Tishman Speyer Employee Reviews

I learned that not only the skills for the job are important, but the political ones are important as well.
Executive Butler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2015
Serve Bkfst, lunch at the conference rooms, as well as in the private offices of the executives; review and prepare for the next day, do a quick inventory of the items that are needed, make sure that the orders are in.
Pros
Benefits and long weekends in the summer
Cons
When it rained it poured
Fun work place
Control Board Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2015
room for advancement, lots of overtime. Working at landmark does have its advantages. very good benefits. Large company with multiple locations in around NYC.
Pros
tourist enviroment landmark
Tishan Speyer
Engineer (Current Employee) –  11 West 42ndAugust 17, 2015
Overall good company to get your foot in the door. Typical day of work consists of tightening up loose ends left by daytime staff.
Management does not reward hard work you have to be "someone" to get a promotion. Co-workers are un-educated and combative with superiors. Hardest part of the day is dealing with the un-educated production of fellow staff members. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility i have to accomplish tasks at my own pace.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No Advancement
Hard working, smart people
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2015
Some of the smartest, detail-oriented people in the industry, who are also great on a personal level, making for a good working environment. A lot is expected of employees, so everyone is expected to work hard.
Great Atmosphere, great company to work for!
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - GLOBAL MANAGING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2015
A typical day would be to check the calendar to see what mtgs needed to be confirmed or added or deleted., Take phone mgs. arrange any nec. travel. Create expenses.

My favorite part of the role was planning the team outing. It was a complete surprise as to where they were going and everyone really enjoyed themselves...It was very rewarding.
Pros
Great company and the people that work there are lovely
Cons
I had to be downsized b/c of my salary
Friendly environment
Retail/ Guest Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
I enjoy working with a friendly and helpful staff on a daily basis. It makes interacting with guest so much easier. I've learned that internal guest services is just as important as external guest services.
Wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Tishman Speyer. The people that I worked for taught me so much and I learned about real estate, finances and handling all different personalities. I feel that I grew professionally and personally in this job.
Pros
people, work, culture
Cons
i was sad when this job ended.
Do what your suppose to be doing
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
It's a simple job. Show up to work and do what your suppose to be doing and treat others with respect. The ability to work overtime is good for those who need the extra income.
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Tishman Speyer is a great company to work for overall. But some of there management team can be a little shady. Management should always keep it professional.
Pros
i love working with my hands
Cons
you can get really dirty
The best of variety, comradely spirit, and excellent benefits
Property Management, Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Myself and the property manager were responsible for all management activity of this Class A property on Fifth Ave in Manhattan. A typical day included managing incoming tenant questions and concerns, organizing and approving vendors allowed into the building, processing invoices and tenant charges.I enjoyed the variety of work, as I never had to sit in one spot all day, I appreciated interacting with tenants, walking the property and being involved in different projects.

It was a pleasure to work on each property's team. The caliber of people was "Class A", from upper management to the most entry level position. Anyone who was fortunate to be hired was very thankful and it showed. We were encouraged to learn, take classes to increase our knowledge. I worked to earn my RPA designation and successfully completed four of the eight required classes.

Want to know more about Tishman Speyer?

Ask a question
Management skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Working there, i have learned great communication skill, leadership skill, and managing groups of people with ease.
Pros
advancement
Cons
n/a
Company with high level of integrity
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2015
I wear many hats as an executive assistant to three senior level executives and office manager. It is my responsibility to see to it that this office runs smoothly and efficiently, thus enabling our executives to do their very best work without worrying about the incidental but vital parts of running an office. On a typical day, I make travel arrangements, calendar meetings with numerous participants, order supplies, greet visitors, plan special events as needed and act as liason to the office of the building owner.

During my time with this company, I have learned that without good communication within a company, it is difficult to perform efficiently and proactively. I have learned that without good leadership, an office is not going to function at it's desired level of efficiency. Lots of closed doors and whispered conversations amongst executives does not inspire, it only excludes. Managers must be accessible and willing to answer questions from subordinates.

The most difficult part of my job is being excluded from staff meetings and outings because of my position.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with intelligent and funny people.
Pros
excellent benefits; flexibility to leave for doctor's appointments, etc.; "summer hours" during which we close at 1:00pm during the summer months
Cons
entrenched hierarchy; "us and them" mentality
This was a really great job.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2015
I was the receptionist. I learned you could find a great friend in your boss. The management was fair. Co-workers were caring and fun people. This was a real estate management company, and when the Chicago river flooded the basements in the loop, Some of the tenants were pretty upset and yelled a lot.
Pros
free parking, summer hours, casual fridays.
Cons
food was expensive in the loop.
Loved my position
Chief of Engineering and Construction (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2014
The best job, I worked their for 23 years. Great crews, managers and company.The location was also great and I was told many of times that they were proud to have me their as a team player.
Amazing atmosphere
Property Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2014
Family owned and managed company that is a fantastic place to work.
Comfortable Work Environment
Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work begins with roll call and finding your post for the day. The position helps to improve communication skills as you must be able to direct visitors from all over the world on a large scale basis. My co-workers are friendly and supportive.
Productive and fast paced learning environment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2014
I was able to move up in the company through hard work and by volunteering for projects.

Typically, I work on financials for the properties I assist in managing. I learned most of my accounting skills on the job in my current position and in my previous position as an administrative assistant.

I also learned a great deal about property operations and assisted with the management of different projects.

Best part about the job was that no two days were ever the same and that regardless of what was happening, you would always be learning something.
Pros
fun, professional
Cons
work-life balance
A great job dealing with the community
Supervisor, Recreation Department (Former Employee) –  LES, New York CityJuly 9, 2014
With having to maintain the numerous playgrounds (15) within the community it allowed me the opportunity to meet a lot of the residents giving it an old time neighborhood type of feel.
Basic detail to the job.
Customer Service, and Security detail (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
It was a very interesting learning experience,some of the co-workers were very nice,there were days it was very busy. It was fun talking with people from different areas of the world,gave information to the people as best as i could to the best of my knowledge.Some times the tourist would give a little bit of a hard time but you always had to be very patient and kind to them please observe the rules and if the give you a hard time just to let them know that you are following the rules and procedure of the job. Most of the managers were very helpful and nice, but over all it was a good job.
Pros
meeting some very interesting people
Cons
breaks were to short
Kept in place with not much to do
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2013
Since it was their first time accepting an intern, Tishman Speyer did not have much for me to do. Most of the work seemed to be a means to keep me occupied rather than to allow me to understand how building management works.