Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,500 reviews matching the search
Poor management, customer service, work life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TX 75019March 24, 2016
Manage service delivery orders. Work as a liasion with customers/field operations.Most days are full of regrets and apologies to customers for missed appointments. No worklife balance, micro managed environment, low pay and no incentives and promotion opportunties.Heavy use of time clock for disciplinary purposes. Not a nice place to work if you are career minded, customer focused with a family.
Pros
Good benefits, healthcare etc.
Cons
Micro management, no flexability, poor management and Low pay
Productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 28, 2016
excellent benefits, fast paced work environment and sometimes can really be fun to work at...The only negative aspect of the job is sometimes the customer may know of a change in their services or promotional offers before the employee so I would say that there is poor communication between management and the employees.
Pros
During big events and when we would have mandatory overtime they would provide lunch
Cons
The lack of communication betweem departments
Very hard work with great benefits- Must be adaptable quickly
Regional Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 7, 2016
Very hard work with great benefits. Must be adaptable and have the ability to change quickly. This is a good company to work for, it could be a great company if they could identify and hire better candidates. TWC will hire just about anyone with any level of experience, and the training is sub-par for the complexity of the work. Rather than hire the best of the best, they hire by the dozen and allow the weak to weed themselves out.
If you can make it through the first year, you should be able to make a great career out of it.
There is very little opportunity to grow, as most of the desired positions are locked with veteran employees. But get your foot in the door and work hard and you can make good money with Great benefits
Great place, but barely any chance for advancement.
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHDecember 30, 2015
Reviewing accounts, processing payments, and typical customer service was what I usually did. I also had to meet a sales quota and handle customer equipment. I learned a lot about building rapport with customers and it helped because customers used to come and request to speak with me instead of other representatives. Management was not great, but in my time there, they made a switch and the new upper management team reviewed all customer employees. They gave me along with a few other representatives an additional raise that our supervisors overlooked. Some of my co-workers relied on me too much since I finished my work quickly, but for the most part, they all handled their own work well. The hardest part about the job was meeting the quota since I was a floater and would be stuck in slow offices at times. The most enjoyable part was the pay and benefits.
I hate that I had to leave
Traffic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 15, 2016
This was the best job I ever had, due to family reasons I had to leave but everything was great. The workplace was fantastic, morale was high, they were getting ready to move into a new building so we were all cramped up into a closet but we had a really good time learning and helping each other. My manager and Supervisor were great and hated to see me go (or at least that's what they told me lol.) A typical work day was broken up with different deadlines so the work doesn't feel redundant. Friday's work was 3 work days full of work and it made the day go by faster. Working from home was wonderful on sick and snow days. The coworkers made the job enjoyable and we had different treats from time to time during meetings. They also offered free cable in the benefits and I received relocation assistance!
Pros
Positive workplace environment, fast work pace, fun and understanding management, free cable, great benefits, low turnaround
Cons
At the time we were working in a closet but they have moved since then so no cons
Compensation Analyst
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2016
TWC has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and to contribute in a meaningful way. My skill set and experience is appreciated. The team communicates well and works well together. This particular group has a great collaborative environment. I can't speak to any of the other roles at TWC, but I highly recommend the Compensation Department.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
I'm a contractor, so no benefits are included. I would welcome a full-time role.
Big Company with no Accountability
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  MaineNovember 28, 2015
Time Warner Cable is extremely lacking balance in being a profitable company while growing a satisfied consumer base, and on top of that are leaving a sour taste in employees' mouths with inconsistent processes and changes. Simply put the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, and when your employees and consumers can clearly see this, and the company turns a blind eye, there is something truly wrong with this company still being in business. This company is full of band aid temporary solutions and cover ups, but until the real issues are fixed, they will have bitter customers and employees will not remain loyal.
Pros
Benefits (health, vision, dental) 401k, Pension, Completely free cable services
Cons
Management, all processes in completing daily tasks, office politics, no consistency in job duties, poor training
TWC Business Class
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 20, 2016
TWC-BC is a separate company operating under the Time Warner Cable umbrella. Typically one in the Account Executive role will go to daily morning meetings beginning at 8:30am. Then we will do some cold calls or door knocking for a few hours, set appointments and attend appointments, then follow up and ensure we have enough activity in order to sell $3000 in new monthly revenue every month. This is all new revenue which is what Account Executives go for.

I learned a lot about selling as much as you possibly can in as little a time as you possibly can. I also learned the biggest competition to TWC-BC is TWC-BC telesales.

Co-workers are somewhat sneaky and will try to take your sales. Management cares about numbers more than people. The hardest part of the job is ensuring no one else is "working" your accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job is the compensation.
Horrible place to work
Care 1 agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2016
I regret ever walking in to the TWC call center. The culture is horrible with extremely poor management. They also have very shady clock in procedures that cause people to work off the clock while setting up their systems.

Customer's all want to lower their bill and for good reason. It puts the front line reps in a vicarious position because we have little to no power to actually help lower bills in most cases.

There are some great people there.

Customer's are extremely frustrated with TWC overall mostly because bills are so high. Many just want to vent or get their bill lowered which you cannot usually do.

I can't rate the management of Care 1 in Kansas City low enough. They think that pressure is a substitute for coaching and encouragement and as a result Kansas City Care 1 is the lowest rated call center in the district.
Pros
Free cable, good health care coverage
Cons
Poisonous culture, poor management, angry customers
Really enjoy working for Time Warner Cable
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NY 14224February 20, 2016
I really enjoy working for Time Warner Cable, but it isn't my passion. My passion is programming and computers, and no matter what else I do, I always come back to it in some way, shape or form.

My typical day starts with any appointments I may have, then some office work and ensuring I have been properly credited for my sales that were installed, followed by contacting customers at their homes to talk to them about the exciting opportunities Time Warner Cable has to offer in television, internet, home phone and home security.

My co-workers and supervisors are great. Very team oriented atmosphere and a fun work environment. Hardest part of the job is being outside in adverse weather conditions(especially cold and rain). Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people on a daily basis and helping meet their needs better than their current provider and hopefully saving them money in the process as well.
Pros
work/life balance, flexible schedule, compensation, health benefits, 401K, pension
Cons
working outside in harsh conditions at times

Want to know more about Time Warner Cable?

Ask a question
Fast paced, fun, challenging, rewarding place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day would be back to back calls from customers with billing or service issues. I learned to listen carefully to the customer, analyze the account & quickly evaluate the account and offer suggestions.
I learned to be extremely patient & align myself with the customer, ask the right questions for the situation, offer suggestions or make requested changes to the account.
Management was always very helpful and interested in the employees. Always got along with coworkers and worked together to resolve issues. The hardest part of the job was the 108 mile commute. The most enjoyable part was successfully assisting my customers to find the right solution.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long comute
Cutting edge telecommunications company
Customer Care/Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 24, 2016
Fast paced and high volume technical customer support and sales. Experienced management team with hands-on development toward improved performance.
Continued improvement of technical and customer service skill set, with opportunities to see a task through to completion from a vast and varied degrees of customer concerns.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement.
Great job
Field Technician I (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 12, 2016
Field techs generally get promoted on their own pace. Its a great job, but they may have you working over an hour and a half from home. The one hour arrival time does suck, because even as you drive to your next job, it eats away at that time you have. Besides that, if you enjoy working alone and enjoy the pressure, this place is for you.
Pros
Promotion, benefits
Cons
Sometimes the time you get for a job isn't enough to complete
Great Benefits and Compensation... but...
Retail Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 22, 2016
Fantastic benefits and compensation. Commissions are great along with what they give you. It is just not enough to deal with the Verbal abuse from customers everyday. I loved my co-workers, and management clearly never sold a day in there lives at TWC. The expectation of how much you should be selling was a little on the unrealistic side.
Pros
Commission, free cable
Cons
Verbal Abuse
I enjoyed this job very much!
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 2, 2016
This was my entry level to the cable industry good compensation bad hours of work and no down time. management was good to work for lack of communication at times between upper and middle management other than that it was a good place to start in the industry to get my basic install skill set
Pros
Company truck to take home and fleet gas card and tools provided
Cons
long shifts and 6 day work week
Dsyfunctional Sales Culture
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 13, 2015
I really can't say many positive things about the working environment for this company, with the exception of the training programs and benefits. The Sales culture is very cut-throat, unethical, and very political. I found many in the sales department, including management, to be conniving and back stabbing. Management is not very supportive or motivational when it came to sales account resolution and account protection. Sales reps would openly steal accounts and take credit for orders that someone else would bring to the company. Management would just look the other way. Not a healthy working environment at all for sales, perhaps other departments are not this dysfunctional, not sure.
worst part is no support from the management
Field Service Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 21, 2016
the benefits were great but offten id get stuck on a very large job and get no help i would call my sup several times and be told every one is buisy no one can help then the next day hear from some one else that they sat with nothing to do then a week later id be sitting with little to do and call my sups and be told no one needs help then the next day some one else would tell me about some large job they had that i could have helped them on but with over 60 people in my tech group its hard to call every one my self but if they are calling and i am calling you would thing the supps would pair us up

then there are the clients they absolutely hate the company and do not hesitate to take it out on the in home tech group i have had knives guns and even shot guns waved in my face and been threatened with large dogs not a good environment to work in
Pros
great benefits
Cons
violent clientele and unsupportive supervisors
A typical year
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2015
A lot of freedom to experiment and pursue projects that one likes. promotions are not very well thought of but compensation is pretty attractive...work life balance is decent, you have still work in an office but can work from home when required. they always use the latest and greatest technologies so it a great learning environment.
Pros
freedom and friendly culture
Cons
bad marketing and not very strategic
retail sale rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  ohioJanuary 4, 2016
the new "r-pro" system that reps have to use with all customers is horrible. Customers come in to the office and you have to "build a house" to make sure they are getting the best value. This is just opening a can of worms, because customers just want to come in pay the bill and get a lower rate which is not most likely possible. Not to mention when there is a line to the door and customers have to wait 1/2 hour , they do not want to waste anymore time with the rep who is being nosey asking about what they pay other companies for their internet, phone and security . I personally don't think that is my business to be asking customers. Management will stand and observe you with customer and tell you what you did wrong,and then they want to role play with you. Management has no clue how to handle customers since they do not deal with the. I have been doing customer service for 21 years with Time Warner and am currently looking for a new place of employment due to the fact that management is horrible !
Pros
free service, good health benefits
Cons
management only cares about themselves
produtive in the workplace enjoyed my job
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 28, 2015
a t.ypical day at work give 100 percent everyday learned about new products and equipment management was a great help in helping me progress my co- workers were always there to help in and out the field when problems occurred the hardest part of the job was when you ran in to installations that wasn't done right from the start and you had to come in and redo them which really wasn't a problem .the most enjoyable part of my day was seeing a customer happy cause that was my number one goal is to please that customer
Pros
401k, commissions, retirement healthcare
Cons
not having the pros