Time Warner Cable
2,036 reviews

Time Warner Cable Employer Reviews

Full Service Cable Co.
Field Technician/Direct Sales (Former Employee), Littleton, NHJanuary 24, 2015
Great Company to work for.Good people. Could work more on advancements and notices people that want to move up.
Installing cable
Service Technician/ Low Voltage/Cable Tech (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2015
I enjoyed the work I did with Time Warner, but I was a contractor as well. The contractor I was working for really made it hard for me to enjoy the job.
review
Customer Service/Tier3 Agent (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work. good people made alot of friends. never had to write one of these before not sure what to say just filling this in
great place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
learned medical terminalogy
and made decisions for life insurance
Community & Employee Driven
Replenishment/Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Time Warner Cable is a company that strives on educating, supporting diversity in the workplace. I enjoy getting involved with charitable contributions to the community and for local organizations.
while a great place to work poor management created job insecurity
Collection Lead (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 22, 2015
While i had great people to work with and other wise friendly bosses the management that took over was less than productive and ultimately resulted in the demise of the department.
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security
Overall, It was a great experience to work there. A typical day would consist of helping customer's concerns on a daily basis. My co-workers were the best to work along side with. The most difficult part of my job was to manage some of the concerns of customers at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alongside wonderful people and resolving customer concerns.
Sr. Order Management Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Herndon VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: annual increase
Cons: distance of job.
A day at work consist of processing customer's request, participating on daily scheduled conference calls to discuss customer's pending orders, special projects etc.
I manage the special projects for the customers.
We work as a team within our department.
The most enjoyable part of my job is satisfying my customers.
One of the best companies I ever worked for. One of the worst jobs I ever had.
Retention Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun work environment, exceptional benefits.
Cons: unrealistic and rigid job expectations which shifted dramatically from month to month.
Sort of a schizophrenic job role. As the job title implies, the task was to retain customers who were calling in to complain about service, or completely disconnect.

In this line of work, a sincere apology can go a long way. So can acknowledgement of the customer's value to the company.

What was REALLY expected was to go through a very rigidly formulated if not scripted approach to explore the customer's needs, and then take a customer who is calling to complain that their bill has gone up, for example by 15% after the expiration of some promotional price, and to convince them to go with a plan that would be at least $10 per month MORE than the 15% increase.

If you weren't able to do this, you fell below some point threshold on a scorecard. If you fell below this threshold for enough cycles, then you would be written up for poor performance.

There was plenty of money to be made if you are the kind of a person who can engage the customer in a sort of passive aggressive adversarial way and still manage to sleep at night. I was not such a person, and am no longer there.
Mirco-managed
Commercial Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Nice if u can just stay in Business Class...Resident services pay less and more is required of you.
Profit Driven less employee concern
Warehouse Office Assistant 2004 - 2006 (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: none to mention at this time
Cons: hosting job fairs while down-sizing the long-time employees, without offering transfers to other departments
Enjoyed working there most of the time
During the merger many upper management were upset that many of the new staff your were a long-time employees.
Management had favorites and were not knowledgeable in their fields.
Being relocated several times within the company to different offices.
How the company would hold "Down Sizing Meetings and Job Fairs at the same time.
Seeing the old time employees at the Dragon Games and Employee Benefit Meetings
call center environment
Customer Care (Current Employee), Kettering, OhioJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free services
Cons: very very stressful
If you need to be seated all day this is the place for you. and if you are SALES oriented this job is for you... however the stress level is very very high. Constant changes to proceedures as with most companies when they find a better or easier way to do the job...training has changed over the years but is still there and help is always available to those that need the help...
Fleet Market Manager, Carolinas (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Very well ran company. Management treats the employees as human beings and are very open door. Days can be long but very rewarding. Co-workers are very pleasant to be around. All around great place to work
good
Customer Service representatively (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: call center
Part time & full-ti
me positions available
Employed for 10 yrs 1990-2000 . I would like to return
One of the best places I have ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kettering OhioJanuary 18, 2015
Management cared about staff listened to ideas concerns. Great satisfaction with the work that I did and that I was able to help customers and grow as a person.

Co -workers were a good group of people and I enjoyed getting to know them. The hours were great for life/work balance.
excellent pay, good benefits
Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits, excellent pay
Cons: late hrs, commission based pay, to competitive for new people compared to experienced people
check updates on new technology and new deals, made sure I had all paper pens and other items to get thru shift. Helped customers with all they wanted to order that was right for their needs.
Excellent Company.
Tier3 Technical Support Rep (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Best company and work environment I have ever worked in. People are extremely helpful and the atmosphere is, everyone wants to be the best.

Great management team.

Having to write 40 words about something you can say in 10 words is terrible idea.
Time warner cable
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: company truck
Cons: on call rotation
going to a lot of changes with comcast right now its no a good environment to work in
Excellent facility
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: facility perks, insurance benefits
Cons: no fault attendance policy
Beautiful facility to work in, fitness room on site. Hour lunches to allow for errands and work out time.
good place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free cable
Cons: short breaks, horrible schedule
benefits are great, but supervising staff is not that great.

basic work day:

come in at schedule time. take calls non-stops until your first break. Calls consist of basic troubleshooting. cable tv, internet, and phone.

1 2 3 4 5

About Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. – Read more

Time Warner Cable Photos