Titan Protection and Consulting, Inc.

Titan Protection and Consulting, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great start here in KC
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2015
They opened their company to me and gave me a greet start here. I like the police set up they have at titan. I thought the full tactical training was exactly what I was looking for ever since I started the Criminal Justice field.
Good Company, Just not in my salary range
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 27, 2014
Titan is a good company, just $11 is to low for me. They don't pick people based on experience for patrol, just pick on how dependable they are in the company.
Pros
higher starting pay based on other companies, friendly team mates.
Cons
advancement
Great Job
Private Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 23, 2014
I enjoyed working here. The management was always there to help you onsite and in emergency situations.
Pros
great pay
People don't leave companies; they leave managers
former employee (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 5, 2014
If you’re looking for a fun, exciting, well-managed company you need to keep looking. Titan may have wonderful employees, but if you don't work in the main office you can just forget it. The company puts the patrol officers and security officers in places the police won't go to alone. Officer safety is not the number one concern. Getting time off is very difficult and schedules are often changed last minute without any notice.
Pros
wonderful officers and dispatchers
Cons
no healthcare, low pay, non flexible hours
great place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 31, 2014
One of the greatest companies I have ever worked for..... Hands Down!!!
Pros
loads of training
The best company i've ever worked for.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2014
If you want to work amongst a group of highly trained individuals that have a passion for excellence and take the utmost pride in their work, then you need to apply at TITAN Protection & Consulting.

Coming from Military service I was looking for a professional company to join so I could gain more experience in the security industry. If you're like me then you know that those security companies are few and far between.

When I was hired by TITAN I expected to get some decent training, but that was no where near what I actually got. They were relentless; Laws, Policies, Defensive Tactics, Baton Handling, Handcuffing, How to stand, How to walk, How to talk. After the training was over there was no doubt in my mind that I would be able to handle any situation that came my way.

Everything at TITAN is a smooth, well-planned operation. They are always willing to take your preference into account when assigning you a duty station. My reliefs are always on time and I've never had a problem with shift scheduling. TITAN is very proactive in letting their employees know their schedule, sometimes 3 weeks in advance. Putting in time off requests is super easy and they have always done their best to accommodate me.

I enjoy every day I come to work and it's great to be a part of a team where everyone is working toward the same goal, to become a security company that is second to none.
Pros
equipment/weapon/ammo discounts, merit based advancement/recognition, benefits, on-going relevant training, positive politic free environment, best pay
Cons
none.
Cool Company to work for. Lots of locations
Security Officer, Unarmed (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 21, 2013
Many security companies I have worked for in the past were boring, sit around and do nothing jobs. This company is far from that. They offer extensive training and do far more than regular security. Usually they are in more risky areas which offers a little more action than most and also have basic if that is your type of thing. They expect a lot and many of their employees move on to Corporal or Sergeant roles pretty fast if they are good. There is a lot of potential to move around if you get bored of one spot and there are a lot of employees to help you out if you need it. I think Titan is a great place for anyone to start or continue a long career. I would recommend Titan to students, stay at home moms, you name it Titan has something for everyone.
Pros
good pay compared to other jobs like it
Cons
late hours some days; no sleeping here.
Great place to start and move to a career
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 21, 2013
Titan was a good spot to start out. After only a few months I had moved up to a management role and now work as a police officer with one of the largest cities around. I constantly got training which led me to getting hired on sooner and faster with a police department. Though I used Titan to move on to another career I highly recommend Titan to anyone even looking to get their foot into any type of law enforcement or a great long term spot with a credible "Not BS" security company. Titan only employees the best so if you want to work there please make them look good. The best part of this job is that there is always potential and options to move. You are never stuck at one location like traditional security. Titan had over 300 sites around KC when I was there so I am sure they are still up and coming. I highly recommend Titan as an employer.
Pros
great locations, easy work.
Cons
strict rules, make sure you are not a slacker if you work there
I enjoy coming to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2013
This was a great company. I always felt like an asset and was sorry when I had to move away.
Great people! Great enviroment! Great job!
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasJuly 29, 2013
I worked for Titan Protection and Consulting for a couple of years and I really enjoyed my time there. While working with Titan I was a security guard for a number of different properties all over the city. I learned something new every day. As long as I gave the office enough notice, my schedule was whatever I wanted it to be. Day shifts, mid-day shifts, or over nights, Titan has it all and was always willing to give hours. Titan Protection and Consulting is defiantly a place I would tell my friends and family about
Pros
flexible hours. awsome office personal. very friendly.
first rate Security Company
security officer (Current Employee) –  kansas city, ksJune 3, 2013
Titan truly is THE place to work if you are serious about not only doing a great job for your employer and customers, but I believe all of our officers take great pride in their job and duties.
Titan maintains excellence in training for our officers and therefore the safety of our customers.
Pros
we're a big family, and we have each others backs
Cons
its a hard job for a reason. we're the front line for stopping any criminal activity...
Mismanaged Company with Unhappy Employees
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 20, 2013
If you're looking to get into the private security sector, I would look elsewhere. Besides the low pay and complete absence of benefits, this company is very mismanaged in both the operations and human resources departments. This company does not support an equal work/life balance and will routinely create scheduling conflicts that allows you little to no time to get from one post to the next. The only police officers, or former police officers, work in the administrative and training functions of the company.
Pros
advancement, tight knit guard and patrol staff.
Cons
very low pay and no benefits, mismanaged.

4.2