Tishman Speyer Employee Reviews

Hard Work
Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2016
I was seasonal and had someone else schedule because they were on vacation. I loved it once I got use to it. The people are very friendly and make it easy to work for. A typical day at work is diifferent if you're permanent. Theres times when I had a lot of work but if you stay busy your fine. Great pay!
Cons
30 min for lunch, takes a long time to become perm.
fun work place
Control Board Operator (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2017
nice place to work with good benefits co-workers are amazing very little growth in the company management are decent for the most part but the job does offer very unique experiences
Good work/life balance firm
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2016
Tishman Speyer has great work/life balance style. However, in order to make it to the executive management level, family connections are very critical to this family owned business.
Solid Experience
Art Buyer/Photography and Art Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2016
Work days are pleasant.
I learned about all aspects of commercial real estate.
Management is a little removed from day to day, but that is changing.
Co-workers are dedicated and hard-working.
Hardest part of the job is repeating same ineffective processes with no hope for change.
Most enjoyable part of the job is turning in good work.
Pros
occasion free lunches
Cons
mostly no lunches, hobbled by IT restrictions
Good Company to work for
Engineer's (Current Employee) –  45 Rockefeller PlazaAugust 25, 2016
Good company to work for, Learned a lot about controls and plant operations. Management is spotty. Co- Workers are a pleasure to work with. Hardest part of the job is the Hours. Most enjoyable part operating refrigeration plant.
Productive place to work.
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2016
Greeting, and meeting tourist from different parts of the world.
Learning how to communicate, well with your co-workers in a
fast pace work environment.
Pros
Respectable co-workers, Good pay
Cons
Working outdoors in the winter.
Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2016
I loved working for Tishman Speyer. The other employees were friendly and helpful. I only wished it was not such a seasonal job and being out of work waiting to be reconsidered to return has me a bit flummoxed and on edge. I really would love to return, but it's not up to me but their need in the workforce.
It's too bad there are so many guards to chose from and the numbers just keep increasing and those with more experience seem to be the returning candidates, so I think I better start earnestly looking elsewhere for employment and not rely on the security sector. I have yet to acquire the level of experience that is required to be a viable candidate, and that's sad, because the only way to obtain that experience is to be employed by a company that is willing to give you the chance to earn it.
Interesting place to work
Protection Officer- Rockefeller Center (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2016
can work in many different places. FDNY, NYPD seminars. Management OK Hardest part of job is getting there and getting home. The most enjoyable is dealing with the tourists
Pros
enviroment
Cons
co-workers
great place to work
Onsite Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
Learned a lot. Terrific company with a great business model. Would recommend to anyone who's looking to work in Real Estate
great atmosphere and great learning platform
Corporate Security (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
good melting pot of people and skill levels, daily interactions with millions of people from all walks of life. going to miss this place as i relocate.
Work-life balance so-so
Associate Director of Treasury (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
Your work-life balance depends on your manager. If you have a great relationship with him/her, you'll enjoy your workday.
I learned that not only the skills for the job are important, but the political ones are important as well.
Executive Butler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2015
Serve Bkfst, lunch at the conference rooms, as well as in the private offices of the executives; review and prepare for the next day, do a quick inventory of the items that are needed, make sure that the orders are in.
Pros
Benefits and long weekends in the summer
Cons
When it rained it poured
Cut throat environment with little direction from senior management
Controller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
I was hired for an accounting position. Since the start there was no formal training and a bunch of manuals were thrown on my desk and you were expected to hit the ground running.
Senior management is careless with little guidance and stay cooped in their offices with no interaction or group meetings with staff to ensure a motivated and directional group.
There is alot to learn and it is a very demanding job!
When i was eventually released of my obligations there was no phone call or in person sit down which i find very unprofessional! That is not a respectable way of doing business with former employees and management should recognize that in today's world reputation is important if they would like to hire and retain talent.
Pros
free breakfast, good reputation
Cons
No real direction from senior management and not a laid back atmosphere
Tishan Speyer
Engineer (Current Employee) –  11 West 42ndAugust 17, 2015
Overall good company to get your foot in the door. Typical day of work consists of tightening up loose ends left by daytime staff.
Management does not reward hard work you have to be "someone" to get a promotion. Co-workers are un-educated and combative with superiors. Hardest part of the day is dealing with the un-educated production of fellow staff members. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility i have to accomplish tasks at my own pace.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No Advancement
Great Atmosphere, great company to work for!
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - GLOBAL MANAGING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2015
A typical day would be to check the calendar to see what mtgs needed to be confirmed or added or deleted., Take phone mgs. arrange any nec. travel. Create expenses.

My favorite part of the role was planning the team outing. It was a complete surprise as to where they were going and everyone really enjoyed themselves...It was very rewarding.
Pros
Great company and the people that work there are lovely
Cons
I had to be downsized b/c of my salary
Productive and fast paced learning environment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2014
I was able to move up in the company through hard work and by volunteering for projects.

Typically, I work on financials for the properties I assist in managing. I learned most of my accounting skills on the job in my current position and in my previous position as an administrative assistant.

I also learned a great deal about property operations and assisted with the management of different projects.

Best part about the job was that no two days were ever the same and that regardless of what was happening, you would always be learning something.
Pros
Fun, professional
Cons
Work-Life balance
Basic detail to the job.
Customer Service, and Security detail (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2014
It was a very interesting learning experience,some of the co-workers were very nice,there were days it was very busy. It was fun talking with people from different areas of the world,gave information to the people as best as i could to the best of my knowledge.Some times the tourist would give a little bit of a hard time but you always had to be very patient and kind to them please observe the rules and if the give you a hard time just to let them know that you are following the rules and procedure of the job. Most of the managers were very helpful and nice, but over all it was a good job.
Pros
meeting some very interesting people
Cons
breaks were to short
Fun work place
Control Board Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2015
room for advancement, lots of overtime. Working at landmark does have its advantages. very good benefits. Large company with multiple locations in around NYC.
Pros
tourist enviroment landmark
Cons
This was a really great job.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2015
I was the receptionist. I learned you could find a great friend in your boss. The management was fair. Co-workers were caring and fun people. This was a real estate management company, and when the Chicago river flooded the basements in the loop, Some of the tenants were pretty upset and yelled a lot.
Pros
Free parking, summer hours, casual Fridays.
Cons
Food was expensive in the loop.
productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2013
Observe, monitor and report the flow of all visitors on the property
Provide appropriate access to the premises
Document and maintain all security tours and incident reports
Manage emergency situations and call in the appropriate authorities as needed
Provide protection and ensure safety for all individuals on the property
Observe and report any unlawful or inappropriate activity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tishman Speyer. Our community is ready to answer.

100%