TiVo Employee Reviews in United States

Love working at TiVo
Sr. Manager SAP and Enterprise Applications (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2016
I enjoy working TiVo. Great culture and right motivation from management. Get enough opportunities to improve and mentoring from Leader ship.
Management share and update on the company goals and road map.
Pros
Management, Leadership, Work life balance
Cons
Company road map
Fun place to work
Sr. Software QE Engineer/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2016
TiVo is a fun and rewarding place to work. Environment is fast and challenging. Employees are rewarded for accomplishments.
Fun working place
Senior SAP Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 11, 2016
Good Company to work
I have learned new SAP technologies in TiVo
We have lots of social events
Good Management
Got Best Work place award multiple times
Overall Great Company
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Alviso, CAMarch 10, 2016
TiVo is a great company to work for. Great company culture and work/life balance. Hardworking and dedicated colleagues.
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2016
I have learnt many technologies and worked with a great team.
Team Lead so supporting and always encouraged the one who is the best .
Goes above and beyond to complete task
TiVo Veteran Internship (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Alviso, CANovember 21, 2015
• Analyzed problems in during operational hours of 24x7x365
• Installed Linux CentOS 6.3 operating systems on workstations, ran Network cables from HP Blade servers to network switches, troubleshot and serviced HP Blade servers’ remote iLO network adapters, HP/Compaq, Sun servers at Equinox Co Lo and 4 different Main Data Centers
• Relocated and decommissioned over 122 servers
• Un-racked, re-racked, installed and configured new servers, consolidated servers for decommissions/ hardware including stacking, wiring, cable managing and labeling machines
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
24/7
Brilliant
IOS Developer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 13, 2015
Healthy competition, good work culture and excellent organization of work flow from development to deployment. I am glad I started my career here. Got to learn a lot from this company.
Mediocre
MSO (Former Employee) –  Alviso, CaAugust 22, 2015
Everything about this company, from the top down, screams status-quo and mediocrity. The CEO is based out of New York and has no clue what it takes to run a Silicon Valley company. The company is slowly dying and will likely not be able to cover the revenues that come from patent fees which dry up in 2018.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not a place you want to build a career if you're motivated to change the world
Certification QA (Former Employee) –  Alviso, CAJune 5, 2015
TiVo was probably the best place I have ever worked. All of the people are great and the work is fun. Had a great time there.
Very nice place to work
SENIOR ACCOUNT PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Alviso, CASeptember 10, 2014
It is a very nice place to work. All co-worker are friendly and helpfull.
So much untapped potential
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alviso, CAApril 17, 2014
Working at TiVo is like being on a roller coaster as far as the business performance.
The amount of work per employee is increasing as they continue to layoff veteran employees who really know the business and products, supposedly to help with the bottom line.
The product is truly great, winning multiple Emmy awards over the years. Upper management not so much, though there are bright spots there as well.
The main redeeming quality for me are the workers in the trenches. TiVo somehow attracts a lot of really nice, hard-working people, and maintains a nice, collaborative work culture, in spite of the many challenges it faces in its industry, within its own higher ranks, and financially.
Pros
easy going coworkers who maintain a high level of performance, collaborative culture
Cons
uncertain future, volatile stock price, minimal annual pay increases
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Lead Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 26, 2014
The people who work at TiVo are a great bunch; the culture is friendly and breezy. The work load is fast and heavy and never lets up. It was the best place I'd worked for a long time, mostly because the Doc manager I hired on with was the best I'd ever worked with and she created a happy and safe environment. But when she left TiVo after I'd been here a year, most of the good things about being a writer at TiVo left with her.

[Please do no publically display my review--I offer it in confidence.]
Pros
free fruit twice a week.
Cons
lunches longer than an hour and leaving before 5:00 are frowned upon.
Technically I did not work for TiVo, but Center Partners
Sales/Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 15, 2013
I really enjoy their product. I hope they can stay afloat in the market. They have the same requirements as any other corporation, which can sometimes get tiring, but if I could still be a QA tech for them, I would!
Pros
got to be my own boss and help develop and improve their scoring methods
Cons
they let center partners dispose of valuable employees
Stay Away
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 12, 2013
STAY AWAY!

This company has no clue how to be internally productive. Groups are often silo'ed and rarely are alligned for cooperative customer support. Management have thier own backs covered and will work you 60-75Hr weeks. There are at least 5 crises a day to overcome in addition to your own work. Job security is secondary.This company will let you go even with good-excellent reviews. Management review meetings are like the spanish inquisition. Your manger does not support you.

Run Far , Far away.
Pros
salary is decent
Cons
layoffs are frequent and rarely advertised in the media.
Was a great company but not any more
Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Alviso, CAApril 24, 2013
TiVo used to be an innovator but not anymore. The management vision was not clear. Products are all market followers.

There are a lot of excellent engineers. They started to leave the company though. The company had hard time to retain top talents.
Pros
summer bbq event.
Cons
no business vision. management is very opaque.
Dysfunctional management team creates unhealthy culture
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Alviso, CADecember 3, 2012
Some nice people and perks at this company. Several VP's and directors should have been released years ago. Engineering teams are at odds with one another and User Experience team has too much control over the direction of a product they've done very little to improve over the past few years. It's time for an overhaul!
Pros
parties and perks
Cons
lack of true leadership and vision
Very good company to work for.
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alviso, CANovember 9, 2012
I was happy to work for TiVo.
management was nice, working on different projects were up to satisfactory
Excellent Company with work life balance
Project Manager , Global Outsourcing (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 8, 2012
Excellent Company with work life balance.
perfect place to work for people who want to grow in their career path. Excellent opportunities.
Pioneering digital TV company with amazing engineering talent, but...
Director Engineering (Current Employee) –  AlvisoMay 11, 2012
TiVo has been around for over a decade and have some amazing talent within the company. I've found that the staff to be extremely bright and talented, but IMHO, executive management have not been able to find the optimal method of utilizing the talent to their fullest potential. TiVo as a company is transitioning from a CE focused company to a partnership company. However, in this transition they have lost focus on innovation. TiVo product offering is outdated and in many ways behind industry standards. TiVo culture is very relaxed and I've been able to find great work/life balance; to the point where I no longer find work challenging.
A great product, a great brand, disappointing market share
Executive Producer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 5, 2012
TiVo has always had the best DVR product on the market by far, but some early strategic missteps and a patent environment that allowed competitors to copy the vasic functionality cost the company the market dominance the product deserved.
Pros
smart, good people
Cons
uncertain future, sluggish subscriber growth