TMI Hospitality Employee Reviews

Good people bad culture
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialOctober 18, 2017
Long days, unclear expectations, poor training for employees, lack of trust and teamwork amongst employees. Frustrations shared with upper management positions went unresolved.
Company was bought out
Treasury Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 13, 2017
No place to go there. No jobs left. Became very stressful and you didn't know if you had a job day to day. Sad that another great company had to get sold and leave ND
IT side
IT Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 12, 2017
Common Tasks:
●Providing phone and in-person interaction customer support.
●Delivering a customer friendly experience over the phone using ticketing system.
●All around PC support from Imaging to Registry changes.
●Supporting an array of different programs and applications to assist company production.

Management:
Personally I had no issues with my manager.
Pros
Cons
Sold to another company
Co-workers were cool
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 4, 2017
It was easy work but at times it was a headache and very stressful. And you will be doing laundry.The pay was not worth it for the work they had you do. Days off didnt feel like days off. Gm talks to you like child. not worth it. Couldn't even call in because it was very difficult to swap a shift or give a shift away.
Pros
Free breakfast food
Cons
no breaks, laundry, lazy managment
I injoyed the work an my co workers where awsome. Its a very clean an nice place to stay.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 30, 2017
I would recommend this hotel to all my friends. Its very clean an quite
The staff is very pleasant, At times it can be very fast paced an sometimes a bit stressful. But i very much enjoyed working there. I would recommend this hotel.
Minimal stress
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 24, 2017
Great staff, with a great environment. The job itself is fairly easy to pick up. I would recommend working here to anyone seeking a nice place to work,
disorganized management/ great job otherwise
Laundry Attendant/ Asst Exec Hskp (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed my duties and role at the hotel. In the most recent weeks, I became ill and then later had to leave because of the Hurricane Harvey threat. The new management refused to answer my phone calls. I felt unappreciated and no longer needed.
Pros
interracting with guests
Cons
not feeling appreciated
very high turn over
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TNSeptember 5, 2017
Very high turn over in employees. ( Not sure why). Great location, nice hotel, great staff, training is provided. I was full time , I only work part time now.
Cons
very high turn over
Hotel Construction
TRAVELING SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 31, 2017
Company bought out approximately 2 years ago and then sold a second time a year later. New Owner does not develop hotels. Development Department may not secure projects before spring or summer of 2018.
Enjoyed working for TMI and it's new year old construction management team. However, it appears a lay-off will happen.
Pros
Great company and great management team.
Cons
Company has been sold.
Productive work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 20, 2017
Great atmosphere. Loved working with various people of all back grounds. Not able to keep management. Have gone through a number of Gm's and Agm's due to work load.
its been years so i dont know`
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 18, 2017
When I worked there the management was all on drugs and supplies were at a minimum. I worked for 3 years and ended up resigning because I couldn't take it any longer.
The job was okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  119 graden golf Blvd northwales paAugust 16, 2017
Good environment to work in. It was not enough pay or hours being given out. For me it was to fare as well. They have little opportunity to grow as a housekeeper.
Pros
Good people to work around
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
Getting work done in a fun collaborative envirnment.
General Manager of Lafayette Indiana Fairfield Inn (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 7, 2017
This has been the best company to ever work for and has the best benefits, support and coworkers you could ever ask for! I would work for this company forever if I could.
Pros
Benefits, corporate support, Ceo
Cons
It was a learning experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 31, 2017
Managed group sales for multiple properties with proactive and reactive sales calls. Gave site tours and met with various organizations to increase group business. The best part of the job was working with and assisting guests and our groups. The toughest part of the job, was getting all the excessive "busy work" done while managing my accounts and growing occupancy.
Pros
Clientele/Guests, Hotel Staff, Networking
Cons
Micromanaging, No Work/Life Balance if you want to keep your job
Productive and Fun
Market Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 26, 2017
a typical day at work includes sales calls, prospecting, appointments, and reports

Management was great

I learned a lot

hardest part was balancing reports and selling
Fun loving work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed greeting the Customers. Cleaning rooms for potential Customers. It was fun to go as quickly as you can to complete the job. I liked meeting new people. (The Travelers)
Pros
A quick little meeting.
Cons
Needed to finish work in a timely manner.
It a job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 24, 2017
Very good learning experience far as learning about professionally cleaning. I like the fact you meet new people on the daily learning new things about different people and places.
Depressing work envioroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
I was so enthused when I got the job, my first time being a housekeeper, but as soon as i started I watched people get hired and leave just as quick.I told myself that's not going to be me, I'm going to stick it out. But these people were experienced in this field and have work years at other places. As i stayed longer i realized it was because of how we were treated. I didnt realize it at first but we were not appreciated at all here. Some days I was the only housekeeper and I would get told i need to hurry instead of "We need to get you some help". I went home everyday in pain from my back to my feet, came in on my off days, stayed late some days to help the others out, but then me and my husband decided anywhere is better than here. I finally had a emotional break down one day when i was working alone and called my husband crying, this job took a toll on me physically and mentally.
Pros
overtime when allowed
Cons
Pay
na
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 3, 2017
I have been working at TMI Hospitality full-time
Pros
Fabulous company that has maintained an environment of small, family owned business feel, although they have grown to be one of the largest, most efficient and polished Hotel Management companies in the country! Corporate support team is second to none, with resources and mentors at every turn.
Cons none
TMI tries to keep employees 100% involved
Market Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJune 30, 2017
TMI is a company that definitely encourages their employees to sty engaged with the latest changes, news, updates, etc. Not a fan of their corporate office being located in North Dakota, but the culture of the office is very high-spirited and people are dedicated to their jobs.