Tioga Downs Casino Employee Reviews

You leave with a sense of pride and seeing a job well done
Lead EVS Attendant (Current Employee) –  Nichols, NYJuly 11, 2017
If you don't mind working hard this is the place to be. You will leave being able to see you have done a good job and you meet some really good people.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
I have no cons about my job.
job is about as useful as a pogostick in quicksand
Surveillance observer (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYJune 27, 2017
I worked one week in the sureillvlance observation room nothin was as the interview persons explained. training supervisor was grinin like a mule eating garlic explaining his egomanicial training methods and female director is as warm as a mother-in-law unless you are willin to reinvent the peach seed. female employee on third shift was miserable durin oriantation and i werent told until after that i cant move to other paying jobs in other parts in casino cuz some rule that keeps observers stuck in a closet without air to breath or money in pocket.
Pros
four dollar buffet for employees
Cons
workig every weekends and holidays
Great Company to work for
Surveillance (Current Employee) –  Nichols, NYJune 16, 2017
Tioga Downs is a great company to work for. They recognize and take care of their hard working employees and are very involved in the community. Management staff are helpful and accommodating. They are quick to address issues or concerns and work tirelessly to ensure that staff is well trained.
Pros
Discounts, employee development/social events
Cons
inconvenient employee parking.
Previous employee
clerical staff (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYJune 5, 2017
Tioga Downs is out in the middle of the sticks. No transportation, pay is low unless you are in management or sales. (bonuses) Make up job titles. Lots of drama. Free for all.
Pros
Free Pizza and Free Parking
Cons
Salaries, perks, pension, union, no transportation
Needs to improve working enviroment!!
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  NYApril 30, 2017
Tioga Downs was a good company to work for except for a few coworkers who loved to make drama in the department. This made for a hostile work environment; this wasn't corrected by upper management. Management allowed personal friendships to affect their business relationship with employees.
Pros
easy job, benefits
Cons
work enviroment due to drama
laid back work place
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYMarch 22, 2017
this was not a extremely wonderful place to though i have worked in worse was full of positives and negatives a lot of the time the negatives out weighed the positives.
fast
Waitress (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced because we were always busy, the co workers were very easy to work with, they made the job more fun, also the most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that its so fast paced.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Awaome work enviorment and people
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Nicols, nyJanuary 10, 2017
There is a very deverse comunity there and also fun work envioment. I liked my chef and the director as well as the owner. They are expanding so lot of advancement opportunities.
Never work in Security. Waste of time and YOUR $$$
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Security officers hadn't had a raise for three years of as 12/31/16. Last raise was .15 three years ago. Finally got recent raise but only after state raised minimum wage. If you like standing on your feet in same place for 6 hours and walking two more, working nights, weekends, holidays and no overtime pay unless u work 40 hours then this is your job.

You will spend$350 of your own money to get licenses. If you stay 6 months you get some back. They will take 10% of your pay cover licenses. You get one shirt as a "uniform ". Short sleeve at that in winter.

Do yourself huge favor. Stay away from this place
Pros
4.00 meals
Cons
No breaks other than 30 minute lunch. No drinks water etc on post
Union members receive better pay than non union.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nichols NyOctober 31, 2016
3ys without a raise. Pay not equal to years worked. If you are union the company will bribe you for the union contract to get the construction loan. If you are non union they dont care about you. Managers will bully you and criticize you if you are sick and give you points even with a doctors note. To much b.s for low pay. Also work every weekend. And holiday. No life between may - September. This place sucks.
Pros
Discounted meals, insurance, 401k
Cons
No family life, low pay, bullying is allowed. Discrimination allowed.
Tioga
Group Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Group Sales department of Tioga Downs Casino, Racing & Entertainment. I approve of the CEO and all co workers within the group
Good work experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYMarch 12, 2016
Good place to work if you are looking for a great experience and want to learn a lot. I took a lot of information with me when I left. Work-life balance is not the greatest but then again it is the hospitality industry and that is hard to have with almost any full time career in this industry. Met some great people!
Pros
Busy, Constantly moving, Always learning something new, Benefits, Meeting guests
Cons
Hours, Communication between management wasn't always the easiest, Time off-Vacation/PTO
Not a good place to work!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYFebruary 15, 2016
i worked at tioga downs for about a year and a half and it was not a good experience. some days were great others not so much. it seemed for me that after my one year mark things went down hill for me. everything I said or did was wrong and I was being written up for anything. my co-workers were great! I made some great friends that will last a lifetime but the management not so much. I don't know how many times I cried on my way to work because I just didnt want to be there, even when I put a smile on my face and had a great attitude it still wasn't good enough. nothing was ever good enough. I do not recommend anyone work there.!!
Pros
discounted bar and buffet meals.
Cons
management, the way the company is run
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYAugust 4, 2015
worked as a security officer on the gaming floor of the casino. Typical night consisted of standing at post and the occasional patrols.
Pros
Discount lunch/dinners
Cons
Poor hours, management was unable to control any type of situation.
Nice place to start your career in the gaming industry
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Nichols, NYDecember 18, 2014
Busy days usually dealing with guests and employees, I learned patience with customers and co-workers, the management was good overall, most of my co-workers enjoyed their jobs, the hardest part of my job was dealing with guest complaints, the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the guests and making them happy.
Pros
paid vacation time
Cons
working on holidays
work environment
Main Banker/ Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nichols, NYDecember 5, 2014
Tioga Downs is a fast paced work place. During the summer we host live harness racing 3 day a week and many summer concerts.
all department work together when needed. The company does try to include family but as this a NY State Lottery company it is hard to do that.
Nice Place overall to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYDecember 7, 2012
Nice place to work, friendly environment, good people, Management was very friendly and outgoing, open to suggestions, Working overnights was very difficult..
Pros
discounts, raises, healthcare
Cons
overnights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tioga Downs Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7