TitleMax Employee Reviews in United States

Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJanuary 14, 2016
TitleMax is a good place to work. However, management needs to be taught you lead by example, not by training people to do your job so you won't have to do. It's good to learn but it is also good to work as a team not divided meaning you do what I say do and not what I do mentality.
Not a good company
Account Manger/ Assistant Office Manager/ (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 27, 2016
horrible management, unfair work loads with not enough pay. Not a team environment. Too much wear and tear on my vehicle
Titlemax
OFFICE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  BROWNSVILLE TXSeptember 2, 2015
Professional work place with opportunity to grow, all about numbers and loans, expectations are to be met at all times. I learned money management as well as employee management. Office management and multitasking being a big part of the job.
Pros
OPPORTUNITY TO GROW
Cons
LONG HOURS
good company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNDecember 21, 2015
You have set Dailey goals for sales and collections. Its a great place to work if you trying to learn and grow. Management has a lot of changes.Trying to reach goals is very stress full. Times are changing making it difficult to reach loans
Pros
bonus
Cons
hard to reach goals
good place to work
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Its a good company to work for if you have the time to dedicate to it. Compensation is good , all based off of your performance. you dictate what you can potentially earn.
Very dangerous job!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VA ,AL, TNAugust 31, 2015
this is a very dangerous job. they make you go to a lot of locations mainly peoples homes and apartment complex's to talk to delinquent customers about their accounts. It is dangerous because, you never know the type of person you may run into at the homes or the type of environment. I have went to abandoned houses and people were coming out of them, there have been instances where there were big giant dogs guarding the entry way. you have to perform vehicle inventories in the hot sun and in the freezing cold. its all about the numbers to so work your but off!
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
everything else besides the money and benefits
Enjoyed being able to help customers with fast loans on the spot. I did excel at my performance goals, and enjoyed making extra in commission dollars.
Exceled at sales on performance based promotions (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 19, 2015
The best part of the job was outside marketing and Chamber events to promote my business. I was a commission based sales person and I did excel at my sales.
Pros
Fast Paced, Commission based, Closed Sundays
Cons
Long hours, working every weekend, job turnover was great.
Puts money in front of employees
General manager (Current Employee) –  TitlemaxFebruary 15, 2016
I have never worked for a company that would rather you wreck in a snowstorm before they let you leave early. They cant keep anybody because they treat you like robots. They expect you to keep charge offs under 2.5% but you cant field visit or call refs. What a joke for a company. The DM for D25 thinks he can fix everything but in all reality he is about to lose many employees.
Loan Sharks
Customer Service Rep. /Sales (Former Employee) –  Laurens SCJuly 23, 2015
Marketing: Putting out flyers in parking lots, going to local businesses, helping with fund raisers
Loans: New, Renewal, Appraisals and Closings
Taking Payments, Collection/Collection Calls, Field Visits, Inspection on repo’s, Post office runs, Bank Deposits, writing checks for clients to post office
Finance Manager
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNApril 23, 2015
• Office Manager
• Over the phone and outside marketing
• Collections
• Field visits
• Customer Service
• Training employees
• Setting and achieving goals
• Handle daily collection calls and field visits to collect on delinquent accounts
• Enter data from new accounts and updating customer information
• Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
• Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
• Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
• Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
• Creating daily and monthly profit goals and initiating plans to meet those goals.
• Creating monthly business plans to better business and employee performances.
• Employee monthly evaluations.
• Promissory money and buying out competitors loans.
Pros
Closed on Sundays, Good benefits, Vacation time
Cons
No breaks at times, Working weekends, Long hours, Pay is mostly commission based
stressful environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartselle, ALAugust 30, 2015
high stress job, Company has no job security
Loved the money and the customers.
I learned a lot about business management.
Negative
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2015
Was not the best decision of my career path, but I did learn a lot on what not to do in a company. The management was all for themselves and was not about the client.
Great, first-time, office manager experience
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 9, 2015
Fun place to work with a supportive team & management. The best part about the job is that they promote within the company.
Pros
monthly profit bonus
Cons
location
good income. managers need to work 55+
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 21, 2016
it was a good experience, they hired good managers, good income, hardest part of the job you have to work from 8.30am to 8.00pm.some times you can't take break because you are short handed. good part, good benefits, help people when they need money.
Pros
Good income
Cons
Short staff, too many hours to work
Fast paced always busy with work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJanuary 19, 2016
overall i enjoy working at title max. There are a few things i would change. I like that I get an hour lunch break. I enjoy writing loans and meeting new people. They are heavy on marketing so you will go out a nd flyer parking lots and do a lot of door direct mailings. A lot of cold calling and filing.
Pros
an hour lunch break
Cons
super expensive health care, not always a team environment
Enjoyable work life balance.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2015
Worked hard, for the amount of time i was there. I enjoyed the atmosphere, till we got a new DVP and Vice President of Operations. I work for the first year in my first location. I took the store to the top 10% in the company. Then a temp DM came in and moved me to another location to fix and cleanup the fraud the previous GM created while she was there. That store has always struggled in its location, with the previous 4 GM's that were there before me, who were also terminated. Once i fixed the store and kept the customers from taking the company to court, since all the fraud was swept under the rug, by the temp Dm, regional Manager and the new DVP.I was shown the door, because the door wasnt writing loans, and doing all i could do and my store manager, with all the marketing we could create. Even though i am no longer there, i do keep in touch with people still there, and i'd return in a minute, as long as the current DM who is there, wasnt there.
Pros
Work life Balance
Cons
Expect the employment will be short lived, as why they have such a high turnover of GM's.
Results driven business model
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2015
There is an opportunity to make a good salary. But, there is also a great deal of pressure on store level employees. Your career begins anew every month.
great to help customers in need
store manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2016
I love helping people in need, at my job im a account manager for them I help them consolidate other loans into just one loan. I also manage a csr and a assistant I help them manage customers account and making right choices with loaning. the hardest part of my job is repoing vehicles because of none payment
Efficient, customer oriented environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxSeptember 22, 2015
Management was good, there was so much room to move up and so many opportunities to grow as an individual and as an employee.
Fun and friendly work enviorment but lack of certain perfessionalism. also lied bout my benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAApril 27, 2016
Fun and friendly work place but they made promises and never followed through with them. Also I never got the benefits promised to me and also they took my PTO time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TitleMax. Our community is ready to answer.