Tishman Speyer

Tishman Speyer Employer Reviews

A great job dealing with the community
Supervisor, Recreation Department (Former Employee), LES, New York CityJuly 9, 2014
With having to maintain the numerous playgrounds (15) within the community it allowed me the opportunity to meet a lot of the residents giving it an old time neighborhood type of feel.
Basic detail to the job.
Customer Service, and Security detail (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: meeting some very interesting people
Cons: breaks were to short
It was a very interesting learning experience,some of the co-workers were very nice,there were days it was very busy. It was fun talking with people from different areas of the world,gave information to the people as best as i could to the best of my knowledge.Some times the tourist would give a little bit of a hard time but you always had to be very – more... patient and kind to them please observe the rules and if the give you a hard time just to let them know that you are following the rules and procedure of the job. Most of the managers were very helpful and nice, but over all it was a good job. – less
Kept in place with not much to do
Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 8, 2013
Since it was their first time accepting an intern, Tishman Speyer did not have much for me to do. Most of the work seemed to be a means to keep me occupied rather than to allow me to understand how building management works.
Leader in Real Estate
Investor Relations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2013
Tishman Speyer is not only a leader in what they do, but they are an amazing company to work for.
Too political to even consider a career
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: location.
Cons: poor culture. poor leadership. way too political.
Easily put...unless you kiss butt to an extreme or related to someone you will end up stuck in the worst shift until you choose to leave. No night differential. Horrible management. Sub par benefits. Too many egos to build any kind of chemistry. One of the absolute worst run places to work for. Stay far away.
Fine buildings
Property Manager (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: class-a name
Cons: little room for in-house promotion
Good learning ground for those new to the industry. The buildings are well maintained and iconic structures.
Interesting and knowledgeable.
Protection Officer (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 31, 2013
Pros: 10 sick days, 3 personal days
Cons: 100% health & dental benefits
Job entailed interaction with the general public, providing all around safety, protecting secured areas, inspecting vehicles entering building, floor inspection, coordinating fire drills. Overall job was enjoyable.
Great company to work for
Security/Deputy Fire Safety Director (Former Employee), 666 Fifth Avenue, New York, NYAugust 21, 2013
Pros: very good working environment
Cons: very demanding
Very professional working environment. They are the leading property management company who is setting the standard in the industry. Very well organized company. Co-workers are great. The job is very demanding . The benefits are very good.
good developer and fund manager
Associate, Portfolio Management (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2013
My department does a lot of analysis and reporting to investment commitee and investors
Professional office environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches every so often. all the major holidays off, including good friday. "summer fridays" where the office would close at 1:00.
Cons: quiet office.
Tishman Speyer in San Francisco is one of the top commercial real estate companies in the Bay Area. A professional company that takes care of its employees.
A typical Day
Security Guard (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2013
Typical dead end job, I am looking for a fresh start and some advancement in my life.
Intern
INTERN (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2013
Pros: i learned alot and earned class credit
Cons: i couldn't go back
Assisted in all accounting functions. From Budgets to Invoices
my review was interesting
Stationary Engineer / Fire Safety Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
it was exciting times. learning the mechanical trade and understanding the fire/ life prevention
productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Observe, monitor and report the flow of all visitors on the property
Provide appropriate access to the premises
Document and maintain all security tours and incident reports
Manage emergency situations and call in the appropriate authorities as needed
Provide protection and ensure safety for all individuals on the property
Observe and report any unlawful – more... or inappropriate activity – less
Good Environment to learn, lack of strong leadership and team chemistry
Senior Controller (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: good pay, location (close to port authority, penn station, grand central), summer hours, rewarding work
Cons: lack of growth opportunities, reduction in benefits, poor increases, overall culture
When I first began my tenure at Tishman Speyer it was at a growing subsidiary of the company. It was the perfect work environment as it had a small company atmosphere, with large company benefits.

Each year, the work environment has diminished, the benefits have been reduced and it has become an enviroment that discourages ideas, thoughts, growth and – more... insteads fosters, just DO IT and don't question.

Early on a typical day, was very productive with each member of the team working together to accomplish the tasks at hand. In accounting emergencies, rushes, and deadlines pop up all the time. But previously we were staffed to accomodate the daily grind, the emergencies and the projects. As staff leaves Tishman Speyer, they are no longer replaced but work is "REDISTRIBUTED".

Over the course of my career at TSP, I've learned about creating, managing and maintaining a budget, I learned cash flow and cash management, and with my extensive work with the IT Department, I have become a Project Manager that can see from the beginning to it's fruition a custom application(i.e. Inventory control, PO System).

My biggest concern at TS has been the recent changes in the Accounting Management teams that have led to issues in communication, team chemistry, and staff morale. My Specific Management team, is not up to speed on systems, procedures, and staff needs. As a result, what should be the job of the Management team tends to fall on me. There is a culture of just saying "YES" to whatever you are asked and being chastised when you challenge the status quo. Ultimately, you are later asked to "FIX" the problem that was created by them not listening to informed feedback.

I am a person of strong integrity, opinions and work ethic, and all of this is being squashed here now, where it wasn't before.

Overall, my co-workers are great to work with, as well as my direct reports. However, culturely as people are passed up for promotions in this nepotistic environment, there is a sense of "Just get the work done and go home" that didn't exist previously.

I enjoy the daily challenges, the projects, setting up the PO system, traveling to our regional locations and training it and now maintaining and improving it, is both fun and rewarding. I enjoy tackling an issue and coming up with a resolution successfully and researching an account to figure out what is wrong with it. The work is always rewarding even the mundane details.

The hardest part of the job, is how efforts are critized, staff is chastised out in public (yelled at, disciplined at their desks etc...), the lack of trust, and questioning of long-term loyal employees as to their integrity and work ethic. To watch people being treated poorly makes coming to work a very difficult task. – less
didnt wont to leave the company, but it went out of business, enjoyed my time enhanced my social skills
Receptionist/Security (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: free lunches and long breaks
Cons: not enough time
Wish I can continue to work there, it helped my communication skills and office management
An Iconic Location
Director of Retail Marketing, Rockefeller Center (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2012
I work in one of the most iconic locations in the world, Rockefeller Center. Being able to walk into that historic location on a daily basis and see my accomplishments is the best part of my job.
Good Company, Stressful Work Environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 12, 2012
This is great company to work for but there is not much advancement opportunity and the turn over rate for this company is high and there tend to be a lot of office politics, but they do have great company parties and events.
Empresa justa, em processo de reestruturacao no Brasil
Senior It Manager (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPOctober 17, 2012
Pros: benefícios
Cons: gestão confusa
Atuava gerindo o time de TI: desafios nos ajustes de customizacoes no ERP (protheus), implantyacao de novos programas globais (Angus - gestao de propriedades), projetos de instalacao de novos ativos de infraesterutura: catracas e PABX IP. Suporte a usuarios de obras e dos escritorios.

About Tishman Speyer

Tishman Speyer Properties lays claim to two of the most famous slices of the Big Apple -- New York City's Chrysler Building and – Read more