Time Warner, Inc Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 20, 2017
Hard work for very little pay. Supervision rarely listens to feed back from employees. Turn over rate is atrocious. Would not recommend this job unless it was a last resort
Pros
Work alone
Cons
No supervision or guidance
Typical Call Center
TSR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed helping customers, and was given a lot of room to do so. The hours were good, the pay was better. It was a wonderful job to have as a summer job in such a beautiful city!!
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
None really
company focused
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2017
typical day was installation and maintenance of customer prem equipment and turn up. maintenance was scheduled in advance and customers were notified before work was performed
Pros
customer focus
Cons
Horrible culture with a very old school mentality
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
Very paper driven, outdated systems, poorly trained management. Be ready to teach your bosses excel basics and how to navigate through the databases - this will be 90% of your job.
Pros
Pay and Vacation (IF you get approval!)
Cons
Culture, systems, management.
Productive and a good place to work on.
QA Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
I was involved in front end testing where I created and ran automation tests for the new pages implemented on the website. I participated in meetings with the client, product development team, developers, and designers in the project to provide my feedback.
The corporate environment was just not for me.
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
This was an internship opportunity through the program Year Up. While the program was helpful in assisting me with computer knowledge and corporate business readiness, I did not enjoy the environment as it made me feel claustrophobic and trapped. The IT department that I worked with were great people and very laid back despite the stuck up surroundings. The rest of the company was full of very pretentious people and sour attitudes that made the job extremely unappealing. I was also given very little variety in my work and was given very little guidance in anything else.
Pros
Free drinks and coffee
Cons
Claustrophobic environment and rude coworkers
Great environment and culture
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2017
great culture and team dynamic. Used a lot of data management tools. Acquired a lot of new skills that would help me in the future for my career. Everyone was exceptional.
A progressive and competitive environment in which to work
Marketing Manager, Director of Sales, AOL (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 18, 2017
I was involved in marketing, which included the opportunity to create commercials and promotions to move the company forward. I worked with a number of departments, including customer service representatives and salespeople.
Pros
A job that allowed me to be creative and to work with a variety of people.
Cons
The area was very competitve with the introduction of new competition and technology
Learn some accounting experience with Time Warner
Accts Temp (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2017
I was temporary employee and I did account receivable with this company. My manager was knowledgable and taught me a lot about the job. I was treated very nice by my co-employees.
Pros
Early release some of the work day.
Cons
temporary, no benefit and no insurance
Amazing Company
Vice President, Global Workforce Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
An outstanding organization at the forefront of delivering content and video to consumers through mainstream and new digital distribution channels.

With the upcoming AT&T acquisition of TW, certain roles within Corporate office are likely to be affected, however, the combined companies provide an outstanding vertical integration opportunity to distribute TW's amazing content and library across multiple distribution options and house the library on vast AT&T data centers.

There is no end to options that will be uncovered to the benefit of the end consumers due to this merger.
Pros
Amazing leadership and outstanding (industry leading) product.
Cons
Mergers and acquisitions must happen and generally the acquired must leave.
Wanted more
Executive Assistant to the VP of Investments (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
After being used to a fast paced environment where challenges were met constantly, I found myself in a department that was very uninviting. The hours dragged due to lack of work and the social atmosphere was draining and void. I don't speak of the company as a whole but the department I was in was not suited for me and what I have been accustomed to.
Cons
Health Care, 401 k
A great company to work for
Business Analyst/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Time Warner Inc is a A company with good encouraging work environment .
The company work culture thrives in bringing the best of an individual and in turn allow in being able to contribute to the projects.
One of the most powerful studios in the world.
Producer/Writer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 20, 2016
Tremendous reach, and access, at TW, and artists, managers, and producers are given the proper tools to make content marketable and distributable.
cool
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2016
very nice to be around authors and people in the entertainment industry. I got a chance to work behind the scenes and see what production is really like. my co-workers were cool. the hardest part of the job was finishing all assignments before friday. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with entertainment industry people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
30 min lunches
work and play
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2016
tons of opportunity for learning in this company. succeeded in b2b sales and operations, learns crm dynamics, sharepoint management of team files libraries.
IT very disorganized
Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
PM on several Compliance, security and Regulatory and Internal Audit projects.
Very few tools used.
Consultants were given laptops that had belonged to employees, after the employees were upgraded.
Mail and calendars did not function the same across all of the enterprise
Fiber build
Voice Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
was hire in construction to build new networks, was later selected to support mew voice service and sales support engineer to a new start up division of Time Warner.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
had to work in NY city
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
Great work environment; great people to work with; work/life balance; some good perks. Competitive benefits and pay.
Flexible and work-friendly environment
Senior Database Administrator/Data Architect (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2016
Great company to work for. Has been recently acquired. Changes are pending. Big restructuring, merger, and new opportunities.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Usual Corporate Data Chaos
A fun place to work with a number of perks and good morale
Not disclosing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2015
A fun place to work with a number of perks and good morale. Company offered summer hours, Christmas week off and had a pool table and ping pong table.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Time Warner, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3