say regarding Time, Inc. Nice atmosphere, but the magazine industry has changed drastically
A company in transition
Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 13, 2015
Time Inc has always been a great place to work, and I have enjoyed a terrific career at Time Inc. The company is in transition, where there are uncertainties of its long term.
Big Agency experience, full service small agency pricing.
President, Owner (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSFebruary 12, 2015
Developed and implementing Marketing Plans, Strategies and management, Business Plan and Financial Projections, Action
plan, Advertising, Public Relations, Trade Show Plans and support, Branding, Research, Customer Service Plan, Sales plans, Sales Collateral and Presentations, Copy Writing, Dealer Support Programs Merchandising, Competitive research, Market profiles, Industry outlook, Distribution, Pricing, Communication strategies, Sales collateral, Direct mail, Outdoor, Internet campaign, Creative, Graphics, Production, Photography, Sales presentations,
PowerPoint, Logo design, Package design, Web site development, Media Buying, White papers, Press kits, Product backgrounder, Fact sheets, Case studies, Corporate identity programs, speech writing, Press Conference, Investor and Stockholder Relations, Booth
Traffic building, Telemarketing, Fulfillment Packages, Response Management System, Advertising Support Programs

1 2 3 4 5

About Time Inc

Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is one of the world's leading media companies, with a monthly global print audience of over 120 million – Read more

Time Inc Salaries