TLC Health Network

TLC Health Network Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Mental Health/Chemical dependency Secretary (Former Employee), Irving, NYDecember 10, 2014
This was a good place to work with good benefits and perks. I would have stayed except i left to attend college full time. Management was approachable and willing to help at all times. I learned a lot about medical information confidentiality and billing.
awesome job
Intern (Former Employee), Irving, NYDecember 2, 2014
everyone was super nice and made you feel welcome. I learned a lot about every department.
A great place to work!!
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Irving, NYNovember 16, 2013
Very flexible, family oriented, community minded. very friendly, caring and devoted co-workers.
Great work environment
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Irving, NyNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great health benefits, competitive salary
Cons: facility is preparing to close.
Great interdisciplinary team work between therapy and nursing departments. Management is sensitive to the needs of the co-workers life inside and outside of the work environment. Most rewarding part of the job is the opportunity to work across the: in-patient, out-patient, SNF and LTC disciplines.
Enjoyed my job as Unit Clerk where I felt needed by the other staff and the patients alike..
Emerald Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, NYOctober 22, 2013
Pros: i had learned to be more confident in dealing with people
Cons: the slow response times to patient care requests
It was a very rewarding job for me.
I enjoyed the demand to file and document correctly for the health professionals I worked with, the need for confidentiality, and often to help find supplies to better serve our patients.
The most interaction I had with our patients was at a relaxed mealtime or taking them to there specialized appointments as needed. During those times I enjoyed talking with patients and they were most grateful for any kindness shown. This was there last place on this earth for our Long Term Care patients and I wanted it to be as good as possible for them.
The hardest part of the job for me was saying good-bye. So many of our long term care patients over the years had passed and it was always such a sad time for us all. We tried to comfort the family as well as keep out patients comfortable. The patients almost become your family after caring for them for so long.
Enjoyed my job as Unit Clerk for the most part.
Emerald Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, NYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed that each day was different but yet there was a basic routine to the day as well.
Cons: staffing shortages sometimes required that we all step up to the plate a little more, sometimes doing some things that were not in your job description.
I began my career at TLC Health Network with no previous knowledge of the medical field. Over the years; I have learned so much medical information from doctors, nurses and aides I was working with. I enjoyed the contact with patients and their families; knowing that we as a unit, where meeting their needs. I had the priviledge of learning most of my secretarial skills on the job, the importance of confidentiality, speaking on an overhead call system( the hardest part of the job for me), always helpful to all that approach the desk, and helping patients find staff to meet their needs, all while answering multiple phones. The pleasure I got from my job was knowing that I had made my nurses job easier by providing paper forms, supplies for treatments, organizing packets for admissions, and finding all that they needed each and every day so that they could devote more of their time to the care of their patients. The worst part of the job that I found stressful , was the phone calls to different insurance companies to get referrals for treatments. I found it to be the most difficult, by luckily the nursing staff was willing to take a call if the questions got to medically involved.
Turning Around In Healthcare
Administrative Assistant to COO (Current Employee), Irving, NYDecember 2, 2012
Pros: onsite cafeteria, challenges, a great learning experience
Cons: small budget, shrinking workforce
TLC Health Network is simply in a time of transition. The leadership is excellent in a time of extreme chaos. A typical day is rare, but may include scheduling difficult meetings, taking minutes, solving complex problems, and making sure the right leaders are involved in every situation. I have learned a great deal about healthcare and the skill and wisdom needed to lead in such an unsure economy. My co-workers are amazing!! They are dedicated and loyal. The hardest part of my job is my inability to do more. Without a clinical background and with a very strict budget; the need to move forward is imminent. The most enjoyable part of my job is working the one of the best leaders I have ever known in our COO. The deep purpose I serve and the honor of following.

About TLC Health Network

TLC Health Network is quality healthcare where caring comes first. Established in 2002 through the merger of Lake Shore Health – Read more