TMC Orthopedic Employee Reviews

N/a
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
This topic is open for discussion. I have no complaints and enjoyed my time working for this company. I left to work for another employer, as I felt it was more of an advancement in my career.
Productive and great place to work at
Operations Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2016
▪ Assisted the COO with coordinating the company monthly and annual budget
▪ Reviewed and analyzed cost of goods sold, profits and losses, and accounts payable financial statements
▪ Assisted the COO with employee development programs for various departments
▪ Created a database with the contact information of every orthotist and prosthetist in the United States
▪ Helped coordinate and decide on a new payroll process for the company
▪ Prepared a market research report on cranial remolding helmets and on mastectomy products
▪ Recruiter and interviewer for orthotists and prosthetist
▪ Coordinated a throughput efficiency process for the prosthetic department and the patient care centers
Always ready to serve the patient's needs
Patient Advocate/Patient Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Responsible for acting as liaison between the patient and the prosthetist. Insures that all proper prescriptions and documentations are obtained prior to the scheduling of the patient. Enter codes to generate prescriptions
Pros
Paid time off on your birthday
Cons
Get off at 5:30pm
Productive workplace
Help Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2013
Always a great work day
I've learned so much on moving medical records electronically
Great management, treats everyone equally
Was in heaven
BP Data Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2013
This was like family. Had been working in this job for almost 10 years. Started in a remote location of one of the Brace Places. Worked with patients handling admissions, discharge and insurance aspects. Handled product check in and follow-up. Worked event tracking for all aspects of patients from original visit to completion of work and insurance. Promoted to Dispatch position at main office. Trained new employees and developed training manual. Transferred to main brace place office to work with new and existing patients.
Pros
Family environment, solid values, worked with most coworkers for years
Cons
Company had hostile take over, 33 layoffs, pay cuts, rumors would be resold.
Great Benefits and Exceelent employee appreciation!
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  HOuston, TexasJanuary 11, 2013
A typical day at work for me was, immediately when I clock in, I clean the patient waiting room as well as the other patient rooms. I made sure the petty cash and previous work days cash logs were documented and accurate. I greeted patients, took insurance and co pay info, Demographics and made sure they were comfortable while waiting to be seen by the Prosthetist. In this job position, I have learned how to give more excessie customer service and be empathetic to the patients needs/well being. The management was horrible. Everyday I would come to work, my office manager would have an attitude and often show her frustration for her position in front of patients. She is the reason I resigned. I was getting things thrown, snatched, and blamed on me. The hardest part of the job was coming to work having to deal with the stress of someone else's job being taken out on me and the rest of the staff. On the other hand, besides this unprofessionalism, I really enjoyed my position and inter acting with the patients. They often looked forward to coming into our office because they knew, I was going to be there to make them feel better in spite of their situation.
Pros
free christmas party with taxi services to and from your home, no charge. monthly departmental parties. excellent insurance benefits and company recognition.
Cons
unprofessionalism with office manager
Busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2012
Once ownership changed employee moral dropped and new management didn't seem to enthusiastic about bringing it back up.