TM Floyd & Company

TM Floyd & Company Employer Reviews

TM Floyd Contractor to BCBSSC
Project Leader TRICARE PMO (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: new learning experience, but not that much different from multi-platform project management in the airline industry.
Cons: contract work.
Typical: Project Management across a variety of platforms including Enterprise Systems, Network Connectivity, Web, zLinux virtual servers, cloud based data storage.

Learned: Government sub-contract Project Management

Management: supportive, teamwork oriented environment.

Co-workers: There are many documentation requirements supported by CMMI Level 3 work instructions. Co-workers are supportive in interpreting new publications of work instructions.

Hardest part of the job - Weekly Status Reports. There are 4 levels of audience for the Status Report, Developers on the project, IS Management, Internal Customers, and External Customers (prime contractors. Events of the week must be in a language that is understandable to the Developers through the end user customers (prime contractors).

Most enjoyable part of the job - New challenges with each project. Some projects are internally sponsored (R&D), some are targeted at Web or Network Connectivity sponsored by the Internal or External Customers, and Government Mandates which are typically changes to the Enterprise System only.
Great consulting firm
Systems Consultant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: hardworking team dedicated to placing consultants into best positions available
Being an I.T. consultant at T.M. Floyd was my first foray into the world of contract programming. My time spent there was one of the best job experiences I've ever had. The site staff were very open welcoming and informative. They also made sure that my transition into the world of consulting was a very smooth one. The team members always answered any questions I had or sought the information and quickly got back to me. They also made sure that I had or had access to all the tools I needed to be an effective team member. I would gladly work for the company again should the opportunity arise. I would also highly recommend them to any of my friends and family if they ever had need of an I.T. consulting firm.
Great company to work for.
System Consultant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 10, 2013
Very good employer support. They definitely invest in their people.

About TM Floyd & Company

TM Floyd & Company (TMF) is an Information Technology consulting group dedicated to providing innovative and cost effective – Read more