Tioga Downs Casino Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYFebruary 15, 2016
i worked at tioga downs for about a year and a half and it was not a good experience. some days were great others not so much. it seemed for me that after my one year mark things went down hill for me. everything I said or did was wrong and I was being written up for anything. my co-workers were great! I made some great friends that will last a lifetime but the management not so much. I don't know how many times I cried on my way to work because I just didnt want to be there, even when I put a smile on my face and had a great attitude it still wasn't good enough. nothing was ever good enough. I do not recommend anyone work there.!!
Pros
discounted bar and buffet meals.
Cons
management, the way the company is run
Tioga
Group Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Group Sales department of Tioga Downs Casino, Racing & Entertainment. I approve of the CEO and all co workers within the group
Nice Place overall to work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYDecember 7, 2012
Nice place to work, friendly environment, good people, Management was very friendly and outgoing, open to suggestions, Working overnights was very difficult..
Pros
discounts, raises, healthcare
Cons
overnights
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nichols, NYAugust 4, 2015
worked as a security officer on the gaming floor of the casino. Typical night consisted of standing at post and the occasional patrols.
Pros
Discount lunch/dinners
Cons
Poor hours, management was unable to control any type of situation.
Nice place to start your career in the gaming industry
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Nichols, NYDecember 18, 2014
Busy days usually dealing with guests and employees, I learned patience with customers and co-workers, the management was good overall, most of my co-workers enjoyed their jobs, the hardest part of my job was dealing with guest complaints, the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the guests and making them happy.
Pros
paid vacation time
Cons
working on holidays
work environment
Main Banker/ Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nichols, NYDecember 5, 2014
Tioga Downs is a fast paced work place. During the summer we host live harness racing 3 day a week and many summer concerts.
all department work together when needed. The company does try to include family but as this a NY State Lottery company it is hard to do that.

2.8