TLC

TLC Employee Reviews

Unique Experience, Unique Food
English Teacher (Former Employee), Dongguan, ChinaJune 7, 2015
Pros: Gifts from students and experience in a new culture
Cons: 14-16 hour work days
Class start promptly at 8 am with 6 session lasting till 5 pm and another more relaxed lesson starting at 8 pm. The days are long and hard, but seeing students improve their English so that they might go to America one day is priceless.
I learned to always be ready with Plan B, and Plan C, and you might as well have a Plan D and E while you're at it. One lesson may be awesome, but the next might – more... fall like a hot potato. Also, there are other administrators who come it to observe or give announcements, so that activity you had planned is now kicked to the curb. Adaptability, Adustability, Sustainability.
My co-teacher was great. We lived in the same apartment, so that made creating lesson plans easier and passing the baton easier. Since we were in China, our resources were greatly dwindled, especially since the internet has many limitations, but we both were creative and used that to our advantage.
We were expected to interact with the students as much as possible, which sometimes kept us out till midnight, so of course creating lesson plans started later than an ideal time. But each student was precious and loved buying us presents and lunches to show their appreciation.
The management was a little disorganized, and if it rained, then everything stood still. The differences in culture were frustrating and amusing, teaching me that every good employee needs a sense of humor. – less
Great Daycare
Lead Staff (Former Employee), Spanish Fork, UTMay 28, 2015
Pros: job
Cons: mentally tired at the end of the job
I worked for the company for lets just say a lot of years and I did love it, I will say that aside from your check, there was no benefit to working there. The owner and assistant were wonderful and tried to do the best they could to work out whatever issues they could weather it be a staff issue, parent issue or whatever it may be. the owner was always trying to make improvements when ever she could.
Not a very dependable company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Northboro, MassMay 13, 2015
Cons: Was guaranteed 40 hours, but nothing like that. Hours always change from week to week. Not very dependable
Company plays favoritism towards certain people, not very dependable company to work for. Not getting 40 hours a week, barely get 20 for the week.
I liked exploring the componets of the computers & software.
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 22, 2015
Pros: Having computers with which to work.
Cons: Not enough parts.
I would go to my station among the corporate workers. I learned how to fit drives and circuit boards together to work with the mother board. Management just let me go at it seldom needing help. Sometimes I could help a co-worker with a virus problem. I ran out of part to do upgrades. They were all Dell Computers. That made the comparisons between computer models easer.
overall i liked the job i wished the owner of the company could pay the drivers more money an hour
Driver (Former Employee), burnsville mnApril 22, 2015
Pros: i was on my own i got the job done
Cons: sometimes i had sit for an hour for my next pick up
pick up school kids in the morning then pick people up with health problems bring them to dialyss doctor appointment eye doctor physical therapy. i learned that i have to be patient with senior citizens management was ok i liked working with my co workers hardest part driving in morning and afternoon rush hour the enjoyable part of my job was driving because i was by myself my own boss you have to use common sense and good judgement over all i liked the job
Decent job
High Reach Lift Driver (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Overtime Hours if needed
Cons: Low advancement Opprotunity
The hardest thing about this job would be getting used to work in a freezer for long hours but once you can build up a little tolerance to the cold the job is decent for a short period of time two years max. it will take a toll on your body.
family owned business, very low key
commercial casting director-assistant (Former Employee), Hollywood, CAApril 4, 2015
Pros: lots and lots of fun working very hard.
Cons: none
typically work began early, around 8:00 a.m. and continued all day well into the evening, finishing around 8:00p.m. or later.I learned everything about the casting processes for commercials, learned all the talent agents, which ones had the talent.learned videotaping and direction skills, my co-workers were my family. hardest pert of the job was getting everything done on time, most enjoyable part was interacting with the actors.
UBER Black Limo car service
Driver (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free schedule
Good opportunity to make extra money. You can drive whenever You want. You can rent a car from them or finance it. There is a drivers score and passengers score which is very helpful.
Intertesting and knowledgeable
Office Manager (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, MAMarch 22, 2015
Customer service to help customers with lawn issues. How to treat your lawns. I enjoyed my co-workers. I was a good experience.
Serious but fun over night job
BOUNCER (Former Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free beverages, food.
Cons: no breaks, a lot of fights to break
A typical night at work. I come in , check in, put my things down, and stand where im placed. Every female that walks in I have to give a thorough pat down, check bags, and check I.D. Have to keep an open eye throughout the night to make sure all is well. I learned that for the night to go smoothly everybody has to work as a team. The management agrees and also keeps an eye out. My co-workers were such a great help and team. The hardest part of the job was to stop any fights that would break out because usually it would be more than one, but the most enjoyable part of the job was just listening to the music they played throughout the night and after work just sit down and talk to the co-workers.
Caring staffing company.
Per Diem Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Asheville, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: autonomy within the limits of the company
Review of policy and procedures - suggestions for change and improvement
Ongoing legal changes
the owner manager is personally involved with every client
Caring atmosphere related to the care and concern for the clients shown by the owner/manager
Not hard - interesting - sometimes challenging
Legal review - and coordination of policy and procedures with state complicane
Experience at Groupon
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee), Covington, KYJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work was standing on a line for packing products. I would have someone from the picking department bring me products to be packed. I would then scan the products into their system see the quantity of the product that needed to be packed, assemble the boxes for the product, print out the shipping information and package the product.
My management was extremely understanding and very helpful. My co-workers were very pleasant to be around. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for ten hours a day. the most enjoyable part about the job was that I was apart of making sure that the customers were receiving their packages on time and in full.
Home health
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVJanuary 6, 2015
I loved working here was there over a year and did not miss one day of work .. You get very close to your clients and having that bond is very important
excellent place to work
Occupational Therapist Registered/Licensed (Former Employee), pace, FLJanuary 4, 2015
growing home health company with great bunch of people to work with
Enjoy working with children from 6 weeks to 5 years old
Senior Staff - Daycare Provider (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDDecember 30, 2014
A fun place to work with children to help them learn and grow until they turn 5.
Self Employment Venture
Tutor (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 15, 2014
Pros: independent venture
Cons: no benefits
It is great working independently to help others improve their English skills. Working with Korean, Chinese and Japanese students has been an educational experience for my students as well as myself.
Productive non-profit
Non-Profit Organization (Current Employee), Mesa, AZDecember 4, 2014
We are looking to Send our clients to temporary labor jobs and have a workforce of over 200 clients, we can send anyone anywhere in a moments notice, plus we provide the transportation to ensure perfect attendance and punctuality.
Stressful job
Cab driver (Yellow taxi) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 9, 2014
Pros: working alone
Cons: stressful
It wasn't easy driving in the city, and it's very stressful dealing with different kinds of people. You have to deal with TLC officers all the time, and get tickets for no apparent reason. Unfair treatment to taxi drivers.
Prodctive and Fast pace work place
Flagger/Laborer (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAOctober 27, 2014
I always learn new things about my job as I go about my work week, My boss is great always willing to answear any questions or help out in any way win needed, My co-workers are like a second family we make a strong team that always play well together as well as one on one.
Productive and fun evironment to work at while in interership
Medical Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no cons
Was a wonderful place to work at.. Great staff. I would recommend anyone for this company.

1 2 3 4