Tip Top Poultry Employee Reviews

Training
Fleet & Safety Manager, Yard Jockey Lead (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 11, 2018
Great place to learn. Excellent people, nice environment, it stinks but it is the poultry business. I would love to stay but the pay is lower than most places
N/a
D-bone packout (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJanuary 3, 2018
it was great working there ,met new people and enjoyed the position i had. i learned how to stack pallets, management was treated right.
hardest part of job was working over some days
Very productive and fast pace
Qrovac (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 16, 2017
very intense as far as your body but will get use to everything after a while just a rough start has cool and friendly people to work with. they have a huge breakroom and are offer breaks often
Pros
discount on product
Cons
ware and tare on the body
Busy fast paced environment
Quality Assurance(QA)tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 20, 2017
A typical day on the job is making sure no one on the lines are allowing bad birds to roll through to production where they are packaged and hauled off to consumers.
very understanding management that is willing to go the extra mile .
Rehang (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 15, 2017
Management was very concerned with well being and understanding of employee needs. Paid vacation was offered immediately ache probationary period. There is definite room for advancement.
Pros
good hours
Cons
hot work environment
It's was a quick pass environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 13, 2017
It was a learning experience and fun place to work but the management needs help and they should pay more. I would have stayed if they paid more and gave more hours
debone packout
debone packout (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GANovember 6, 2017
Started with takeing a group video test in orientation and if you answered wrong you did not get the chance to try to correct your answer and once I got hired they put me I a debone packout position stacking 30 pound boxes which I found that to be simple could of done that all day then they switched me over to some bagging chicken position which can get backed up and cause chicken to go everywhere and you can't slow down or stop the process and you wind up looking like the bad guy well that stuff kept happening to me so I got Fed up and walked off the job they should redesign that particular machine at the bagging station and design it to where the machines can fill and bag the chicken anyway wish they kept me stacking boxes permanently instead of putting in a spot where your set up for failure.
Pros
most of the staff is very kind
Cons
machines that need to be re designed
no comment
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 14, 2017
would not advise anyone to work here...Pay is less than what you should make based on the job you do..People have worked there over 20 years and make the same as an entry level position.
Stressful
2nd Shift Lead Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 3, 2017
Tip Top for many years have underpaid there employees simply because they started hiring people out of prison and half way houses and paying them below minimum wage. It was a very dangerous and stressful job wondering who would be fighting at break time daily.
They do not live up to what they preach
Pack out (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAOctober 3, 2017
Just stay far away from this company as far as possible you do not need to waste your time it is a chicken processing plant in the company does not care about you as a person they do not care about your personal needs they do not care about your family all they care about is you being a body on their assembly line Point Blank.
Pros
Non
Cons
Just stay away.
No too much challenge for a technician
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 3, 2017
Learned about compressors to produce cold temperatures for freezers, worked on freezer electronic control doors and performed Siemens VFD's installation for high HP motors and water pumps.
Great learning experiance
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 1, 2017
Good job.I learned how to do something new in life like cut chicken.Hardest part of job was learning how to cut chicken the correct way.Most enjoyable part going on breaks and seeing the people
Fun work place after you get the hang of it
Oven room (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 20, 2017
Best part of the job are the people u work with and your area/section. You can easily make friends to make the wrok place more comfortable to work for you and others.
Pros
Good amount of time on break
Cons
Very strict
Christian based poultry dicing plant
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 12, 2017
Tip Top Poultry is a family-owned and operated business headquartered in Marietta, Ga. The company supplies poultry-related products for the retail, food service, industrial and export markets. It is one of the largest baking and stewing hen marketers in the United States. Tip Top Poultry debones fowl, and sells raw and boneless products to prepared food manufacturers. The company also supplies cooked, pulled and diced chicken meat for use in soups, salads, meat pies, baby food and other dishes. It provides cooked chicken broth, fat and chicken skin, and raw deboned chicken meat and ground chicken. Tip Top Poultry conducts inspections for its chickens for maintaining their quality.
Pros
Over-time
a job
LOADER ,COOKER,SANITATION (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJuly 11, 2017
I didn't like tip top very much but I did my job the best I could got along with everyone around me and in the end I thought that it was ok place to work
ok
Chiller Operator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 3, 2017
tiptop is not a good place to work. i had a very bad experience with the supervisor. they are professional at all. the benefits are great though. the work hours sucks.
Good
Debone loading (Former Employee) –  RockApril 27, 2017
It was was good experience working there learning things about raw chicken how it its cooked and who uses the product. I had great workers I was working with.
Enjoyed responsibilities, good boss
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 1, 2017
Tip-Top was a decent place to work, but the salary did not meet the job responsibility. I learned valuable work experience, Management was good, and easy to talk to, accomodating when they could be.
Pros
Opportunity to earn extra money
Cons
Distance from home to work
great place good peoples
Production Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAMarch 28, 2017
good place to work they are willing to give anybody a try and I like that.people was friendly and helpful.i learned the chicken production and process.Only bad thing is raw chicken.everything else is alright it was easy to learn
Pros
long break
Cons
work lots of hours
It's a job
Food Processor Marietta (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 15, 2016
A step to something better. Need more pay and better work ethics. Work hours are not guaranteed. You can work overtime. People are not happy with the pay and are looking for new employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tip Top Poultry. Our community is ready to answer.

Tip Top Poultry Reviews by Location