Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,431 reviews matching the search
Good place to work and advance
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2015
Typical day - canvass for new logos in assigned buildings and territories.

Learned about how the telecom industry works.

Management was fair.

co-workers were good to work with and competitive

Most lit buildings were assigned to existing reps so had to go outside the box to look for new logos to sell to.
Pros
Good place to learn about telecom
Cons
Compensation was on the low end
Challenging but rewarding environment
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2015
Time Warner Cable (TWC) gave me a great opportunity to grow professionally. Most of my career at TWC I was free to build and drive a sales force with minimal supervision but with responsibility to meet goals. At one point I was responsible for 98 positions in southern California which included multiple sales teams, multiple management levels and an administrative staff that supported these teams as well as production of commission payroll on a bi-monthly basis.
Additionally, I was included in meetings with division senior staff and had input on strategic decisions. I was tasked with cross departmental projects and responsibilities that required building strong relationships to meet company goals. This became the most rewarding part of my career.
Pros
Opportunitiy to make decisions on direction of projects.
Cons
Company centralized accross U.S. with all decisions being made at corporate level.
worst part is no support from the management
Field Service Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 21, 2016
the benefits were great but offten id get stuck on a very large job and get no help i would call my sup several times and be told every one is buisy no one can help then the next day hear from some one else that they sat with nothing to do then a week later id be sitting with little to do and call my sups and be told no one needs help then the next day some one else would tell me about some large job they had that i could have helped them on but with over 60 people in my tech group its hard to call every one my self but if they are calling and i am calling you would thing the supps would pair us up

then there are the clients they absolutely hate the company and do not hesitate to take it out on the in home tech group i have had knives guns and even shot guns waved in my face and been threatened with large dogs not a good environment to work in
Pros
great benefits
Cons
violent clientele and unsupportive supervisors
good benefits, strict on attendance, good pay
Call Center Supervisor - Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 31, 2015
The company provided solid management. Excellent benefits. Good leadership and provided direction for growth. The culture was one of family. A days work was structured and strict. Attendance was priority and manning the phones was a strict requirement. They did not pound numbers but they watched activity. Though the company was strict and was obsessed with good attendance they rewarded talent very well in their pay structure.
A horrible place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 28, 2016
I have worked for time Warner Cable from 2007 until 2012, and I have to say this is the absolute worst place to work! The worst job I've ever had. First, let me start by saying that they have excellent health insurance and benefits. That is it. This company expects you to give everything you have and gives nothing in return. The company is badly mismanaged and the employee gets treated with no respect. I started as a customer service representative and then they pull the rug out from under you. Next thing, you're being forced to sell their products, meet rediculously high sales quotas, perform technical support duties, act as a retention agent, all without any increase in pay or lose your job! If a customer is abusive, you can not release the call. You just have to put up with nastiness. Verizon allows you to warn the caller that you can release the call if they are being insulting or verbally abusive. Management is verbally abusive too. They expect long hours, short breaks, and the pay is awful for the abuse you have to endure. All the time I worked hard there, I left with only a 2 dollar and hour inceease in pay. They dont reward hard work! I wouldn't encourage anyone to apply for a job here! They laid off hundreds of people, top executives included! I enjoyed a job at a SUPERMARKET after I got laid off more than time Warner Cable! Apply or take this job at your own risk! Take it from someone who's given 6 years of their life. No one should have to put up with this!
Pros
Health insurance and dental
Cons
Everything else!
A good company to start a career
Top sales (Current Employee) –  Woodside, NYMarch 17, 2016
Time Warner Cable is a great company to learn and build a career with. Their direct sales department is built to bring in incremental business and is focused on direct to consumer via personalized face to face experiences. They had a great compensation plan that paid well on bundled products.
Pros
Free Cable
Cons
Limited territory
NOC environment
Transport Maintenance Network Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 4, 2016
before the Level 3 acquisition we were a smaller company with great teammates and stable work environment.

see my previews review, I've been with the same company since 2000.
Pros
stable work schedule, salary and benefits
Cons
frequent management changes
productive work place
Greeter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2015
Temporary position held for 3 months but my boss extended me to another 6 months. Everyday at work was always a good for me meeting and greeting and putting on a welcoming smile on customers faces. I've learn to always greet a customer nice and appropriate whereas i should always be polite and to always put my customers first. The management service was excellent, he was always there in times of need wether it is for the customers or employees. My co-workers and i get along pretty much everyone but they can be sensitive to other coworkers and slow at doing their task. The hardest part was never with my work it was a very fast pace environment but as for me the hardest part would be my last day of work where i had to leave everyone i've met, no one wanted me to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job is when its fast, getting frequent customers and being able to meet and greet them before anyone else does and ensure that they got the service they wanted while thanking them for doing business with us.
Pros
promotions ad
Cons
no seats available
Great management with great work environment
Sr. Enterprise Voice Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 30, 2016
• Provide a technical point in troubleshooting for Telephony issues/events/outages
• Access and maintain all Avaya PBX's
• Install and provide support for Avaya One-X as needed
• Provide administrative bridge management and oversight during network events/outages
• Assign, reset and provide support for all voice mail related issues in both Modular messaging and the Ex-change Server.
• Work with limited supervision (sometimes independently) while providing clear, documented activities to include customer or technical issues

My co workers are the best I could ask for. They are very helpful and easy going people, but at the same time we are all very driven to getting tasks done by deadlines if not earlier.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lower pay than most companies
Upbeat, energetic environment with great income potential
Senior Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 22, 2015
Time Warner Cable is an excellent company to work for, with a wide variety of positions to choose from. During my time there, I received the training and professional sales experience to work in almost any industry & developed a multitude of positive working relationships with upper management, coworkers and residential customers. The most difficult part of the job was sitting for long periods of time and working under extreme micro-management. The most enjoyable part of my job was problem solving and helping customers customize the services that best met their unique needs.
Pros
Excellent benefits/perks, upbeat atmosphere, earning potential
Cons
Upcoming acquisition by Charter Communications, mandatory overtime
great place to work alway had fun
CQE Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
helping customers with their needs of cable, internet and phone service

how to stay friendly and helpful even when being yelled at from customers about their service

management always there to support you in any needs or to help you with a career path.

co-works are like family.

getting yelled at by customers

knowing I helped resolve a issue on the first call..
Pros
bouns checks
Bought out
Optical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte,NCApril 5, 2016
Charter is coming and everyone is going out. Technical group has been moved to Denver,CO. The management group is a little over zealous of its capability. A greater portion of its management micro manages everything that it can.
Pros
Bonus plan
Cons
No advancement
The new factory workplace is call center work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Time Warner Cable, is a great company to work at, it has vast opportunities for advancement. As a customer service representative you are able to communicate with regional customers. It is a fast paced position and closely metered performance structure (like most call centers). Also as a big plus compensation and benefits are top shelf.
Pros
Free cable, hour lunch breaks, competitive pay
Cons
micro management, average turnover.
good co-workers
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 3, 2016
Management needs improvement. Never take the field reps advice and recommendations. To many changes to the sales compensation plan. Promotions of products is not fair across the board.
Pros
outstanding Benefits
Cons
poor management
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 1, 2016
management wants you to succeed, there is always someone there for assistance. You can climb the ladder as fast or slowly as you want to. Culture is great!
Good Job with Good Benefits
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2015
I worked at TWC for a few months but had to quit due to how they do their shift bids. I must say they do shower their employees with incentives to perform. It is competitive but not cut throat. The benefits are great! Only down side is your schedule is based on your performance and you can easily get stuck with a horrible shift. The hardest part of my job as a retention agent was hearing complaints all day long and the mind games you have to play to retain the customers business.
Pros
Benefits, incentives
Cons
Short breaks, no time off, bad schedule
Excellent job benifits
Direct Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2016
When I say excellent job benefits I am not just talking about cost of TV service. The health insurance is exceptional. Fair price and you can go to any specialist and get fixed up. I wish I was back!!
Pros
Benefits, Opportunity
Cons
work life balance is based on PTO and a system.
Extremely stressful environment in a high pace inbound call center.
Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 5, 2016
Number driven company with a lot of integrity issues among co-works, with lack of supervisor and management support. More like a carrot before a work horse.
benefits
Cons
integrity issues and high turnover
Account Manager II-Enterprise (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 8, 2016
This is a great company with a lot of opportunity for growth potential. There are great benefits and great company culture.
Productivity
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2016
Handling inbound disconnect/downgrade calls from existing customers. Responsible for skillfully retaining customers through positive customer relationship building. Diffuse the irate customer situation by utilizing strong listening skills and probing techniques. Identify reason(s) for disconnect and overcome objections in an effort to retain the customer. Save and re-sell the value of our products and services by properly aligning their features, benefits and price with the needs of our customers. Adhere to productivity metrics to ensure all calls are handled in a timely and efficient manner

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Time Warner Cable. Our community is ready to answer.