Tires Plus Employee Reviews in United States

high paced hard working enviornmet with poor pay
Parts Installer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 18, 2015
A good place to work if you know nothing about cars and are just wanting to learn. Otherwise for any technician with training, experience, or a desire to move up in pay and position this is not the job for you. You work full time or more all the time. Very few holidays off. I also had to fight for my sick pay when I had just a cold or something that was gone in a day or two and was told 3 sick days in 2 years was excessive. Management didn't care about their employee's well being just that they did what they were told and that they were there on time. Pretty much no opportunity for training or advancement unless you quit and come back or are willing to spends thousands of dollars on tools weather you can afford them or not at the wage they give you. Certifications are never recognized except for the small bonus for passing them. Previous college education means next to nothing to them. So all in all a bad place for intermediate techs.
Pros
job security, good health insurance and benifits
Cons
poor pay, long hard shifts, bad internal promotion rate/system, bad turn over rate, bad managment
fast paced enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 16, 2015
Tires plus is a fast paced work environment with competitive wages. The hardest part of my job is being able to balance many different duties as a store manager but working in customer service is enjoyable. I learned many different job duties while working for this company.
Pros
competitive wages
customer oriented
Technician - General Service, Vehicle (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLFebruary 19, 2016
it was overall a good job, just not what i was looking to do as a career. manager was considerate. and coworkers where respectable while i was working there. not sure how it is now.
great place to learn the ropes
lube and tire technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2016
Management is a little shaky but over all I would recommend them to get started in the world of the auto industry. Its hard work but worth the effort, they give you a really good chance to excel.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
easy place to get fired from if you dont get along with upper management
Productive, Caring
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 27, 2016
Drive vehicles into the bays, rotate or balance tires, change oil or batteries, sometimes possibly do alignments, Learned a lot about work safety, learned about the car lifts, learned how to do wheel alignments,
Pros
chill if nothing to do
Cons
no Cons.
Good Job
General Service / Installer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 9, 2016
Great experience meeting new people and making many friends through the years, Fun environment to work in and Free Movies. It got busy at times but had a good staff to work through it.
It is a fun place to work
Quick line Tech (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2016
I just wish the general service tech can get paid more to live. It is a great place to work. There is room to grow but nothing is really happening
Pros
Get to learn things new everyday
Cons
not a long lunch brake
Fun place to work, great co-workers
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNJune 1, 2016
Fun place to work with a great atmosphere. I get along great with all of my co-workers. The hours of operation are great too. 8 am to 6 pm.
Fun workplace
General Service / Installer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 4, 2016
It is a fun work environment. worked there when I was in high school and learned a lot. not to mention free movies and popcorn.
I am very hard worker/can train other to become better.
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNApril 7, 2016
I have no comment at this time, just looking for a new place to call home again. Tires plus have been good. No issue, just need to move on.
Great company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 18, 2016
Small enough at the time to be able to react quickly to market/customer changes yet big enough to effect the market.Focused on the customer.
Pros
Good company
I had a good Experience at Tire Plus
Auto repair technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa FLJune 19, 2015
At tires plus I had a good experience; there are people from different nationalities and cultures which makes the environment interesting. Management was good. There is always work to do but the pay rate was not bad after commissions.
Long hours, but excellent income potential
ASE Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Indian Harbour Beach, FLNovember 29, 2012
Management was really cool here. Long hours, but a consistent schedule so you can have at least a partial life outside of work. The pay plan is the best of any franchised repair facility. They are NOT a Flat Rate shop. They pay Hourly plus commission on parts and labor. There is some FREE work such as lifetime wheel balance and alignments, but those for the most part go to the GS's (general service tech). There are four levels of tech's here. GS, Parts Installer, Auto Tech, Master Tech. The shop is satisfactorily equipped. Limited advancement opportunity to management.
Pros
consistent work schedule, great pay plan, good store manager.
Cons
long hours at times.
Not a very good place to work.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, MNJune 26, 2015
Typical day includes getting to work, telling a salesperson you are there so they can punch you in, then immediately start working with no breaks or time to clean your tools or shop area until the very end of the day. Working Monday through Saturday all day. Constantly working on numerous vehicle but never able to make any billable hours because the salespersons are undercutting the mechanics billable labor hours for the sake of getting a sale, note that the salespersons make commission on parts so cutting labor hours only negatively affect the mechanic who buys his own tools to even be able to do the job but that only benefits the salespersons and ownership who are basically one in the same. tire and lube techs are not properly trained and are high school age level, oils are not what an ASE Certified or even Automotive college educated person would use. The most enjoyable part is going home until you realize you have to come back the next day to repeat.
Great job with penty of opportunities.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GeorgiaMarch 7, 2015
A typical day at work included performing basic automotive maintenance, cleaning up the shop, and various other duties. I learned many new skills working with this company. The management was fair, and hard working. Coworkers worked hard, and everyone go along with everyone else. The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. Dealing with the hold and cold can really take a tole on you. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible hours, good pay, and the benefits.
I'm sure TiresPlus is a good company...
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FL, 10361 Atlantic BlvdNovember 13, 2014
It had to have been just the particular store I worked in. The week I started there, my friend who referred me to the store quit. And within the 5 Months I've been employed at this store, roughly 7 people had been hired/fired/quit or transferred to another store. I worked really hard for 4 months at a low pay without commission. Bent over backwards and endured poor treatment for too long. Then I was fired after being harassed by another employee. Talk about unfair. There are never enough hands in the shop to handle the load because no one will stay. Enjoyed the mechanics I worked with when they were not angry about working there. The stores I was sent to train at were ran much more professionally.
Pros
learning experience, might pay you for ase certs.
Cons
poor management, job security, harassment.
good place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIJanuary 10, 2016
good place to work not the best pay the further you move up past a tech. corporate is hard on you to make there bonuses. good for someone starting out
Never a dull moment--lots of great, hardworking co-workers that are always there to help.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJanuary 13, 2015
The hardest part of the job is the long hours but if you don't mind working, this isn't all bad because there is always something to do. You don't get pressured from management unless you aren't performing. You get to further your skills, both technically and managerially. This is definitely a job where you get out of it what you put in.
Pros
excellent earning potential.
Cons
long hours.
Exciting and customer centric workplace.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
Through my experiences with Tires Plus I gained immeasurable sales and management experience. Working for the largest automotive service provider in the world allowed me management experience in many different markets. I managed up to 15 direct reports while operating a business with over 2.5 million in sales.
Pros
healthcare and 401k
Cons
retail hours
Fast paced and productive workplace
Tire Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2013
Tires Plus was flexible around my college schedule. It was a fast paced and productive. Management was excellent. My co-workers were all young men, yet, respectful and supportive of my position alongside them as a team member.
The hardest part of the job was trying to lift a 100 lb tire when I myself was only a little more than 100 lbs.
I enjoyed the flexibility offered so that I could succeed in college while getting the necessary job skills I would need for a career in the field of Automotive Service.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
minimum pay with no commission