TIRES PLUS TOTAL CAR CARE Employee Reviews

Good place to start working
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PASeptember 30, 2017
It's a good place to work for kids that are just starting in the field To get experience and start working on cars. Good place to work I'f you want to start in the automotive industry.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not enough time for growth
Decent place to work if you work to live
General service technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 22, 2017
It's a good starter job. Not something one can put in as a career . Great place to work would recommend having a fast paced set of standards. Not a place for the faint of heart.
Fun and always doing something different!
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 2, 2017
I started as a lube technician and advanced my way to assistant store manager within about a year and a half. The work was very hard as a technician but as a salesman it was more my cup of tea.
Pros
Bonuses and commission in sales
Cons
only hourly pay as a technician
still here at tire plus
guess (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2017
most of the employees are young under 30 at least 90% which leads to young undeveloped minds with a maturity issue at times

Great training offered great benefits..... went to the orientation Tire Plus benefits offer more benefits than I thought.

If you need automotive service advisor experience I would endorse this organization to start at....Heard of serval long term success stories

Pay? comes down to perception and.... the only one that counts is the one cashing the check ? Sell a ton... or find a paperboy to cash your check

Managers for the most are trained and can apply skills set that are needed and some well...................

Mirror ...Mirror on the wall.....at the end of the year of employment I'm the best trained service advisor

If you have never did a cheer you will
Pros
training for service advisor ..or retail sales assoicate
Cons
some staff are extremely imature
Don't bother
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2017
Don't waste your time, overworked under payed. No family time, it's all about the dollar. Clueless store manager that can not sell so gives everything away. Install 2nd rate parts and when they fail you get to do it again for free.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many
Watch out for your check
Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 29, 2017
This company sucks. They can't even give you your paycheck on the right day. I set up direct deposi, didn't receive my check, then recieved two pay cards, still they both didn't haven't check, I called the store to see if it was there and it wasn't. Still waiting on that check
Mediocre Job
Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 7, 2017
This career path as a Mechanic should not include tires plus. They are a good place to build skills and work on different vehicles but most of the time you will be paid hourly with commission which is actually a double bogey scheme and in turn does not affect your pay check at all. You would easily make more money at a dealership with less responsibilities. They, like anywhere else have their up's and down's so I will keep my personal feelings and opinions out of it and just leave you with the fact that I have been there over a year now and have seen 7 people come and go because it is not a well paid place to work with these back woods benefits. I can not even use my insurance at places I know. If I have any issues then I would have to go to some no name physician.
Fun and friendly and easy going at Tires Plus
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 5, 2017
I learned anything and everything about tires. It's a great experience for being 17 years old. The Staff is friendly and easy going and willing to work with u.
Pros
Reasonable timed lunch. 30 mins to an hour
Cons
Old Machines
opening or closing
Class B Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 1, 2017
opening to three oil changes and tires or closing getting rushed to preform the last oil change. sometimes brakes cv axles but most the time oil and tires..
Pros
other techs
Cons
putting up 100-300 tires by my self every week
If your looking to move up look somewhere else
Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
The pay is not very good and if your good at the job they start you in you can forget about moving up. That doesn't benefit them if their best gs moves up to a b or c tech. Also you have to pretty much beg for a raise. They are also bad about only feeding their a techs, and everyone else suffers for it.
Great job.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNDecember 30, 2016
Good people and great place to work.Learned alot of new stuff and learned new skills that help out in other jobs.Team work is good to get the job done and it helps getting it done faster.
great management and great safety
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2016
a typical day at work for tires plus was great the employees where always friendly customers where always satisfied i learned a lot about auto mechanics in general and also a lot about how to deal with customers the hardest part of the job for me was the learning how to manage the new stock of parts coming in each week the easiest part for me was dealing with customers . all in all i enjoyed my time working for the company and i do not regret working for them and encourage people who are considering working for tires plus to take the job.
Pros
staff was always willing to help.
Cons
extremely hot in the shop.
Promotions given to friends only not based on knowledge or skill
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  metro atlanta areaOctober 22, 2016
When you get hired they promise you there are opportunities for advancement. You work harder than everyone else in you possible even those above you. You have to fight to get promoted watching people that are less knowlegeable and capable get promoted ahead of you even thought corporate visitors tell you that they wished they had a machine to clone you. You speak up about several unfair situations you witness in you store they unexpectedly get transfered to failing location with no explaination.
Making money selling tires!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 16, 2016
I am learning a lot about the way automotive business is handled. I am learning a lot about cars and tires. I get paid weekly.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Compensation
Good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Good company bad actitud from the Distric manager no respect for the employer need to change the human mentality and focus more training and customer service
Fun job great place to start out at as a mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCSeptember 2, 2016
Very fun job pay not the best but you do have the ability to move up if you put in the work for it. They will send you to get all your training and they pay you for it. If you are a beginner at this you will love this place.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Pay isn't the best
Aaaaah it's a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2016
It's decent place to work, nothing against the company as to me wanting to leave. Even though they will say it's about the customers and that it's none pressure sales..... when really it's why didn't you sell that set of 4 tires!!!!! Management is the cause for me wanting to move on.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
management is bad.
Ok job if you expect to be there forever
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 3, 2016
Unless you plan on being a mechanic for the rest of your life It is a horrible place to work. the pay is minimum and they expect you to rush with everything. Oil changes should only take 10 minutes and then they dont care if you actually check the car.
Pros
experience
Cons
everything else
it's ok
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2016
If you ever need help, anyone would always help. the hardest part is to do things fast and done right without the manager keep rushing you. All the co-workers were all great to work with.
Company is a joke
Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 28, 2016
I have worked in both private and corporate shops and Tires Plus is by far the worst overall. Do you enjoy free time? Like to spend time with family and friends? Forget it working there. They will ship you wherever they like ( if you don't accept the transfer you can kiss your job goodbye). Pay is mediocre. Technicians are generally mediocre. Upper management is a bunch of crabby, stressed out, over the hill, washed up, riding the wave to either a promotion or retirement so you are nothing more than a number to them. Other than that, I can say one positive thing about the company; I am glad I do not work for them anymore.
Pros
Discount on tires
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIRES PLUS TOTAL CAR CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8