TMC

TMC Employee Reviews

If you want quick cash
Surveyor (Current Employee), Longwood, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Cons: short breaks
It was your typical day at work. They always need people and their systems always crash. the management is awful they don't watch what your doing and they just hire anyone. But if your looking to make some quick cash their perfect.
no comment
Driver (Former Employee), des moines iaSeptember 2, 2014
when I was there the son was running the company and I was pretty much running freight for 20 cpm. and I was getting 22 cpm for deadheading
A normal day in TMC
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: other managers weren't as respectful
A typical day starts off as me giving my agents a motivational speech so they have a positive attitude and leave all stress and worries out the door. My boss was a great man, And took all the information i could get from him to reflect how I spoke to my agents as if he was speaking to me. My co workers were all very nice people and enjoyed my time talking to them, Everyone seemed to get along very nicely which of course makes the atmosphere a lot nicer to work in. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with 48 agents to make sure everyone's on track and getting the attention they need. My most enjoyable part is getting to work with so many people and learn about each person as each day goes. I wanted to be not just there manager but a friend.
Easy going, literally made my own schedule, worked when and how long I wanted!
Telephone surveyor (Current Employee), Sanford, FLJune 10, 2014
Pros: took breaks as needed. you were allowed to work whenever you wanted.
Cons: didnt really have any benefits for the temporary workers though i was there for more than 6 months.
I enjoyed working at TMC in Sanford, Florida. The other employees including the managers were very friendly and helpful if you ran into a problem.

The position I held was a political surveyor. So it was just a temporary job during the presidential election/campaigns. It was an outbound call center, gathering information from the voters. The information in turn was used in different polls.
Think of employees as property
transportation Fleet Manager (Current Employee), Northeast USMay 17, 2014
Pros: great infastructure and training
Cons: lost site of customer and emplyee satisfaction
They are not about making money but rather controlling people and showing they are in charge. As a fleet manager I do everything from load securement, scheduling trucks and services. Shuttling drivers, janitor etc. As a salaried position I am required to work nights ,weekends and holidays as my post requires . I make sure that even under the dash of all trucks are spotless . They no doubt have the cleanest trucks In the industry but poorest maintained. If they could fix the trucks in a timely manner everyone would be happy.
Fast paced a few great coworkers not many alot of hostility
Tarper (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMay 9, 2014
Pros: met some great people
Cons: poor pay for amount of work we do, leadership, double standard, and discrimnation based on job title.
A typical day at work starts off with loosening trailer straps that hold down tarps and dunnage. After that is done I get the schedule from the scale house and walk down to our break room and read the schedule and count out the number of loads and identify certain load requirements, and prep all the equipment for my coworkers coming into work. My management there is unfortunately the worse I have ever, my boss is only on site for about 2-3 days a week. My boss' second in charge is not fit for supervising over workers which makes it hard to work for them. Both of which treat workers unfair and discriminate based on job title. I have 11 coworkers including my boss that work for TMC and out of 11 coworkers only 5 are hard working people and fun to work with. On the other hand the site where we contract at SSAB located in Montpellier Iowa have a lot of employees and I get along with everyone of them. The hardest part of my job is the lack of motivation and the amount of laziness of most of my coworkers and the rude and hostile behavior shown by the leadership. The few great hard working people I work with are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great place to start a career
Owner-operator/contractor (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 25, 2014
The company had a great working environment with strong workers. It's a great place to start a career as there is tremendous professional development.
Steady work
LINE FOREMAN (Former Employee), Roswell, NMMarch 19, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed my job and my crew was really good to work with. I was foreman of dept. 31 and we built the under carrage of the bus. It wa fast paced and kept you busy all day
Good Company
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), ChicagoMarch 5, 2014
Managed multiple tasks during stressful situations and completed assignments promptly - Collaborated with team members to overcome difficult problems
- Provided assistance willingly on other accounts when there were business needs
- Identified opportunities for cost savings
- Tracked work assignments and logistics orders
Very clean trucks
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: clean trucks
Cons: need to get to know drivers more like were they live
My review of tmc is that the company is a great company to drive for but need more focus on drivers needs...
ok
over the road truck driver (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: nice equiptment
Cons: gone from home
it was alright for a over the road job.the equipment was well taken care of, the people were ok to deal with.
very good company to work for
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: not home with my 2 sons and wife
i have learned to manage my time get loads to and from usually before due they have been very good to me i just want to come off the road to be with my family i love drving a truck worked hard and sacrificed alot to get where i am today
Not a fun work place
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Sanford, FLDecember 23, 2013
They tell you that it's inbound calls but it really isn't, they don't pay you what you have work to earn.
WOW
Therapy (Current Employee), USADecember 22, 2013
Pros: if you are a greedy therapist with no morals this is your home.
Cons: too many to list.
This company is horrible. The productivity requirement is 100%, they ask Assistants to do many things out of their scope of practice. They are only out for themselves care nothing about the therapist, will quickly through you under the bus to save themselves. They tell therapist not to document daily notes, even though it is in the practice act to do so. This is one of the companies that medicare will catch up too and it won't be pretty.

ANYONE that puts profitability in their core values has to have something wrong with them right?
Laid back atmosphere with lots of opportunity to move up.
Senior Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
Very laid back atmosphere with lots of opportunity to move up IF you are willing to work hard. Not a lot of interaction with other teams/departments, only your individual group.
truckdriving
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 15, 2013
Pros: got to see other states
Cons: being away from family for a lond period of time
When I worked for this company my wife and kids did not like my being OTR
WHY- NEW DRIVER ORIENTATION
NEW DRIVER ORIENTATION (Former Employee), TAMPA FLOctober 22, 2013
WENT TO TMC ORIENTATION IN COLUMBIA SC, PASSED ALL CLASS ROOM TESTS, AND ROAD TEST, PASS MY DOT PHYSICAL, EXCEPT MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS HIGH, SENT ME BACK HOME WAS TOLD ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THREE BLOOD PRESURE READINGS FROM MY DOCTOR I DID, HE SENT THEM RIGHT TO TMC IN FOUR DAYS, KEPT CALLING UP AND ASKING IN 4-5 DAYS CALLED AGAIN THEY SAID THE JOB WAS FILLED. WHY LIE
Good company
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 10, 2013
Pros: training, equipment
Cons: fleet managers can seem out of touch with their drivers
TMC offers some of the best training in the industry with very high standards of achievement. overall they work hard to get you home on weekends as much as possible while still meeting their freight requirements.
Awesome, rewading job, long hours!
Manager of Empoyee Services (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 15, 2013
Pros: awesome coworkers, rewarding job
Cons: long hours
Love my job, love the employees and management above me is alright. The hours are long, but the reward is great.
Bad
Telemarketing (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2013
very unorganized and thats all honesty. Learning was not included.
management was unsupervised