TMG HEALTH Employee Reviews

fun and relaxed company to work for
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAJanuary 14, 2016
I worked in house for 1 year and than became a remote at home processor. While working in house I was able to obtain the information and learn the medical field in order to properly process enrollments from home. I enjoyed working with my co workers and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was during Annual enrollment periods at times could be stressful. The best part of working for the company was working from home and having an open flexible schedule so that I could take care of my son.
Pros
good wages, flexibility to work from home
Cons
sometimes extremely busy
Decent place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PADecember 2, 2015
Good place to work but not a very good work/home balance. I stay late almost every night ad find it hard to keep my work and home life balanced. My boss is great and we have a very good team in our department. I enjoy working with all of them and I have learned from them. It is a great feeling being a part of such a great team. I really do enjoy what I do but at times it gets very overwhelming. We are in the process of hiring an Administrative Assistant to help support some of the Directors which I am very happy about. Maybe then I can get my home life back to normal. We have a great group of Administrative Assistants & Executive Assistants at TMG as well. We can always count on one another if we need help with anything or for back up when we are out of the office. The only problem is the salary is not what I would expect to receive for the amount of work I do. I have only been a salaried employee for about 18 months but I work so many hours at times I wish I were hourly again. When I average the hours I work by my salary now, it comes out to less than what I was making when I was hourly and getting paid overtime after 40 hours.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Salary scales need to be increased, there should be different levels of AAs and EAs in my opinion.
it was a job
coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PADecember 1, 2015
Management was ruled by corporate and often did not care for their employees or their concerns. Overtime was often mandatory and you would get in trouble for taking care of family matters.
Great environment and friendly coworkers.
Customer Service/ Medical Management Rep (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 19, 2015
TMG Health has a very comfortable workspace and fantastic immediate supervisors. Coworkers are very helpful and easy to work with. Once you are given the opportunity to be a full time employee the benefits are comparable.
Pros
Ice water and vending machines
Cons
No hurry to offer fulltime employment
Good Place to learn Health Care Domain
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PANovember 16, 2015
Good Place to learn Health Care Domain,all tools available to start health care. facets is the core tool they use and for facets market demand is too high.
Pros
Good Place to learn Health Care Domain
Cons
i don't see any
Nice
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAOctober 27, 2015
It is a nice place to work if you like a call center atmosphere sitting in one place all day. The pay is nice. There are some really nice people who work there. You will be given the opportunity to work from home eventually.
Great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thoop, PhiladelphiaOctober 7, 2015
Just calling and faxing paperwork to clients. Also making sure the member questions are answered. We did make outbound cal to try and reach new members.
Review
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 24, 2015
Nice part was I controlled my day and had enough work to keep me busy but go at my own pace. Ability to WFH when needed but mobility options are limited
Stepping Stone
Appeals and Grievances Senior Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 28, 2015
I feel TMG is a very great location to get your foot in the door for health insurance experience. I am able to work from home on a full-time basis which is extremely convenient and makes it easier to remain focused.
Clean and aesthetically pleasing
Mobile Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 10, 2015
A Typical day entails taking inbound calls pertaining to Medicare. I Learned about the various rules and regulations that govern the various faucets of Medicare . Management lacks professionalism. Appears to very personalized in approach to manage. Co-workers appears to be non-motivated and lacked team spirit. The hardest part of the job is the continuous stress that is experienced due to the emphasis on time restraint. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you feel when you are able to help a senior citizen solve a problem they are having.
Pros
The building and location is beautiful.
Cons
It does not offer gainful employment.

Want to know more about TMG HEALTH?

Ask a question
Fast paced work place
Ancillary Services (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of setting up the computer and paperwork before my start time in order to be ready to go as soon as I clock in for the day, Answer calls for the first two hours since it was high call volume hours, afterwards set up the returned mail and change status in the system. I learned to actually multi-task and work very well under pressure, being able to provide exceptional customer service to each client. The hardest part of my job was to actually sit for all 10 hours of work and the most enjoyable part was to be able to help people with their insurance and ease their concerns.
No room for advancement here.
Testing Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAJuly 23, 2015
Unfortunately, there is no room for advancement at this company. They bring in consultants from New Jersey and then hire them at higher $ than the people that have been working here for years. This company does not value company experience and business experience, unfortunately.
It was good but filled with drama
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  jessup, PAJuly 14, 2015
A lot of drama and rumor mill, but it was a good place to work. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a job. It was a good experience but ultimately poor management brings it down. Hopefully this will correct itself over the years to come.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
management
Client
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  USJuly 1, 2015
Client of Excers Inc.
Great working with TMG Health. Introduced Clarity PPM for the first time. Very cooperative client.
New Start up Company
Fulltime 8 to 5 (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 22, 2015
Start up company that BC/BS brought in after leaving because of the Obama Care.

Hardest part is having a manager in PA and not being on site and no one able to help you.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 11, 2015
Handled on average 40 calls a day.
Communication was straight forward between co-workers.
Hardest part of the job would be handling angry member phone calls and trying to resolve the issues.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of knowing I did every thing I could to help that member or provider.
I learned a lot about myself and how well I could handle a phone call.
Pros
Excellent break room and friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks sometimes made the phone calls more stressful
Fair position....
Intern (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAMay 3, 2015
TMG can be a great company if they dedicate themselves to making requisite improvements. There needs to be a large investment put into IT and that would alleviate a lot of other issues. There additionally needs to be a larger workforce as people are forced to assist in other departments that are not really their forte.

I typically shifted between various tasks as assistance was needed, rather than having an overarching project to work on.

The coworkers are generally nice friendly people and easy to get along with. However the understaffing does cause some tensions.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and fair compensation
Cons
Understaffed; needs to invest in itself to move forward
productive workplace with excellent security
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 14, 2015
I learned that you have to self improve and no one sincerely knows how to help you improve in a certain situation. The management was very helpful.My co workers were amazing people and a joy to work with. The harfest part of the job was trying to get the help that was necessary to succeed in the company.
Not worth the time
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAApril 5, 2015
I worked for this company for 12 years and the only benefit I received was working from home. I made the same amount of money when I left as I did when I started.
Great Organization
VP Service Operations (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 22, 2015
Organization is great to work for. The management gives clear direction and cares about its employees. They continue to grow in the insurance industry