Titan Security Employee Reviews in United States

Productive but not Progressive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2016
As with most security companies, the overall company is good. However the advancement opportunities weren't quite promising. The work was constant If you have a permanent job site. At times I was sent to other sites that were short handed and I was trained in other fields. However regardless of the experience I had there was no room for advancement.
Pros
Continuous Work
Cons
No Room For Advancement
Private security company
Head Doorman (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2016
Some of the office staff don't show the same professionalism that they require from officers in the field. Lack of common courtesy between office staff and officers.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Low Pay
It was a fun and enjoyable place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 21, 2015
It was a fun and enjoyable place. Management was supportive and caring. The atmosphere was smiles and pleasant. Management listened to your complaints and tried to settle them in a timely manner.
Productive and very organized company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJuly 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for Titan Security. All the security officers worked very hard together has a team to observe and report criminal incidents. It was a positive atmosphere to work in and Titan taught me how to be an outstanding security officer. The hardest part of the job was to help maintain inappropriate behaviors of suspicious customers.
Unhealthy Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
The company does not care about their employees at all. They feel that they are easily replaceable. The management doesn't know how to differentiate personal and professional relationships. They make actually coming to work horrible and depressing. Depending on whom you actually work, with your co-workers will be the only most enjoyable part of the job.
Great Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about the Titan Comany as they are my employer at the moment. It has been an eye opening experience and a learning experience I will never regret.
Pros
great accounts
Cons
no so nice phone operators
Awesome Security Job to work for.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  riverheadJanuary 20, 2015
• Patrol Tanger 1, 2, & 3 in patrol vehicle also on foot

• Make sure the buildings and bathrooms are free of graffiti, violence, if an ambulance, police car or fire department comes on premise I had to assist them until they leave then I would put it in to my activity report for the day.
Its just that a job, nothing more
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Its a job for someone who is older in age, that did not attend college and looking for work to pay bills. Nothing enjoyable about working as a doorman and dealing with residents and their problems at a residential building. Management will work with you on your hours but don't expect to receive the days and hours you want without pleasing them first. Not for anyone attending college, mandatory overtime can come back to hunt you if you have any plans after work. Overall not the worse place to work but not the right place to work for a college student.
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor benefits
comfortable work site, bad communication between client and security team
Doorman (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2012
Since beginning my first security experience in March of this year. I have been comfortable with the level of responsibility expected of me at my site. I have no problem follow any of the post orders, its just that there has been a consistently amount of issues related to the building management and the security team. Although this my be a normal thing for most work environments related to security fields at residential buildings. I find it irresponsible to have to take the blame for mistakes made by well established management teams.
Pros
paid lunch, uniform replacement, convenient locations
Cons
low wadges, dead end job
they work with you if you are not satisfy with the site that you are at
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2012
check in when i get there i learned customer service as well doin security the staff downtown was always there for you if any siduations occured they were very helpful no matter what the manergers and supervisors were all great the commanders checked on the sites to make sure everything was doing great there was nothing hard about the work and the greatest part of working for them is that you have opportunity to advance up
Pros
that u are able to change sites
Cons
short breaks
didnt like titan security
Security (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2012
didnt like the way management cunducted busisness i had alot of pay role discrepencies i was laid off once i called office everyday to see if there were and jobs availible for me the never got back to me until i was recieving unemployment .. laid me off for a second time after i was injured on the job .. told me not to return to work until i made contact will personel .. i called office i ner recieved a call back until i started recieving unemployment benifits ... then the terminated me and said that i fail to comply with company during my absents
Cons
didnt like company

Comment – May 12, 2013

I did not like this company. I would work overtime and do floating security work on my days off however. Some of the days I worked did not show up on my pay check. Managament will lie to you and on you so they won't get in trouble. My advance avoid this company. I'm fighting for my unemployement as well. The HR person told me to turn in my uniform. When someone in HR tells you to turn in your uniform that is a form of firing someone. Yet the woman who fired me over the PHONE claimed she never spoke to me before. Yes people they will lie.

Work well together
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2012
I love my job. I am a people person. I have learn alot in security like how to be more patient, tolerant. I have learn to slove people prombles with a smile and listening not by advise. My co-worker are my co-worker i gets along with them. I dont go to work to make friends. Security is not a hard job, i really enjoy working security. I enjoy the people, the way they com to me, the respect that i get from them.
Learning new things about security everyday, Great way to interact and get to know new people.
Door Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2014
A typical day at work for me is monitoring cameras, and patrol of building that i'm stationed for said shift. lots of standing and walking, but it doesn't bother me at all.
standing up for employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2012
its a great job the sites the people are friendly but some times even though you have a contract with a client the managers of the building push there weight around and because of the contract whatever you say or do you are wrong when you are right. the company would rather get rid of you then to fight for you!
very physical
UNARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  chicago ilJune 21, 2014
patrol,securing the location,checking identification.i learned all about security.management was good .i would meet coworkers only when shift change.the hardest working in bad location by my self.the pay was good. i had multiple location.
Pros
pay
Cons
some bad location
Did not respect,and show gradatude.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  CHICAGO,ILNovember 30, 2011
I was o.K working with titan security,but they just didn't honor the good they only cared about the bad.They was to hung up on hear say something I don't care for.Favoritism is a problem with this company .
Pros
good, and caring co-workers
Cons
no benifits, no personal days
nice starter job
security officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2013
Titan is a nice start up job in the field of security.You learn some valuable information that you can take with you to your next level i.e.TSA.There are many nice people you get to meet or work with,im happy that my first job in security was with this company.
Its a well kept place of work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2013
On a regular day of work I patrol the grounds where I'm stationed, and make sure everything is right and no trespassers were to come on the property.
Pros
1 hour lunch, paid weekends and over time
Cons
the uniform is too small
Quiet work sites
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
It was a great experience working for Titan security even though I couldn't understand why all my co- workers broke all the rules.
Pros
the pay
Cons
co-workers was peer pressure
Easy job horrible management with zero opportunities for advancement
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2013
This company has some serious short comings I do not usually post negative reviews however the management or lack there of is almost comical. We (myself and many others) have been put in very awkward situation with regards to clients looking for answers on program specifics and the lack of response from management has them asking us, the problem is we don't have the answers (NO TRAINING) we cannot get answers from management (NO Management over site) I am currently looking for employment with another security company in the area do to these short comings. I do not feel comfortable misleading clients do to mismanagement, i think that when our clients start to realize what the true level of service is this company will be a sinking ship and i want off, especially when i am paid a dollar over minimum wage just not worth it.
Pros
easy post with zero oversight
Cons
no advancement, awkward situations dealing with clients, no management direction, poor client satisfaction makes my job hard.