Time Warner Cable
1,783 reviews

Time Warner Cable Employer Reviews

Enjoyable work environment
Customer Solutions-Sales/Marketing (Current Employee), milwaukee, wiSeptember 15, 2014
It's an enjoyable work environment with excellent benefits.
It used be good to work here but now it sucks
Technical Support Agent II (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 15, 2014
This used to be a great place to work but has gone downhill very quickly when we went public. Now with a looming acquisition by Comcast all the rats are bailing from the sinking ship.
an ok job at best
Customer Service / Tech Support (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits / free cable, internet, phone
Cons: soul sucking, getting yelled at all day
this may be the job for some people, but if you do not want to get yelled at by people who are missing the real house wives of beverly hills, look elsewhere.
Terrible place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee), Florence, KYSeptember 12, 2014
Back to back calls constantly, very little support, unrealistic expectations, penalize your pay because you use the restroom. 1/10 do not recommend
good pay
csr rep 3 (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, great coworkers
Cons: you could get fired without warning
work is constant, supervisors not always on the floor, but your treated like a person
Sum up my time at TWC
Senior Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Kettering, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: n/a
Worked service calls all day from running cable lines up to working on signal issue at the tap and amps.

I learned to work quickly and kept the quality to TWC standers.

Liked all the mangers i worked for.

Didn't work with many of the guys but if i got a call to come help I did.

Leaving after 7 yrs to try something new.

Ok pay and great benefits.
Inbound Sales
Inbound Sales (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: not being able to help even when you know you can.
Answered inbound calls. My job was to answer inbound calls and whether they were calling for sales or any other issue I was to ask question to find needs for services that the customer didn't already have or enhance the ones that they had. I learned that in sales it is very competitive and other agents will take your sales if given an opportunity. Management – more... was changed regularly because of changing shifts. Each manager focuses on different things and those things can change constantly. Management styles varied greatly and could be very difficult at times to adjust to.My co-workers were very supportive and most of them were very helpful with sharing things that worked well for them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with my last manager who was very much so a micro manager. She would try to have a conversation with me while I was on the phone with a customer via in person or through instant messenger which distracted me from taking care of the needs of the customer. Being pulled off the phones constantly when you have numbers that have to be met as far as sales and the number of calls that you take in a day. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking with the customers and making a connection with them and being able to help solve their problem and keeping them happy with the company and our services. – less
review2
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), clevelandSeptember 11, 2014
recieved incoming calls from current and potential customers
Schedule & Days off
Customer and Technical Support (Former Employee), Florence, KYSeptember 11, 2014
The main things at the job that were very positive was the pay amount and that you were able to have your own desk. The not so good things were having to work from 1:30pm to 10pm and the two days off not being together split throughout the week.
On Freeze
IT Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Everything is on freeze until merger happens. They say BAU, but everyone is leaving and morale is looooow.
Dynamic and Customer Centered!
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great technologies utilized
Dynamic company utilizing great technology for its customers!
they have good benefits
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
I was a good company with great benefits however most of the decisions are made directly by your manager without HR's approval.
Oppportunity to meet different people everyday
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Ventura, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: meeting different customer everday
Cons: flithy task
Typical consist of problem solving and interaction with a lot of customers.
Poor Management + Poor Product = Unhappy customers
Broadband Technician III (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: long hours, management, product, compensation, advancement opportunity
This company only cares about growing it's bottom-line profit and not the quality of its service. A typical day consists of driving into the office to get told by management that we weren't doing enough as technicians to grow the brand. We would then wait in line for about an hour to get our refurbished equipment to install for our jobs for the day. – more... After that, you would run whatever route the dispatch team gives you. Each job was worth a point value and you were expected to have a certain amount of points each day. Throughout your day the jobs would change in your queue, your supervisor would randomly show up to "help you" (really just take a reading and talk your ear off) and you would get threatened for shutting off service by deadbeat customers that don't pay their bills. It is a labor intensive position; you climb poles, through attics, under houses, on roofs, on large ladders to check for issues with signal. Customers know that they get refurbished modems and cable boxes and bite your head off even though it's not y our fault. Then to make it worse when you are done for the day your supervisor will call you and hit you up to work more because some slacker only got two jobs done. For the $14 an hour, it is definitely NOT worth the aggravation. I hear AT&T and even DirectTV treat their technicians better. – less
Productive Day
Customer Solutions & Retention Representative (Current Employee), West Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
A typical day at work is calming irate customers down concerning their bills and services. Once, I relate, empathize, and let them know I understand and illustrate a willingness to assist, they calm down and I resolve their issue(s).
Very little advancement ops and have to be dead to the stuff screamed at you
RETENTION AGENT (Current Employee), West Columbia, ScSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, commission, management tries to keep spirits up
Cons: quotas to meet, commission rate constantly changing, management is not help most times, no matter your department you have to try to upsale, management achievable by brown nosing, makes you feel like than human after a long day of strangers calling you names
Customers call in for various different reasons. I personally work in the Solutions Dept also known as Retention dept. Its our jobs to retain all customers services and products as much as possible. Most ppl are wanting something for nothing. They give you their whole financial background or complain about services or say the other companies are offering – more... them this that and the other for next to nothing. Thats part of the job. So you give them a discount or inform them that they cant have a new package because its the best you actually can do, no you dont just make up a number and thats what the bill will be.......many people think that. When you dont discount the services enough you get screamed at and cussed out and so on. 95% of the time the reason your being yelled at is because the customer messed up somewhere, usually they dont read their bill. Everything they need to know is on their bill but in the age of electronic lazy ppl we get the short end of the stick b/c your just a person there to kiss their tail and make them happy because the customer is always right....wrong the customer is right most of the time when with in reason.
You can move up to management if you half behind do your job and make buddies with then higher ups. Seems the more crooked you are the better off you are. This is not the case 100 % of the time this is just most of the time. There are mangers who hate their position wanna go back on the phones or just want to help folks no meetings or paperwork and manager stuff. Oh and if you have a call that needs to go to a manager, good luck. My sup takes them when hes in our area. Managers have like 15 to 30 ppl on their teams and are constantly being called into meetings because ppl are on calls for more than 12 mins and not every call in the retention dept thats passed down from 5 other sales departments isnt making a sale. I hate when I am trying to help a customer or clean up where someone went in and did all sorts of wrong things to an account and it takes some time and I am trying to do right by the customer and change their mind that the cable company is not evil, bad past experiences, and then there is some supervisor i dont even know sending me an instant message saying the time ive been on the call... i know how long ive been on the call i have a big timer on the screen i cant remove. This is not for you if back to back to breathes in between calls are stressful to you. If you get mad when strangers cuss you out and call you names, not for you, If your looking to move up and are not a brown noser.... again not for you, If you can be a robot and take a ton of calls and not take anything anyone tells you to heart then this is the place for you. I will say this there are some serious drinking problems with in the call center buisness to the point that you get free visits to the shrink in this call center ... not a joke. dead serious. Seriously depressed ppl there. – less
Changes in direction were too often and upper management did not communicate with employees very consistently
Sales Manager - NEO/WPA (Former Employee), Cleveland OhioSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: tickets to events
Cons: poor communication form senior management
There were many changes in reporting structures/org charts that accused much stress as many managers did not know if they would have jobs very long. No one form senior manage,meant seems to have answers nor would communicate with middle manage,meant about upcoming changes.
Excellent Team Work
Sales Assistant / Office Manager (Current Employee), Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OHSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free cable internet and phone services available to employees
Great place to work. Excellent example what team work is all about.
Enjoyed working with the public.
Commercial Sales rep (Former Employee), Geneva New YorkSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great work with others
Cons: no room for advancement
Worked with the general public on a daily basis. Was very challenging when on service or repairs.
Insight was a good company, Time Warner not so good.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: healthcare was good
Cons: was sold to time warner and you lost alot of benefits, told you were not going to lose your job, the next week you would be told your department was going to be eliminated.
Really enjoyed working there when it was Insight Communications. They really cared about their employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. – Read more

Time Warner Cable Photos