Tip Top Poultry Employee Reviews

Its a good place to start working for experienced jobs
Dbone packout (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GANovember 7, 2016
It may not be the best job ever but it is great for experience fir many people will need a job like this so its always good to start somewhere its a very easy job not very hard its a fun workplace an you have so many departments to choose from it help me to understand job experience very well
Productive i liked working on sanation there and as a line production personal maintance as well
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 8, 2016
It was a good and hethy place to work and if given the chance I would work there again as well plenty of overtime great benefits I knew a lot of people that worked there as well
Pros
Communication was excellent
dangerous place for the pay(chemicals)
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 27, 2016
Start up we get suited and gloved up...we go get our chemicals and head to our various workstations...spray the machines down with high pressure hoses...before applying chemicals thru a sprayer...clean machinery...get it ready for inspection...not really a hard part just slows down around 3:30 am til 6am...I now understand the properties of Bases Akalines and Acids....my management team were pretty good...they usually came around and checked but never interfered unless there was absolute need...
Pros
work was always repetitiive...which made it simple
Cons
no availability to move up
tip top pultry is a very interesting company
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  tiptop poultry rockmart gaJuly 15, 2016
I've learned a lot about the chicken business and the people there are great and i enjoy everything but the pay,my typic al day at the job is to come in get everything ready for the first shift employees keeping and maintaining the area sanitizing everything before use
Pros
the work there is easy
Cons
the pay isnt enough
cold workpace
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2016
we loaded/unloaded trailers. pick and unpicked orders . I learned how to operate a pallet jack. management was ok co workers were helpful, we worked together as a team.
My time at Tip Top Poultry
Office Clerk/Production (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 13, 2015
Tip Top Poultry was a very complex workplace. I enjoyed the communication i had with a very diverse group of people. Once i got promoted to Office Clerk, i enjoyed my job much more because i had more responsibilities. I think management is ok. My co-workers were mostly none english speaking yet very energetic. The hardest part of my job was standing on my feet for 8 hours a day with no rubber mat.
Pros
We got paid weekly
Cons
It was very hard work.
Small Family owned company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJuly 16, 2015
Tip Top is an excellent place to work because it is a small family owned company and everyone is treated as a member of a big family.
Pros
live very near by so it is a very short commute.
Cons
Because of the nature of the poultry industry, have to work excessive hours in maintenance during normal holidays.
Fat room & Roll room, processing of ckn by products, cooking, and some maintenance.
Nathan Dean Bypass (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GANovember 24, 2013
A typical day at work was standing, boxing and stacking.
Versitility in work area, I also maintained the piping that ran
to the fat room processing machinary.
Management was friendly and informative.
Co-workers were helpful and informative.
There was nothing in my job that I considered hard.
The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with co-workers
and staff and maintaining my job performance.
Pros
The pros were insurance, benefits after six months of work and a raise after ninety days.
Cons
Not having enough time to report accidents.
Very Interesting Place of work
Stacker Operator/Scaler (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 21, 2015
Dealing with the smell was hardest for me .There wasn't no one breathing down your back.It was like work on your own type of job which I liked.
A place to learn
Production and Sanitation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GaJanuary 20, 2014
The heart of service at Tip Top Poultry is about giving, not getting. service means the giving of ourselves to meet the needs of others. they believe that kind of service must start at the top. Leaders at Tip Top put aside their own ambitions to serve their team members. Therefore, we empower our staff to deliver excellent service to meet the needs of our customers.
not a very caring place
Line leader (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GASeptember 17, 2013
a typical day at work is stepping on needles. i have learned that you can not always trust your employer. the management is very poor and choose favorites. the co-workers were awesome. i loved working with everyone. the hardest part of the job was speaking with the plant manager about your concerns. the most enjoyable part was working with my team members.
Production and Sanitation Supervisor
Production Supervisor & Sanitation Manager (Former Employee) –  Rock Mart GANovember 16, 2013
Coordinate and Control SOP’s, GMP’S, PPE. Oversaw, Hires, trains, motivates the production of 110 direct employees, procedures and protocol, schedule planner.
Equipment experience (Macerator, Brine Mixer (ingredients), Tumblers, Polar, Spiral Oven, Pro-grill, Poli-clip, dumper, hopper, etc). Coordinate and Control Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Grinding, Brine Mixing, Stuffing, Marinated, Cooking, Ingredients Inventory, Etc. Coordinates, verify and validate with QA, and USDA to ensure plant is inspected and ready for Production. Coordinates with all departments to ensure all Master cleaning is completed as scheduled. Production and Sanitation/Procedures and Protocol, Schedule planner. Oversaw the production of 80 direct employees. Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), HACCP, OSHA, Swabs.
Working for Tip Top Poultry
Packout (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co workers, and i loved my job. but as far as the payscale, If you didn't advance to a higher position in the company,you couldn't make no higher than 9.45 an hr. no matter years you work there.
Pros
Alot of gifts from the Company.
Cons
Not alot of overtime.
good job security but not seem to care about employees
Maintenance - Industrial Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 19, 2012
This company has strong and diversatised group of employees. They need more balance not much time to spend with family and do not really seem interested in input of employees.
Pros
job security
Cons
no off time
typical manufacturing experience with better than average management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJune 24, 2015
climate controlled, most of the time overtime is available, any shift required available. good honest people as management, some areas of plant hot some are a freezer.
The smell
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAAugust 26, 2015
I like the job, but the smell is the worse part about the job. The smell is the don fall of the job, and the pay is not as good for the amount of wok you have to do.
smell
Productive and clean place to work
Line Eviscerate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
While working with Tip Top Poultry, I have learned how to d-bone chicken, rehang, and most important inspect chickens while working next to USDA's
Pros
Clean and friendly environment
Job was so-so.
Forklift Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Productive and okay place to work. But could be a bit more organized. Also work is so seasonal- sometimes you may not work 40 hours per week.
Pros
Monthly bonuses.
Cons
No benefits.
I love Tip top
Research and Development Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAMay 21, 2014
Tip Top Poultry is a wonderful christian based company. I enjoy working for them.
Pros
Good caring people
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Pack chicken out to be shipped out
Debone Packout/ Raw Inspection (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJanuary 4, 2015
It is a good company to work for good co workers we worked 8-12 a day and my job was good to do and work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tip Top Poultry. Our community is ready to answer.

Tip Top Poultry Reviews by Location