Tire Discounters Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 11, 2017
Its a good tire company to work fir and shop at skilled technician friendly management good benefits room for improving yourself as a tech and improving your position and pay
Incompetent upper management
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INSeptember 6, 2017
Long, unnecessary hours. I learned how not to run a company, I did not meet one happy employee in my time there. Management at store level is pretty good, upper management is severely lacking. Overall I was able to work well with my fellow employees, usually laid back.
A fun work place changing Tires.
Cheapies tires (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 4, 2017
I got great work time experience and I got great experience with tires. And we got a 30 min lunch break. The manager was a very nice man to get along with.
Pros
Yes we got free lunches
Cons
Short lunch breaks and yes he had healthcare insurance
It was a fast pace work environment
Tire and Lube Express Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 20, 2017
We did brakes, oil changes, engine work, tires, transmission work, and rear ends. It was a team environment and we did a speedy job at it. We also did alignments.
Pros
It was an outside job mainly
Cons
no ac
Very fast pace and rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 11, 2017
Great company and overall outlook into the business and demands. Employees will be rewarded as they advance and communication internally is second to none.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Lunch breaks/hours
Amazing company
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 10, 2017
worked there for a month before getting my first 2 promotions. and i as well on my way to being promoted up 2 levels when i left due to personal reasons
Pros
plenty of opportunity, commission on top of base hourly
Cons
the weather affected the temperature in the shop
Great Place for Hard Workers
Employee (Current Employee) –  CincinnatiJune 26, 2017
Genuine focus to do the right thing for employees and customers. It's a fast paced company that is growing. Opened several new stores last year and more opening this year. Free training to advance in your job for more pay, guaranteed base pay plus commissions. If you show you want to advance, it will be noticed. No Sunday work.
Pros
Good pay and free training.
Cons
Make sure communication gets delivered the same for everyone. Sometimes there is confusion.
Can do better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJune 2, 2017
7 AM to 7 PM 6 days a week just to get a barely usable income. Culture could be much better and compensation and commission needs a overhaul. NTB's compensation is a bit better.
Once an Excellent Employer, Serious Growing Pains may Cost this company it's autonomous life.
Service Manager, Sales Manager, Tech (Former Employee) –  Tire Discounters, Louisville KYMay 18, 2017
I Loved Tire Discounters, and I don't want to speak badly of them as a whole, but the growing pains they are suffering as a result of rapid growth and a shift towards policy-focused management oversight are crippling TD's ability to be care for it's employees, and most importantly, it's customers. I believe the company may come through this point in it's growth intact, and i hope very much that it does, as TD can be an amazing company to have a career at, and was an absolute joy in my life for most of the 5 years I was employed. However, the current issues the company faces deteriorated to the point of being unhealthy work conditions in many employee's cases. Feel free to ask me if you'd like to discuss further.
Pros
fast-paced, always something different to see and learn!
Cons
Management policy shift is causing work conditions to be strenuous, in some cases dangerous.
Close to home
Tire Technician level 2 (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 15, 2017
Management was OK, hours were all over the place, schedule was not good. I would for example go in at 11 AM & work until 7 PM, on Wednesday - then turn around and come in at 7:30 AM the next morning, then I was hired as full time - but never made even 30 hours!!!! Service manager would make out the schedule - then the store manager would completely change it, so the employees didn't know what to expect at all.
Pros
Do my own work
Cons
Hours, schedule, money.
all work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OH 45246May 10, 2017
as a tech you have the opportunity to make good money, but you are expected to work open to close and every saturday , so no family life is to be expected.
Pros
nice pay scale is u have ASE
Cons
schedule
Not the best place to be
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2017
Company started off well. During growth, pay scale changed ultimately lowering pay for all salaried personnel from field team down. Do not recommend
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Hours, work balance, upper managment seems lost
it was easy going workplace
tire technician (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 31, 2017
it was a laid back work environment, I enjoyed being back around cars and trucks. it was all knew growing up. the only thing I didn't enjoy was the pay being only $9.00 an hr can't really make a living
OK job fast past go for starting off
TT5 (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 18, 2017
It's a OK job to get your foot in the door if you want to work with tires and brakes do a lot of cleaning up a lot is expected out of you most have people skills and be willing to work with people you may not like
ok place to work
B-Tech (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 9, 2017
I like working with my employers. They have become like family to me. I have met some really nice customers and hope to still have them has friends once I find me a descent paying job.
Pros
Cons
breaks
Do not recommend
Master tire technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 27, 2017
Bad work environment and corrupt from the top down. I was involved in a situation where I informed my upper management about some one stealing from the company and because I was low on the totem pole I was pushed under the rug and left because of this.
Good bonus compensation
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 26, 2017
I learned a lot about tires and brands.
It was a great time working with team players and being competitive.
The hardest part of this job was that I had long hours and no lunch breaks. we ate while we worked
Pros
Potential to move up, busy store
Cons
healthcare, long hours
Dealership with Good work Crew.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 26, 2017
Great Learning environment with good techs and lots of work.
Service writers had a small group of techs that the feed the good work hence the reason for my leaving.
general manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Independent company which can be good and bad. Upper management is involved with day to day operations but that does not mean things move more efficiently. No work/life balance
Pros
good reward programs, new equipment
Cons
too many hands in the cookie jar
Great consistent work flow
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 18, 2016
Great co-workers and no shortage of work to be done. Can be trained from within the company and some work incentives. You don't have to have automotive experience to apply

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tire Discounters. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5