TMC Employee Reviews

On the road all the time
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2017
horrible place to work. You basically live in a truck. You have a handler that gives you jobs/ pick ups to make and deliver and it is commission pay.
Pros
get to drive a truck
Cons
never home, horrible pay
Felxible
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 14, 2017
I didn't work here long but when I was working there it was a ok experience. I was in political and let's just say that was boring not that that's TMC fault.
Pros
You break when you want and came in when you want
Cons
Its first come first serve in the seats
Great
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 6, 2017
TMC was a great place to work the only down fall is your check is never consistant, the managers were very understanding in certain situations, The people there always wanted to help to make sure that you got the sales
Love this company
DOR COTA (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 4, 2017
This company has been outstanding from the very start. They have provided me with all the skills and basic information I need to make this an awesome place. I can not say enough about this company!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!
Great place if you enjoy working with the public
Career Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Lavaca, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to start a career. Raises and reviews should be given and management should have better communication skills. Training should happen often.
Pros
Flex time, healthcare
Cons
Low wages, no effective ways of communication
room for improvement
Political Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 27, 2016
The workplace is constantly changing and not always for the better. Management is often overwhelmed leading to an unmotivated workforce and poor performance over all.
Get your training experience and leave
OTR flatbed truck driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 19, 2016
You can go home every weekend as long as you are ok with making 700 a week and your weekend will be 34 hours, starting on Saturday. Very rarely do you get home on Friday anymore. All of their freight averaged to 1$/mile which means that if you are %pay you get 25-33 cents/mile. Trucks are governed at 61-62 mph. Tarp pay is 20$ for steel and 25$ for lumber and they are heavy. They are very strick about the inside of their trucks. I cleaned the inside of my truck for 18 hours at the terminal for service and failed inspection 3 times. They found years of caked on dirt in a tiny crevasse between the seatbelt and wall and made me scrap it out, then found coffee stains underneath in the cracks of the dash board cup holders, I don't drink coffee. Once all that was cleaned they pulled the fuse panel off to find dirt back there to say the truck was still dirty. When you are driving out your clock to the last minute every day, delivered 5 loads a week minimum and 2500-3000 miles a week and don't clear 800$ it's not worth it. The are becoming the swift of flatbed.
Pros
Nice trucks, great securement training
Cons
Everything only good for training and getting experience
Fun workplace!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 13, 2016
Tmc is a great job, you can actually learn and experience how to make sales over one phone call. Teaches you alot and I like how you are responsible for you own hours can come in whenever you choose, more hours more money.
Pros
Any hours you would like.
Cons
Being sent home when overstocked.
call center environment
Call Center Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 9, 2016
New sale promotions for the day, the hardest part not getting excited when my team made goal for day week and month. The most enjoyable part of the job making customers happy. my co-workers are the best and I 've learned to take one day at a time. Management gets better every day with time.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
short breaks
u really got to work here
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 4, 2016
if ur on percentage some loads are cheap few are very good depending on ur location my best info that I can give is that you need to request 4000 dollars a week to the truck
Pros
freedom nice equipment
Cons
cold weather tarping cheap freight and 62 mph
Good Company and Training Program
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 2, 2016
A good company with a great load securement training program. Compensation program is performance based and focus is on providing outstanding customer service and safety.
Pros
Compensation, training program.
Cons
Limited home time.
Energy Draining
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 23, 2016
Constant outbound calling, rude customers, always came into work positive and left negative. Management expected what seemed like impossible sales, so glad i left.
Pros
good hours, flex scheduling
Cons
outbound calling, no benefits
Not organized
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLNovember 19, 2016
I really didn't like the work environment it was very on organized and I would like for a set schedule. It just seem like everybody was all over the place and I don't like the fact that it wasn't more steady and organized.
Pros
I can work when I want to
Cons
Didn't get very many hours
great bunch of guys,willing to work
Construction Consultant (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PANovember 9, 2016
this company has a group of hard working smart young men who are more than capable of completing tasks at hand and staying within the budgeted time and costs.
Pros
company truck and fuel
Cons
miles traveled to job sites
Just another job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  NE Ohio and Pittsburgh areaOctober 25, 2016
Have to be a hard working individual to make a living working with this company. As long as the wheels where moving you could make a good living. It's too bad they don't care all that much for it's military veterans.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
High and mighty people working behind the desk
No hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 4, 2016
company from management down are drug users and drug dealers. 80% of the time they advertise hours available. you get there and either no seat or no work. So if you have driven a distance it could be for nothing
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
No hours
Great company & great experience
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  LPTAOctober 1, 2016
I loved every patient & my great experience working with the staff. I felt my salary was fair and was offered great benefits however we have our own. My greatest experience was working with the patients.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Driving distance to work each morning
great place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 27, 2016
This company was a great company. They are veteran friendly. Definely a great place to get the experience needed to further your career.
very laid back and loud
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 20, 2016
The job at TMC is very boring and inconsiderate. I barely get any hours on my payroll because positions will be filled or programs aren't updated on the computer.
Pros
not too much of a hassle
Cons
doesnt provide 30 to 40 hours a week
Great Company.
Logstics Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2016
Employees make this company especially great. Everyone loves to work hard but also have a great time. Lots of opportunities for growth. Nothing negative to say.