Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,301 reviews matching the search
A Company that Knows the Job is Hard.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 29, 2016
My job is as a Retention Specialist. This means that it is my job to try and keep customers from disconnecting or downgrading service. Customers calling in with the intent on taking service off of their account, normally due to service or price, must go through us first. TWC knows that this is difficult and does its best to compensate for having to deal with irate and often irrational customers. The hardest part of the job is explaining to customers that feel entitled to have everything for nothing that there is only so much that a company can do to provide excellent service at low costs. The company provides great compensation and benefits and tries to keep the employees spirits uplifted best they can. I have had my problems with the job but I must say that I love the company.
Pros
Great work environment, compensation and benefits.
Cons
Customers often angry at company take it out on you.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 29, 2016
This was the best customer service job I had in my time as a CSR. working with great people and working for a great company what more can a person ask for
I love Time Warner Cable
Inbound Sales and Retention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2016
Compensation and Growth opportunities are great. Incentives are great. Fast paced environment with high expectations and goals that change often. Competition is encouraged.
It was a pleasure to work for
SignatureHome PSA III (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2016
Time Warner Cable was an amazing company however at this time I was unable to continue to work there. It was go in do your job and enjoy doing it with helpful fellow employees who were great people and friends. It was so much fun to have goals to meet as well as strive to continue aiming for achievements. The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers but honestly it was fun to do at the same time.
Pros
Benefits, pay, fellow employees
Cons
Disgruntled customers
Does not exist anymore
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 27, 2016
Once purchased by charter the whole company went down the tubes. Work day includes rushing around from job to job hoping you do not mess up and get a repeat or you barely get paid for the month. Climbing poles is unsafe with equipment they use. The vans are old and rundown. Management was terrible and refused to fix my truck more then once.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
The Management
Great place
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 27, 2016
A typical day would be quiet, I learned about the different things they do in te place,the manahement is good,my co-workers and great.
Positive, flexible, encouraging, freindly envirnoment
Deployment/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 27, 2016
Great place to work, management encourages to have a voice, flexible schedules, positives attitudes and team work to get things done on a daily basis.
Thoughts
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2016
TWC good is a good company benefits are awesome. I was employed with TWC for 5 months only thing I could really say is communication between employee and supervisor needs to be a lot better.
Minimal work and large monetary compensation
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
Time Warner Cable had great retail hours. They closed on holidays like a bank, Sundays, and early evening. There was no attention to training that helped to better me or assisted me in doing better in my position. The minimal training they had felt as if it was winged by management. It was very easy to talk to managers and area manager, since there were not many stores the managers were readily available through messenger or working in stores. The hardest part about my job was that the product was not reliable and every other customer complained of internet lad and old/ bad equipment. Stores were constantly overwhelmed with people because they did not plan the city roll out of system upgrading properly. Management like all managers were not as knowledgeable in the system or were new so we relied on senior coworkers more. I loved my co-workers and the lax atmosphere which was the best part of job.
Pros
free services
Cons
no professional customer service training
Good company to work for
Dispatcher 1 (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 25, 2016
Good company to work for, met lots of people. Nice Supervisors and Managers. Great co-workers, company allows you to advance on your own time and pace.
Pros
Good health benefits and salary
Cons
Sometimes working late
Fast paced workplace with diverse employees
Customer Service Rep/ Inside sale and Retention (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2016
I have been working at Time Warner Cable more than a year now. I've had extensive training regarding customer service and product knowledge. I don't believe management was always on the same page locally and enterprise wide. I work with a very diverse group of peers. The hardest part of the job is retaining strained relationship with unhappy customers. I can honesty state that the job is low stress, has a great commission scale, its a comfortable call center environment, has great incentives, and over all a great company.
Very basic Office Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 23, 2016
Decent Benefits, okay salary. Customer service is emotionally draining here however but that also depends on the location of the call center.
Great company
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMay 23, 2016
Multi-state company with good possibilities for advancement and relocation, customer service is of the utmost importance.
Pros
lots of bonus potential and recognition of achievements
Cons
unreliable structure and upper support, unrealistic expectations
NIce first job for someone with a hard time finding a job
Customer Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 23, 2016
I am not pleased with the commute. The overall job description does not interest me. I don't feel like the job challenges me enough.
na
Front counter sales, customer support (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2016
This job is more like a come up job , you work there for moment and you move on to a better job for your needs and wants. Great managers who takes care of you , you meet a lot of different people . I wouldn't let this job be a permanent job for your life , its too repetitive nothing new and exciting.
Fantastic start to a exciting and wide industry.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2016
Time Warner Cable has opened my eyes and shown me the vast industry known as telecommunications. I've learned a lot about technology present and innovations coming in the near future. Time Warner Cable has kept me in the drivers seat with exciting and new technology. It has also taught me a lot about communication. I have become a expert with communicating on several different levels of many different communication types.
good experience to learn technology
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2016
To be a cable technician and learn all about technology is great. Also, to be able to help customers with their cable related issues was also fun and stressful sometimes. Technology is forever changing so to be at the forefront of it is good.
Pros
discount services and benefits
Cons
stagnant movement throughout compsny
ok
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KY 40509May 20, 2016
If your just entering the workforce, consider this as a "ok" route.
You'll learn some interesting skills and gain valuable people skills.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Its the cable company
Productive and very fun
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 20, 2016
I absolutely love my job. Talking to new people and making them smile. I love getting to know the customers needs and making them happy
Best job ever
Dispatcher 3 (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 20, 2016
Management is very relatable and understanding. The work past is very fast but it helps the day go fast. benefits with the company is great. The company does many things to show appreciation for each of the employees.