Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,346 reviews matching the search
Time Warner Cable
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 25, 2016
Great benefits but like any call center the work is hard because cable services are a luxury item. If you are an experienced sales person then this is not the position for you because they molly coddle you, play loud music and withhold your stats,
Pros
great benefits
Cons
cant choose your shift or trade
Exciting Product Development Team in Mega-Corporation
Sr. Manager of Sales Development (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 24, 2016
These past five years in product development have been some of the most exciting in my career. Enhanced by a fantastic and lean team, the challenge of launching partnerships and products in a multi-billion dollar organization has been a true highlight.
fun atmosphere
Post and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2016
Very fun place to work. I am in charge of over seeing the cleaning crew at night .I make sure the building is ready for the next event . I employee over 80 people . We are a seasonal job.
Good work environment with good support and great benefits.
NOC Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2016
I have enjoyed this job. I have learned the inner workings of network devices. I have great co-workers and leadership. The hours are long and sometimes the work has its tedium but I have learned a great deal.
Senior Commission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 24, 2016
I have been with TWC/Charter for 10 years and it has been a great place to work. My department treats me well and the company culture affords many opportunities such as paid volunteer hours.
Constantly on the go.
Direct Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 22, 2016
A typical day is checking emails and planning where you will go and knock your addresses for the day. Sell customers cable, internet, phone, and security systems. I see co-workers once a week at meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday it can also be the hardest because you never know who is behind the door.
Pros
benefits and potential for high commissions
Cons
limited marketing materials
Great workplace to network with many peolpe
Tech Ops Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2016
This is a great job leading to a career where you will repeatedly bump into the same people across companies. Many Time Warner employees come from other cable providers. Good place to stay if you have no plans on advancing to a higher level. The progression system is nearly impossible to accomplish and the base pay is very minimal for such a massive expected workload.
Pros
Tips, freedom, great perks including discounts on almost everything.
Cons
Difficult scheduling.
TWC (Things Will Change)
Concierge Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10034June 21, 2016
Management is given suggestions but never can act on them. We can't offer the customers a better offer than the competitors. A lot of turn-around and changes all the time hence the nickname in the subject. It feels as if there is no stability, structure, or promise in this company. There is always a contradiction.
Pros
Free cable, 401k, benefits
Cons
micro-managing, not being able to give customers a better offer than the competition
Relaxed environment for high stress job.
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2016
Overall work environment is very pleasant , pay is great and health benefits were good. Typical day could be very stressful as you wear many hats in retention. The changing or rotating of supervisors happens on average about every 3 months and found out the sups can keep the big money makers and trade off the rest. Not that I was bringing in peanuts they just like to keep the long time employees on their teams.
Pros
Mounted TV's with cable and music
Cons
Change supervisors too much
Nice people
Project Manager and Estimator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 21, 2016
Excellent People in telecommunications , the salary was well below industry. moreover to many clicks internally that held up progress, TWC is finally Charter and no room for I hope the culture stays the same.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Poor Communications
Love solving customer problems
Senior Service Technician, Mentor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 21, 2016
There is something about fixing problems that no one else can fix that somehow makes this job rewarding to me.
Pros
Not a desk job
Cons
To much un-needed work to do in a day.
Weekends and nights available to work and open 24 hours of the days
Inbound Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 20, 2016
Great place to work with a chance to upsell and create more money for yourself. They had overnight shifts and weekend shifts. Very flexible schedule and shift bids based of seniority.
Pros
Nights and weekends available
Cons
Less pay
Great place for benefits and work/life balance.
Senior Manager Business Development (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 20, 2016
Annual goals driven by all management.
We did a great job to change the perception of Time Warner Cable.
I was part of building out the largest public WiFi network.
Great Benefits
Account Executive/DSR (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 18, 2016
Over all great company. Change is coming with Charter so not really worth the time to talk about TWC. Great benefits, lot of time off. Free services.
Technician 3
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn nyJune 18, 2016
Company sucks management sucks revolving door for most successful you will not like trust me no raise if you're not making impossible metric numbers supervision watch TV allday and have terrible attitudes dispatch has attitudes customers have attitudes and you are supposed to maintain got attitude place sucks forreal
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Short breaks everything else
Time Warner Cable
Executive Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 18, 2016
Great place to work when it was owned by Time Warner Cable. Great work life balance. Great Benefits, Great pay.
Treats sales people like trash.
Direct Sales and Markeing Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville KYJune 17, 2016
TWC no longer cares to pay sales properly for referral business and constantly changes the rules. There is no even playing field.
Friendly Environment
Procurement Analyst/Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 17, 2016
-Typical day - Busy with managing over 100 circuits.
-I learned that busy is a good thing.
-Co-workers are great and friendly, we work in a team player environment

The hard part of the job is when the vendor (third parties) are beating around the bush.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you completed the implementation of circuits.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
spend over 40hrs on job without OT
Austin center lacks stability and structure
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
No consistency. Huge turnover. Management has varied definitions of integrity, policies are not clear across the board and that made it difficult to thrive as a company.
TimeWarner Cable
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 14, 2016
TWC was just acquired by Charter Communications. They will be closing the Herndon office and asking employees to relocate.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Purchased by Charter