Time Warner

Time Warner Employer Reviews

Very satisfied with the workload and new technology that seemed to be ahead of the telecom tech. curve.
TECHNICIAN III (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 13, 2014
Fast passed. New telecom technology to learn all the time. Installing new equipment at customer premise site as well as central office.
the people that work there are solid professionals
Network Administrator (Former Employee), columbus ohioAugust 25, 2014
co workers were great. Very team oriented environment.
I learned a deeper understanding of the workings of a large media company .
great time
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2014
Research Analyst
• Performed customer segment research
• Developed understanding of customer markets and segments
• Created PowerPoint presentations for executives
• Maintained company’s blog, online surveys, and brochures
High Tech Environment
Telecommunications Account Executive (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2014
*Cold Call Door to Door in buildings downtown Indianapolis that supplied Time Warner services
*Ethernet Sales
*Bad
*Worse
*Getting a Sale / Extremely Expensive Service / Extremely technical
*The Money
A productive and learning experience
Network Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free cable and internet, 401 k benefits
Cons: short breaks and 30 minute lunches
a typical day at Time Warner aka Comcast.

I would have a work load to handle daily as the testing and inventory procedures of the company was a lot to handle.

So the company divided teams up to accomplish the work.

We had cable boxes, modems, and networking equipment to test.
So this was very demanding and had to be done daily. I had professional – more... technicians giving instructions on equipment and we had a profitable margin accounted for in the months that passed us by.

so we did about 3000-10000 units per day at our peak times and this was a very demanding part of the job. So you learned to work very quickly and efficiently.

I tested cable boxes, modem, high speed modems, and Networking units. Now the demand for networking was very new to Time Warner at the time and so I did analysis testing for 2-wire and Motorola links, and some deprogramming of Cisco net.

Most of the day consumed required testing and analysing programs and using Windows software 2000 and XP.

My coworkers were a huge part because we all had to think and act like a unit does in the military to be able to accomplish these tasks. Teamwork is a huge part of the work day and so vocabular definitions of the same jargon. So we had to expand and unite in the way we did these actions everyday.

the hardest part of the job was that we did not get to do many meetings and updates. There are many updates in a company like that and sometimes they are hourly. We had big meetings but we needed more communications like we have now. Emails would have been a big help in the progress and so messages or text messages would have helped.

the most enjoyable part of the job for me was to accomplish these tasks everyday and see a great team of co-workers meet this high demand. I do not know if this demand is so great now but that was a high volume to fulfill for that year and the upcoming year. – less
tw telecom
Common Systems Detail Engineer (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 2, 2014
Pros: excellent communication with staff and management.
Cons: very fluid industry
Company is very fast paced, constant equipment upgrades and project management oriented.

tw telecom was recently purchased by Level 3 Communications, so it will be interesting to see the outcome of the acquisition.
Good Benefits
Technician (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 31, 2014
Overall an ok company to work for as a field technician, even though the culture is changing constantly because of management changes the education and health benefits are pretty decent.
Not bad
Installation/Tier III Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxJuly 18, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: atics are hot
Its not a bad Gig. Installing cable can be tough. Its hot and tiring but not bad.
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Littleton, COJuly 12, 2014
Pros: the ability to work from home one day a week or when the weather is bad.
My time at tw telecom has been amazing. The people within the accounts payable department are great to work with, fun but professional. Everyone pitching in to meet the goals of the department. The management team over the accounts payable department treat you like adults. They tell/show you what your job is
and what their expectations are, then let – more... you do it. They don't micro manage and you don't have a set schedule. You are expected to work an 8 hour day but it doesn't have to be 8 to 5.
The hardest part of the job is having to depend on others to achieve an individual goal. The best part of the job is having the opportunity to work with a great team and a company that values it's employees. Most of all the management team over the accounts payable department realize that life happens. – less
Overall A Great Company
Coordinator (Current Employee), NYCJune 24, 2014
There is constant change for the better. Management encourages and challenges you on a daily basis. There are people who have been there for many, many years and take their jobs extremely personally.
Team Centered culture with a fairly good support staff.
Direct Sales Representative/ Outside Sales (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: nice level of independance
Cons: information trickles down so that you may be the last to know... or even get it from the customer.
You are pretty much on your own after 30 days. The cable industry is a bipolar business for sure. However, this jobs success is directly related to your tenacity, attention to detail, and your commitment to work hard...

It's a great way to measure your own character and focus SO I LOVED IT... I just happened to relocate to another city.
Time Warner
Tele-Service Agent (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2014
This is a good company to work for. I wish the customer service was utilized more.
funplace to work at
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJune 12, 2014
A typical dayn at work is fun and busy, good co workers and learned to be a good billing specialist
OutBound
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 23, 2014
A typical day at work was to take evaluate outbound calls and provide skills to enhance communication.
Fun place to work
Library Operation Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: great benefits
I enjoy working the hours. It had great benefits. I worked with
a great team of people. the hours was great.
Classic Company
QA Tester (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 16, 2014
Co workers, management were very friendly, and helpful. Enjoyable everyday work.
If you are good at sales you will make alot of $
Inbound Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 16, 2014
good company, but alot of unhappy employees due to constant change. TWC "things will change"
I have had experience in both manual and automated testing
QA Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
I have had over six years of experience in Automation Test script Development. I have had experience in both manual and automated testing of web based applications as well as client server applications. In my QA carrier I have worked on different Operating Systems such as windows XP, Windows, Unix and few others. I have done test developed in C++, Java – more... and Visual Basic. A Few testing tools I believe I have extensive experience that would be QC/ALM(11.00) and QTP(9.52,10.00,11.00)/UFT(11.50). And I have done a lot of different tests using these Testing Tools, some of them are Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing ,UAT (User Acceptance Testing) Testing and so many others. And other than that I have also done a lot of back-end testing using SQL Query. So few of the databases that I have worked on are Oracle, Sql Server and Microsoft Access. – less
Great group pf people to work with.
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 9, 2014
Great overall place to work. Plenty of overtime. Knowledgeable supervisors.
spent time to get together with peirs had fun
Network Technician II (Former Employee), houstonMay 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch bowling cook outs
Cons: lots of driving in the traffic was not fun
good company to work with miss the people. had met lots of new faces and enjoyed working with the customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Time Warner

Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. – Read more

Time Warner Photos