TIRES PLUS TOTAL CAR CARE

TIRES PLUS TOTAL CAR CARE Employee Reviews

Great job.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNDecember 30, 2016
Good people and great place to work.Learned alot of new stuff and learned new skills that help out in other jobs.Team work is good to get the job done and it helps getting it done faster.
great management and great safety
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2016
a typical day at work for tires plus was great the employees where always friendly customers where always satisfied i learned a lot about auto mechanics in general and also a lot about how to deal with customers the hardest part of the job for me was the learning how to manage the new stock of parts coming in each week the easiest part for me was dealing with customers . all in all i enjoyed my time working for the company and i do not regret working for them and encourage people who are considering working for tires plus to take the job.
Pros
staff was always willing to help.
Cons
extremely hot in the shop.
Promotions given to friends only not based on knowledge or skill
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  metro atlanta areaOctober 22, 2016
When you get hired they promise you there are opportunities for advancement. You work harder than everyone else in you possible even those above you. You have to fight to get promoted watching people that are less knowlegeable and capable get promoted ahead of you even thought corporate visitors tell you that they wished they had a machine to clone you. You speak up about several unfair situations you witness in you store they unexpectedly get transfered to failing location with no explaination.
Making money selling tires!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 16, 2016
I am learning a lot about the way automotive business is handled. I am learning a lot about cars and tires. I get paid weekly.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Compensation
Good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Good company bad actitud from the Distric manager no respect for the employer need to change the human mentality and focus more training and customer service
Fun job great place to start out at as a mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCSeptember 2, 2016
Very fun job pay not the best but you do have the ability to move up if you put in the work for it. They will send you to get all your training and they pay you for it. If you are a beginner at this you will love this place.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Pay isn't the best
Aaaaah it's a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2016
It's decent place to work, nothing against the company as to me wanting to leave. Even though they will say it's about the customers and that it's none pressure sales..... when really it's why didn't you sell that set of 4 tires!!!!! Management is the cause for me wanting to move on.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
management is bad.
Ok job if you expect to be there forever
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 3, 2016
Unless you plan on being a mechanic for the rest of your life It is a horrible place to work. the pay is minimum and they expect you to rush with everything. Oil changes should only take 10 minutes and then they dont care if you actually check the car.
Pros
experience
Cons
everything else
it's ok
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 24, 2016
If you ever need help, anyone would always help. the hardest part is to do things fast and done right without the manager keep rushing you. All the co-workers were all great to work with.
Company is a joke
Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 28, 2016
I have worked in both private and corporate shops and Tires Plus is by far the worst overall. Do you enjoy free time? Like to spend time with family and friends? Forget it working there. They will ship you wherever they like ( if you don't accept the transfer you can kiss your job goodbye). Pay is mediocre. Technicians are generally mediocre. Upper management is a bunch of crabby, stressed out, over the hill, washed up, riding the wave to either a promotion or retirement so you are nothing more than a number to them. Other than that, I can say one positive thing about the company; I am glad I do not work for them anymore.
Pros
Discount on tires
Cons
Everything else
good work place
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMarch 2, 2016
Good people to work with,Great community.overal fun work day,Kept busy and worked hard,wasnt really a hard part about the job.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
not bad pay
Great Place to work
Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 22, 2016
Tires Plus is a fast paced environment which always presents it fair set of challenges. A company that you can advance in by putting your best foot forward and producing good quality work. Enjoyed working with the company that valued its employees and had a family like atmosphere.
All the company is worried about is making money
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 11, 2016
A poor choice to work for. The company is more worried about make money than taking care of the customer. The co-worker were a great bunch of guys
Pros
Cons
Want you to sale thing they do not need
productive work place
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 3, 2015
provide customers with correct estimates for vehicle maintenance and repair, provide different options for payment, manage team for correct vehicle repair and maintenance, coach team to daily goal success
small community focused garage with small staff that dont always get along
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2015
For the most part I really liked my job, there is always friction at work places and the smaller the staff usually the more friction one would experience. most of the co workers are ok. Usually the work environment was laid back and fun, but if one person had an attitude or a personal problem and their work was lacking the motivation or the drive to accomplish it everyone else suffered too having to work harder to make up for the deficiency and most of the managers never tried to help out or handle the situation.
Pros
wide variety of auto work not just oil changes and tires
Cons
usually short staffed and not much flexability in hours hard to get days off that you need
Fun place to work super fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLOctober 25, 2015
Super fast Paced, you really need to keep up with everyone and everything. The management that was at my store was amazing, the people in the area really respected my SM and the DM treated me with a high amount of respect even though I am a female which is something I did not receive at my previous job. A typical day would include me making coffee for my Store Manager first thing in the morning while he ran around and helped everyone open the store, then we got to work on everything we had to accomplish that day.
Pros
free lunches, great atmmosphere
Cons
way too fast paced for me
good experience
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2015
i went from small business to a larger one where i learned how to do tires alignments and more and customer service it help in life alot to just branch out in a different enviroment
Pros
experiance
Cons
people
Good company
Tire Technician and Installer (Former Employee) –  Winter Springs FLSeptember 21, 2015
Good company to work for with great employees and great managers, good for beginners or long term. Good atmosphere with co workers
Not good
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNAugust 21, 2015
If you like working in a place where there is favoritism for certain employees, management is spineless and rude, don't mind getting paid poorly to wreck your body, and enjoy having a monolithic corporation walk all over you while they stuff their offshore accounts and put carpet in their yachts, then you may like working here. They will do anything for the customers which means as a mechanic doing a lot of work for free. It takes forever to get machines, hoists, hose reels, oil guns, etc fixed. On a store level the managers are only worried about their bonuses and making their bosses happy. On a corporate level they talk alot but dont ever do anything unless its getting them paid.
Pros
Part discounts
Cons
Pay to use the shop, corporate overlords, employees are a dime a dozen
Decent Company to work for
Automotive Technician/GS (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2015
My review of said Company is simply this sometimes you just know when its time to move on and open the next chapter in your book

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIRES PLUS TOTAL CAR CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8