TMG HEALTH Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Process Recon Corrdinator (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PANovember 14, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. Training was fully provided. Building was well maintained, clean and safe work environment. Benefits are decent, pay for professional positions low for type of work.
Fast paced work environment.
TMG Medicaid Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 12, 2017
Although it is a competitive work environment that offers a great learning opportunity TMG Health does need to continue to offer more competitive wages with special attention to individual supervisor/management goals.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Lack of competitive pay per workload.
Hopefully new ownership will clean house
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PANovember 9, 2017
This place is run by managers who have no idea what they are doing. And you have to be in the group to get anywhere in this company. They only promote and hire females for some positions which is very discriminatory.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Managers
Healthcare
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 23, 2017
Nice company to work for but not competitive with compensation. No room for me to advance. A little insecure with being acquired by a new company. Average.
Decent Work Place
Appeals and Grievances Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 18, 2017
TMG is a decent work place. They offer good benefits and above average pay. The dept I personally worked for had great hours. However, the company does operate on many different shifts.
very UN-Professional
Senior Risk & Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 16, 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for in my 25 year career. My manager has no degree and trying to direct me , a person with an advance degree. I never met her face to face. She telecommutes everyday and we have to work around her schedule. Senior management looks the other way.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management, treat professionals like there working in piece meal enviroment
Ok job with friendly coworkers
Ancillary Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 14, 2017
- Typical day was generally fast paced with multi tasking
- People listened to authority but didn't usually respect them
- Learned how to talk more easily on the phone and handle clients
- Culture among coworkers in my department was friendly
- Not much interaction with workers in other departments
- Hardest part of the job was meeting quotas
- Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with coworkers
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Gossiping, poor management
Fast-paced, with great cafeteria.
Ancillary Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 10, 2017
Depending on your position, this job can be a breeze or it can be a nightmare. Ancillary Services was a wonderful position. You work an eight-hour shift, representatives and management were extremely kind, helpful and flexible. The workplace in this area was clean and quiet.

Nightmares come into play when you're a customer service representative. Policies tend to be skewed and customers are more often than not, calling in upset because of these policies.
Pros
Great cafeteria, flexible pre-approved scheduling
Cons
Permanent schedule is NOT flexible, some management aren't professional
meh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 9, 2017
Everyone is a manager except for customer service. Essentially you have about 100 or so bosses who don't cross communicate very well and don't actually seem to do much. Most of management is also unapproachable and distant. Also it's a very stuffy and uptight culture
Pros
free parking about a half a mile away
Cons
just about everything else
Aerial team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 3, 2017
i WAS PART OF THE Aerial team who did prior authorizations with providers for members who were having testings done. I was also a customer service rep and handled members questions regarding their medical, and drug insurance. i worked for Medicar and medicAID
Inconsistant Shift Bids
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 3, 2017
Overall, TMG Health is not a bad place to work. There are inconsistent quarterly shift bids. You may not get the hours you want until you get seniority.
Pros
Full time work with benefits
Cons
Shift bids
job culture
Customer Service Representative at call center (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PASeptember 14, 2017
Is a good and so clean company.
Is stressful but is ok.
Free tea and coffee all year.
Good environment and best training at all.
Good payment to start.
Good place to start and develop
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PA 18434September 6, 2017
People here are very friendly and welcoming. It's a very secured and comfortable place to work. The location was definitely a plus. My direct supervisor was always willing to help and was honest about the current situation. During a time of transition, everyone worked to make sure things ran smoothly. It was a little hard when a new company did not want to share the changes with us as we were going through them. The dress code was very casual. As a recent college graduate, it is a good place to start as you can develop your experience throughout the company. They give you an opportunity to expand your knowledge and find a role that you best fit for.
Pros
Cafeteria, Location, Wellness Program, Casual attire
Cons
15 days of PTO, Acquisition, Parking
Productice work enviroment
Ancillary Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PASeptember 2, 2017
Excellent stepping stone and foundation for anyone looking to have a career in call centers. Exceelwnt sense of community and teamwork in the call center.
Great Enviroment
Telecommuting Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PASeptember 1, 2017
This was a great place to work. The quality team I am not to fond of because they make employees sound like robots.Management and supervisors are nice.
Productive and constantly changing
ITS Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 28, 2017
TMG Health was a very quick paced environment. Those who did not work did not stay. The pay was one of the best benefits about the company. Management tried very hard to work with their employees.
Not what I expected
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 21, 2017
6 weeks class of training was no preparation for the mental health issues this job has created. I have been able to deal the stress of working in various companies and able to advance my way to management. This company does not care about the people or customers, they are concerned with score cards and numbers. I did however gain a lot of knowledge in using a computer, even though the programs ran on their systems would crash constantly. Looking for something similar but more maintainable. Stability is important to to me and people at tmg get fired almost on a daily basis and some for unfair reasons. I've seen people work almost a full day not knowing that half way through their shift of working stacks of mail between calls they will be fired after coming in from a break or bathroom break.
Pros
The computer knowledge, experience, co workers
Cons
Unfair
Very productive
Encounters Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAAugust 17, 2017
Work was easy, strict on production. Had to produce at least 150 encounters a day, I surpassed that amount most days. If I didn't it was due to specialty work.
Pros
Nice Building
Cons
Contractor
Look somewhere else.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 7, 2017
This place isn't worth your time. It's sad to see a place that could be better but the management and staff are just keep making things worst. Start your career elsewhere!
Pros
Heavy work load without reward.
Cons
Bad management
Competitive corporate environment.
Reporting Analyst- Claims Support Department (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 3, 2017
My time at TMG Health had key benefits. But overall this was not a good fit for employment for me. The culture was not supportive and growth oriented. I chose to move on for the benefit of my family and myself.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Poor working cultue