Time Warner Cable
1,969 reviews

Time Warner Cable Employer Reviews

It's a good "mean time " job.
Cable Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free cable, and internet.
Cons: employee tuition assistance program is the worst.
They have many people that shouldn't be supervisors. This place is constantly changing. I have seen many good things happening, and then suddenly, someone in corporate offices puts a stop to it.
It was ok
field tech (Former Employee), San AntonioDecember 16, 2014
Pros: you worked by yourself
Cons: deductions
working for this company was fun. met allot of good people on my route and was very happy. What i didn't like was that i was charged out of my check for everything that was or wasn't my fault. that no explanation was given to me or documentation detailing what was wrong. It seemed that no matter what precautions i took to insure a perfectly executed – more... job, pictures or snapshots of reading once connection was made that i would find out once i got my paycheck that i was charged for a fail. – less
A good starter job
Service Technician (Current Employee), Racine, WIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free cable, hsd, phone, intelligent home
While I did learn a lot working for the company, my skills were highly under utilized and under appreciated.
Great Place to work
Supervisor HFC Design Mid-West Region (Current Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 15, 2014
I am very happy at Time Warner and recommend the job to anyone, The people are great to work with and we always pull together and make things happen. There are great folks in Management that really have are best interest in mind, they really care,
TWC
Voice and Data Technician (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCDecember 15, 2014
Great company to work for. Great room for advancement, and great employee benefits.
Great company Great benefits
Technical Support Representative/ Escalations Lead (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 15, 2014
Escalation rep. Served as a Supervisor to all Texas Time Warner Cable Customers. Assisted customer with complex issues that required supervisor level decision making to resolve complex customer billing and technical support issues.
It was a learning experience
Warehouse/converter control (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: free cable
Cons: management
It was a learning experience got to meet a lot of fun people and enjoyed the free cable for many years
Stressful with high camaraderie and independence
Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2014
Pros: paid training, tools provided, good friends, free cable/internet
Cons: stressful, fast paced, bureaucratic
Long hours, independent, coworkers willing to help.

A typical day consists of you taking time out of your morning waiting at the warehouse to get not enough equipment to complete a given day. Thus, either stock up or learn how to coax coworkers to meet you to share equipment. Many customers do enjoy the services they will be receiving however many – more... will be displeased with your ability to complete a job, so be prepared to calmly apologize. You must be prepared to get dirty in crawlspaces, attics, and cannot be afraid of heights. Depending on your area, you may be on the poles at every job 20+ feet suspended in the air. Make sure you respect all safety precautions because this job can be dangerous if not following all safety protocols. – less
Hostile work enviroment
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 13, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: hostile work environment and hostile management
This company is the worst to work for they do not care about the employees at all they only care about putting money in their pockets. They make the employees lie to the customers to keep their business which of course just causes more problems once the customer realizes they have been lied to. The management team looks for any reason whether it is – more... legal or not legal to fire employees and immediate supervisors will go to HR and lie about employees if they do not like the employee so they get fired. They work employees long hours and try to get away with avoiding paying overtime to employees that work more than 40 hours in a week by coming up with off the wall strategies to work the system. The only plus is the employees because everyone is in the same boat unless of course you party in the bars with the management team and immediate supervisors then you can get away with anything and get the best hours and best assignments. – less
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 12, 2014
Pros: team building, camaraderie, and learning new things
Cons: long days and working weekends
Time Warner Cable is a very exciting place to work. I currently work in the Programming department where network programming deals are negotiated and made. The pace is fast and the deadline are always quickly approaching; it's never a dull moment. Each day brings with it new challenges and excitement. But my co-workers and I face each day as we have – more... from the moment I joined this group; head-on and together. I have learned so much about programming and all the different variables used to determine the right content for the right markets. I'd have to say the hardest part of this job is juggling the many demands but it's also the most enjoyable because of the rewards in completing each demand. – less
fast paced environment with high visibility for errors
Tier 3 Coordinator Home Solutions (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches while working, free cable, healthcare
Cons: hostile work environment
I was put online against my will and was working under and in a hostile work environment; while no assistance was provided or afforded to by reasonable measures by Time Warner Cable and others.
If it can be helped, I do not suggest employment here
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: atmospher, culture, lack of true leadership, management
The only real great detail about TWC is the benefits. From health to employee packages.

In my years of professional employment, I haven't met a company that can rival the health benefits that TWC offers for this type of employment. Working for TWC, you get 90% of the products for free.

The company's thought with this is if an employee has these products – more... and uses them at home, they become "experts" on them to discuss the features with the customers.

The company, however, doesn't take into consideration that 90% of the customers don't really care about all the bells and whistles the products offer. Most of the customer only care about watching their programs and surfing the web and just want the products to work.

Management lacks true leadership. The overall mentality of TWC is the right hand has now idea what the left hand is doing. There are overlapping issues and instances of poor, if at all, communication with each other down to the subordinates.

There is a huge lack of support from leads, supervisors and managers to the floor reps. If a rep has a question regarding an issue with a customer, you could potentially receive several different responses from the support staff, none of which will be similar to the other responses.

There is a constant problem of unnecessary disciplinary actions, 90% of which is related to the lack of good training and communication from the support staff. Drama is the rule of the day. – less
approved company
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: work-life balance, good benefit, good pay
Cons: nothing
Its a very good company to work with. Good work-life balance. Centrally hearted in good climate area !!
Productive workplace
Care Tools Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2014
Maintaining a positive attitude while delivering excellent customer service via phone and email and engaging in a team friendly environment
Loved the people and the office.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHDecember 8, 2014
It was great to work here, however, I am not a sales person. I am happy to assist and trouble shoot, however, when it comes to pushing people to buy that is not my strong point.
Time Warner was a great place to work
Customer Service Operations (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 7, 2014
Pros: co workers, supervisors, bonus checks
Cons: meeting 3 minute call resolution, it takes much longer to satify a customer before ending a call.
I loved the environment at the call center in Wilmington before they relocated which ended my job there. I could not sell my home in time. I had great people that worked beside me and wonderful supervisors. I enjoyed taking care of customer's issues, and knowing I satisfied them by the end of the call. My day included technical support, sales. field – more... work orders, billing, adjustments to accounts, working together with dispatch and other operations, setting up appointments for installation along with coding on the accounts so the devices would work when installed. I usually held top performance numbers in the top ten out of over 300 employees. The hardest part of the job was keeping the time allotted per customer, and handling their problem in only a few minutes. Some times the customer needed more time than that just to explain their issues. I would take the time it needed to handle their problem, instead of worrying about making my calls per hour. I was efficient and took only the time it needed to satisfy them, as well as trying to sell other products, which was a requirement. Everything else about this job was wonderful, including bonus checks every other month for products sold. – less
Time Warner Cable
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2014
This company works with its employees to ensure they are achieving the goals set. They try to work with the situation given and do the best they can to make their employees happy. This is a great place to work.
Experiential
Reciever/Shipper (Former Employee), Portland, MEDecember 5, 2014
Difficult to implement new ideas or easier processes. Cluster work environment. I enjoyed accomplishing tasks. It was exciting to know customers were receiving their products each day.
Not a good job for parents or college students
Inbound Sales (Current Employee), Akron, OhioDecember 5, 2014
Pros: inexpensive excellent healthcare, friendly atmosphere
Cons: changing sales goals, changing commission criteria, $9 hour
Sales queue manipulated daily making it impossible to attain the salary advertised. The rules & regulations change constantly, commission goals are always changing drastically. Employees must sign new contracts twice monthly as the mandatory sales goals and commission eligibility are changed bi weekly. Inbound Sales Reps basically handle customer service, – more... grievance and complaint calls. Free coffee, free food, contests for prizes are fine for employees that don't expect to make more than $9.20 an hour. There are a lot of misrepresentations at the interview and throughout training. Excellent health benefits and very affordable. A great place to work if this is your first job and you aren't a college student or parent. You will work nights including every Friday and Saturday night your first year regardless of promises. The supervisors are very motivated and will try to help whenever you need them. A very energetic and positive atmosphere but achieving the salary advertised is challenged by the threat of job loss if sales goals aren't met and a list of ever changing criteria to get a commission of either 100%, 50% or 0% of your sales totals. This tier system is not introduced until the second month of employment. – less
last position held for Time Warner was customer service and sales rep
customer service and sales rep (Former Employee), Eastgate Mall Cincinnati OhDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free cable and internet
Cons: scheduling changes twice a year that is not very easy for associates with child care issues
a typical day would be to open the store, greet customers, take payments, issue or return equipment, educate customers on our services as well as their equipment, address customer issues and concerns, selling and upgrading services, and at the end of the day, count and balance all monies and prepare the deposit.

1 2 3 4 5

About Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. – Read more

Time Warner Cable Photos