Tinker Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Awsome place to work!
Indirect Lending Office (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2016
Genuinely good people to work with, good benefits, wonderful work environment, good hours, decent pay, convenient locations, great management and training.
Good benefits bad home work life balance
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKJuly 8, 2015
The credit union had great benefits. However, work life balance was lacking as well as any concrete form of leadership. Worked in a very understaffed branch and was never sure what senior management expected from the branch.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Bad work life balance
TFCU-Corporate
Mortgage Servicer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 19, 2012
Easy going work environment, co-workers are great. TFCU does not advance from internal employees they hire 90% of there management/upper level jobs from external. But they don't care about education, as much as work experience, so for older applicants this can be very good. But for me as a College graduate, with only 12 years work experience, I would get passed over for individuals with 20+ years experience but only have a High School diploma.

The Benefits are 5 Star, great insurance, 401K matching, lots of vacation time.

The pay is below average for each position, but the benefits make up for that.
Pros
benefits, work culture
Cons
pay, job advancement not possible
Great Environment, Benefits, and Opportunity!
Member Service Supervisor/Teller Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMay 21, 2013
I used the opportunity to grow with Tinker with both internal and external education. The education provided in the training room transferred to my college and 14 elective hours were waived; TFCU also paid for my college degree. My co-workers were fun to be around but serious when need be. The hardest part of my job is the ever changing atmosphere with the system and policies but they were also for the good. I enjoy the membership, employees, and upper managment.

The benefits at TFCU are amazing. They are also VERY good compared to other financial institutions when it comes to pay. The CEO will call you on your birthday to wish you a happy birthday, there is opportunity for quarterly incentives, and other perks along the way. I enjoy my job.
Pros
benefits, atmosphere, training, and ability to promote (in okc area).
Cons
ability to promote (outside of okc area)
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKMarch 20, 2015
TFCU is a wonderful place to work! They truly treat their employees wonderfully with great benefits. The work culture is very enjoyable and there are lots of opportunities for advancement.
Efficiently ran business.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityDecember 19, 2013
Working for TFCU was a dream. The company was extremely well-ran and had great employees. The benefits offered were outstanding and work was very enjoyable. The hardest part of working for TFCU was the lack of advancement I experienced. The employees make TFCU a great place to work.
Pros
strong public admiration, great workers
Cons
slow advancement
A well structured company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 4, 2016
TFCU has a great training program and they offer opportunities for their employees to succeed. I enjoyed working there, but decided to seek employment elsewhere.
Help members with their finacial needs
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 5, 2013
Great company to work for. Compensation is excellent. Various ways to earn extra money through good customer surveys, contests, and overtime during busy days. Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have helped eased a person's money woes.
Pros
compensation
They provide good benefits but the job can be demanding/stressful at times.
Lending (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 29, 2014
They are very by the book. They have high expectations of their employees but reward them accordingly.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sometimes common sense gets lost in the the bureaucratic process.
Great place to start a career.
Adjustor II (Legal) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OkSeptember 1, 2015
This is a great organization for budding careers, almost like a launching pad of some sort. The work environment can be friendly, but the tone of a department or branch may vary depending on the way it is managed.
Amazing company to work for in regards to values, ethics & experience.
Administrative Assistant to Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2013
A typical day consists of reports, reviews and scheduling for management and team. Co-workers and management are great to work for and along-side. Perpetual learning is always encouraged and produces great knowledge that can be applied in many scenarios. The most tedious part of the job are certain reviews - although they are very necessary. The most enjoyable aspect of working with this institution is the sincerity we have in our service towards making our members experience with a financial institution enjoyable and the programs we have to assist them in their personal financial situations. The worst part of this job is the pay (although better than most in equivalent financial institutions) and the shortage of employees we need to be more efficient.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2013
Good place to work. It stays fairly busy which helps the day go by. Nice people. Only problem I had was in my interview I made it clear I wanted to go full time after a couple months of working here because I was going to be graduating. The supervisors made it seem like no problem so I went ahead and accepted the job. When the time came for me to graduate, I asked about going full time, and the position was available at the branch I worked at. The supervisor said it would take a year, but since I had experience, she would talk to HR. I got the feeling that she never really asked so finally I just had to turn in my two weeks. All of the sudden the supervisor was trying to keep me. Guess she didn't realize how serious I was. After I left, I heard the branch I worked at had a reputation of doing similar things to people.
Pros
great pay, people, and hours
Cons
some managers/ supervisors
I love my job at TFCU. Over the 13 years there I learned a lot and appreciated the advancements I got when I got them.
Branch Detail Processor/Branch Secretary (Former Employee) –  Corporate OfficesAugust 31, 2012
I went to work everyday at 8am, never had a problem staying late if needed. I was a team player and volunteered to help when needed or when I was not even asked. I like dealing with the Morale, Fundraising, Vacation, Budget and etc. I like taking on something and my manager believed in me and I was a success in what they were wanting with little or no supervision.
Pros
detailed oriented, organized, team player and willing to do what it take to get it done
Cons
do not like to miss work.
Tinker was an everchanging workplace.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 8, 2013
Tinker was a stressful place to work. The management was frustrating in always telling you what you did wrong rather then telling you you're doing something great. The best part about working there was some of my co-workers and the members. I love working with the public.
Pros
advancemnet and co-workers
Cons
management and leadership
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OKCNovember 15, 2013
Helped members with transactions and loan requests. Learned many things concerning banking regulations and how to better serve people. Management was awesome. Coworkers were great. Hardest part of the job was keeping everything in balance. Most enjoyable thing was helping people.
Productive and community based organization
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 27, 2013
Work was faced paced dealing with issues and creating new benefit plans. Management cared about employees and showed this through gestures throughout the year. The company also did a great deal to support the community which I think is important.
Tinker
Member Representative (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKDecember 19, 2014
The pay for Tinker was amazing, hours were set and followed to a tee. People there were friendly and I had an amazing boss that was directly above me. I got the chance to learn many things while working at tinker and I got to expand as a person.
Pros
tons to learn, skills
Working with the public
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moore, OklahomaJanuary 5, 2013
A typical day of work included balacing drawer, making deposits and withdrawals upon request, selling credit union services. The hardest part of the job was alo the most enjoyable and that was dealing with the public. No matter the mood, you had to deal with the public and their mood.
Pros
checking my own account daily
Cons
holidays
Productive enjoying workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2012
My typical day consisted of assisting members with account information. My co-workers were helpful and very friendly. The hardest part of the job would be the daays we experienced high call volumes.
Pros
freindlly, calm enviroment
Cons
only one 15 minute break
Fun members and employees
Teller/MSA (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 10, 2015
Very nice work environment, very nice employees, and very nice members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tinker Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2