TiVo Employee Reviews

The Healthy Environment
QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Great company with a very friendly employees. As for me I had the best manager . It was my first job and I enjoyed to work over there with very experienced co workers.
Fun brand, but company undergoing some restructuring
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San JoseNovember 26, 2017
Lots of employee turnover lately, as TiVo struggles to find it's footing in an ever-changing competitive landscape. The future doesn't look as bright as it used to, and employees are starting to see that.
Pros
Fun people, flexible hours
Cons
Uncertain future, unreasonable employee expectations
Fun and Energetic company
Executive Assistant to the CHRO (Current Employee) –  Alviso, CANovember 20, 2017
Tivo is a really fun place to work. Everyone seems to love what they do and are eager to help and assist others to succeed. The workplace culture is relaxed and everyone is very friendly.
Pros
Friendly & Fun atmosphere
Cons
Commute
A Typical Day at work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 16, 2017
Honestly this is one of the funnest jobs I have ever had. I love complicated networking issues and this job had plenty of them. Of course you get the occasional "Turn it off and on again" calls, but other times you had to help someone run a network from the modem in his house to two separate routers, one of while has a 200ft run to his poolhouse and getting everything to work without severely impacting the speed of his network.
Pros
Fun Challenging work
Cons
Outsourced
Bad Culture and Lack of Direction
SYSTEMS/BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PASeptember 5, 2017
With so many layoffs, most in the company are perpetually afraid for their jobs. Those making directional decisions have no basis in the day to day operations of the company and therefore decisions are ill-conceived and unrealistic.
Lost at Sea
Retail Training Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2017
TiVo is a great company with a historic lineage that has lost its way. Its near death experience, caused by cable companies and the commoditization of the DVR, has left upper management so conservative they are unwilling to take any changes. In the technology world, there can be no success without risk, and TiVo is unwilling to make any waves.
Pros
People, Products
Cons
Your co-workers are great to work with
Any (Former Employee) –  AnywhereAugust 23, 2017
The atmosphere at TiVo is great and the people are fun and generally work well together. However, if you are not an engineer your pay is next to nothing. There is no real room for promotion or moving around within the company.
Very supportive, focused, and based in reality
Sr. Security Analyst/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alviso, CAAugust 22, 2017
Excellent boss, good work hour flexibility.

Co -workers extremely helpful and patient. Very few extraneous meetings--all very businesslike

Extremely sorry I left!!!
Pros
Very flexible schedule and some remote OK
Cons
Unsettled due to recent acquisition.
Good company to work for
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Alviso, CAJuly 30, 2017
Good company located in Milpitas with good future . Very dynamic working atmosphere and I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a potential growth.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Not sure
Pretty Good
Sr. Visual Designer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 19, 2017
Your experience will be dependent upon who you work with. I was lucky to work with a great group of people and enjoyed the experience. TiVo's been around for a long time, so the culture is pretty settled - meaning that there are people who have been their for 14 yrs. They're not going to be working at a super-fast pace or staying late every night. That sets a good tone for everyone else.
Pros
Relaxed environment, reasonable expectations
Cons
Declining market for their product.
TiVo was the best company in terms of culture.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 6, 2017
Great company to work for in the 10 years I worked there. TiVo was acquired by Rovi and the company culture completely changed. I am no longer at TiVo but I hear things are not as great as they were before the merge.
Good
Usability Researcher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 18, 2017
TiVo is a great place for work/life balance. At the time that I worked there there is essentially one product with minor variations. I changed jobs to get more of a variety of products to work on.
Fun environment to work in.
QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAMay 17, 2017
Had good new technologies to work on.

Fun lively co-workers.

Kitchen was always stocked with good snacks and had good Team building outings which everyone enjoyed.
Stagnant Business
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAMay 13, 2017
Staying at TiVo is a job that you stay before you retire. Working hard depends on your department and what you work on. Culture is very political and only the strong survive.
Work life balance, friendly work environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 12, 2017
Tivo is a very friendly work place. No politics in my team. Company culture is very generous spending money on employees like holiday parties stuff for the family. Benefit is very good too. There's not too much over time. But I don't know how it is after the acquisition.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Limited growth opportunity
Great culture
SENIOR FINANCIAL SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 27, 2017
I enjoy working TiVo. Great culture and right motivation from management. Get enough opportunities to improve and mentoring from Leader ship.
Management share and update on the company goals and road map.
Great company to work for
Data Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2017
Company culture was wonderful. Lots of new products to learn. Everyone willing to help. Good company to work for. Room to grow. Managers care about seeing you succeed.
great place to work, good benefits, and professional staff
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I feel very luck to work with such a knowledgeable and friendly team. The managers are really down to earth and very supportive of their team. Everyone is very friendly and professional. I learned a lot from my managers and co-workers. I have so much fun hanged out with my team during lunch.
Pros
There is free lunch on month-end/quarter-end close week.
Cons
n/a
Enjoyed working with VIPs
Director VIP Acquisition and Special Projects (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
Many VIPs love their TiVo once they experienced it so it was a very satisfying position working with them on a day-to-day basis.
A nice group of people
Advertising Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part was the group of people that I worked with on a day to day basis, and the positive attitude most people had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TiVo. Our community is ready to answer.