TitleMax

TitleMax Employee Reviews

Results driven business model
General Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2015
There is an opportunity to make a good salary. But, there is also a great deal of pressure on store level employees. Your career begins anew every month.
Loan Sharks
Customer Service Rep. /Sales (Former Employee), Laurens SCJuly 23, 2015
Marketing: Putting out flyers in parking lots, going to local businesses, helping with fund raisers
Loans: New, Renewal, Appraisals and Closings
Taking Payments, Collection/Collection Calls, Field Visits, Inspection on repo’s, Post office runs, Bank Deposits, writing checks for clients to post office
Policy says to do one thing/told to do job differently
General Manager Overstaff Joplin (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 22, 2015
Pros: Allowed to run your own business.
Cons: Standards set up so you can be released at any time.
I was told I would have a General Manager job in Joplin the very near future in March 2014. The week after Christmas 2014 I was told I would be moving to Springfield, MO for 3 months. I was there 5 months, then brought back to Joplin for a couple weeks. Then told I had to take a store in Springfield that is not making any money instead of the one I was running. I was not interested in uprooting my family and potentially taking a pay cut or getting fired for performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customer. The employees were all nice and receptive.
The hardest part of the job was repossessing a car over $18. Management would tell you to do things, but not put them in an email so you had proof they approved. I was responsible for running entire day to day operations including sales, collection calls marketing and customer service.
Awful!
Store manager (Former Employee), By North CarolinaJune 17, 2015
Pros: Nothing. Pay isn't worth anything.
Cons: No breaks, long hours, no life. Treated awful.
I worked as a store manager for 3 years. Working 60 hour weeks. Constantly being bullied by upper management. No room for advancement. They tell you what you want to hear to make you stay. The money is Not worth is. They bring people in to "run" the store and make 20k more than you. I was required to train these people. I made the same as my customer service reps! We went through 8 GMs and about 6 csr. Finally my Dm called and cussed at me on the phone. I was completely bullied for a mistake my gm did, who by the way walked out and quit. So I walked out and quit after I got yelled at. Stressful job. If you have a relationship or kids do not work here. They expect this job to be your life. Unrealistic goals. They will see you a dream and treat you great for a month or so. Awful experience. I would rather be unemployed than to ever work there again! They say store manager makes 40k, now that's a joke!
Not for a family person
General Manager (Current Employee), calumet city ilJune 15, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: hours
I like the job and they are the best at what they do however, it is demanding. They compensate financially for the time demand but if you are looking for work life balance this is not the company
best job ever
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 5, 2015
loved this job until there was a change in management--high performance work place, but new manager tried to micro manage.
Do as I say not as I do, type of company.
General Manager (Current Employee), 12496 Montana, El Paso, TX 79936June 4, 2015
Pros: Hours are not bad for retail
Cons: Management could be use more training.
Titlemax financially is a good company to work for. The management have zero training on people skills or how to deal with different personalities. I do enjoy helping people that need the financial help. They need a better training structure for the younger managers. All in all, the reason for the companies existence is great.
Excellent place to grow
Store Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 4, 2015
I have been able to set careers goals and so far management has helped me accomplish them within the company. I have worked in several locations at least one and each has been a good experience. No office is the same and that gives the oppurtunity to learn different things from different views
Not the place to work if you are family oriented
Store Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaMay 28, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: No family life, benefits are the worst, schedule is horrible
A word of advice, if you don't have thick skin this job is not for you. A typical day involves collection calls, some crazy phone calls when a person's vehicle is repossessed, processing new loans, answering a million and one questions (some have common sense answers), taking payments, hearing people complain about the interest when it was explained to them already. All of that is only the half of a typical day. The management and co-workers change so much that you lose track of who still works for the company and who doesn't. The hardest part of the job, to me, would have to be having to please management with your numbers. If a store's numbers are bad, expect to lose your job because the upper management feels that someone else can do your job better. There is no good part to this job at all. It sucks up all of your time no matter what position you are in, but if you are a store manager expect to work until close most of the time, and if you are a general manager expect to work 8am-8pm every day of the week except for your day off (and upper management will take it from you if your numbers are bad). Yes, there are some holidays that the company is closed for, but it's not all government holidays only a select 6. If you are a single person that is not family oriented, and you have a drive to deal with the craziness then this is a job for you.
One of my favorite companies!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 19, 2015
By working in this industry you were able to make a lot of connections through both work and personal life, that can be taken anywhere. I also had the best repossession company in the business while working there, so it made the challenge of redeeming collateral that much easier!
Great Place to Advance career
Store Manager (Current Employee), Boaz, ALMay 6, 2015
Always pushed to advance.

Great Bonuses/Great pay.

Friendly people.

Work all day.

Excellent place to get taught new skills and expand eligibility with other employers.
Assistant Manager Role
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), GAApril 23, 2015
I was promoted from a Customer Service Representative to an Assistant Manager within 3 months of starting with the company. However, you have to work late nights and weekends often. The company as a whole does not consider their employees work/life balance.
VERY fun place to work, lots of different task.
Customer service representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 20, 2015
Loved Titlemax just because I came in with no experience and it was very easy for me adjust to things. Coworkers were awesome and all treated each other like family. A typical day at work for me would be appraising vehicles, rating them and figuring out what a car value was for the amount we could loan out.
high turn over
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: turn over rate
the turnover rate is high, its a constant cycle of managmenemt. other then that great pay and great customers. close on sundays!!
District manager had poor profesional etiquete
Store manager assistant (Former Employee), illinoisMarch 26, 2015
Pros: they give you good tools to have great customer service skills
Cons: marketing and sales calls
Excellent work environmental with poor upper management and
high expectations.
Hardest thing to do is marketing door to door in unsecure neighborhoods in a freezing temperatures
Professional and fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: long break, great co-workers
Cons: Schedule can be a little rough and leave little time for personal life.
It is a very good place to work. It does take a bit of time on your personal life as it does not leave a lot of room. I love being able to help people who have no where else to turn for there financial needs. I love the feeling of the work place it is very professional but still has the feeling of a big family.
very time consuming
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Riverdale, GAMarch 17, 2015
Cons: work schedule and pay
Sales quotas are not reasonable and the district managers are very strict on his or her employees in their assigned area. Also, because you work anywhere from 50 hours plus every week, it is hard for you to have a social life or spend quality time with your family.
Best suited for entry-level employees
General Manager (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work consists primarily of outbound collection calls. Though this is a task facilitated to supporting staff, there is often so many calls to make that it takes the entire staff to get through them. After the first round of calls, field visits and marketing routes are delegated and executed. The GM and SM visit vendors and merchants to build and maintain partnerships in acquisition of growth through customer referrals and distribution of marketing material. File, title, expense, and employee time card audits are completed regularly. Recovery agents must be contacted regularly for status updates. Inventory, minimum bids, condition reports, and run dates are closely tracked with auto auctions. There is a second round of calls in the afternoon, and throughout the day customers are coming in to make payments, take out new or increase current loans, discuss past due accounts, make arrangements for late payments, say hello and chit chat, or give tips on how to contact hard to reach customers. At the end of the day, customers who were due that day get a field visit and the next days activities get planned and mapped out. It is a lot of work and not uncommon for GM's to find themselves working 8am-8pm several times a week.

What I learned working for TitleMax, is that competitors are not your enemies. The market is big enough for everyone to get a piece, and with the right approach your competitors can become your best resource.

Management is where it falls a part in this company. There is so much movement taking place with upper-management. In one year my region went – more... through six Regional Mangers; my district went through four District Managers, and almost all executive positions changed hands at least once. Every time one of these positions changed hands employees were moved or terminated and policies and procedures were modified, discontinued, replaced, or invented. This was the hardest part of the job. In one month alone the loan process was changed more than four times which resulted in an increase of approval time two to three times longer than the original process. The constant changes make it extremely challenging to train and retain new hires, and complicate the flow in time management to complete to vast amount of tasks that need to be completed in a day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the multifaceted structure. There is a freedom in being able to leave the store to meet with vendors, conduct field visits, and interact with the local business community. I also enjoy employee development. It is very easy for entry-level employees to move up in this company, and those who do well get a lot of praise and attention. Overall, this is a great place to get your foot in the door, but not the best place to plant roots for a career. – less
great customers
Store Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2015
Pros: you get paid
Cons: no advancement
It's a good place to learn leadership, what I enjoy most is the team at the store level and customers and hours. but higher management has very high over turn.
Changing Lives
Store Manager (Current Employee), Blackstone VaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: health insurance, sunday's off
Cons: chasing customers
A typical day at work starts with collection calls, then the store errands, assisting customers, marketing/chasing customers. The hardest part of my job is locating customers and their vehicle. I enjoy helping the customers and breaking my goals.

1 2 3 4 5