Time Warner Cable
2,249 reviews

Time Warner Cable United States Employee Reviews

It was fun working there because the bosses were nice, and I work with some of my friends.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 28, 2015
We just input the data into the new router which the data were already program. It was fun to work, I learned how to work with others and how the router work.
Needs Better Managers
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits, and incentives
Cons: Poor management and consistency
The management needs more training and better behaviorism.. Typical day consistent call volume. The most enjoyable things about the job were the customers.
If you like having to always sell this is could be your type of job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kettering, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers, good sups and managers
Cons: Must sell, must sell, must sell. . .did I mention must sell
This is a good job, the benefits are great, the people you work with are fantastic. I have good supervisors and managers. The problems start with the business plan they have. When I first started the company had just gotten away from striving for just the money and looking to help the customer. Not so much getting the sale but make sure the customer is taken care of. Now it is swinging back to the money comes first. I don't want it to sound like I am trashing the company as I am not, hands down between cable and satellite, cable is still the way the go and TWC is still the best bet, and we all know how philosophy will change but the human factor has got to come in to equation when dealing with the customers.
DO NOT APPLY
Customer Service Representative/ Training Mentor (Former Employee), Garfield Heights, OHMarch 27, 2015
This company is going down hill and has been for quite while. The company culture has changed. Management is under pressure to perform.
A job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Flushing, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Benefits and lifestyle accomadations
Cons: verbally abusive customers
The overall benefits are great for employees. However, the verbal abuse received from customers can take a toll. The only consistency is change.
Would Not Recommend
Dispatcher/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 26, 2015
with any company there are ups and downs. This one has a lot of mandatory over time and you are not allowed to skip it whats so ever no matter what... If you have a family then this really is not the job for you! However if you are singe and need some great money you can definitely make that happen!
some time needs to go out your way to make one sale.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: A lot of little insentives
Cons: sales not always go thru.
management always help you to get any sales but sales not some time not goes thru, witch make you incompetence and make your number goes down along whit your salary
Bad after the sale support
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good products and prices
Cons: bast customer support and execution of new installs
The company failed to install on time and provided poor customer support after the sale. Ok management but small sales territory and too many hours on internal reports and busy work.
Nice Work Place
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2015
Great place to work has great benefits and really looks out for there employees. Very busy and hard to deal with at time but always regarding every 2 weeks ;)
Very enjoyable warehouse job with with great employees
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 26, 2015
This was probably the best job I've had in quite some time. The work was fairly easy, the people I worked with were just wonderful and I looked forward to going in each day. A typical day consisted of refurbishing and cleaning equipment, picking and processing orders, and loading/unloading trailers. All of which i have allot of experience with, so it made the days go by pretty quickly.
Fun, Fast Paced Environment
Inbound sales representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 25, 2015
Time Warner Cable was a job with excellent benefits but very little job security. The best part was working as a team; however these teams switched rather frequently and made the structure of the job a bit unstable.
Interesting and a fun place to work
Field Technician (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Freedom
Cons: Pay
I worked as a field technician so my office views changed every job I went to. I troubleshot customer's troubles from VOIP, High speed internet and digital cable service. Every job was different. I had to effectively troubleshoot signal levels from the tap at the pole to the inside of the customer's premise. I had to repair and/or replace inside wiring from coax to cat 3 phone wiring.

I learned a lot on how their infrastructure worked from the head end all the way to the customer's home. I had to understand appropriate signal so service would work properly. At times I had to reach out to lineman in order to fix an issue from a node or tap. This was done by troubleshooting backwards from the customer's home to find the source of the problem. I learned a lot in general on how a system of that magnitude has to function in order for a customer to receive services.

Management was good and they were all former field technicians. So if you had a question, they typically knew the answer or would at least get you to the appropriate source. Advance was limited due to the fact that it was a small office and people stayed in their position for long periods of time.

My co-workers were great. Most were very knowledgeable and would help you out no matter what the issue. We bounced ideas and scenarios off one another. This not only help with building a relationship between each other, but also improved communication on certain situations we may see in the field.

Hardest part of the job was leaving to go to Verizon. I enjoyed being a field technician, however the compensation wasn't there for the hazardous conditions we worked and the amount of productivity we put out.

I really enjoyed making the customer happy after fixing an issue they may have had for several months. I really enjoyed the interaction I had with customers and listening to their concerns. I made it a point to find a resolution to any issues they brought up.
Call Center
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free random pick every month for a tv, game console, etc.
Cons: healthcare, breaks
Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems., Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, and issue service discontinuance orders, using computers., Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation., Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, and/or arrange for billing., Obtain and examine all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes, such as extreme weather conditions that could increase utility bills., Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems., Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints., Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments., Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken., Order tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions., Review claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective and approving or disapproving dealers' claims., Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices, and prepare invoices for returned goods., Solicit sale of new or additional services or products., Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
Good job with good benefits
Cable Installer (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: meet new people everyday, change of scenary
Cons: days can end up being long
installing cable phone and internet in to customer's home. I learned a lot from Time Warner Cable splicing and running cables and wire. Management wasn't that bad, and helped with work load. My co-workers were great and they were big on team work. The Hardest part of this job was climbing 28ft in the air. The most enjoyable part of this job was the minimal supervision.
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portland, MEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: paychecks, benefits, management, hours, job security
Time warner is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible. Most of them have hardly any experience with the job at hand, The company has a hard time following their own policies, and having a hard time compensating their employees correctly.
productive environment with great opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 24, 2015
great people to work with, fun environment with room to grow. Sales training applicable to all sales, with good compensation. Enjoy selling
good company to work for
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), winston salemMarch 24, 2015
a typical day at work was being able to go in and actually enjoy the work, TWC is a good company to work for overall, great co-workers, and the pay and benefits are great
good company to work for
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Statesville, NCMarch 24, 2015
Good small company to work for. Benefits were limited. Was bought out soon after I had started there. Was a close family type office
Great company
IntelligentHome Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 22, 2015
Best Company I've ever worked for. Great benefits, great pay, great 401k, and the supervisors are amazing. i would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great company to work for.
Productive and Innovative working environment
Signature Home Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2015
Time Warner has helped advance my career and offers a number of Networking opportunities that have allowed me to successfully add to my portfolio.

About Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. – Read more

Time Warner Cable Salaries

$50,000 per year
Customer Care Supervisor
$33,000 per year

Time Warner Cable Photos

One of our amazing Field Techs getting ready for his day.
On my way to the next job site.
Maintenance and operation of TV Broadcast equipmen