Tires Plus Employee Reviews

good opportunities
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 21, 2017
Good learning and certification opportunities. Management wasn't ideal. Experienced employee complaints daily. The job has 30 min lunch breaks. And gets paid weekly. Great health benifits.
i thought the job was alright.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Blair, NEJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work was short i couldnt get to many hours.I learned how to air tires, check tire pressure, and use equiptment. The guy i worked for didnt ever have much to say to me.
Shouldn't happen to a dog.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 16, 2017
Be prepared to surrender everything for this job. Prior engagements, family things, etc mean NOTHING to this company. The supervisor is all about the money (name revoked to prevent publicity for him) and will work his understaffed crew straight into the ground if allowed.

The training video (the one I was allowed to watch before being thrown to the figurative wolves) said they were "friends of the worker there." or something like that. If that wasn't a bold-faced lie, then I'm Donald Duck!

Don't work there. Don't suggest a friend to work there, don't even think about getting your oil changed there, either.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management, lunch breaks are not happening, overworked, understaffed.
Great place to work if trying to get some skills and move on
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Gambrills, MDMay 18, 2017
Over work in the particular location that I work but actually wasnt a bad place to work overall but this is only my experince it depends on the people you work with and the way you carry yourself has a individual that makes the store a good location to work. I had a good time working and honestly would go back
Pros
Relax and friendly usually a good location to work
Cons
small pay and overworked
Fast paced
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNApril 28, 2017
Assembly line style mechanics with a fast pace environment. Duties include a consistent flow of oil changes, balancing wheels, changing and replacing tires. If your a head technician or mechanic then the duties increase and the work load is heavy and pay is rewarding. As a tire tech it's based on hourly pay and the duties are fairly simple.
Hardest part is getting ti grips with the machinery if never used before. Easy once you know how.
Pros
Easy going environment
Cons
Work weekends
Slave like work with great pay and benefits.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIApril 27, 2017
You can make some good money at Tires Plus and the benefits are nice, but they will work you like a slave with very little holidays off. I put in more hours and work than my store manager did, and made a considerable amount less than him with upper management doing nothing about the issue. If you can deal with having no life and the stress, its a good opportunity.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Understaffed stores, overworked, terrible management
Not all locations bad just this one
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
I started at the UCF location of Tires Plus while in school to become a technician and it was not a good place to work. The manager Will Walker is a slave driver who does not care about his employees. Every other location I went to was easy going and fun to work at I just chose the worst location to start at.
Pros
Cons
working 4 hours after we closed, even when we were awarded dinners and lunches by corporate our manager would keep it for himself.
nice place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2017
a place that I like too go back to if I need a 2nd job I did not see our had a bad time their they will help you if needed hours are very flixable and stable
interesting and changing
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 27, 2017
Days with this company varied, sometimes everyone had good days and then there is the rest of the time. favoritism is a very alive in this company and work is handed to the top and maybe passed down.
Pros
sometimes able to learn new things
Cons
work is speratic, pay is lacking for work done
fast paced never bored
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 22, 2017
great place to work, always something to do, attention to detail is key lifting cars into the air can be dangerous so if you're not detail oriented this job is not for you.
Mechanics, Management and Motoring
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 14, 2017
As a mechanic every ticket is different. Oil changes, flushes, brake jobs, license plate and tail light bulbs, transmission swaps and of course tires. You run into all sorts of issues and help people get back on the road.

Being a sales advisor is great, the programs are easy to use and the vendors are always helpful to get parts and tires delivered. Lots of teaching customers the added benefits to keep them safer, maintain their vehicle better and lengthen the longevity of their vehicles.

Management that ive dealt with were great knowledgeable people who have been in the business for years.
Pros
Team atmosphere, lots of Knowledge, great place to have your own car worked on
Cons
angry customers, cheap skates, mechanics mistakes and answering for delays
Was a excellent place to work.
Master Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 11, 2017
Was an excellent place to work. With a fair minded team.The manager of Tires Plus, went out on his own and started his own store. I went with him and worked for him until retirement, six yrs. ago.
Customers were fun to work for
Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 6, 2017
Typical work day is busy with customer service. I learned how to take care of customers, manage employees, and be a productive worker. Managing an entire store all weekend.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Customers
Great employment
ASE Student Certificates (Current Employee) –  Minot, ND 58701February 22, 2017
Great environment and understanding supervisors. Flexible scheduling and great employees. Training of employees is top notch and opportunity for advancement.
good
technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Really big company with good benefits to offer. Good environment and culture. Some long days and work every other Sunday. Offer good pay rates plus commission
na
Service/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 16, 2017
typical day is about 10 hours. we work nights, weekends, and holidays. hardest part of job beyond the fact that there is no work life balance is the upper managements endless demands for MORE.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
prefer not to include
Business owner
Service adviser (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Being in Business is the best job. Knowing you stated this Business with one employee and one store. See all that hard work is working. Growing form one store to 6 and 150 employees is a big .
Pros
Owner
Cons
Divorce
Productive & Fast Paced
Automotive Lube/Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJanuary 20, 2017
Typical day at work. Mounting and balancing tires, performing oil change services and battery replacement in a timely fashioned schedule.
fun easy going workplace with great education and career advancement
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Anthony, MNJanuary 20, 2017
i worked for this company for 5 years before they sold to corporate.
i came into this job with little experience in this field. my sales exp. gave me just enough knowledge to qualified. in the first 2 years i learned anything i could. i advnced up to assistant manager before the compny closed.
a good firm expericence
Automotive Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJanuary 17, 2017
good company with many objectives with fast paced high volume always fast and efficent always one time never missed work always stay late when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tires Plus. Our community is ready to answer.