TMG HEALTH Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work But The Management Is Horrible
Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PADecember 20, 2016
Great coworkers but the supervisors and management need to be let go. The only way you get hired is if you start as a temp and they like you. If not, forget it. They let temps go all the time for no reason.
Pros
coworkers, cafeteria
Cons
management, and only hire temps
Tmg
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PADecember 10, 2016
This position was temp. I enjoyed working there employes were great and so was management You learn a lot on how to assist the customers. The traning class was great.
Pros
great enviroment to work
Cons
they did not have vending machings and you had to go out or pack
Managment and communication
At home Enrollment processor (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PADecember 9, 2016
There is very little communication between management team and at home processors. They tell us to work as a team but we got in trouble for trying to help each other out when our team leads and management teams weren't available or not answering us for an hour at a time.
Excellent training for employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PANovember 10, 2016
TMG Health gave comprehensive training needed for the job of a customer service representative. The company went in depth to help with learning how to handle intense situations regarding health care insurance and tools on how to work one on one with customers.
Pros
Employee events to help alleviate stress in the work place
Cons
distance was too great to continue commuting
Worst Management Ever
Enrollment Processor (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PANovember 7, 2016
I love working for TMG, but it is very disorganized. They promote the worst and fire the best. It is run by people who shouldn't even be in these positions. Human resources is horrible at talent management. They mainly use temp employees because of the high turnover. This is a place where you have to be friends with the higher up or you get no where. If this place believed in team work and proper worker training, it would be a great place to have a career. There are supervisors and management who use language that in any other company would be grounds for termination.. But, in this company it is tolerated.
Pros
location, cafeteria, coworkers
Cons
management, low salary
Job is fairly easy, Management is a different story
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAOctober 31, 2016
Nothing is as it seems. I met one supervisor who truly cared about their direct team's well being. All the others honestly could not care at all. Policies are broken left and right for certain people when you are a favorite. The salary is one of the lowest you will ever get. Save yourself stress and dont even apply here.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
everything is bad about this place Management, Policies, Directors you name it everything is wrong with this place
They Only Hire Temporary Workers
Enrollment Processor (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PASeptember 25, 2016
This place only hires temporary workers. And they go through a lot of them. Every one either quits or gets fired. They treat you like sh**. You have to work your butt off with little training and your full time coworkers have a good old time taking long breaks, chatting all day, using cell phones, and coming in late. But if you do that one time, that is it for you. They make you work your butt off so maybe they might hire you full time. Better off trying to fine a job that respects you and your work. Not this place.
Pros
the first day
Cons
every other day
Worst Job Ever Had
Enrollment Processor (Former Employee) –  jessup, paSeptember 19, 2016
Worked in the enrollment department as a temporary worker. They only hire temps for this position and it is horrible. The coworkers treat you bad and the supervisors look for reasons to get you fired. You have to work your butt off and your coworkers who are full time, have fun and goof off all day. If you do not look busy, you will be fired. This is the worst of the worst jobs to even try for.
Pros
Cons
bad pay, bad coworkers, the worst supervisors
Remote claims is hiring, dont even think about it!
Remote Claims (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PASeptember 15, 2016
You will be put through a long training program. Then you will be put into a long period of nesting. Then you just realized everything you learned makes no since. As everything is different that you were trained, because you are all given different contracts. Then you meet your supervisors who are non helpful because you should of learned everything already. If you pass this, you go home. Then the real fun begins. You thought that you were going to make a lot of money and have fun working at home. Then you learn that the quota is real hard and you really cant make that much money. Then you get your first check and you realize that you can not live off this. Then your supervisor gives you horrible claims that take forever and you will never make any money and you realize this sucks. And you rough it out and it never gets better. They system crashes weekly and your planned hours to be with your kids are lost. You end up working at night because the system crashed all day. At the end of the tunnel, you drive back to TMG and drop off your computer. It will be the happiest day of your life. Good luck with the new training class.
Pros
Not being in same room as your supervisors, you can just put the phone on mute and do something else.
Cons
System failures, horrible pay, no set time for working due to system crashes
Mediocre
Telecom Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 14, 2016
A typical day at work was cookie cutter routine.

I learned that not having an on site boss makes communicating very difficult.

Management was excellent at letting you know when you did something wrong, but exceptionally poor at conveying there was an issue that needed to be resolved.

My co-workers were all very supportive and appreciative.

The hardest part was finding stuff to do after a few months.

The best part was everyone implementing my proposed changes.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Being a call center, absolutely no music was permitted.
Assist Line Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work for college students and/or someone with a flexible schedule. A typical day consisted of taking and placing calls to Medicare Part D members in regards to policy issues, billing, and/or plan changes. I worked on a team of about 12 people and had minimal manager duties such as coaching, mentoring, and providing training. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting the opportunity to work hours that fit well with my personal life. The hardest part of this job was trying to maintain job security with the company having such a high turnover rate.
Pros
Flexible schedules & great compensation
Cons
Job security
Fun work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PA 18434August 25, 2016
A normal day at work consisted of me sitting in front of a computer screen, processing insurance claims. The management at that time was very kind to me and i got very close to the other team members being we started in the same classroom setting. The most challenging part of this job was learning the way the company operated, but much like any routine, practice makes practice easier. What i enjoyed the most was the friendly atmosphere, the companionship among co-workers. As well as assistance as needed.
Pros
Friday surprises such as raffles and parties involving pizza
Cons
AEP
Process Improvements is the challenge.
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 23, 2016
The most challenging part would be the inability to advance within the company. With a great work history, knowledge and skill set I find myself needing to make a greater difference where I work. Challenging myself to be the best that I can be, and to have the ability to improve processes and reduce cost for the company. I need to find that with a company that welcomes an individual such as I who brings good solid decision making and improvements that set company standards.
Pros
Can work from home when desired.
Cons
Nepotism
Little to no direction.
Application Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 23, 2016
While working at this establishment as an Intern I was given very little direction in what was needed from me and the work required for the internship.
work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 15, 2016
TMG is not a bad company, there is a lot of room for advancement but it isn't a job that i would like to do forever, i have other goals that i want to complete
Pros
good hours, good pay
Cons
many unhappy people
very busy and fast paced place to work
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 4, 2016
- a lot of opportunity to advance
- too many upper management (VPs and Directors)
- great staff, a lot of skilled employees
- minimal options for lunch
- hardest part of job is knowing all of the rules for all of our different clients
Pros
pays well for the area
Cons
on call expectations
Poor compensation
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 4, 2016
Working from home seems like a great idea, but this company makes it not worth it. You get paid per claim which seems like a good thing but the system is so slow that you can't get more than 5 to 10 claims done in an hour. That is equal to less than minimum wage. Management doesn't respond to emails about any issues with pay or the system. When you get hired they tell you things that are completely untrue, I don't know how this company is still running.
Changes story after being hired
Customer Service Representative Trainee (Former Employee) –  Jessup, PAAugust 1, 2016
In the interview for a customer service representative it seems that this company is awesome to work for. The further and further you get into the training, the more and more you find that what was said in the interview isn't true at all. Definitely not a company I would recommend unless you love customer service.
I like my job but
Remote Claims (Current Employee) –  Jessup, PAJuly 30, 2016
I really like working claims from home. Great hours, I can choose when I want to work and days I want off. But, the programs are always breaking down and there is a lot of down time. The salary is horrible but my spouse makes enough that I dont have to worry about this. But a single parent could not live off this salary. We are basically left on our own, as we have very little help from the management. Which is good and bad. We get no benefits. No time off, no perks. Insurance is expensive and human resources has not been in contact with me since I went home. Most of my coworkers already left because of these issues.
Pros
working from home
Cons
pay, no incentives, management
was great place to work when I first started
claims in house (Former Employee) –  tmg health, jessupJuly 30, 2016
When I first started it was a great place to work, then everyone
left and it was filled with very bad managers who have no
clue what they are doing. They are always hiring new employees with temp agencies so no one stays and there is no training for these employees who are fired for no true cause. There is no job security.
Pros
great food
Cons
human resources, supervisors, no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMG HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8