Tire Kingdom Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced, auto shop for tires and oil changes.
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2016
It was a hard day at work 90% of the time and the other 10% we stood around cleaning the shop because no one came in. Mostly when we were working it was underneath cars changing the dirty oil/worn out tires or inspecting what was wrong with it so we could write it down in the inspection sheet and give it to the managers. They could in turn then tell the customer all about their car.
Pros
working with cars all day/ not having to shave your beard.
Cons
constant work or nothing all day, also hazardous environment.
Sweatshop with Little Growth
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2016
You work an 8 hour day, 30 mins for break. You're a GS, and have 4-8 tickets on the board with ridiculously short due times, no help in the shop, and don't get paid nearly enough. You're making $9/hr while working 50+ hours a week, with 2 new guys who know NOTHING about cars so you're basically doing the work yourself. They say "Promote from within" but outsource 90% of the "Technician A and B". Definitely not a good company to work for UNLESS you want to get your foot in the door and slave for $9/hr for 2-3 years with no raise, or just want a nice little experience for your resume.
Pros
Experience for resume
Cons
Hours, Pay, No help, Ridiculous Due Times
a typical day
Sales person/field trainer (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 3, 2016
TBC / Tirekingdom is a great place to work . It does have its challenges through out the work week . Being short handed in the back shop , so at times its hard to get the cars out on time . Dealing with TSA at the airports also has its ups and downs .
Pros
The advancements
Cons
heath care coverage, 401k plans keep changing
Horrible company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 11, 2016
Full of lies, under pay, this company used to be good. As of the last few years major changes in upper and middle management. No longer a US company, owned by TBC corp who is owned by a Japan based company call Sumitomo, which promote under pay and long hours. Self serving company, they do not give raises. They hire inexperienced people so they don;t have to paid for quality personnel. They don't paid their mechanics enough, that why their quality of work is substandard. This company should only be used for their cheap oil changes, their free inspection and free alignment checks are a joke. Rest assure EVERY car needs everything. There will stats to try to convince you that work is need when it really is not. This is a buyer beware company...
Pros
Cheap oil changes
Cons
Everything else
I learned a lot while working at TBC
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2016
We started with ADP and then changed over to SAP.
It was a learning experience.
All of the Managers and Supervisors were very knowledgeable, it was a team experience.
I enjoyed the interaction of solving payroll issues.
Productive and easy going
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 20, 2015
A typical day working for Tire kingdom was very productive and detailed. Need to stay organized and detail on the work you perform. Able to manager at least six employees and take care of customer at the same time cause they are the number one priority. While taking care of those fields you would have to complete assignments with outside vendors always coming in and having to file the detailed work.
Pros
Everyone gets along and company works well with your needs
Cons
Not many negatives just to many hours I was having to work which was taking away from my family
District team leader unhelpful
Store Manager- District team leader (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 8, 2016
Many years ago this was a great company-District team leader unhelpful & unfriendly. Still some great people that work there
good company
service manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2015
was a good company to wor for , overlooking day to day operations of the shop and making sure of customer satisfaction, long hours of work with the whole team , as part of the management keeping the team to work as one
Pros
good enviroment
The Company never gave raises to their Employees
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FlOctober 25, 2015
I worked there for quite awhile, not once did any of the Employees get a raise. This company hard a very difficult time keeps their valued employees.
Great place to work.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLNovember 28, 2015
Great place to work. Accommodating for people with families or needing time off for personal means. New experience every day.
good place to work for,it would be better if they would promote within the company
automotive tech (Former Employee) –  scJuly 2, 2015
is a good place to work at but the pay is not good enough for an experienced tech,its more like a oil changes and tire change place,the guy that knows nothing about car repairs makes more money than the automotive tech and that is the hard part of that job
Pros
they will work with you around your schedule
Cons
pay dont pair with experience
would not recommend tire kingdom for long term employment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 22, 2015
average work week for manager 60 to 70 hrs per week. If daily goals were not met manager must work open to close in his store. 7am to 8pm. if monthly goals are not met manager to work open to close 6 days per week. Total miss use of salary position. Constant threat of termination if daily goals are not met. Termination of most managers and service managers within 1 to 2 years. Constant hiring of new managers and service managers at lower salaries. Terminations are stated as poor customer service since lack of sales could not be used.
Pros
good insurance but costly
Cons
as stated in review.
Fun nice people stay busy
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2015
Like the people,some of mgm was all about the money not the customers needs.Had most of new equipment.I liked working there.
Pros
THEY BOUGHT PIZZA ON FRIDAYS
Cons
YELLING AT US TO HURRY UP
Fun and competetive environment
Master Tire Technician/Floating Salesman (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 3, 2015
I never thought this would give me the experiences that I recieved. I started as a tire technician, learning the trade and taking advantage of the many training opportunities given by the company and product manufacturers. We had many contests that kept us competitive, and kept the job fun, which in turn taught us efficiency. I worked my way up to Floating Salesman, first in the store I started in, then was given the opportunity to travel between all the stores in my district. I experienced different customer types, along with different management styles, which gave me a flexibility that I would take with me in future endeavors.
Pros
Experience
Cons
in the end, compensation
Very boring unprofessional
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLOctober 6, 2015
Started at one store just to be moved to another store for a "promotion" that still made me the same amount of money even with out the promotion
productive and fun work environment.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 20, 2016
typical day at work was not only coming to work and seeing your fellow associates but seeing friends. As someone with management experience I can tell you there will always be a boss and employee status and regardless the employee will do what they are told.
But I always took the approach of treating my guys the same way I would anyone else, and that is with respect. I would not tell my associates to do anything I wouldn't be by their side doing myself.
Tire kingdom was always more than a job to me, it was a home.
The customers were more like friends and family, coming in talking to you by name. That is the way a business should be run. Customers giving you that kind of trust will only better your business or company in growing into something more than you can imagine.
The hardest part of the job I would have to say was seeing those rare customers come in and no matter what you do what you offer nothing is good enough for them. I just don't understand how someone can wake up and just be that way and feel okay with themselves. Maybe I see it more because I'm on the other side of the counter. The most enjoyable part of the job honestly.....was being there.
Thanks for the years of wonderful experience.
Pros
friendly employees, great management.
Cons
poor pay to techs
company tryed to with hold pay
Master Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 28, 2015
the management personal were not very honest they would try to with hold payment for work already performed i would not recommend this company
Pros
good hourly
Cons
stoled from tech
Good place to work, great employees, good training.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
My experience at Tire Kingdom was an asset to any company I will work for in the future. The technical training taught me how to use different computer programs and valuable education with customer service.
Pros
commission pay
Cons
Health care plan
A long thankless day...........
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North FloridaMarch 31, 2015
A typical day starts you up at 5am and you will arrive by 6 and work till 6pm. Most managers are disgruntled by the negative changes in their compensation program. They claim to be an internal promoter but have recruited externally for the past year.
The hardest part of the job is recruiting employees due to the poorly designed compensation program for shop employees.
Pros
Good Medical Benefits
Cons
50-60 hour work week min.
ok
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  orlando flAugust 23, 2015
ok place to work for up coming mechanics with little to know on the job experience. good place for lube and tire techs to make ok money