Titan Machinery Employee Reviews

Great community to work with!
Student Store Support (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNDecember 5, 2017
Titan Machinery is a close knit group of individuals all working towards the same goals, we have fun working together and it is a good place to spend everyday.
Good people
Complex Manager (Former Employee) –  MontanaDecember 1, 2017
I left at a time when things were going down hill fast. Company was making a lot of changes and the V.P. was not a great leader so it was time to make a change. Large company with a lot of great people. No consistency.
Pros
The people
Cons
No consistency
flexible schedule
Equipment Sales (Former Employee) –  Wahpeton, NDNovember 28, 2017
salary was changed to commission only, flexible hours, liked working with farmers solving equipment needs. learned a lot about what goes into the selling process and trying to figure out what the buyer is thinking, hard selling against pricing only.
Pros
flexible schedules, outdoor envioroment
Cons
had to make sales goals
Good company.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Center Point, IAOctober 30, 2017
Local managers were concerned about your well being. Benefits were fair. Wages were reasonable. Payed Time Off would accumulate to a limit. Human Resource department were very good. 401K had very good return.
Pros
Pleasant co-workers.
Poor
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 30, 2017
The job descriptions are defined and employees are not allowed to work outside of those parameters even when business is slow. You have no friends at Titan. Each department is pitted against one another with department goals. Bad people have jobs because HR is scared of lawsuits so bad behavior is tolerated.
excellant benefits and I liked the fast paced work
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 9, 2017
the only problem I had was management dated each other and then you also had management that had best friends working underneath them and if you didn't fit in there little circle you were very miserable. I truly hated to go to work
great people to work with on a local level
Agricultural Equipment Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IASeptember 21, 2017
should be run for the customers not the shareholders, Local managers need to have more input in day to day decisions in stocking levels, employee retention and building maintenance budgeting.
where you start is where you stay
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 13, 2017
Don't mater what's said, how much trainig you do, or what. Where you start pay and job title is going to be about where you stay. Like all contracts if its not in writing it didn't or its not going to happen.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
managers dont manage
Office support
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Pierre, SDSeptember 12, 2017
Loved this job but they were getting rid of my position got a good severance pay then applied for the store to admin job but did not receive it due to the other applicants had more experience.
The people are nice.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Center Point, IAAugust 24, 2017
Titan machinery was overall good place to work at. I was a ag mechanic. The biggest problem I had was the inconsistency with the work flow. You where busy one week and then slow for two weeks.
Pros
good people
Cons
slow
Hardworking culture
Assistant to the Mechanics (Former Employee) –  Casselton, NDAugust 10, 2017
I had to clean up the shop where the mechanics worked. I assisted mechanics if they needed help working on their tractors as well as washed the tractors when they finished working on them. Ran daily errands for the store.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Hard to move up
Good People Trapped in an Investor Driven Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  North DakotaAugust 2, 2017
Company lost it's famous Strong Store Model and seems more concerned on keeping investors happy than honoring the people who feed and build the World.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Deceiving: Words Differ From Actions
a very big company just a number
Parts Counterman (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMay 5, 2017
answer phones sell parts to customers and to mechanics shipping parts putting parts away customer relations problem solving look up parts and help mechanics
closed store
Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYApril 21, 2017
Worked here about 1 year , Titan closed the store down due to no work in Casper Wy area. People were good to work with and willing to help each other when needed.
Pros
Shop forman was good to his help.
Cons
Closed store down
Challenging Environment
Used Equipment Valuation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 17, 2017
The Ag economy is in a difficult position right now and it has affected Titan Machinery. Titan is still young and discovering itself and going through an identity shift. When you get to know everyone it is a good place to work and is very tight knit. I do not think management does the best job at keeping employees informed of changes and long term goals.
Pros
Cafeteria, great IT department
Cons
difficult Ag economy
Horrible Management
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 3, 2017
Horrible management and morale. Lazy, moody employees with bad attitudes. Admin steals from the company. Worst place I have ever worked, worst 3 years of my life.
nice place to work
Rental Accounts Manager (RAM) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COFebruary 7, 2017
Nice place to work friendly employees good growth potential. Lots of room to grow as well as plenty of places to move in the US due to the fact that they have multiple locations in different states.
Pros
good growth potential
Cons
lots of turnover
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 4, 2017
The people at Titan are really fun to work with. On the computer a lot and on the phone a lot. It was a good place to work. I would recommend giving them a try
Hardworking employees that made the job fun to be at. Great management and great company.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2016
A typical 8 hour day consisted of working out in the sun organizing machinery until lunch hour. Then I organized, stocked, and cleaned the warehouse. I learned that hard work goes a long way and that 8 hour shifts are not that bad. My co-workers were all older than me but thy made the job fun with their easy going demeanor. The hardest part of the job was working in the sun for hours everyday.
Publicly traded company that some different policies
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNNovember 7, 2016
Titan Machinery is an international company that I believe got a little too big, too fast. They are well behind the eight ball when it comes to being up-to-date on technology. Being a publicly traded company, they also have a lot of different policies that don't keep everyone on the same playing field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Titan Machinery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9