Titan America, LLC Employee Reviews

Pay is good.
Plant Worker (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLDecember 28, 2017
Great compensation. Good work environment overall. The bad, not a lot of direction by higher-ups. Communication among departments is lacking. Non-self starters may find it difficult to advance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication
Good team
Mixer Driver (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 10, 2017
I have been with titan America for 3 years my income increase only three dollars per hour I'm looking for more care advancement and training so as am not where I started.
Pros
Overtime availability
Cons
Unpredictable call start times
Buenas. Condiciones de trabajo y buen ambiente laboral
Driver Tractor Trailer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2017
Trabajo estable buen salario , buenas. Condiciones. De trabajo y buen prestigio laboral
Pros
No tengo conocimiento
Cons
Si tienen porqué me han invitado
Great place to work.Home daily
About 37,000 (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 15, 2017
I have been working here for 2 years.This is an easy job,you just have to pay attention to your trainer but the real experience comes when you get by yourself.I have gotten $3 raise in my time of employment.Very good job
Pros
Excellent benefits company pays about 85% of your insurance
Cons
Some early starts maybe 3-4 am but overall great job
Excellent Organization
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  NCJune 13, 2017
Titan is an outstanding organization to belong too. Titan truly believes in their Mission Statement, Values, and the Safety of it's team members unlike any other company that I have worked for. Yes, Titan does have high expectations that is why we are number #1. If you are looking for a well established, fair, Team Environment that will actually put your safety first, then Titan is the organization to join...
Pros
Concern for ones safety, pay, benifits, and a pleasurable work environment
Not a healthy work enviroment
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 27, 2017
If you like to be treated disrespectfully, with no teamwork, or support from upper management; then this would be a perfect place for you! However if you're looking for a place that's a positive work environment, that leads to your future success, I would not bother sending a resume to work for the Southern Virginia Area Manager for the sales administrative coordinator position.
Cons
the economy hurt the buisness
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 3, 2017
I loved my job but the amount of work the company had depended on the farm industry, When the tractor building and sales went down the company had no choice but to terminate positions
Dusty environment due to nature of business, but pays decent.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Dusty because they make cement and aggregates, (nature of business). the culture could improve and management should consider employees more for their efforts.
Pros
not too many perks
Cons
limited advancements
Micromanagement and run by a bean counter. Need I say more
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2016
I've never worked for a such a dysfunctional organization. People that are incapable of performing their jobs are moved into other positions rather than fired. The company's main strategy is to cut costs no matter what - this is the driving force for most decisions; no long-term plan, just cost-cutting for bottom line. A career path is basically nonexistent and almost all of the advancement opportunities go to outside candidates. Rather than hire from within at a higher salary, they bring in young Inexperienced people for less $. The truly good employees are leaving and I will too soon.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No career path
You must know your truck, product, customer, and job site.
Concrete Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 9, 2015
A tough, demanding job with littler or no room for error. Originally I was hired to fix trucks but driving paid the same so I choose to drive. Interstate work can be very dangerous so you must be on top of your game while at work. One mistake can be your last mistake.
Typically you clock in, perform a pre trip inspection, and receive a delivery ticket. At the end of the day you clean the truck and perform a post trip inspection.
I enjoyed seeing the people that purchased concrete from Titan America.
Pros
You get paid whether or not you have a delivery ticket
Cons
Interstate work is dangerous.
Worst Experience Ever
Pilot Plant Tech (Former Employee) –  NeedhamMay 7, 2014
This was the worst company I ever worked for. No sick days and miserable environment and people to work with and for. Management was a joke, No HR services for our branch. Very depressing place to work. It would be a blessing to get fired or laid off!
Pros
Cons
No Sick Days, No Raise, Horrible Management
Absolutely Miserable Place
Plant Attendant (Current Employee) –  Troutville, VAApril 19, 2014
Nothing but depressed old men that hate their job but refuse to retire. I show up everyday for the money and that's it. My day is spent avoiding work and my co-workers sometimes hoping to be laid off so I can collect unemployment while I look for another job.
Pros
High wages
Cons
Everything else about the company
Top management lacks the vision for LT Strategy and Goals
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 23, 2013
Communication from Executive Management to all other Management is lacking. Red tape is alive and well. Takes 1-2 months for just about anything done that is important.
Pros
Values, People
Cons
Job Security, Red tape
Productive place to work with opportunity for growth
Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLSeptember 20, 2012
A typical day would include managing multiple projects and handling employee relations. I learned a great deal about training and development and adult learner principles. My co-workers were dedicated and had excellent work ethics. The management was well structured and always listened to employees concerns. The hardest part of the job was terminations. The best part was performance development.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long hours-not a good work/life balance