Times Union Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment
Customer Service Paper Courier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 21, 2015
Working at Florida Times-Union can be a challenge due to the fact that it is seven days a week. No matter the the weather the papers had to be delivered promptly and dry. It is a good company to work for but as a courier you were a contractor. Unfortunately, newspapers are becoming extinct due to advances in technology. The amount of subscribers have fallen off over the years making the pay dwindle. The company is trying to compensate by adding additional products. Time management and perseverance are two things I learned in my time here.
Pros
Great company, customers, and flexibility.
Cons
No matter the weather the paper still must be delivered.
It is a nice place to work, Awsome
Single Copy Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2016
The most enjoyable of the job is that you are off work by the time everyone else are on their way to work. I have to be to work about 1:00 am in the morning and I am back at home around 7:00 if nothing goes wrong with my people or customers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Have to be to work early
not at all
Electrician (Former Employee) –  the arena.April 8, 2016
employees makes this place not very job friendly, However can be corrected ... had a very difficult time trying to do my job. Management hand were tied because of the Union employees.
Pros
Nice shows
Cons
unfriendly, and disrespectful employees
easy workplace.
Supervisor/delivery (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2015
had fun while i was there, i soon came into a car wreck that took me away from this position. i soon got on with fedEx. after my wreck and 2 years of fedex, i was hoping to find something a little more normal paced of hours and a better pay.
Pros
work hard
it was a nice place to work
Warehouse/Quality assurance worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2015
Clocking in setting up work area cleaning work area..starting up machines to count batches. morning meetings on production goals
Very Good Place to work
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  JUacksonville FLSeptember 14, 2015
Out bound calls to businesses to sell them on setting an appointment to meet with a consultant to continue to discuss various advertising campaigns that I was responsible for initiating
Times Union
Team Leader, Shipping and recieving (Current Employee) –  LogisticsOctober 13, 2015
I receive advertising inserts and paper rolls for the paper to run. I lead the team in ensuring all products are stored, tagged, and staged properly.
Great Company
Presser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2015
Great Company, enjoy working there. Good atmosphere. Many jobs are availble to learn. I have had a great experiance working there at the Times-Union
fun workplace
delivery (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FLMay 9, 2015
Had great co-workers. made sure we had fun but also finished our job at the end of the day. Meeting new people everyday was great, helped me gain more communication skills and people skills. job was not really hard was pretty easy going.
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
no days off
Nice place to work.
Web Advertising Designer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2015
Nice place to work.The people are generally friendly and helpful, but the compensation and benefits need to be better in order to provide more incentive to their employees.
Pros
People are generally friendly
Loving the late night work hours
Independent Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2015
Work hours during the middle of the night. No traffic to fight and lots of new areas to learn. Hardest part of the job is making the deadlines when the delivery truck is late to the warehouse.
great coworkers that help you on difficult task
dock worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2015
the hardest part of my job is picking up the slack from other co-workers and the most enjoyable part of my job is my break time
Pros
long break
Cons
do not get paid enough
not so great
Couriers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FLJuly 10, 2015
constant annoyance, use your own vehicle, night work, not great management, the worst part is that readership is dropping constantly
no days off, very early morning hours
Paper Courier (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 24, 2014
Delivering papers is very easy although work is between the hours of 3am and 6am six days a week and 2am to 9am on Sunday. Also papers have to be delivered 365 days a week which means there are no days off. Finding a substitute is extremely difficult and usually requires paying more than the route's pay for the substitute to cover the route.
Pros
easy work and short "shift"
Cons
no days off, ever. hard to find people to cover your route if you do need time off
productive and nice easy going place to work
picker packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2014
picking and packing customer's order I learned how to scan and pack clothes, shoes, and jewelry the proper way. my managers was good and very supportive when something was wrong. my co workers was nice fun and very easy to get along with they helped show other co workers where items was located. the hardest part of the job was walking a metal grading for 8 hours at a time but with comfortable shoes it was easy going
Fun & Exciting Workplace
Courier/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 18, 2014
Working at the Florida Times Union is a lot of fun. A typical day consist of arriving at work at 1:30 in the morning ready to get the day started. I am required to insert, and bag the daily newspaper in order to deliver the papers to my customers. Management can sometimes be funny, and frustrating due to a lack of organization, but over all a great bunch of people. My co-workers are interesting, and a lot of fun as well. The most enjoyable part of this job is the relationships built with my customers. The hardest part of this job is it is 7 days a week rain, or shine. There are no off days, and I am required to show up despite physical state.
small company
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 31, 2015
Not a bad place to work. it is very small and there really just isn't a lot of opportunity with them, but overall not too bad.
Very productive company that pays well
Pressroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2014
A typical day would start at night. I would lay out the nightly work and assign crews to various presses. I would communicate effectively with management about any changes, problems or unexpected press runs. I enjoyed working with my co-workers as they became like family. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family at night, holidays, weekends. I most enjoyed the sense of accomplishment I got from finishing a hard days work and meeting expectations and goals.
Pros
vaction weeks and pay rate
Cons
nights and weekends
A Job Where You Learn Something New Everyday
Military Publications Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2014
A typical work day would be calling on existing customers, prospecting for new customers, customer service, scheduling and proof ads, goal attainment.
I have learned to be a team player, organization, follow-through, problem solving and relationship building
My current Publisher is the best...supportive, insightful and dedicated to Military Publications
My co-workers and I work as a team to obtain goals and find solutions for our customers
Customers would do not follow deadlines established
Customers who I have worked with for years and the relationships I have with them and the news customers that my relationship is just beginning
Pros
the opportunity to help my customers' businesses grow
The leading provider of print and online services in the Capital District.
Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 21, 2014
The Times Union provides business owners with the opportunity to grow their business; they offer a variety of quality products and services both in print and online.

The Hearst corporation offers the most up-to-date digital products available which enable a business owner to reach and interact with today's customer.