Timken Employee Reviews

Great job
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Honea Path, SCAugust 15, 2017
I like working at Timken , it's a fast pace working environment. You're always busy doing something. The team leaders are experienced , and the supervisors are very helpful and friendly. The employees are a great group of people. As an Auditor, I am responsible for spotting any defects before they reach the customers.
Pros
Job security, competitive pay, health, 401k benefits
Cons
On your feet most of the time
Not a good place to work
Lateral Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 13, 2017
They hire mostly temps and pay them nothing. Temps don't stay long, many didn't even last a day. Full-time staff aren't paid much either. No air conditioning. Very hot and hard work. Management does not have their act together. Was told that I could have time off, the was let go because of attendance. Gave me a warning one day and was gone the next.
better then some
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCAugust 11, 2017
building is very clean. same temp year round. 72 degrees no matter what.. Lead people are great other employees willing to help upper mangemant kind of lacking in skills
Pros
ac
Horrible to employees
Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 9, 2017
This place doesn't care about its employees. The management team is all kiss a## that couldn't make it on the floor but knew who to blow. The work environment is toxic.
Cons
productive lots of over time
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 4, 2017
lots of overtime, friendly workers, pays good, has good benefits, reasonable breaks, paid lunch, get vacation time after a year, get personal holiday,
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of overtime
Zero chance for advancment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Iron Station, NCJuly 30, 2017
I have been at Timken for over ten years and I'm still on afternoon shift. I have never missed more then my vacation days per year. I always go above and beyond my job requirements and I train new operators. I make the same amount of money as I did ten years ago due to insurance going up every year. Management is terrible and the "buddy's" get away with murder. We don't have full crews to run Monday through Friday so lines become a "priority" on Saturdays but management doesn't care they are gone by 4pm on Friday. I have applied for internal maintenance jobs several times only to be passed up and see a less qualified "buddy" get them. I even had management tell me I should put in for maintenance then turn me down again.
Pros
Cons
Managment, off shift, hours worked, favortism, training, vacation time
Terrible place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 25, 2017
I've spoken with other former employees before they fired all of IT and shipped the jobs to India, and it was bad before then as well. If you are in IT, this is not a place you want to be if you can avoid it. They are decades behind in their technologies and are perfectly content with staying there. Top level of IT management are always looking for ways to short change everything and you never feel any job security since they've shipped all of their jobs overseas multiple times, only to find out it was a bad idea, then rinse repeat.

If you refuse to give up the year 2000 and love Windows XP, then this is the place for you. You won't ever have to worry about learning anything new.
Pros
Building is very nice, cafeteria serving breakfast, snacks and lunch
Cons
Employees are just line items they would rather not have if they could get by without them, DECADES behind in technology, have an attitude of an industry leader but are not even a follower they've been left in the dust
Nice place to work
associate (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJuly 24, 2017
This is one place that tries to work with associates at their level, but does have very good rules that must be followed. regardless of the rules as long as you following them its a great place to work
Fast but not Furious
Wave Planner (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2017
The work is very fast paced and depends on accuracy but my supervisor took plenty of time to teach me. Multitasking is a must and spreadsheets are extremely helpful.
Just kept the place clean
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 15, 2017
A good place to work at . You just do your job make sure everything is done and clean properly . Management is very good . You get into the routine of cleaning that everything becomes like 2nd nature.
good company.
All positions (Current Employee) –  bucyrus ohioJuly 14, 2017
a good place to work,expensive benefits.shortage of employess and loss of retirement.fast paced enviroment great employees.fortune 500 company.jobs are based solely on economy.
Pros
pay
Cons
healthcare
Pretty good place to work
CNC Set Up & Operator (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNJuly 11, 2017
There were good & bad people to work with. Management was easy to work with. The working conditions were good. Machinery was in pretty good condition, but wasn't kept up to date very well.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Too much overtiime
Good place to work for. 4/5
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Iron Station, NCJuly 11, 2017
Timken is a great company to work for. I learned the process of which a tapered cone bearing is made, and it is actually quite interesting. I won't bore you with the long boring details, but here is the process in a nutshell. Raw material is ground and super-heated so it can be molded into the desire size and shape. It then goes to assembly to be completed and inspected before being shipped to the customer.

As far as management went, I was very happy with my experience. My supervisor was always there when I needed something and was very easy to work with.

The hardest part of the job, in my opinion, was the training. This is in no part in fault of the company. There was no one else available to train me. The biggest issue I had was if I found a more efficient way to do something, he would tell me I'm doing it wrong. When I asked him why it was wrong, because I was getting the same results in a shorter amount of time, he said "because this is how we've always done it." On the opposite end of the spectrum the most enjoyable part about the job was also the people. Everyone always seemed to enjoy coming into work and still had a smile on their face as they were leaving. It's much easier to enjoy the work when everyone else is as well.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope it helps.
Pros
Discounts, decent insurance, 401k, decent wages
its a good place work
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Union, SCJuly 6, 2017
the Timken Company has a great work environment and is well managed. However, they have been downsizing over the past several years and there is not much left. I need a place of security.
Horrible Management team
Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 6, 2017
Timken pays decently but they have raised their insurance premiums so much that I am still making about what I did a decade ago. Their management team is now almost entirely made up of people who are willing to kiss butt above all else whether they actually have any clue of how to handle people or not...horrible work environment and they go out of their way to try and make the employees miserable!
Pros
Decent pay and usually as much overtime as you want
Cons
Incompentent management
Good Company
Manufacturing Planner (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILJuly 1, 2017
People are good,

they support a lot.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Lot of scope to work.
Was Not So great
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 29, 2017
The typical day at work included developing the ETL jobs to load the data into the target tables.

The work also involved generating reports for the business users.
Pros
Friendly Place
Cons
Short breaks
Timken is professional with great growth potential
Sr Customer Relations Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 26, 2017
Timken is professional with great growth potential. Training and mentor programs in place allowed me to learn and ask questions for 6+ months. Continued learning is available if I chose to learn more than I am required. This helps me grow in my job and knowledge.
Timken changed while and were cutting people left and right.
SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 21, 2017
Timken has changes over the years and continues to lay off good associates, cut the IT staff. Many of my friends were laid off by Timken. Timken is sending many of their positions to India to reduce their costs.
Pros
Cose to home
Cons
no job security
Production
Process Auditor (Former Employee) –  Honea Path, SCJune 19, 2017
Great work place with good employees. Management needs help with managing and having the needed work available to meet schedule requirements. Workflow is heavy for all in production but can not have the parts available to make schedule in an efficient turn around time. Therefore making the jobs very stressful. The pay is great but not on the same level with other companies of the same product.