Tip Top Poultry Employee Reviews

Small Family owned company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Rockmart, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: live very near by so it is a very short commute.
Cons: Because of the nature of the poultry industry, have to work excessive hours in maintenance during normal holidays.
Tip Top is an excellent place to work because it is a small family owned company and everyone is treated as a member of a big family.
typical manufacturing experience with better than average management
Operator (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAJune 24, 2015
climate controlled, most of the time overtime is available, any shift required available. good honest people as management, some areas of plant hot some are a freezer.
Working for Tip Top Poultry
Packout (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Alot of gifts from the Company.
Cons: Not alot of overtime.
I enjoyed working with my co workers, and i loved my job. but as far as the payscale, If you didn't advance to a higher position in the company,you couldn't make no higher than 9.45 an hr. no matter years you work there.
My time at Tip Top Poultry
Office Clerk/Production (Former Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: we got paid weekly
Cons: it was very hard work.
Tip Top Poultry was a very complex workplace. I enjoyed the communication i had with a very diverse group of people. Once i got promoted to Office Clerk, i enjoyed my job much more because i had more responsibilities. I think management is ok. My co-workers were mostly none english speaking yet very energetic. The hardest part of my job was standing on my feet for 8 hours a day with no rubber mat.
Job was so-so.
Forklift Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: monthly bonuses.
Cons: no benefits.
Productive and okay place to work. But could be a bit more organized. Also work is so seasonal- sometimes you may not work 40 hours per week.
Productive and clean place to work
Line Eviscerate (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: clean and friendly environment
While working with Tip Top Poultry, I have learned how to d-bone chicken, rehang, and most important inspect chickens while working next to USDA's
Pack chicken out to be shipped out
Debone Packout/ Raw Inspection (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAJanuary 4, 2015
It is a good company to work for good co workers we worked 8-12 a day and my job was good to do and work for
good job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: keep working
Cons: keep working
hard work and lots of fun an i did pack out, rehand , debone forklift and take all supply to back dock
good job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: keep working
Cons: keep working
I love Tip top
Research and Development Technician (Current Employee), Rockmart, GAMay 21, 2014
Pros: good caring people
Cons: sometimes long hours
Tip Top Poultry is a wonderful christian based company. I enjoy working for them.
A place to learn
Production and Sanitation Supervisor (Former Employee), GaJanuary 20, 2014
The heart of service at Tip Top Poultry is about giving, not getting. service means the giving of ourselves to meet the needs of others. they believe that kind of service must start at the top. Leaders at Tip Top put aside their own ambitions to serve their team members. Therefore, we empower our staff to deliver excellent service to meet the needs of our customers.
Fat room & Roll room, processing of ckn by products, cooking, and some maintenance.
Nathan Dean Bypass (Former Employee), Rockmart, GANovember 24, 2013
Pros: the pros were insurance, benefits after six months of work and a raise after ninety days.
Cons: not having enough time to report accidents.
A typical day at work was standing, boxing and stacking.
Versitility in work area, I also maintained the piping that ran
to the fat room processing machinary.
Management was friendly and informative.
Co-workers were helpful and informative.
There was nothing in my job that I considered hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with co-workers
and staff and maintaining my job performance.
Production and Sanitation Supervisor
Production Supervisor & Sanitation Manager (Former Employee), Rock Mart GANovember 16, 2013
Coordinate and Control SOP’s, GMP’S, PPE. Oversaw, Hires, trains, motivates the production of 110 direct employees, procedures and protocol, schedule planner.
Equipment experience (Macerator, Brine Mixer (ingredients), Tumblers, Polar, Spiral Oven, Pro-grill, Poli-clip, dumper, hopper, etc). Coordinate and Control Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Grinding, Brine Mixing, Stuffing, Marinated, Cooking, Ingredients Inventory, Etc. Coordinates, verify and validate with QA, and USDA to ensure plant is inspected and ready for Production. Coordinates with all departments to ensure all Master cleaning is completed as scheduled. Production and Sanitation/Procedures and Protocol, Schedule planner. Oversaw the production of 80 direct employees. Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), HACCP, OSHA, Swabs.
not a very caring place
Line leader (Former Employee), Rockmart, GASeptember 17, 2013
a typical day at work is stepping on needles. i have learned that you can not always trust your employer. the management is very poor and choose favorites. the co-workers were awesome. i loved working with everyone. the hardest part of the job was speaking with the plant manager about your concerns. the most enjoyable part was working with my team members.
Under Pay
Scale Person (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 11, 2012
The company works 40 hours plus but they not paying enough money for the hard labor.
friendly and good company
Jack driver (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 3, 2012
Pros: good people
Cons: lay off
I loved working for this company they really let me use my skills and I really advanced in the company
Average entry job
QA Lab Technician (Former Employee), Rockmart, GAAugust 30, 2012
Long days moving from one area to another and working alone for many hours each day.
A good company to work for.
Assistant Live Dock Supervisor/ Yard Driver (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 20, 2012
A competative enviroment. I enjoyed working with the people employed there.
good job security but not seem to care about employees
Maintenance - Industrial Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee), Rockmart, GAApril 19, 2012
Pros: job security
Cons: no off time
This company has strong and diversatised group of employees. They need more balance not much time to spend with family and do not really seem interested in input of employees.