Time Warner Cable
2,374 reviews

Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews

Decent short term job
Network Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 20, 2015
Pros: Different challenges and the people
Cons: Everything else
Its a decent job to have if you're in the cool crowd. Don't speak any negative truth about the politics or you will be cut. I was there for 15 years as a tech in various departments and they loved me until I told an indirect supervisor not to raise his voice at me, I'm not his child. Next thing I knew, fired. Never an incident over the entire 15 years. If someone wants you gone, you're gone. Statistically only 5% of their employees get to actually retire from there, and that's probably only executives and the people they forgot to cut prior.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJune 20, 2015
The overall atmosphere is great ... management is positive and relaxed. The job is not difficult ... the training is pretty good. The worst part of the job is the pay; this is NYC, Flushing Queens, to be specific. Not enough to survive!
Productive workplace
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Queens, NYJune 19, 2015
Tons of room for growth within the company. A typical day at work includes an average of handling 60 unique calls a day. Calls you will experience are inquiring about customer billing, video, phone, and internet repairs. The most enjoyable part of the job is making customers happy and learning more as you go along. One thing that is sure to happen no matter what is that things will change constantly.
Great benefits, but bad upper management.
Service Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2015
Work days are long with mandatory overtime especially in the summer. Customers are usually angry because the over the phone customer service representatives don't have any idea what their talking about.
Great job
Lead Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Rotterdam, NYJune 18, 2015
train new employees, make sure team was well versed in all new products, services, polices, and billing systems. ensure team met monthly goals.
NONE
DBA (Current Employee), NCJune 17, 2015
Great place to work.
Overall a positive environment with adequate work life balance
Clear management strategy that promotes initiative and team work
Culture of diversity and inclusion
Nice Benefits and schedule, but bad direction, communication, and policies
Customer Solutions and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJune 17, 2015
Sales and customer service so an acquired taste to begin with. Benefits package and free cable is very nice. Lots of prizes, giveaways and incentives throughout the day. Free food on occasions and nice facilities as far as lunch room, coffee, break rooms, bathrooms etc. Management can nice but not always available and depending on who you go to they may or may not be able to, or even want to help you. There is however floor support which is usually quick and helpful. Pay CAN be nice but the base pay isn't enough for the job in itself. There is bonuses and a commission check based on performance but that pay scale changes and was never truly explained. Often disputes on scorecard and actual payout. Preach integrity but want you to lie to customers or not tell full truth. It is retention so a lot of customers are very upset to start. So much of your pay is based off the scorecard and how much money you generate or can keep from losing, many customers are upset because of dishonest behavior from your peers in order to increase their own scorecard.
Supportive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: I was the only one doing my job.
Cons: Couldn't hire me because the acquired Insight Communications
Teamwork! I created proposals, read maps, created directions in rural areas, worked with contractors and ran reports, this job kept me busy which is what I enjoy. Not just busy work but important work. The co-workers were fantastic and there was no hard part of my job besides not being able to hire me due to a merger. The most enjoyable part was everyday.
Your average work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good Incentives
Cons: Lots of favoritism
There was a friendly work environment. I do not feel like the management team was well organized. They always seemed to be missing information or information was not accurate. Some of management does there job while others work off of favoritism. They do not work with you when it comes to work schedule. Not enough pay for all the work required to do, but people who are hired are professional. The work environment is nice, but unless you are friends with someone in a higher position does not seem like you can grow within the company.
fun workplace
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAJune 16, 2015
atypical day at work would be on the phone all day, upselling customers or setting up new service. competing with co workers to win tvs, ipads, rokus etc.
Technician
Field Technician (Former Employee), NHJune 14, 2015
Pros: Pay/Benefits
Cons: Management
Not horrible. Management could have been better. This company needs to realize that the offices in this area are small and the outcome of sales whether in the field or over the counter just may not happen. The threats to fire for minimal things should stop. Learn to appreciate your employees more. Control the work loads more in order to reduce service calls by allowing more time on a job. Maybe The Union is the way to go. The hardest part was communication. Your opinion doesn't matter. The best part of the job is the fact that you are not chained to a desk. Co-workers were decent. some lazier than others. Some always willing to help out.
Benefits Great Upper Management Not So Much
Service Technician II (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: Company provided tools and equipement, fantastic health benefits
Cons: Lack of communication, upper management out of touch
The lack of communication in a communications company is absolutely astounding. The left hand often has no idea what the right is doing, and vis versa. Technicians in the field have their concentration and efforts pulled every which way, with different departments demanding different sometimes conflicting things. Upper management is often completely out of touch with what their employees are dealing with. That being said direct supervisors were doing a fantastic job of making sure the technicians had what they needed, often going above and beyond to ensure everything was taken care of. Day to day was not horrible, often clear and concise objectives day to day. Overall the compensation was fair but could be better, health benefits were fantastic and what keeps most people around.
retaining customers
Retention Sales (Current Employee), austin texasJune 12, 2015
Pros: free cable
Cons: its retention
cool place to work. sometimes you get cancellations that greatly impact you but its cool. answer phone calls, repackage customers bills offer other channels a very relaxed atmosphere
Good Company
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2015
Managed a team of 15-19 representatives in a call center environment. Everyday was a new challenge and learning the different personalities really enforced the need to treat and coach each team member as an individual.

The most challenging part of the job was ensuring that my team was kept informed as to the ever changing policies and products. That led the most enjoyable part of my job, teaching others.
great environment , need improving
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 12, 2015
amazing benefits , shifts are not so great, opportunity for improvement , pay rate is awesome , can get very noisy at times
Productive, Very nice work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2015
A typical day i would go over my lines to say before i get on the phone. Your whole group would go over you guys goals that would have to be made at the end of the day. They did a lot of fun things with us during this job instead of just having us sitting at the telephones all day long.
I do love my job!
Texas Sales Program Development Team (Sales Coach) (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: work hours
I love my job, I just do not like being micromanaged when I am a salary employee who understands how to accomplish tasks and be #1 in my field.
about time warner cable
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tujunga, CAJune 10, 2015
as a sales rep for TWC i have learn more about the new technology that TWC offers to its customers and im very proud to be a part of that team GO TIME WARNER CABLE
Great Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: none
Enjoyed my time at Time Warner. I enjoyed the entertainment of getting compensated for performance with gifts and trips.
Nice Company
Advanced Tech Support 2 (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 10, 2015
Pros: free cable
Cons: management
pretty ok company to work for. it takes a while to make good money. you would need to put some years in order to reach the mid point. atleast 10 years.

About Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. – Read more

Time Warner Cable Salaries

Technical Support
$30,000 per year

Time Warner Cable Photos

Training hard!
One of our amazing Field Techs getting ready for his day.
On my way to the next job site.