Time Warner Cable Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits, poor managment
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEJune 29, 2016
Corporate American Standard...
PROS-
great benefits (paid holidays, discounted tv/phone/internet/security services, commissions and incentives)
Co-workers worked well as a team

CONS-
Some travel can turn into LOTS of travel
micro management with strict sales goals
high turnover can cause short staffing issues
TWC (Former Employee) Austin
Tier 3 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2016
I worked for the company 2 years as part of their Tier 3 departmebt. Had some good as well as some bad days. For the most part I believe the company is good but you must be ok with the heavy phone calls. Some expectations were unrealistic but all in all, you can do worse.
Pros
Free cable, good benefits
Cons
Not too far with schedules
Good experience in video cable casting and cable TV installation
Master Controller, cable tv installer (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAApril 3, 2016
Enjoyed the experience with video cable casting, commercial insertion and cable TV installation. I could see that the company was trying to get into telephone technology. I thought it would be best to get over to the telephone industry where the future was trending.
Pros
Training and work experience good
Cons
benefits and compensation
Poor management, customer service, work life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TX 75019March 24, 2016
Manage service delivery orders. Work as a liasion with customers/field operations.Most days are full of regrets and apologies to customers for missed appointments. No worklife balance, micro managed environment, low pay and no incentives and promotion opportunties.Heavy use of time clock for disciplinary purposes. Not a nice place to work if you are career minded, customer focused with a family.
Pros
Good benefits, healthcare etc.
Cons
Micro management, no flexability, poor management and Low pay
good group of people
Direct sales representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45415July 11, 2016
drove to Dayton from Sidney 3 times a week I learned how to listen to what customers wanted and needed and fit then with the best and most affordable for there needs all sales reps where very friendly the hardest part of then job is the hours and the cost of gas for the drive
Pros
friendly people
Cons
the drive and the hours
Cutting edge telecommunications company
Customer Care/Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 24, 2016
Fast paced and high volume technical customer support and sales. Experienced management team with hands-on development toward improved performance.
Continued improvement of technical and customer service skill set, with opportunities to see a task through to completion from a vast and varied degrees of customer concerns.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement.
I enjoyed the work, I enjoyed the customers!
I/R Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OhioApril 11, 2016
I love the work I did at Time Warner Cable! I loved my customers, enjoyed helping them with their issues and fixing the problems they had. Management was ok for the most part, however, the employees are severely micro managed!!! My co-workers were the best you will come across, always willing to help with a problem or a big job. Always willing to share information and educate one another! The hardest part of my job was going into homes that I was unsure about, by myself, and seeing things such as child neglect and animal abuse. The best part of my job was meeting so many wonderful people and making them happy by fixing the problems they were experiencing with there service!
Pros
Free cable service, good health insurance, pention, 401k match, ect.
Cons
Schedule, forced overtime almost daily, etc
A wonderful company to work for.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
A very productive environment with positive reinforcement for the best quality of work. Amazing co- workers. Our team work is very dynamic with a positive outcome. I guess the hardest part will be zero tolerance for mistakes. The most enjoyable part of the job is my manager/boss. He has a good combination of professionalism and the personal touch. He knows most of the problems that employees faced. He is a good leader and has a strong communication skills with his workers.
Compensation Analyst
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 22, 2016
TWC has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and to contribute in a meaningful way. My skill set and experience is appreciated. The team communicates well and works well together. This particular group has a great collaborative environment. I can't speak to any of the other roles at TWC, but I highly recommend the Compensation Department.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
I'm a contractor, so no benefits are included. I would welcome a full-time role.
location vdallas
warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2016
fun. inventory control. I have never meet the CEO of my company. Although I see my Manager on a regular and we talk about the DO's and DON'Ts around here. I get a far yearly raise. I have some fabulous co workers. I enjoy my hour lunch period, I always take a nap.
Pros
health insurance. retirement matched 100% 401k matched 100% win trips to puerto rico
Cons
breaks
good experience to learn technology
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2016
To be a cable technician and learn all about technology is great. Also, to be able to help customers with their cable related issues was also fun and stressful sometimes. Technology is forever changing so to be at the forefront of it is good.
Pros
discount services and benefits
Cons
stagnant movement throughout compsny
Great company
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2016
Very exciting company to work for. Not only does it take care of it's customers and openly takes excellent care of it employees. Upper leadership is very in tune with employees and also very willing and able to help when needed. Excellent choice to work for.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Merger so the corporate location is closing down
Growth
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
I learn everything about my field working at Time Warner Cable of NYC. I was direct responsibility for all of Time Warner’s cable distribution channels. Troubleshot and repaired all equipment for pay-per-view services like “Time Warner Home Theatre” and “Quantum”, the first video on-demand 150 channel system in the world with more than 57 pay-per-view channels.
Productive and fun place to work.
Dispatcher - Route Handler for Tech Ops (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 26, 2016
It was a great place to work, I learned many aspects from dispatching to working in many different positions within the company, co-workers were the best!
Pros
Many staggering breaks and 1 hour lunch, with many vending machines, Often food brought in by management on a daily basis.
Cons
no cons
Productivity
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 16, 2016
Handling inbound disconnect/downgrade calls from existing customers. Responsible for skillfully retaining customers through positive customer relationship building. Diffuse the irate customer situation by utilizing strong listening skills and probing techniques. Identify reason(s) for disconnect and overcome objections in an effort to retain the customer. Save and re-sell the value of our products and services by properly aligning their features, benefits and price with the needs of our customers. Adhere to productivity metrics to ensure all calls are handled in a timely and efficient manner
Great place to Work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Albany, NY 12205July 12, 2016
I enjoyed working here despite the poor communication with the management in the company and constant policy updates. I am very competitive and thats what the company pushes, competitiveness with sales and performance.
Pros
2 breaks 1 hr lunch break, great benefits, constant prize giveaways
Cons
management communication
Great management with great work environment
Sr. Enterprise Voice Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 30, 2016
• Provide a technical point in troubleshooting for Telephony issues/events/outages
• Access and maintain all Avaya PBX's
• Install and provide support for Avaya One-X as needed
• Provide administrative bridge management and oversight during network events/outages
• Assign, reset and provide support for all voice mail related issues in both Modular messaging and the Ex-change Server.
• Work with limited supervision (sometimes independently) while providing clear, documented activities to include customer or technical issues

My co workers are the best I could ask for. They are very helpful and easy going people, but at the same time we are all very driven to getting tasks done by deadlines if not earlier.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lower pay than most companies
Time Warner Cable is a company that has a lot to offer.
Outbound Telesales Rep-Peer coach (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 12, 2016
On a typical day of work you can always learn something new at Time Warner Cable. I have learned not only how to be a leader but also how to develop other employees into leaders as well. I enjoy coming to work and helping customers with there accounts and services.
Great Benefits and Compensation... but...
Retail Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 22, 2016
Fantastic benefits and compensation. Commissions are great along with what they give you. It is just not enough to deal with the Verbal abuse from customers everyday. I loved my co-workers, and management clearly never sold a day in there lives at TWC. The expectation of how much you should be selling was a little on the unrealistic side.
Pros
Commission, free cable
Cons
Verbal Abuse
productive place to work
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNJuly 13, 2016
Good place to work however,can be stressful. Atypical day at work would be long and stressful. co workers were great! Management was not well they would over work and underpay and micromanage. my most enjoyable part of job was interacting with customers.
Pros
discounted cable
Cons
only off weekends