Titan Machinery Employee Reviews

Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 4, 2017
The people at Titan are really fun to work with. On the computer a lot and on the phone a lot. It was a good place to work. I would recommend giving them a try
Hardworking employees that made the job fun to be at. Great management and great company.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2016
A typical 8 hour day consisted of working out in the sun organizing machinery until lunch hour. Then I organized, stocked, and cleaned the warehouse. I learned that hard work goes a long way and that 8 hour shifts are not that bad. My co-workers were all older than me but thy made the job fun with their easy going demeanor. The hardest part of the job was working in the sun for hours everyday.
Publicly traded company that some different policies
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNNovember 7, 2016
Titan Machinery is an international company that I believe got a little too big, too fast. They are well behind the eight ball when it comes to being up-to-date on technology. Being a publicly traded company, they also have a lot of different policies that don't keep everyone on the same playing field.
Loved my coworkers!
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJune 3, 2016
Fast paced, the general department heads were great to work with. They always made we feel welcomed and greatly appreciated!
very nice company to work for
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 31, 2016
I enjoyed working for them. Management worked with you if you had any issues or problems. I leaned a lot of info and even taught some electrical to others.
Pros
steady work
Cons
laid off
Co workers
Store Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 23, 2016
The co workers there were wonderful. I made lifelong friends there. It was great to take breaks with them. Im very glad that they have air conditioning. But sometimes you have to put the heater on because it gets too cold.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
too cold sometimes
Great Place to work
Field Marketer (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 16, 2016
Great place to work and grow your equipment knowledge. With the 90+stores it made it possible to being able to find the right equipment solutions for your customers.
Best Job Ever
Field Marketer- Outside Equipment Sales (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 18, 2015
This is farm life at its finest! Close knit group to work long hours with, but the time flies by, because farming is a way of life. Either you love it, or hate it, those who hate it, don't last.
Fast Paced
Rental Support/Rental Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 7, 2015
I have learned that you can learn a new career late in life. I have learned that being a women in a construction environment is very challenging. Titan has great potential but unfortunately it is just going to take something bigger to get it there.
Pros
ongoing education for each job
Cons
healthcare expensive, no overtime
Productive place of business
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work involved counting the cash drawer from the day before - making the needed deposit, going over invoices and inventory, working with the sales men on their reports and sales, and lots of computer work. I learned a great deal about time management skills and construction equipment.
sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miller,SDAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work. Good team that works together with their sales and products to provide the best customer support and relations they can.
wonderful job
Field Marketer/ Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gillette, WYJuly 22, 2015
This company was amazing to work for and has a lot to offer anybody that is seeking a career in the equipment industry. They are very professional and have several different areas that offer long term stability.
IT intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 7, 2015
Great staff, Great workers, Great people to get to know in and out of the office.

The IT dept was where i was located and the group i worked with was fantastic and knowledgeable i learned a lot with them.
Pros
Friendly work inviroment
Cons
Job was easily made redundant
Platform to learn new skills
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMay 10, 2015
While I was able to develop great skills in accounting and Excel as well as working knowledge in SOX standards, the work/life balance was not sustainable on a long-term basis. I loved the work I was doing, the benefits/compensation were good and I cherished many of the working relations I had while there. Unfortunately, in order to succeed with the workload demand, one would have to work 13 hours per day for 30 days per month. I attempted numerous times to be a voice for positive change, to help improve employee morale and to find ways to help the company reduce work loads and improve work/life balance for staff . After over 4 years with little success, I reluctantly had to move on.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, good compensation/benefits
Cons
work/life balance, employee morale, treatment of staff by management
No innovation
HR (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDApril 16, 2015
No stability, not much room for advancement, zero innovation, not realistic, far too top heavy in terms of their corporate management organizations, compensation and benefits are the worst I have seen yet because it is more about who you know or your age, male dominant, etc.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDMarch 2, 2015
Good management, company is too driven by public results and is lost with their current 'small' business model. Going through a tough time with commodity prices and business being down 20% in back to back years.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
No career planning
Steady Paced
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDFebruary 23, 2015
Support end user via email, phone, and remote software assistance. Troubleshoot/Repair PC related hardware. What I enjoy most is actively trying to stay ahead of the constant flux that the IT field offers.
Pros
Paid Health Insurance, 401k match, lunch provided
Cons
Sitting all day, no windows
not enough work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 8, 2015
hired as a field tech. and havent been provided the proper equipment necessary to complete the jobs, recently no work
good place to work.
Assist in repair of heavy equipment (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 17, 2014
every day was a new challange.from running the lowboy to swamping heavy equipment.asisting custermors with there needs.
Very fast pace
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermantown, MN (Duluth)December 19, 2013
Titan is a publicly traded company and with that comes piles of paperwork and processes.

The service manager position is very demanding. You feel like a pinball with very little time to take a moment to plan and when you take the time to plan the work piles up.

The store manager does not seem to have the time to listen to your needs and concerns. When talking to him you feel like you are interrupting him as he is continually looking at his computer or his phone.

The store is expected to work as a team however you are graded and paid incentives as an individual department.

The health insurance is free for the employee - you get what you pay for.
Pros
Fair wage
Cons
Expexcted to work lots of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Titan Machinery. Our community is ready to answer.