TLC Management Employee Reviews in United States

Caring, committed and always seeking to improve
CNA (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 7, 2015
I really enjoy working here because it was evident to me, even before I began working for the company, that TLC is committed to providing maximum care to all its residents. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful, from management to a housekeeper, from the DON to a CNA. Yeah, there are a few who need to settle down and just get back to work, but overall it's a pretty good team.

Upper management seems to have been taking a closer look at employee satisfaction more recently and, hopefully, the changes will continue to make this an even better place to work.

I'm anxious to see if they come up with a way to move up the ladder !?!?!
Pros
Caring staff. Competitive pay and benefits. Job security.
Cons
Still need to weed out a few bad apples
A good small company
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 1, 2016
A small office setting where everyone gets to know everyone and become like family.
trustworthy and dependable wanting to help the tenants and owners and do a good job. the staff work hard to make that happen.
Pros
family like setting
Cons
it is a little stressful
Excellent place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INMay 4, 2016
Hamilton Pointe is an excellent place to work. The coworkers are great. And the residents make each day worth it. The new administrator and DON are truly trying to make this facility the best it can be.
Pros
Bonuses for picking up extra shifts.
Cons
Just the usual healthcare problems.
TLC Management
VP Marketing Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 24, 2016
I used my knowledge of microsoft word and excel. I created banners, flyers, posters, radio ads, tv commercials for all facilities corporate wide. I also kept track of schedules, scheduled appointments and worked with team members on new programs, and prepared reports for the VP of Marketing.
Pros
8-5 and no weekends, occasionally golf
Cons
low wage
Job is much too hard for salary compensation
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marion, In.October 16, 2015
Have learned much about caring for the elderly. Enjoy interacting with them. Hardest part of the job is never having enough help. Aides calling in or not showing up for their shifts which in turn causes nurses to do their job and aides job. Management more concerned with filling beds then caring for residents. Too much red tape when a resident is admitted.
Pros
Interaction with coworkers.
Cons
Not enough help, forced to work some week-ends.
it was a fun place to work
Aide (Former Employee) –  Marion, SCDecember 7, 2015
I loved my job loved the clients love to clean an looking out for the elderly.the hours when I first started.working at this company meeting new people was great.
Great company to work for
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Peru, InDecember 4, 2012
This is an excellent family owned company. Great spiritual background. Fun work environment. Can be challenging at times but great job security.
Pros
good benefits, shift pick up bonuses
Company constantly promotes within
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
Definitely a fast paced setting and there are always opportunities for advancement. The hardest part is working every Saturday, but this job is a great way to improve your customer service skills.
Working in diversity
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
Manage work order completion and site compliance
HVAC, Plumbing and Building code
supportive
outgoing
On call
making a difference to someone's home
Pros
On site living
Cons
na
Receptionist Review
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INAugust 10, 2013
A typical day at Addison Pointe is running around town with my own car without getting any extra pay for gas or mileage if I want to keep my job and then for all my work, being turned down for promotions that I am well-qualified for in my department and others who watched me run my rear off were the ones who got the promotions. I learned that if you want to get anyplace at Addison Pointe, you must belong to a "click" or else no matter how much you put into your job or how hard you work, you will never get anyplace. I learned that if you get the "kiss up plaque" aka The Employee of the Month award, management will promote you weather you have the expertize that is required or not. The co-workers will gossip about you behind you back and then be nice to you in front of your face, needless to say I know this because they do it to each other as well and then smile to their "friends" face. The hardest part of the job is watching somebody who had no experience at all for the for job, just fresh out of high-school and working in an entirely different department get a promotion that normally requires a great deal of experience and a college degree. No wonder the turn-over rate at this facility is high.
Pros
the food is good.
Cons
you have to belong to an offfice click to get anyplace and do a lot of "rear end" kissing.
Enjoyed working with people
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMarch 9, 2015
I was in Management at TLC. The key about keeping good employees, you treat people the way you want to be treated.
When Management gives 100 % then your employees will see that and they will give you 100 %
Pros
free lunch everyday
Found my passion with this company
Executive Director, Catered Living (Former Employee) –  Peru, IndianaJune 22, 2012
I entered Long Term Care just by chance. It was the right time, right place during my job search. It was here that I realized that my passion is definitely in long term care. Having the ability to show compassion to those who are towards the end of their life and helping their families realize their loved ones were safe in my facility. The majority of the employees were there because they wanted to be. They shared my respect for the elderly and compassion for those in need. The hardest part of the job was obviously letting go of residence as it as their time to pass. The most enjoyable part was definitely knowing I was making a positive difference in the lives of those in the facility as well as their families. Managament has a great business plan and visits their facilities regularly to ensure they are up to standard.
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Evansville INJuly 29, 2014
Hamilton Pointe has by far the absolute worse management I've seen in 14 years. They do not care about anything bt the bottom line. Residents come last. If you dnt need therapy forget abt good care! They treat employees horrible! If your not in the click your out! Turnover rate has to be extremely high! I would be embarrassed to be in msnagement at this place!
Pros
pay was good
Cons
the horrible management
Growing company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 28, 2012
TLC is a growing company with lots of new ideas in property management.
A mistake in every way possible...
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Avon, INNovember 15, 2013
When I first started working at Avon Health and Rehabilitation, I thought it was a position I could work for ages. After working there for 9-months I would rather rip my own fingernails off!
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
there's not enough space here for those...
lied about everything
cna (Former Employee) –  Gary IndianaMarch 23, 2014
Human resources lied about vouchers for uniforms. we were told that you receive them and never got it. i don't mind buying my own uniforms but don't lie about the help. i told them from day 1 that i need a midnight shift and i was given a 3 to eleven shift.
Pros
location
Cons
human resources
was a good place to work if you like to be told that you will get promoted and never have that happen
house keeping (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 14, 2013
I was told that i would be trained for night audit but that never happened and after a while I got tired of waiting for them to put me in that position
No integrity
LPN (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 23, 2013
Managers do not want employees to succeed. Employees have bad attitudes, do not want to work and stab each other in the back. Administrator talks about his Christian values, but lies.
Spiritial
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 15, 2011
Company has the right concept just need to follow through with it.
Pros
it is very good company.
Cons
pay not good
Homeview Center of Franklin, IN
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INSeptember 5, 2013
Not enough staff. Horrible equipment that barely works. Does not recognize employees.

TLC Management Reviews by Location