Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews

Found 3,582 reviews matching the search
before charter came .... Time Warner was Great!
High Speed Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 1, 2016
they just don't know how to run a call center I'm sorry, the Management lacks the knowledge. as a representative we had to assist with issues related to internet and connections either port forwarding or simply enabling the wifi on a device with a 90 year old woman either way the managers knew nothing of the specifics on how to assist us assist the customers and that lead to unrealistic numbers to met while they were limiting our means of troubleshooting.
Pros
great coworkers and atmosphere always fun and engaging.
Cons
merger, management, scheduling, lack of knowledgeable management.
Attached to the Phone
Customer Service, Technical Support, and Sales (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2016
I would not pursue if you are someone that drinks any regular amount of liquids because your job security is based on how often you are not available for calls... Thus if you have a small bladder or are on any meds that require frequent bathroom breaks, this is not the job for you. The company gives bonuses for sales and Customer Satisfaction, but not like a real sales job you provide you with commission checks. You can have a better work experience based on your manager, and they vary greatly.
Pros
Free cable if you live in the area.
Cons
Very stressful work environment.
Not the company it use to be.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenpoint, NYSeptember 14, 2016
When started the company had a bright future ahead then like any other corporations changes happen and wrong choices made. Lots of the senior tech left willingly, which left the company with lots of new techs in the field with no experience. Management now don't even have cable experience, so is hard to explain the job to someone that doesn't know anything about the job.
Pros
Union job.
Cons
No good manament left. Everyone is solo, doing the're own thing.
People Person and a Fast Learner
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHAugust 27, 2016
In past years I have become more efficient in many different computer programs. With the fast past world and changing our company done I would have to be able to learn something quickly and different as soon as it was handed to me. My co-workers became friends and family to me. I enjoy people and love to have a bubbly personality. I enjoy working with crowd and public and always enjoy changes.
Pros
Fast learner, self effecient, hands on
not bad once your settled
Field Tech 4 (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 6, 2016
tough at first. going in not knowing how cable works can have you chasing your tale for first year. but take your classes and tests and get a two dollar raise for every tech level. it all about metrics. you have to maintain your numbers which they make harder and harder to meet. the more people meet the metrics, the higher they raise the standard and the harder it is to maintain.
Pros
goo perks and benefits room to advance
Cons
favoritism, the learning stage, not knowing when you getting out.
Very interesting
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 10, 2016
This was my first job and I got this job though a class I took in school , Career Based Interventions. this job was very good for me because I could do this during school hours. the pay was alright considering I was only about 15 when I worked here. my mentor was very nice and very passionate about this job. I also found it very fun because I got to record school events and edit them. we placed them on channel 15 for all the parents and Springfield residents to watch. the hardest part would have probably been the editing or even the recording because you had to stand out in the weather for most of the events,
Pros
During School Hours
Cons
Time consuming
Productive Workplace with high growth
NOC Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work can be very chaotic depending on if a network event happens. I have learned many different systems and programs since starting. Management is very hard working and always there if you have any questions and can guide for career progression. Co-workers are easy to get along with and willing to help. Hardest part about the job it is very fast paced and you will need to think on your feet and very quickly. The most enjoyable part is the action that comes from interacting with different customers and ISP's during network events.
Pros
Benefits healthcare
Cons
Very Demanding Job
Productive days
Retail Partner Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 8, 2016
My job responsibilities are to create new relationships and build networking opportunities on a daily basis. Approaching customer, asking questions to find their needs and providing the perfect solution. The most enjoyable part of my job is challenging myself to go out and build those new customer relations, seeing the smile on their face once they know they came across the best account executive.
Pros
Unlimited commission
Cons
No growth in the company
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 27, 2016
TWC fosters a diverse and inclusive culture, they encourage employees to give generously of their time and expertise to a wide range of worthy organizations. We work hard however, you are handsomely rewarded for your diligence and dedication which inspires creativity, innovation, and high performing teams.
Pros
Diverse and Inclusive culture, 12 hours of paid time annually to volunteer during working hours, casual attire and good salaries
Cons
Acquired by Charter Communications
Great building culture
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 28, 2016
Overall management is great, Time Warner Cable has built a great culture for their employees to, learn, grow and advance within their company. Being a Customer Service Professional entailed working with the general public about various issues including, billing and general troubleshooting of TV, internet and home phone. Call center life isn't for everyone, so turnover is higher, but the employees are always supportive and helpful.
Pros
Heavily discounted cable services, great, supportive management
Cons
Call center jobs can be slightly stressful and isn't for everybody
A good company with great benefits.
Advanced Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 24, 2016
Time Warner Cable has some fantastic people working for it, the environment is typically fun and enjoyable. They are quick to adopt new technology and implementation is fairy smooth with few if any issues. As with any company, management can be a delight or a nightmare depending on whom your under. Mostly, they tend to micromanage a little too much and have issues trusting their agents to do their job in the most effective manner. Overall a good company to work for with fantastic benefits and competitive pay.
Not many cons
CTOC Surveillance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Time Warner Cable is a world of opportunity and growth, Having been employed at Time Warner Cable I have been introduced to internal and external customer patterns and behaviors. I was driven to learn and adapt in fast paced work environment. I am proud to be an employee at Time Warner and would like to use my experience to assist other companies.
Pros
Growth and experience
Cons
All depends on the department due to scheduling for business needs
It Depends on the department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 23, 2016
The atmosphere depends on the department. Some can be great and some can be quite unbearable. I spent my time in the call center and it was unpleasant. It was numbers driven and not conducive to a happy place. The ambulance has made more than one trip to that location. The company's got a new face , Spectrum. so maybe it has gotten better.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Numbers can make or break you and are sometimes counterintuitive
Somehwat stressful workplace
Help assist customers (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NY 13057August 19, 2016
A typical day at work consists of preparing your computer and being on the phones. I have learned a lot and my coworkers are the best part of my job. The hardest part of my job is that things are always changing and it is very hard to get help when needed. It is also discouraging that people are very expendable here which makes people feel unimportant and fearful, especially people who do not deserve to. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers & some of my customers.
Pros
you can win things and sometimes we get free lunch
Cons
people treated unfairly
Great company to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 19, 2016
Management and supervisors are involved with employees to ensure their success. Teamwork environment. A lot of incentives to motivate employees. It's a longer work day, 9 hrs, but you get 1 hr lunch. I'm currently seeking employment because it's not a good fit for me. The technical aspect of the job, troubleshooting equipment, is not for me. I am very grateful for the opportunity they have given me but in the long run I would thrive better in a career providing medical support services and benefit my employer more as well.
Pros
Decent pay. Incentives; prizes (like flat screen tv's), free lunches, you get free services; cable, phone, and internet.
Cons
Schedule B shift and it's a call center fluctuates.
Great place to start a career
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 18, 2016
As corporations buy out others, policies change and management get scared and think they will be punished for not exceeding max sales in order to remain employed, thus making life harder on every frontline employee. As these fictous fears become reality, they lash out at each other and create social barriers between their local company to improve productivity. This is what happens when the enterprise becomes competitive instead of casual, creating war between two. If these factors didn't exist and pay was shared equally and as fairly as possible we would last forever
Pros
Its fun at first
Cons
It gets old fast
Cable Technician
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
I would normally come into the shop and sign in and get my equipment ready for the day.
I learned a lot more about cable installing and troubleshooting.
My coworkers were very helpful and assisted me whenever I needed.
The hardest part of the job was probably getting there everyday. My location is not close to my house which makes it hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people. Especially people that are not tech savvy or just afraid to deal with electronics. To be able to solve there problem and teach them something at the same time is wonderful.
Pros
Discount Cable
Cons
short breaks - not much vacation or personal time
Lack of caring about employees
Field Technician 3 (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 9, 2016
When i gave my resignation when i knew i was going to be relocating to Tennessee i was do 3 gift cards from working volunteer overtime days and were denied them because I resigned. The overtime was worked way before I ever thought about moving. This is a practice that TWC is acustom to. I worked for them several years ago and they haven't changed. They will and do take every oppurtunity to get over on employees.
Cons
it's a numbers game if you don't have good numbers good luck trying to advance
Productive Environment/Opportunity for Advancement
Payment Services (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 26, 2016
TWC is a great company to work for. I have been in several positions within the company. You always have opportunity for advancement even if it is not directly associated with the work you currently do, training is available. Management tend to go by numbers (quantity vs quality) In most cases quality is a major factor. There is no real hard work with this job or anything it entails.I enjoy the fact that you always can learn more with the way the job flows. I have learned since working here for almost 9 years that you have to separate your outside activities from work. Co-workers can be good and bad depending on your choosing. A positive strong family environment is what makes the day go by smoothly.
Productive and solid company with great products
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 13, 2016
A typical day at Time Warner was to gather the sales reps in the morning, which were 7 to 9 reps, provide them a daily game plan based on their zip codes, monitor activity, and then coach to activity. We then would recap on their day to see how they measured to their activity goals.

I learned how to manage, coach, and grow outside sales reps.
Pros
Free Cable, great benefits, great products, and fun place to work.