TJ Maxx (TJX Companies) Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the customers and co-workers
TJ Maxx Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 22, 2017
It was a nice company to work for, however the pay was low and working part-time was somewhat good, Enjoyed the staff and helping customers with their item of choice. I worked with the mark-down team very early in the morning and it was fun.
Pros
pay was low and no benefits as a part-time employee
Cons
would of enjoyed it if company provided more hours then 30 hrs.
Easy and fun job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2017
TJ Maxx is an easy and fun first job, but sometimes I feel the managers don't really care about you. Loved getting paid weekly and made great friends, though.
Pros
Paid weekly
terrible place to work
Mark Down Associate (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYSeptember 20, 2017
the managers were favoring other employees. talking down to people, calling associates stupid and uneducated or telling them to use more drugs. they didnt give fair hours and took hours away last minute to people who needed them after they were promised 20 hours a week secured, they would end up with 8
It was cool working there
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
I didn't get to many days and hour, the breaks was short. I liked working there don't get me wrong but it wasn't really the best job to work at unless you didn't want to work that much.
Pros
Some cool Associates
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 18, 2017
I overall enjoyed working at TJ Maxx the managers and co-workers always made it a good time to go to work. I enjoyed what I did helping customers was something I was good at.
Pros
Great store
Cons
Short break
great temporary job for student
TJ Maxx Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for TJMAx. My very first job. My managers are all awesome and great. I learned a lot of customer services etiquette. Great environment and awesome place.
Pros
Discount
Cons
minimum wage.
Productive and balanced
Women's Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MASeptember 17, 2017
A typical work day would go by fast as many customers came in and asked for help, which kept me occupied. There was always something to do. I learned that how to return items for customers. The management was very good. I liked my manager. The workplace was a good environment, there were many nice people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unfriendly customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully helping customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Fun enviorment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 14, 2017
Working here was a very fun experience because I got to meet new people everyday. The hours were great very early morning and you got off at a decent time which is around early afternoon
It got stressful with a pregnant manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2017
The managaer would be very demanding and I was also new so I didn't know a lot, and the manager wanted things done too fast for my beginners pace. I left the job for nannying.
Good part time job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 14, 2017
It's a good first time job or for someone whose in school or elderly. The discount is only 10% which is garbage compared to everywhere else. It's $9 an hour to start with $1 after 30 days then raises are VERY hard to come by. Getting a promotion is also very hard. They are more about getting rewards (credit card applications) than their employees too which sucks.
Pros
Free food (sometimes), lenient dress code, can pick which department you want to be in
Cons
Barely room for advancement, 10% discount, 30 hour work week cap (for part time), management asks too much for what you're paid
un productive
Distribution Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 12, 2017
This place was rough for two and a half years just pretty bad wages and the union doesn't even help you at all the supervisors were great but the work sucked
Pros
good managers
Cons
short breaks bad union
Fun and relaxed workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 12, 2017
It was fun and mostly stress free to work at T.J Maxx. Only problem I had was getting asked to work more hours and cover shifts of people that did not come to work or called off work.
Pros
occasional free food
good part-time job for young adult or student
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MISeptember 12, 2017
Typical work day is busy, full of things to do. Management is less than impressive. Hardest part of the job is the unnecessary stress placed upon full-time employees by management.
Alot
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MASeptember 10, 2017
Long days, with hard working fun people enjoyed the job very much. Tjmaxx credit cards should not be shoved down people's throat however and make the front end position stressful and made me dislike my job very much to much careing about getting credit cards instead of customer service. Did not like the pay also, felt as I should of been paid better for the job .
Pros
Fun people, discounted merchandise
Cons
Human resources, stressful, pay
Tj max
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Really not much I can say about TJ/Maxx considering this is a very short time of my life. Having this job was a pain, being bossed around like your not an equal is tiring. And the pay could barely get you by.
Pros
clothes
Cons
not enough pay
Fun friendly workplace.
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKSeptember 7, 2017
It's a good work environment. The managers and other associates are friendly. The pay is above minimum wage. They can make your hours pretty flexible if you attend school or stuff like that.
Grate place tp work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoudsburg paSeptember 7, 2017
I think it is awsome place to. Work an you have to be fast pace an u need to know an lurn fast an u need to put a lock on ur locker an u also need to keep ur head up
Pros
Micowaves
Cons
Hostel people
Great employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 7, 2017
Relaxed easy going. Helpful team. Always keeping you busy. Pushing frieght on slow days. Helping customers find what they are looking for. Greeting them at the door with a warm welcome
Productive & varied interests
Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 6, 2017
I really liked working for TJX Companies.
The variety is amazing! Designer everything!!
Loved the influence of craftsmanship from around the world!!!
Training people that I pre-interviewed was great.
I started training them from day 1 so we worked like a well oiled machine!
Pros
Knowing the merchandise
Cons
Standing a bit too long some days
customers
Customer Service Coordinator/ and Cash Office (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 6, 2017
I started out working in the cash office which I loved and then customer service desk. I moved up in the company fast until I came down to Columbus Ga. The management team here is totally different then where I came from. The store manager is awesome, but some of the other mangers creates a hard workplace to work in. But I love serving my customers with the best customer services and the hardest part for the job is the hours. One week you may get one day, the other week five days. I have been with the company part time since the early 90's, but its just a part time position.
Pros
discount
Cons
Never know your hours because they change weekly