Titan Security Group Employee Reviews

Some good but mostly bad
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2017
They will tell you this is a company of family, that they'll be here to listen to your complaints or concerns. However. they do not have much communication with the buildings underneath their contracts nor do they pay mind to the concerns of employees.

Supervisors and security directors will, and can, take advantage of the lack of oversight by Titan. They will abuse their positions and you're very very lucky to find a building that cares about your wellbeing because Titan won't. If your supervisor bullies you, you're out of luck. Titan would rather move you around than deal with the harsh and abusive culture many of their security directors don't pay mind to. Most buildings are understaffed, full of rude officers with attitudes and very little care for security itself.

Many buildings require you to stand for your entire, 8 hour shift. The HR team of Titan will tell you to just deal with the pain in your feet, the backaches, the headaches. You are not taken care of by this company and they will do their best to pull the wool over your eyes. They are so desperate to keep everyone on staff that it'll be very difficult for you to be fired, or anyone else obviously unsuited for the job.

Titan is good for a paycheck, but even better for a headache and a sickening work environment.
Pros
overtime, paid lunches
Cons
environment, monitored breaks, human resources
Good experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
Overall the company gives people a good experience. I enjoyed my time employed with Titan security.I would recommend this to people who are starting out in the security field.
Pros
Good experience
stressful and petty
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
this company does not appreciate their security guards
we are under paid
theirs no consideration for the employees
no room for growth or promotions at all
Productive and enjoyable workplace with a beautiful view
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2017
Strong professional culture, management was clear and thorough, positioned to learn from Titan family as well as clients. The views are most enjoyable.
The company is a real good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
The management of titan Security was very nice and understanding. A typical day at work I would just stand at the desk and greet the tenants as they left out and came in from work.
Very Productive Business
Doorwoman/ Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2017
I Greet residents coming in, and out for work, school, etc. I learn about a lot of different things, mainly organization keeping your desk, and yourself up to part since this is a very visible job. Management team here is great to work with, very professional. The workplace culture is very diverse. It is also a very welcoming community. There is no hard part as long as your doing your job here there is nothing hard about it. I like the kids who live here I have children so seeing the kids and the pets is the most enjoyable for me.
Client protection and business relations
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
Daily patrol and focusing on the protection of the client's assets. Using the daily surveillance to monitor employee daily activity, loss prevention needs, and securing the company facility.

The culture involve warehouse marketing and the shipping and handling of merchandise. Making sure that all product is handled correctly and that the merchandise is secured.
nice place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2017
i signed up for security and ended up being door staff...i didn't like the fact that i didn't get paid door staff pay...but i do love the building and the people in it. hardest part of the job is getting too and from work...i just cant afford it. most enjoyable is the tenants in the building...they be the most happy to see you!!! i don't like that when someone calls off...titan know ahead of time because we have to give 4 hrs...but at times we have to end up calling titan to see why we are still there...need to work on that!!
tense environment no managerial support
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
No managerial support. Titan has had the contract for 8 months know and it seems like it's the first week with them. Corporate runs the site from an off site which makes it very difficult to manage your site
average
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Security Personnel
 Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
 Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
 Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion.
Pros
Titan Security Group
Cons
Titan Security Group

Want to know more about Titan Security Group?

Ask a question
Horrible
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  649 w MonroeJanuary 14, 2017
No help from management the client is always right no matter what even if you did nothing wrong they just took the clients side because they paid them and the security paid you
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Sitting all day
Too focused on minor details
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Some of the field supervisors at Titan demand total perfection when you have to work with them so be careful. Do not expect any form of leniency from this company
Helps utilize and improve on prior job skills
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
My typical day is going to roll call receiving pass down information and activities for the day. Being informed of what position i would be in. If in lobby that day due to we change positions daily i would be providing customer service, monitoring incoming and outgoing guests and employees, Greeting of signing of guests and employees via visible visitors system.
Flexibility
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2016
It was fun that I was able to move from location to location. Meeting new people and supporting my co-workers gave me a sense that I was doing something good. I had fun with my co-workers and the tenants.
Product and Safe workplace with a nice environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2016
Work with you on every level that you may need .And train you on how to be come a great security officers .How to communicate , be professional and have good work skills in patrol , data entry and greeting visitors .
Pros
Everything is good
Cons
Just follow the rules and you will be okay..
i worked in a security booth
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60661November 14, 2016
patrolling the propertyand signining in guest and cars,also distributing five and ten day notices the job wasnt hard the most enjoyable part of the job was enteracting with different cultural of people.
Fair work invironment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2016
Working for this company, I have learned to be more patient, understanding, alert, and adaptable. A typical day at work for me would be communicating with people and watching all activity throughout the facility that I am placed in.
professional and fun, wonderful owner
Was instrumental in assisting owner (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 22, 2016
helping the owner with paperwork, standing in while others went on break, surveilancing the area, keeping area clean.
Excellent company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2016
This is a great and exciting company to work for I love them. I would recommend this company to all. they have fun work sites
Great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2016
This is an exciting company. I would recommend Titan to friends and family all of their work sites are fun places to be and get good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Titan Security Group. Our community is ready to answer.