TMI Hospitality Employee Reviews

Broken promises and third world pay
Employee (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Large company
Cons: All of the above
This company preaches support, training, encouragement, and guest satisfaction. The true story is that they make promises and gauerentees of advancement and compensation then when it comes down to it the exscuses are never ending on why it can not happen. Their motto is "impressing guests" but they bandaid problems and expect on site hotel leadership to take the fall when explaining to the guest or the brands. All and all this is a large company with to many SOP's and not enough corporate support. Always "passing the buck". They have a good idea but no execution. Hopefully now that they have been sold to Starwood Capital Group they will implement changes that make it a better company to work for.
Enjoyable workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNJuly 10, 2015
The feeling of knowing I am doing something good for another person can sometimes be more rewarding than the financial part of a situation.
Builds hardworking individuals in a team setting
Property Support Manager (Current Employee), TexasJune 20, 2015
TMI Hospitality is a growing hotel franchise with nearly 200 properties nationwide. The corporate office is located in Fargo, ND and is filled with friendly, dedicated people who are there to support their employees working in hotels.
Terrible cheap company
Guest Service Agent/Front Desk (Current Employee), Houston, TxJune 7, 2015
Pros: half off market items
Cons: No breaks, low wages, lazy co workers
Company is very cheap and is very unconcerned about front desk. Job duties include all types of things that goes on in the hotel. Pay and benefits make you regret taking the job, co workers don't work as a team and bicker like crazy, hotel itself is ok, only thing about the company is that there is a lot of room for advancement if considering making hospitality a career. I'd preferably go with a bigger and better company. My experience here has been less than fair.
It is a pretty good company to work for I really did not ever have any problems when trying to contact anyone.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMay 23, 2015
It is a very professional organization to work for. They are also good at providing management staff with opportunities for additional training.
Terrible place to work
Front Desk Agent/ Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2015
TMI Hospitality is one of the worst places to work. The pay and benefits package is terrible and it would be a stretch to call the compensation "a living wage".
In addition, there is no work/life balance, and advancement opportunities are very slow and nearly nonexistent.
The management is lazy and incompetent and will put off most duties on their employees.
Good company to work for
Property Support Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, NDApril 3, 2015
Pros: Advancemen
I really enjoyed working for TMI Hospitality great team of employees and leadership. I learned a lot as a team leader and was able to assist my area director on a daily basis. Darrell was the best area director I have ever had the chance to work side by side over all the years with TMI Hospitality
fun and friendly
Night Auditor (Former Employee), houston, txMarch 26, 2015
i worked overnight, mainly alone, job was easy and guests were nice. 40 hours a week and no overtime, set schedule. coworkers are really nice and i worked with no supervision
The Residence Inn/ Fairfield Inn & Suites
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee), Canton OhioMarch 6, 2015
Cons: unprofessional management, lack of teamwork, unethical workmanship
The Residence Inn was my first Housekeeping Supervisor job. The General Management was nice. The New Executive was very rude and pushed me out. She was afraid I would take her job, I got the staff out in good time and had all the rooms checked. This company does not praise good work it is a competition and a hating game.I put in a written 2 weeks notice and worked for Springhill under a different Franchised owner. I ended up trying to go back through TMI to be Executive at Fairfield, instead I was integrated in as a housekeeper and promised the executive position in a few months. Based on If the housekeepers liked me or not. Well from the get go the housekeepers didn't like me because they knew the position I was going for... and their rooms were horrible and made more work for me. There is a huge list of wrongs and from where I stand nothing was right! Black came out under rims of toilets and tubs, Shower curtains were yellow with body soil... dust caked on the headboards. Every room was a 45 minute job. The Assistant manager came up and yelled at me that I was taking too long and I only had 3 rooms left to do from the gross mess of 4 trashed rooms with kids were in. It was probably nasty before the guests arrived! ( I found a cigarette butt under the bed skirt of a non smoking guest.) So after she yelled at me I told her to do it herself and the hotel was nasty I didn't want to work there anymore. Like the saying goes "you cant polish a t*rd". That may be unprofessional but like another saying goes,"you get what you give." All in all, there was supposed to be an ESOP coming from the company...and they put me down as terminated so I couldn't get employees stock.... I quit both places. They must be paying off Marriott well to stay open.
typical hotel work environment.. lot of lying and backstabbing
general manager (Former Employee), oklahoma cityNovember 8, 2014
Pros: helpful employees
Cons: upper management was evil
worked more than 75 hours a week. never had a day or weekend off for 5 months. one time my grandmother had to go to the hospital, I called the area manager and he said as long as you have someone to cover for you... I was the GM so no one could really do it because they refused to hire any additional managers to help me out because I ran the entire hotel.
Stay Away
revenue analyst (Former Employee), Peoria IllinoisOctober 14, 2014
Very discriminatory. Low pay. Incompetent management. Treat employees like dirt and the Peoria manager is racist and harasses employers.
Typical
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hilliard, OHAugust 12, 2014
Everyone works well as a team for the most part we just have a few bad seeds that need to be weeded out and things will be back to normal
Great part time occupation for college students
Front Desk Clerk, Fairfield Inn and Suites (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 3, 2014
Daily responsibilities varied from checking in/out guests, tidying front desk area, calling guests to ensure room satisfication, relaying messages to housekeepers, engineer, and managers.
Co-workers were amicable. The hardest part of the job was balancing front desk responsibilites with other tasks when shorthanded on staff. The best part of the job was the friendly environment amongst staff.
Flexible work environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great insurance benefits
Cons: lack of communication and team work amongst all employees.
My normal day at work consists of:

-handling a cash drawer and keeping recordings of what's taken in/out.
-Assisting guests with checking in procedure and/or checking out.
--Making sure everything is enjoyable for the guests' stay and assuring all their requests are met.
-On occasion: have to do housekeeping duties and maintenance work if proper staff is off property

Work Environment:

The front desk staff is very efficient and has a great team work-ethic in their work. There is communication between workers and so each has the same amount of work and so one does not have more than the other. Unfortunately, there are times with management where there is lack of communication with us workers at the front desk, in which we would have to resolve due to management not being present or not experienced on how to handle such situation(s).
Great overall workplace with high levels of camaraderie.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: ease of job, healthcare benefits, stock options, hotel discounts
Cons: rarely get breaks, lack of active management, no chances to sit
Work during the day was normally fast-paced and fun whereas the nights were typically slower. Duties included checking guests in and out of hotel while creating the best guest experience, talking with people from all around the world, inventorying hotel items, and (for night auditor) running/creating night audit report and setting up breakfast. Changes of shifts were always quick and seamless and co-workers generally got along great. This job was not hard at all as long as employees maintained a positive attitude and learned to be patient with guests, as this was a customer service position. The best part about it were the constant opportunities to network and learn about different people, jobs, and areas of the world. With all of that being said, turnover rates were extremely high due to lack of actively engaged management and low wages.
Very nice co-workers
Data Entry Clerk, Payroll Processor (Former Employee), Fargo, NDNovember 9, 2013
Didn't like how upper management treated employees but co-workers were great!
Fargo Company
Assistant General Manger Residence Inn by Marriott (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: employee rates
Cons: pay
Over all a good company is growing but seem to be more worried what things look like than what they really are...superficial
Good place for employment, but not high enough pay. No benefits.
Team Member, Housekeeper (Current Employee), Air Force Academy, COMay 6, 2013
Pros: discounts at any marriot through the us, flexible with my schedule
Cons: little time for breaks, low pay, no benefits besides discounts
I clean hotel rooms, bathrooms, take out trash and deal with customers directly everyday. I don't really enjoy or like anything about this job because it just doesn't interest me, and it's not what i want to continue to do.
A great place to get startedin the hospitality industry.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2012
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: the hours (for ops managers) were extended (to say the least).
Normal days at work included arriving and checking breakfast, talking to the guests at breakfast, gathering the crew for the morning meeting, answer emails, handle taxes and daily reports, check on my ladies (both on their rooms and how they were doing), return to computer and handle upcoming or recurring projects, check on maintenance, return to check rooms once again, meet with the Sales Manager at days close while maintaining a front desk staff that excelled in ultimate customer service (friendliness). Inventories of the market, linens, and breakfast materials were intermittently placed throughout my work week alongside a little personal time with each crew member to keep morale high. The focus was creating a family environment for the staff to work in so the guests could arrive and "join the family!" Area Directors did their job well, some tried to be a little more intimidating than others. The hardest part of the job was learning balance. It was easy to do too much in the first six months there as the General Manager position was never truly settled by any one particular party and I was new to my role. The most enjoyable part of the job was the love that was established between my team and myself. We really became quite close and worked for the sake of team, which skyrocketed productivity, which increased the guest satisfaction scores exponentially. It was an enjoyable experience and will always remain a fond memory as it helped to fine tune my character while solidifying my resoluteness. In other words, it taught me balance and I am grateful.
Not a company of integrity
Front Desk Representative/Acting Manager (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 26, 2012
Pros: meeting wonderful people
Cons: working with people who lacked integrity
A typical day can be great because you have the opportunity to meet some very wonderful people. I have learned from this experience that my personality and desire to meet the needs of others can be extremely utilized. The management staff, however did not have the integrity that I felt is very important in the customer service/hospitality business. They allowed too many things to go un-addressed in order to meet their own personal needs without considering the needs of the guest or employees. In my opinion the hardest part of this job was not being able to put forward my problem resolution and management skills without having issues with management. They did not appreciate the relationships that were developed between myself and the guests. The most enjoyable part of this job was the many guest/friendly relationship that were made during my employment.