TMI Hospitality Employee Reviews

Productive work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 20, 2017
Great atmosphere. Loved working with various people of all back grounds. Not able to keep management. Have gone through a number of Gm's and Agm's due to work load.
its been years so i dont know`
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 18, 2017
When I worked there the management was all on drugs and supplies were at a minimum. I worked for 3 years and ended up resigning because I couldn't take it any longer.
The job was okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  119 graden golf Blvd northwales paAugust 16, 2017
Good environment to work in. It was not enough pay or hours being given out. For me it was to fare as well. They have little opportunity to grow as a housekeeper.
Pros
Good people to work around
Cons
Not enough pay or hours
I would rethink the options of working for this company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 13, 2017
It was the poorest ran company I have ever worked for. My General Manager was in the office when she decided to come to work. Was and most likely still is doing shady things. When I reported it to higher management they did nothing and the retaliation I received was terrible. Most days I put in 12 to 15 hours and sometimes more. The GM never answered her phone. She shady, lies and is a manipulater. I would never work for TMI again.
Pros
The other employees
Cons
Everything thing
Getting work done in a fun collaborative envirnment.
General Manager of Lafayette Indiana Fairfield Inn (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 7, 2017
This has been the best company to ever work for and has the best benefits, support and coworkers you could ever ask for! I would work for this company forever if I could.
Pros
Benefits, corporate support, Ceo
Cons
It was a learning experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 31, 2017
Managed group sales for multiple properties with proactive and reactive sales calls. Gave site tours and met with various organizations to increase group business. The best part of the job was working with and assisting guests and our groups. The toughest part of the job, was getting all the excessive "busy work" done while managing my accounts and growing occupancy.
Pros
Clientele/Guests, Hotel Staff, Networking
Cons
Micromanaging, No Work/Life Balance if you want to keep your job
Productive and Fun
Market Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 26, 2017
a typical day at work includes sales calls, prospecting, appointments, and reports

Management was great

I learned a lot

hardest part was balancing reports and selling
Fun loving work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed greeting the Customers. Cleaning rooms for potential Customers. It was fun to go as quickly as you can to complete the job. I liked meeting new people. (The Travelers)
Pros
A quick little meeting.
Cons
Needed to finish work in a timely manner.
It a job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 24, 2017
Very good learning experience far as learning about professionally cleaning. I like the fact you meet new people on the daily learning new things about different people and places.
Depressing work envioroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
I was so enthused when I got the job, my first time being a housekeeper, but as soon as i started I watched people get hired and leave just as quick.I told myself that's not going to be me, I'm going to stick it out. But these people were experienced in this field and have work years at other places. As i stayed longer i realized it was because of how we were treated. I didnt realize it at first but we were not appreciated at all here. Some days I was the only housekeeper and I would get told i need to hurry instead of "We need to get you some help". I went home everyday in pain from my back to my feet, came in on my off days, stayed late some days to help the others out, but then me and my husband decided anywhere is better than here. I finally had a emotional break down one day when i was working alone and called my husband crying, this job took a toll on me physically and mentally.
Pros
overtime when allowed
Cons
Pay
na
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 3, 2017
I have been working at TMI Hospitality full-time
Pros
Fabulous company that has maintained an environment of small, family owned business feel, although they have grown to be one of the largest, most efficient and polished Hotel Management companies in the country! Corporate support team is second to none, with resources and mentors at every turn.
Cons none
TMI tries to keep employees 100% involved
Market Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJune 30, 2017
TMI is a company that definitely encourages their employees to sty engaged with the latest changes, news, updates, etc. Not a fan of their corporate office being located in North Dakota, but the culture of the office is very high-spirited and people are dedicated to their jobs.
TMI Hospitality - Amazing Experience !!!
IT Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 19, 2017
I loved TMI. Everyone was so open and wanted to get to know you. My first day there was very warm and inviting because not only was my work station decorated, but I was taken out to lunch by my manager. Day to day tasks were a breeze becasue you had the help and support from your IT team. Even if someone didn't know they found out so you could know. The hardest part would have to be making sure you realize thta you are talking to human beings, so treating them with respect and not as though they are small because they couldn't get how to fix their wifi issues. That's a hard part of so many people's job, but the IT department had goals and straits that would make you not even worry about that happening.
Pros
Amazing environment, pushed to suceed
Cons
Internship was short
Very hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 15, 2017
Not enough hours in the day! Being pushed to hard to do little things! Really didn't like half doing things just because I was in a time limit! If you want something clean let me do my job and do it right!
Wonderful
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middletown ohioMay 18, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful friendly staff, and guests.
Family oriented, and very understanding of family life.
Would recommend this establishment to anyone
If you love micromanagement this is for you.
Director of Market Sales (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 27, 2017
They have the operations side down. The sales side needs a LOOOTTT of work. They want you out on sales calls and in the office, but if you can't be two places at once, this is going to be a challenge for you. So much superfluous paperwork and reporting.
Great Job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 17, 2017
Great place to work, always an opportunity to learn something new. Meet new people. Hardest part of the job is communicating with the Front Office Supervisor.
Stillwater Does Not Follow Marriott Standards
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 14, 2017
Worst Marriott I have ever worked for it was an embarrassment to represent Marriott with this company! Dirty lobby entrance they allow front desk staff to be in the back and not visible at the desk if they feel like it. AGM is inexperienced and don't eat the breakfast they only check food temps once during the breakfast!
Pros
Cons
Staff, cleanliness, horrible breakfast, does not follow Marriott Standards
This company is an "at your own peril" employer.
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 14, 2017
Management micromanages every aspect of a project. If you disagree, you will be laid off. Project support from management is lacking. Information provided in regard to projects is severely lacking. Changes are made to specifications without documentation. Any field person not following these undocumented changes, is held responsible regardless of when the change was made.
Great Company
Revenue Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 20, 2017
TMI Hospitality is a wonderful company in every aspect. It provides a great culture in which individuals are able to grow and flourish. It is structured yet you are able to have free thoughts outside the box and bring those ideas in a constructive manner to superiors to effect change.