TitleMax Employee Reviews

Work is more important than your life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Mileage is paid, albeit at a $.38 per mile
Cons: Long hours, terrible work life balance
That's what Titlemax makes it seem. With long hours, you spend more time here than at home. They are not very understanding of that. They have a high turn over rate, especially with upper management, and you don't get trained properly. I was handed a packet one month after I started and was never walked through by the manager. The goals are unrealistic and the paperwork is endless. Many times when you want to go home and spend time with your family when your shift is over, you are told that you are not invested in the company and threaten you by telling you that you could be replaced. You are sent out to do field visits in your own car. I did it in the city of chicago in bad neighborhoods and they never once cared.
i reallenjoyed it before they sisteredwith Intaloan.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dalton, GAAugust 20, 2015
I loved my team. we spent 9 hours a day there so we worked as family. the district manager for my area wasrap and hated to work with anyone even when someone commited fraud but over all I liked it.
No good management
Customer Service Represent (Former Employee), Fort Worth TX 76102August 14, 2015
Not a good management and not well organize .
Not a good management and not well organize .
management lack of education and respect.
Fun work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Metro East, ILAugust 13, 2015
Great place to work. Each day is new and different. Have to be creative to find the hidden vehicles up for repossession. Wish there was overtime pay instead of rearranging hours when you are forced to stay late occasionally.
Awesome Work Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAAugust 5, 2015
Titlemax, I helped customer's with title pawns for their vehicles. I also made outbound calls to help customers set up the best time for them to make their monthly payments toward their title pawn.
It was a great learning experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. louis oJuly 31, 2015
I worked with great people. The job is great for advancement and it teaches you a lot. A typical day at work was interacting with customers and assisting them with great customer service.
Results driven business model
General Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2015
There is an opportunity to make a good salary. But, there is also a great deal of pressure on store level employees. Your career begins anew every month.
Loan Sharks
Customer Service Rep. /Sales (Former Employee), Laurens SCJuly 23, 2015
Marketing: Putting out flyers in parking lots, going to local businesses, helping with fund raisers
Loans: New, Renewal, Appraisals and Closings
Taking Payments, Collection/Collection Calls, Field Visits, Inspection on repo’s, Post office runs, Bank Deposits, writing checks for clients to post office
Policy says to do one thing/told to do job differently
General Manager Overstaff Joplin (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 22, 2015
Pros: Allowed to run your own business.
Cons: Standards set up so you can be released at any time.
I was told I would have a General Manager job in Joplin the very near future in March 2014. The week after Christmas 2014 I was told I would be moving to Springfield, MO for 3 months. I was there 5 months, then brought back to Joplin for a couple weeks. Then told I had to take a store in Springfield that is not making any money instead of the one I was running. I was not interested in uprooting my family and potentially taking a pay cut or getting fired for performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customer. The employees were all nice and receptive.
The hardest part of the job was repossessing a car over $18. Management would tell you to do things, but not put them in an email so you had proof they approved. I was responsible for running entire day to day operations including sales, collection calls marketing and customer service.
Awful!
Store manager (Former Employee), By North CarolinaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Nothing. Pay isn't worth anything.
Cons: No breaks, long hours, no life. Treated awful.
I worked as a store manager for 3 years. Working 60 hour weeks. Constantly being bullied by upper management. No room for advancement. They tell you what you want to hear to make you stay. The money is Not worth is. They bring people in to "run" the store and make 20k more than you. I was required to train these people. I made the same as my customer service reps! We went through 8 GMs and about 6 csr. Finally my Dm called and cussed at me on the phone. I was completely bullied for a mistake my gm did, who by the way walked out and quit. So I walked out and quit after I got yelled at. Stressful job. If you have a relationship or kids do not work here. They expect this job to be your life. Unrealistic goals. They will see you a dream and treat you great for a month or so. Awful experience. I would rather be unemployed than to ever work there again! They say store manager makes 40k, now that's a joke!
Not for a family person
General Manager (Current Employee), calumet city ilJune 15, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
I like the job and they are the best at what they do however, it is demanding. They compensate financially for the time demand but if you are looking for work life balance this is not the company
best job ever
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 5, 2015
loved this job until there was a change in management--high performance work place, but new manager tried to micro manage.
Do as I say not as I do, type of company.
General Manager (Current Employee), 12496 Montana, El Paso, TX 79936June 4, 2015
Pros: Hours are not bad for retail
Cons: Management could be use more training.
Titlemax financially is a good company to work for. The management have zero training on people skills or how to deal with different personalities. I do enjoy helping people that need the financial help. They need a better training structure for the younger managers. All in all, the reason for the companies existence is great.
Excellent place to grow
Store Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 4, 2015
I have been able to set careers goals and so far management has helped me accomplish them within the company. I have worked in several locations at least one and each has been a good experience. No office is the same and that gives the oppurtunity to learn different things from different views
Not the place to work if you are family oriented
Store Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaMay 28, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: No family life, benefits are the worst, schedule is horrible
A word of advice, if you don't have thick skin this job is not for you. A typical day involves collection calls, some crazy phone calls when a person's vehicle is repossessed, processing new loans, answering a million and one questions (some have common sense answers), taking payments, hearing people complain about the interest when it was explained to them already. All of that is only the half of a typical day. The management and co-workers change so much that you lose track of who still works for the company and who doesn't. The hardest part of the job, to me, would have to be having to please management with your numbers. If a store's numbers are bad, expect to lose your job because the upper management feels that someone else can do your job better. There is no good part to this job at all. It sucks up all of your time no matter what position you are in, but if you are a store manager expect to work until close most of the time, and if you are a general manager expect to work 8am-8pm every day of the week except for your day off (and upper management will take it from you if your numbers are bad). Yes, there are some holidays that the company is closed for, but it's not all government holidays only a select 6. If you are a single person that is not family oriented, and you have a drive to deal with the craziness then this is a job for you.
One of my favorite companies!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 19, 2015
By working in this industry you were able to make a lot of connections through both work and personal life, that can be taken anywhere. I also had the best repossession company in the business while working there, so it made the challenge of redeeming collateral that much easier!
Great Place to Advance career
Store Manager (Current Employee), Boaz, ALMay 6, 2015
Always pushed to advance.

Great Bonuses/Great pay.

Friendly people.

Work all day.

Excellent place to get taught new skills and expand eligibility with other employers.
Assistant Manager Role
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), GAApril 23, 2015
I was promoted from a Customer Service Representative to an Assistant Manager within 3 months of starting with the company. However, you have to work late nights and weekends often. The company as a whole does not consider their employees work/life balance.
VERY fun place to work, lots of different task.
Customer service representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 20, 2015
Loved Titlemax just because I came in with no experience and it was very easy for me adjust to things. Coworkers were awesome and all treated each other like family. A typical day at work for me would be appraising vehicles, rating them and figuring out what a car value was for the amount we could loan out.
high turn over
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: turn over rate
the turnover rate is high, its a constant cycle of managmenemt. other then that great pay and great customers. close on sundays!!