Time Warner Cable
2,046 reviews

Time Warner Cable Employer Reviews

waste of time
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Hardships are coming from upper management. Unable to enjoy work there.
Time Warner Cable is a great place to work.
Confirmation Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Time Warner Cable is a great place to work. The management team really cared about their employees.
High turnover rate for good reason
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: excellent health benefits.
Cons: work schedule can change every six months.
The criteria for shift assignment is skewed so that the new people get the worst shifts. Hours are from 8 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week. Most likely a new person after training will end up with the closing shift and work every Sat. Pay is $11/hr + commission.
Producing Leads
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Hotel Sales require business to business relationships. It requires a lot of cold calling and determination. Finding leads for the hotel industry is as easy as checking current and upcoming events, being in the pulse of city development, being a member of the GRCVB, and other organizations, such as Toastmasters, different city clubs and organizations, RTP association, RDU airport contacts, and the world wide web.
Tough job, but flexible superiors
Level 1 Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 26, 2015
The first job I had in which I received paid time off. The management was pretty flexible when I was dealing with some health issues, and made it very clear that I wouldn't lose my job because of them. I was being considered for a promotion to Q&A when everyone in the building got laid off.
Great benefits
Residential sales (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Fun job, but not much opportunity for advancement.
Typical day was spent in the field signing up customers with Internet, Cable an phone service.
cubicle work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free services for cable/ internet & phone services
Cons: non-stop call after calls-no time to breathe
taking incoming calls for services and billing matters. Also making sales for new service or upgrade. I learned to deal with both way communication in technology in cable boxes & internet modems. Management was too focused in productivity in believe in micro management daily. Though coworker was helping each other to deal with customer & knowledge. The hardest part was to deal with ladies who is not familiar with how it works refuses to trouble shoot and enjoyable part of the job was appreciation when successfully resolved the issues
I am ambitious and hard working. I am looking for permanent work
Capital Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse, New YorkJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good campany, new experiences....
Cons: i am a contractor, i am not offered health insurance for free
I am very knowledgeable in many areas. I have 2 Associates degrees and I am 9 class shy of my Bachelors Degree. I like to work. I am honest and hard working. I work in the Finance Dept.; part of a group of 10 people total. We track the spending of Time Warner's Engineering departments as well as the Construction Departments.
wonderful place to work
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 25, 2015
TWC was a great place to work! The pay is wonderful however the job is not easy by far! You must be willing to work hard for your pay and be ready to adapt to change on a monthly basis. I attempted to give them five stars but the system isn't allowing me to.
Full Service Cable Co.
Field Technician/Direct Sales (Former Employee), Littleton, NHJanuary 24, 2015
Great Company to work for.Good people. Could work more on advancements and notices people that want to move up.
Installing cable
Service Technician/ Low Voltage/Cable Tech (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed the work I did with Time Warner, but I was a contractor as well. The contractor I was working for really made it hard for me to enjoy the job.
review
Customer Service/Tier3 Agent (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work. good people made alot of friends. never had to write one of these before not sure what to say just filling this in
Ever Changing Environment
Community Investment Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: constant change in personal
This industry is always changing, and doing so rapidly in the last number of years. Due to that, there is a lot of movement and unrest with employees

Our newer management that I have encountered are always invested in the business and the employees which is a nice change to what we have seen in the past.
great place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
learned medical terminalogy
and made decisions for life insurance
Community & Employee Driven
Replenishment/Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Time Warner Cable is a company that strives on educating, supporting diversity in the workplace. I enjoy getting involved with charitable contributions to the community and for local organizations.
while a great place to work poor management created job insecurity
Collection Lead (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 22, 2015
While i had great people to work with and other wise friendly bosses the management that took over was less than productive and ultimately resulted in the demise of the department.
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security
Overall, It was a great experience to work there. A typical day would consist of helping customer's concerns on a daily basis. My co-workers were the best to work along side with. The most difficult part of my job was to manage some of the concerns of customers at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside wonderful people and resolving customer concerns.
One of the best companies I ever worked for. One of the worst jobs I ever had.
Retention Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, exceptional benefits.
Cons: unrealistic and rigid job expectations which shifted dramatically from month to month.
Sort of a schizophrenic job role. As the job title implies, the task was to retain customers who were calling in to complain about service, or completely disconnect.

In this line of work, a sincere apology can go a long way. So can acknowledgement of the customer's value to the company.

What was REALLY expected was to go through a very rigidly formulated if not scripted approach to explore the customer's needs, and then take a customer who is calling to complain that their bill has gone up, for example by 15% after the expiration of some promotional price, and to convince them to go with a plan that would be at least $10 per month MORE than the 15% increase.

If you weren't able to do this, you fell below some point threshold on a scorecard. If you fell below this threshold for enough cycles, then you would be written up for poor performance.

There was plenty of money to be made if you are the kind of a person who can engage the customer in a sort of passive aggressive adversarial way and still manage to sleep at night. I was not such a person, and am no longer there.
Mirco-managed
Commercial Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Nice if u can just stay in Business Class...Resident services pay less and more is required of you.
Profit Driven less employee concern
Warehouse Office Assistant 2004 - 2006 (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: none to mention at this time
Cons: hosting job fairs while down-sizing the long-time employees, without offering transfers to other departments
Enjoyed working there most of the time
During the merger many upper management were upset that many of the new staff your were a long-time employees.
Management had favorites and were not knowledgeable in their fields.
Being relocated several times within the company to different offices.
How the company would hold "Down Sizing Meetings and Job Fairs at the same time.
Seeing the old time employees at the Dragon Games and Employee Benefit Meetings

1 2 3 4 5

About Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. – Read more

Time Warner Cable Photos