TMI Hospitality Employee Reviews

TMI Hospitality - Amazing Experience !!!
IT Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 19, 2017
I loved TMI. Everyone was so open and wanted to get to know you. My first day there was very warm and inviting because not only was my work station decorated, but I was taken out to lunch by my manager. Day to day tasks were a breeze becasue you had the help and support from your IT team. Even if someone didn't know they found out so you could know. The hardest part would have to be making sure you realize thta you are talking to human beings, so treating them with respect and not as though they are small because they couldn't get how to fix their wifi issues. That's a hard part of so many people's job, but the IT department had goals and straits that would make you not even worry about that happening.
Pros
Amazing environment, pushed to suceed
Cons
Internship was short
Wonderful
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middletown ohioMay 18, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful friendly staff, and guests.
Family oriented, and very understanding of family life.
Would recommend this establishment to anyone
If you love micromanagement this is for you.
Director of Market Sales (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 27, 2017
They have the operations side down. The sales side needs a LOOOTTT of work. They want you out on sales calls and in the office, but if you can't be two places at once, this is going to be a challenge for you. So much superfluous paperwork and reporting.
Great Job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 17, 2017
Great place to work, always an opportunity to learn something new. Meet new people. Hardest part of the job is communicating with the Front Office Supervisor.
Stillwater Does Not Follow Marriott Standards
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 14, 2017
Worst Marriott I have ever worked for it was an embarrassment to represent Marriott with this company! Dirty lobby entrance they allow front desk staff to be in the back and not visible at the desk if they feel like it. AGM is inexperienced and don't eat the breakfast they only check food temps once during the breakfast!
Pros
Cons
Staff, cleanliness, horrible breakfast, does not follow Marriott Standards
This company is an "at your own peril" employer.
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 14, 2017
Management micromanages every aspect of a project. If you disagree, you will be laid off. Project support from management is lacking. Information provided in regard to projects is severely lacking. Changes are made to specifications without documentation. Any field person not following these undocumented changes, is held responsible regardless of when the change was made.
Great Company
Revenue Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 20, 2017
TMI Hospitality is a wonderful company in every aspect. It provides a great culture in which individuals are able to grow and flourish. It is structured yet you are able to have free thoughts outside the box and bring those ideas in a constructive manner to superiors to effect change.
Respected Hotel Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 6, 2017
Youthful place to work with lots of great structure. TMI has all the bases covered with regards to Marriott and TMI standards and policies. Helps to make the machine run efficiently.
Great work enviroment
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsJanuary 9, 2017
Daily tasks would include engaging all employees, empowering them for a great work day.
Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet all different guests from around the world.
I have learned what it takes to make a hotel run efficiently and effectually.
The hardest part of this job was the bringing a extremely failing hotel and with teamwork and hard work we turned it around to be one of the best.
Pros
the people, employees and guests
Very corporate environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I initially enjoyed TMI Hospitality as they send you to their corporate office and teach you the culture and background of the company. I found this experience to be pretty awesome, however after 3 months with the company the butterflies went away and you quickly understood the true backbone of the company. Human Resource is very one sided and there is not a very good employee advocate program here. I worked for over 1 year and was treated horrible upon exiting.
Pros
Pay, Brands, Discounts
Cons
Corporate Corruption, Perversion in Regional Manager and Area Directors

Want to know more about TMI Hospitality?

Ask a question
Great coworkers
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 7, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of running day to day operations of the hotel including, but not limited to, Direction of staff, training of staff, property work (housekeeping help, maintenance help, breakfast help, etc.).
Decent place to work, large office space
Director of Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2016
Overall the company offers wonderful benefits and compensation. Training is not the best, you receive a one week class and then you are pretty much on your own. There is not much of a culture, for the most part you work independently. I would have loved to see more of a structure, with job security and opportunity for advancement. Unfortunately the turnover was horrible and management was not exempt, it was impossible to work under such conditions.
Pros
Worklife balance
Cons
Poorly managed
The worse experance working for tmi hospitality in midland texas
Ex (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 19, 2016
#1 bad management at home2 and Fairfield inn Midland Texas there is a lot of favoritism and behind kissing there. all the good employees had to leave employment because of management wrong doing. and said they have a open door policy that's not true. When u need them the most the managers are are not there they make up problems they talk about you behind your back . instead of them helping u with problems they just make it worse there is a lot of childish games there no professionals. me and also the other employees that agree with this has worked in hotels for years longer than most and us that worked in the hotels work and we are good employees not like this at these properties for tmi in Midland Texas there's more to this issue but and more to say but to sum it up anyone looking for employment in hotels DO NOT WORK at tmi propertys in Midland the managers will do u wrong. Just keep in mind there more than just me that think the same about these places.
n/a
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Champaign County, ILJuly 15, 2016
n/a not available as I do not wish to elaborate about private matters. this should not be part of applying of another position
Pros
Cons
enough
Negative environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasJune 24, 2016
Worked for a short amount of time with the company. NEVER working for a hotel again. Poor management, poor training, no team work and no breaks. Expected to be perfect at everything you do after a short amount of time being employed. Management makes you feel worthless and never compliments you on the good things you do only the bad. Front desk has one person for each shift, leaving one person taking care of answering phones, checking in guest, cleaning lobby area, doing laundry and taking guest items they need. Alot of changes need to be made within the company. The Marriot has been one of the WORST companys I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor training, no breaks
great place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 8, 2016
I currently work for Tmi yes the pay can be improved but its all in what you make it. The property I work for is great. Management can be a pill at times but for the most part their great too. Its a part time job for me so I can't really complain about the hours as a fulltime employee with partime hours it actually works out well for me. You have a lot of room for advancement and you do get annual raises and their retirement package is great. Overall I'd say I enjoy my job and id hope to stay there for many years to come
Pros
great staff, discounts, flexible hours
Cons
pay
Excellent Management Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KY 41102May 5, 2016
TMI is a wonderful management company to work for and with. They truly care about management and employees. The company is great about training management and giving the support that is needed to manage a property. I just happened to be hired to manage a property that is troublesome at the local level.
Pros
Growing and caring company
Cons
Each property is different! Some great - Some horrible
Loved my job most of the time
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 12, 2016
The hardest part of the job was managing people, both employees and guests. Support staff in corporate were a bit out of touch with the realities of running a hotel. My typical day was from 7am to 4pm or later depending on needs. Every day was something different and that is what I loved about the job.
Pros
Learned a lot out P&L, etc.
Cons
Long hours and on call 24 hours a day
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 20, 2016
I worked for TMI in the last year and it was not what they portray to be. Being hired into a new company, everything is new and that showed in management. Management was young and unsure of what to do. They gossiped just as much as employees did and have done it around me. They never took personal issues into consideration and was just more focused on if you were able to work your shift or not. I have had several emergency incidents where they were anything but supportive. They expect too much out of one person. Management would always leave around 6 PM with no one but front desk to be there. They were very unprofessional in the way they handle certain situations. The pay was okay but management can really have an effect on their employees and make your job miserable. They always say we are a "team" but there was absolutely no team where I worked. It was just "me myself and I." Management would do whatever they pleased, even leaving when wanting too, going to get lunch or do what they wanted. As I sometimes worked over 8 hours I would never get a break. They expect you to be at the front desk but also do a lot of other tasks. Working for TMI overall is not too bad, but working under the wrong management group can really bring the company down.
Pros
Making friendships with different guests
Great Work Enviroment until new managment took over
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 8, 2016
The company seems, going in, very rewarding and full of potential.
Starwood recently bought the once employee owned business and almost immediately after there was a noticeable change in moral.
The corporate office will do anything to back upper management even when they are in the wrong. At my property specifically there was obvious discrimination going on. The Area director higherd a Hispanic woman in hopes to be able to communicate more efficiently with the guests and housekeeping. Since She came in, there has been nothing but Hispanic people being hired and white and black people being disciplined and weeded out. Despite my efforts to bring this to HRs attention, this issue is still going on. It is obvious now that corporate will brush it under the rug because they cannot afford another hotel to not have a General Manager.
Pros
Hotel expirience
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMI Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8