Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,426 reviews matching the search
Not what I thought it would be
Level 1 Tech Support / Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJuly 25, 2016
On a typical day I provided tech support to customers and techs in the field as well as customer service and account information. During my time there I really learned how to deal with difficult customers and situations due to the nature and atmosphere of the job. In my opinion the management definitely left something to be desired......they were either micro-managing unnecessarily or unable to manage or provide answers to questions to the people that were on their team. I didn't have any problems with the co-workers. The hardest or should I say the most frustrating part of the job to me was achieving the advancement that I was looking for. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to share the knowledge and experience that I'd gained during my tenure with the company to assist co-workers and customers in resolving their technical and account issues.
Pros
Discounted services
Cons
Unable to advance
Dispatcher 4 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2016
I started as a dispatcher for TWC back in november of 2015. The career progression is great. As long as you apply yourself and show your sup that you are pushing as hard as you can. Your progression will follow. I've gone from 13.00 to 18.00 in less that a year. So if you can dedicate yourself, then the rewards will follow.
Pros
VERY active teamwork. Not working in the heat.
Cons
VERY heavy call volume at times.
Entertaining environment
Inside Sales-Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 22, 2016
Training is hands on so you learn a lot if you apply yourself. Work closely with your sales coaches and learn the products.
Pros
Can earn extra prizes for sales days
Cons
Being yelled at by customers all day
Love the job not the department
Payment services (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2016
I'll start by saying 2 years of hard work and effort gone down the drain! Turned in my resignation and not one manager or supervisor even questioned why. My mind was made up but I atleast wanted to say why. The management in this department was so unprofessional that all I got was thanks enjoy your life in those exact words. The manager had snuck out the door said nothing to me for two weeks. I finished my shift and left. That's how TWC thanks you for coming to work!
Benefits
Cons
Managers play favorites and are unprofessional
Productive Fun working place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2016
Was a good experience for customer service
Was a nice Environment to be in
Learned a lot of customer care skills
Enjoyed working with my coworkers
n/a
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 21, 2016
Does not invest in employees i have worked here over 3 years on phones with the highest degree and yet every position applied to i have not been approves for. So if your looking to grow within your profession you may want to reconsider but great job for customer service and several other potions.
Great modern office and technology
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 21, 2016
A good place to work in media sales. Good training and lots of good products to sell for TV and Digital. Great downtown setting and staff.
Good Company
SALES MANAGER/SALES TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2016
A lot of good talent, would like to have seen career pathing more from this company. Work life balance could be better, the company is under new management which seems to be a step in the right direction.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Career Advancement
It's ok
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2016
My teammates are really nice people, but after charter merger everything begin to go downhill. My project got cut so I have to find another job...
was there for my family
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2016
I saw some flaws in the company but it's not my way to bad mouth a company that can't defend themselves in front of me. I won't ever apply for this company ever again.

Want to know more about Time Warner Cable?

Ask a question
I loved working for TWC
Technical agent (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJuly 19, 2016
The company as a whole was great. Great benefits and employees, the hours were there and the growth opportunity as well but the commissions sales base part was a little excessive
Pros
Benefits insurance cable
Cons
Commision sales
Productive and interesting work environment full of adventure.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work was always an adventure, because you never knew what to expect.I learned how to come out my shell through all the customer contact that I made on the daily basis. Management usually were supportive of us technicians, and had faith in us, because we managed our own time. My co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of the job was predicting how a route was going to go. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was like my own boss in the field.
Time warner cable call center
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
The typical day at Time Warner Cable consisted of taking at least 80-100 calls per day. I learned that you can be efficient and productive at the same time. Time warner promoted internally prior to external' therefore, my co workers were always opting out for other positions to give the call center environment a rest.

The management team was awesome, because they were always available via phone or online chats.

The hardest part of my job doing troubleshooting with a customer that was tech savvy.

The more enjoyable part of my job was selling, additional services to existing, and new customers, and explaining the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
The call center environment wasn't for me.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 18, 2016
The job is okay but it seems like the management picks and chooses their favorites. Certain people can get away with something but if someone they do not like does the same thing then the consequences are different.
Pros
Cons
Attendence
Very Good Company
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2016
Can be strenuous and stressful, but pays off if you put the work in. Top reps made over 100k a year.
Hardest part of the job was constant meetings and the expected number of sales and keeping up with all of your customers.
Best part of it is guarenteed pay with a 20k base salary, and very good commission pay with three weeks of paid vacation
Pros
Money, Independant
Cons
Constant meetings, Expect to stress with expected sales
Great call center to work in
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2016
Very professional work space. I can honestly say that it was by far the best call center related environment that I have ever worked for. Good performers also earn sales and performance commission as well as annual performance based raises.
Pros
healthcare, performance incentives
Cons
limited choice on working hours on shifts
Fun place to work self pace
DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2016
Data entry for migration project. Learned a lot about the behind the scenes effort to keep customers and make the transition as easy and care free as possible
Pros
Hr lunch and self paced work
Cons
temp position only
customer service
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 17, 2016
Provided outstanding customer service to callers regarding their services such as home security, cable, internet, and home phone.
Not at all what you're reading in the reviews
Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2016
This would be the third time this company has started a new direct sales department. They contracted it out the last time. I wasted 10 years of my life with this company and know it inside and out. Why did I stay 10 years? Because of empty promises and the need for an income until one day I my supervisor would not allow me to do my job and fix a customers problem. Sounds silly but this was a growing trend of needing help and not receiving it and when you run behind you get a phone call every 20 minutes rushing you. Supervisors tell you to call them and they will get you help or arrange for someone to come pickup where you left off so you can make your next time frame but never actually do it. Mentor Techs that hang up on you. Managers that promote from within their religion or church. This company restructures about every couple of months. All company policies can be interpreted to fit any situation. The only people who go anywhere within this company are brown nosers. Management and supervision is corrupt at local level. Commission structure is changeable at a moments notice. If you're looking to actually work your way through the ranks and have a stable source of income, then this is not the job for you. I know because I worked for them and I was not in direct sales. I was not in sales at all. They have a very high turn over rate due to continuously stressing their employees to the point of heat exhaustion and fatigue. You will not receive any support from the management or supervisors no matter how outstanding your metrics are. By the way, this company hammers metrics. Their  more... management and supervisors receive a substantial bonus when they are met on a monthly basis. They don't get their pot of gold, they get very upset. Customer Satisfaction Survery are to be kept as high as possible ( we all know that is impossible ). Management and supervision has been trained to keep employees organizing to become union. Their OSHA safety standards are subpar. Only what they need to be compliant. They do not care about your family. If I saw this review 9 years ago, then I would probably tell you all the reviews are true. But, I would go so far to say that maybe 50% are real now. They are not afraid of fudging numbers, including your metrics.  less
Technical Super Customer Care Administration
Maintenance Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2016
Good Job Opportunity,Lot of work, fun sometimes Multi-tusk job, heavy incoming calls Customer service daily duties, technical support 24/7 etc
Pros
Stressful some times But is fine withme
Cons
Plenty of incoming calls 150 daily per person