Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,435 reviews matching the search
Time warner cable call center
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
The typical day at Time Warner Cable consisted of taking at least 80-100 calls per day. I learned that you can be efficient and productive at the same time. Time warner promoted internally prior to external' therefore, my co workers were always opting out for other positions to give the call center environment a rest.

The management team was awesome, because they were always available via phone or online chats.

The hardest part of my job doing troubleshooting with a customer that was tech savvy.

The more enjoyable part of my job was selling, additional services to existing, and new customers, and explaining the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
The call center environment wasn't for me.
Very inconsistent
Payment services (Current Employee) –  ConvergentJuly 26, 2016
They base your pay off call quality but all Sup's tell you different things on how to pass call quality. Rules change up every week and most times without notification but will be quick to write you up. The bonus is great but like I said if you breath too hard on the phone you get points taken off your pay. They try and force you to do overtime and they you get in trouble for transferring calls to right the right dept even though customers choose a specific dept to speak with and the hourly pay is so not worth the stress!!!
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Pretty much everything but the bonuses
Love the job not the department
Payment services (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2016
I'll start by saying 2 years of hard work and effort gone down the drain! Turned in my resignation and not one manager or supervisor even questioned why. My mind was made up but I atleast wanted to say why. The management in this department was so unprofessional that all I got was thanks enjoy your life in those exact words. The manager had snuck out the door said nothing to me for two weeks. I finished my shift and left. That's how TWC thanks you for coming to work!
Benefits
Cons
Managers play favorites and are unprofessional
Productive and fun
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Time Warner Cable. The work enviroment was very fast paced. I handled an average of 200 to 300 customer accounts daily. Sales goals were expected to be met at the end of each fical month. Although the enviroment was faced paced the work atmosphere was extremely friendly. I had an amazing managament team and I worked along side a great group of people. As co-workers we helped one another.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
High Sales expectations
Now that its Chater, it's not a good place to be for the long haul
Network Architect (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2016
It's one of those companies that rules with an iron fist. Unless you're connected through any means possible, even if you have to lie and cheat over deceive your coworkers to get to the top, there's absolutely no chance of advancements. While the rest of the world is advancing forward with new technology, this company has a new idea of rolling the clock back with no casual clothing, no flexible work arrangement, and certainly no contest for being asked to work day and also support work at nights and weekends without questions asked.
Pros
Free cable (for now)
Cons
Too many
Lots of Incentives, Special Lunches and great Training.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 28, 2016
A very busy day but was worth it. Worked around and for a wonderful group of Co-workers, Managers, and Customers. I learned how trouble to be able to help the Elderly on a regular basis. I took the time to actually here the concerns and needs of the customers in order that I made their needs and enjoyed hearing a customer say to me that I am Angel or I am a Miracle, and participate in friendly competition. I really enjoyed working for Time Warner Cable, we were a family.
Fun Team activities, Potluck, and diverse!
Order Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2016
During the five years, I worked with Time Warner Cable; I learned how to manage customer's accounts promptly and made use of my time wisely. I also assisted management with special projects, which allowed me to deal with escalations/expedites, as well as assisting with the handling of supervisor calls. I got along very well with my team, everyone seemed to be enthusiastic and always willing to help each other.
Pros
Incentives-free lunch/giftcards
Cons
Micromanaging
Productive company with advancement opportunites.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 12, 2016
Management here is open and approachable. They truly have an open door attitude. There is plenty of room for advancement if you want to and work hard for it. It is a fun working environment with incentives and rewards for hard work and performance. They offer PTO and Paid vacations as well as wonderful benefits and wellness opportunities. They also strive to have family activities and volunteer opportunities.
Pros
paid time off, shift swaps, recognition
Cons
long days, must work part of the weekend for most shifts
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 9, 2016
the training was above standard and enjoyed it very much. they prepare you for the live calls by doing many mock calls and workshops. you are thrust into meeting new people and interacting with them from day one. I have made many friends from there that I stay in contact with yet today.Would love to work for them again.
Pros
lots of ways to win prizes like days off, electronic items, and tickets
Cons
bidding for shifts, sales criteria working overtime due to long calls
Laid back and loud workplace
Customer Service Rep/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work consists of alot of people chit chatting while customers are on hold for help and non professional. I've learned that in order to be taken serious you need to actually use the "open door policy" to tell your boss your there to stay. Management changes rules to make life easier for themselves or to better their pockets. A handful of employees will actually show up to take care of their job properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is to feel the satisfaction of making a customers' day by relating to them and giving great customer service.
Pros
Rewarded for hitting high numbers
Cons
Written up for not hitting numbers
Productive and fun enviroment
Advertising, Marketing, Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
Hard working people with grate personalities. Since I have been at Time Warner Cable I have had the unique opportunity to work with different levels of management Sr. Managers, Directors, VP and GVP. I have leaned different aspects of advertising from branding, digital, direct mail, online and partnerships.

I have never said or thought that my job has been hard. I always put my best work forward no matter what the project or task is. The people I have worked with over the years make this job enjoyable. I can honestly say especially my personal team make work feel like a second home.
Pros
Unlimited water and tea
Cons
I hate when the printer goes down
Productive and interesting work environment full of adventure.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work was always an adventure, because you never knew what to expect.I learned how to come out my shell through all the customer contact that I made on the daily basis. Management usually were supportive of us technicians, and had faith in us, because we managed our own time. My co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of the job was predicting how a route was going to go. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was like my own boss in the field.
Overall
Inside Sales Retention (Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2016
Pretty basic call center environment dealing with irate customers with request of reducing services, transferring service, or totally disconnecting service I have learned to be more personable with customer learning why they are requesting what they are requesting and learning to make sense of whatever that it is that i suggest to the customer management was very tight knit gave you every tool you will need to become successful co workers were very friendly most enjoyable part was you know just overall being successful at what was taught to you.
Relaxed environment for high stress job.
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2016
Overall work environment is very pleasant , pay is great and health benefits were good. Typical day could be very stressful as you wear many hats in retention. The changing or rotating of supervisors happens on average about every 3 months and found out the sups can keep the big money makers and trade off the rest. Not that I was bringing in peanuts they just like to keep the long time employees on their teams.
Pros
Mounted TV's with cable and music
Cons
Change supervisors too much
Great workplace to network with many peolpe
Tech Ops Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
This is a great job leading to a career where you will repeatedly bump into the same people across companies. Many Time Warner employees come from other cable providers. Good place to stay if you have no plans on advancing to a higher level. The progression system is nearly impossible to accomplish and the base pay is very minimal for such a massive expected workload.
Pros
Tips, freedom, great perks including discounts on almost everything.
Cons
Difficult scheduling.
TWC (Things Will Change)
Concierge Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10034June 21, 2016
Management is given suggestions but never can act on them. We can't offer the customers a better offer than the competitors. A lot of turn-around and changes all the time hence the nickname in the subject. It feels as if there is no stability, structure, or promise in this company. There is always a contradiction.
Pros
Free cable, 401k, benefits
Cons
micro-managing, not being able to give customers a better offer than the competition
Good company to work for.
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 14, 2016
Good company overall. I enjoyed the fact that we had off Sunday's and were out by 9pm most days. They were always showing employee appreciation there which was nice since you don't always get that. The benefits were great. Job security was not always there with the required sales quota. Some couldn't make the sale and were terminated for it even though their title was billing rep not sales rep... Other than that it was fairly decent nice co-workers, some supervisors were big headed but what place doesn't have some like that.
Pros
Good benefits and company overall
Cons
having a sales quota in a department that isn't sales.
fun environment
Concierge Relationship Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NYJune 11, 2016
My typical day consist of meeting and greeting current and hopefully future customers while doing lobby demos,I enjoy conversing with my customers while dealing with positive and negative objections I will get in touch with co workers and mgmt to seek additional information getting positive feedback, the most enjoyable thing about my job is dealing with the public.
Pros
enjoyable meeting different people staying positive
Cons
negativity from co workers
Friendly Environment
Procurement Analyst/Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 17, 2016
-Typical day - Busy with managing over 100 circuits.
-I learned that busy is a good thing.
-Co-workers are great and friendly, we work in a team player environment

The hard part of the job is when the vendor (third parties) are beating around the bush.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you completed the implementation of circuits.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
spend over 40hrs on job without OT
Very Good Company
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2016
Can be strenuous and stressful, but pays off if you put the work in. Top reps made over 100k a year.
Hardest part of the job was constant meetings and the expected number of sales and keeping up with all of your customers.
Best part of it is guarenteed pay with a 20k base salary, and very good commission pay with three weeks of paid vacation
Pros
Money, Independant
Cons
Constant meetings, Expect to stress with expected sales