Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,139 reviews matching the search
Very hard work with great benefits- Must be adaptable quickly
Regional Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 7, 2016
Very hard work with great benefits. Must be adaptable and have the ability to change quickly. This is a good company to work for, it could be a great company if they could identify and hire better candidates. TWC will hire just about anyone with any level of experience, and the training is sub-par for the complexity of the work. Rather than hire the best of the best, they hire by the dozen and allow the weak to weed themselves out.
If you can make it through the first year, you should be able to make a great career out of it.
There is very little opportunity to grow, as most of the desired positions are locked with veteran employees. But get your foot in the door and work hard and you can make good money with Great benefits
Great place, but barely any chance for advancement.
Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHDecember 30, 2015
Reviewing accounts, processing payments, and typical customer service was what I usually did. I also had to meet a sales quota and handle customer equipment. I learned a lot about building rapport with customers and it helped because customers used to come and request to speak with me instead of other representatives. Management was not great, but in my time there, they made a switch and the new upper management team reviewed all customer employees. They gave me along with a few other representatives an additional raise that our supervisors overlooked. Some of my co-workers relied on me too much since I finished my work quickly, but for the most part, they all handled their own work well. The hardest part about the job was meeting the quota since I was a floater and would be stuck in slow offices at times. The most enjoyable part was the pay and benefits.
I hate that I had to leave
Traffic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 15, 2016
This was the best job I ever had, due to family reasons I had to leave but everything was great. The workplace was fantastic, morale was high, they were getting ready to move into a new building so we were all cramped up into a closet but we had a really good time learning and helping each other. My manager and Supervisor were great and hated to see me go (or at least that's what they told me lol.) A typical work day was broken up with different deadlines so the work doesn't feel redundant. Friday's work was 3 work days full of work and it made the day go by faster. Working from home was wonderful on sick and snow days. The coworkers made the job enjoyable and we had different treats from time to time during meetings. They also offered free cable in the benefits and I received relocation assistance!
Pros
Positive workplace environment, fast work pace, fun and understanding management, free cable, great benefits, low turnaround
Cons
At the time we were working in a closet but they have moved since then so no cons
Fast paced, fun, challenging, rewarding place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day would be back to back calls from customers with billing or service issues. I learned to listen carefully to the customer, analyze the account & quickly evaluate the account and offer suggestions.
I learned to be extremely patient & align myself with the customer, ask the right questions for the situation, offer suggestions or make requested changes to the account.
Management was always very helpful and interested in the employees. Always got along with coworkers and worked together to resolve issues. The hardest part of the job was the 108 mile commute. The most enjoyable part was successfully assisting my customers to find the right solution.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long comute
Poor management, customer service, work life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TX 75019March 24, 2016
Manage service delivery orders. Work as a liasion with customers/field operations.Most days are full of regrets and apologies to customers for missed appointments. No worklife balance, micro managed environment, low pay and no incentives and promotion opportunties.Heavy use of time clock for disciplinary purposes. Not a nice place to work if you are career minded, customer focused with a family.
Pros
Good benefits, healthcare etc.
Cons
Micro management, no flexability, poor management and Low pay
Really enjoy working for Time Warner Cable
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Seneca, NY 14224February 20, 2016
I really enjoy working for Time Warner Cable, but it isn't my passion. My passion is programming and computers, and no matter what else I do, I always come back to it in some way, shape or form.

My typical day starts with any appointments I may have, then some office work and ensuring I have been properly credited for my sales that were installed, followed by contacting customers at their homes to talk to them about the exciting opportunities Time Warner Cable has to offer in television, internet, home phone and home security.

My co-workers and supervisors are great. Very team oriented atmosphere and a fun work environment. Hardest part of the job is being outside in adverse weather conditions(especially cold and rain). Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people on a daily basis and helping meet their needs better than their current provider and hopefully saving them money in the process as well.
Pros
work/life balance, flexible schedule, compensation, health benefits, 401K, pension
Cons
working outside in harsh conditions at times
Productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 28, 2016
excellent benefits, fast paced work environment and sometimes can really be fun to work at...The only negative aspect of the job is sometimes the customer may know of a change in their services or promotional offers before the employee so I would say that there is poor communication between management and the employees.
Pros
During big events and when we would have mandatory overtime they would provide lunch
Cons
The lack of communication betweem departments
It is a nice place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 2, 2016
On a typical day I would be on the phone for 8 hours talking about our packages and additional services that we offer and troubleshooting equipment. I learned patience and understanding with each customer that I assist. I work with a great team of individuals who are there with me to achieve the same goal and that is to supply great customer service. The hardest part would be assisting customer who call in already screaming at you, but I just remember that it is not me that there mad at, and to not take it personally. The second hardest part about the job is the rate increases and explaining to customers our new prices. The most enjoyable part of the jobs would be the benefits and pension and 401k and free services that the company offers to there employees.
Pros
Benefits and company incentives.
Cons
Rate increase.
Big Company with no Accountability
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  MaineNovember 28, 2015
Time Warner Cable is extremely lacking balance in being a profitable company while growing a satisfied consumer base, and on top of that are leaving a sour taste in employees' mouths with inconsistent processes and changes. Simply put the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, and when your employees and consumers can clearly see this, and the company turns a blind eye, there is something truly wrong with this company still being in business. This company is full of band aid temporary solutions and cover ups, but until the real issues are fixed, they will have bitter customers and employees will not remain loyal.
Pros
Benefits (health, vision, dental) 401k, Pension, Completely free cable services
Cons
Management, all processes in completing daily tasks, office politics, no consistency in job duties, poor training
Welcome to Time Warner
Cable Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 9, 2015
The benefits from this company are great which I think you will see echoed in other reviews. The employee services account and the free level of services being offered are great too. What you could expect working in a service technician role is a hard day's work. You are going to be bringing your hardhat literally. The shift schedule on a day to day basis is supposed to be long. You will often go over it or have to go through a lunch break on a fairly significant amount of days. The partnerships that you can a part of with Time Warner is the biggest thing that I enjoyed during my time there.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Account, Training Programs
Cons
Management, Favoritism, Biased or jaded supervisors, Micro-management, Dispatchers
Productivity
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2016
Handling inbound disconnect/downgrade calls from existing customers. Responsible for skillfully retaining customers through positive customer relationship building. Diffuse the irate customer situation by utilizing strong listening skills and probing techniques. Identify reason(s) for disconnect and overcome objections in an effort to retain the customer. Save and re-sell the value of our products and services by properly aligning their features, benefits and price with the needs of our customers. Adhere to productivity metrics to ensure all calls are handled in a timely and efficient manner
Compensation Analyst
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2016
TWC has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and to contribute in a meaningful way. My skill set and experience is appreciated. The team communicates well and works well together. This particular group has a great collaborative environment. I can't speak to any of the other roles at TWC, but I highly recommend the Compensation Department.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
I'm a contractor, so no benefits are included. I would welcome a full-time role.
retail sale rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  ohioJanuary 4, 2016
the new "r-pro" system that reps have to use with all customers is horrible. Customers come in to the office and you have to "build a house" to make sure they are getting the best value. This is just opening a can of worms, because customers just want to come in pay the bill and get a lower rate which is not most likely possible. Not to mention when there is a line to the door and customers have to wait 1/2 hour , they do not want to waste anymore time with the rep who is being nosey asking about what they pay other companies for their internet, phone and security . I personally don't think that is my business to be asking customers. Management will stand and observe you with customer and tell you what you did wrong,and then they want to role play with you. Management has no clue how to handle customers since they do not deal with the. I have been doing customer service for 21 years with Time Warner and am currently looking for a new place of employment due to the fact that management is horrible !
Pros
free service, good health benefits
Cons
management only cares about themselves
produtive in the workplace enjoyed my job
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 28, 2015
a t.ypical day at work give 100 percent everyday learned about new products and equipment management was a great help in helping me progress my co- workers were always there to help in and out the field when problems occurred the hardest part of the job was when you ran in to installations that wasn't done right from the start and you had to come in and redo them which really wasn't a problem .the most enjoyable part of my day was seeing a customer happy cause that was my number one goal is to please that customer
Pros
401k, commissions, retirement healthcare
Cons
not having the pros
Upbeat, energetic environment with great income potential
Senior Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 22, 2015
Time Warner Cable is an excellent company to work for, with a wide variety of positions to choose from. During my time there, I received the training and professional sales experience to work in almost any industry & developed a multitude of positive working relationships with upper management, coworkers and residential customers. The most difficult part of the job was sitting for long periods of time and working under extreme micro-management. The most enjoyable part of my job was problem solving and helping customers customize the services that best met their unique needs.
Pros
Excellent benefits/perks, upbeat atmosphere, earning potential
Cons
Upcoming acquisition by Charter Communications, mandatory overtime
Fun, relaxed, easy going job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. Push to meet performance goals and sales quotas but it definitely pays off well and you notice that in your paycheck. If you push yourself and do your job, it's very rewarding! I made top seller my last month there. I really enjoyed working here and wish that I didn't have to leave (moved out of state). it can get stressful at times but that's just part of the job of dealing with customers. I would honestly be upset for some of the issues they deal with too. Don't take it personally. Best job I ever had!
Pros
Performance bonuses, free services, own cubicle, excellent benefits
Cons
Sometimes stressful dealing with customers
Great job
Field Technician I (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 12, 2016
Field techs generally get promoted on their own pace. Its a great job, but they may have you working over an hour and a half from home. The one hour arrival time does suck, because even as you drive to your next job, it eats away at that time you have. Besides that, if you enjoy working alone and enjoy the pressure, this place is for you.
Pros
Promotion, benefits
Cons
Sometimes the time you get for a job isn't enough to complete
A good job to pay the bills
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2015
A typical workday would consist of logging into my PC, and answering the phones to assist customers with various technical issues involving phone, High speed data, modems, routers, and other connected devices. The hardest part would be managing upset or sometimes irate customers. The hours and work days were flexable enough for myself to be a full time employee and student at the same time. I had the option of five 8hr shifts, or four 10hr shifts, and was able to shorten my day by cutting my unpaid hour lunch in half, taking that 30 minutes off the beginning of my shift. Certain technical certifications would increase your pay by $1 per hour each. The benefits are amazing, 401k, medical/dental/vision, not to mention all services are free as long as you live in a servicable area. I eventually quit because sitting at a desk all day is just not for me, but I would jump at the chance to work for this company again, even if it meant another desk job.
Pros
flexable schedules, great benefits
Cons
Angry Customers
Great Benefits and Compensation... but...
Retail Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 22, 2016
Fantastic benefits and compensation. Commissions are great along with what they give you. It is just not enough to deal with the Verbal abuse from customers everyday. I loved my co-workers, and management clearly never sold a day in there lives at TWC. The expectation of how much you should be selling was a little on the unrealistic side.
Pros
Commission, free cable
Cons
Verbal Abuse
Dsyfunctional Sales Culture
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 13, 2015
I really can't say many positive things about the working environment for this company, with the exception of the training programs and benefits. The Sales culture is very cut-throat, unethical, and very political. I found many in the sales department, including management, to be conniving and back stabbing. Management is not very supportive or motivational when it came to sales account resolution and account protection. Sales reps would openly steal accounts and take credit for orders that someone else would bring to the company. Management would just look the other way. Not a healthy working environment at all for sales, perhaps other departments are not this dysfunctional, not sure.