Times Union Center Employee Reviews

Just a great place to work free conserts - tickets ,etc.
License Security Officer - Event Staff / Crew (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free tickets - concerts
Cons: the clean - up.
The people were just great to work with!.You just donot get that better.You can ask for it does it mean that your going to get it ? No.
fun workplace
Operations Crew (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 18, 2013
fun workplace good events and shows graet co-workers good teamwork and just a all around good place to work.
Fun place to work, learned a lot
Group Sales Intern (Current Employee), Albany, NYApril 2, 2013
I did a lot of cold calling and internet research to try to find companies or groups that would want to buy tickets in groups for shows. I learned a lot about everyday business life.
Employee of an extremely visible and respected organization in the Capital District.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 12, 2012
Pros: the ability to be a part of some of the largest sports and entertainment events in the area.
Cons: many nights and weekends away from family.
A typical day for me as Marketing Manager at the Times Union Center consists of:
*Event marketing (all aspects)
*Social media managing
*Event specific market research
*Graphic design
*E-marketing
*Event – more... Planning

I've grown tremendously in my current position. Throughout the last 6+ years I have gained the confidence that I could excel as a member of the upper management team when the opportunity presented itself.

Project and time management is a critical part of being the marketing manager at Times Union Center. In a time of budget and staff cuts, I have managed to excel in a busy environment, despite an increased workload.

I typically manage 6 employees per year. With this experience I have learned what it takes to take charge and delegate duties to ensure that projects are completed in an effective and timely manner.

The most difficult part of my job at times, is to make time sensitive decisions without having all of the necessary information to do so. It is a very fast paced environment and you need to trust your experience and gut feeling to ensure deadlines are effectively met.

As for the most enjoyable part of my job, I'd have to say that it is being a part of the Capital Region's premier sports and entertainment facility. There are so many fun and exciting events to be a part of and it is this experience that has prepared me for the next part of my professional career. – less
Multitasked between Departments
Event Services/Operations Intern (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 16, 2012
Easy going and flexible. Worked on and off site production. Involved in The Wedding Experience, music shoots, basketball games, concerts, and family events.
we had fun here and i learned all
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 19, 2012
we had fun and i liked working here and i saw a lot and learned a lot about the show that go on there