TMI Hospitality Employee Reviews

Fun loving work place.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed greeting the Customers. Cleaning rooms for potential Customers. It was fun to go as quickly as you can to complete the job. I liked meeting new people. (The Travelers)
Pros
A quick little meeting.
Cons
Needed to finish work in a timely manner.
It a job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 24, 2017
Very good learning experience far as learning about professionally cleaning. I like the fact you meet new people on the daily learning new things about different people and places.
Depressing work envioroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
I was so enthused when I got the job, my first time being a housekeeper, but as soon as i started I watched people get hired and leave just as quick.I told myself that's not going to be me, I'm going to stick it out. But these people were experienced in this field and have work years at other places. As i stayed longer i realized it was because of how we were treated. I didnt realize it at first but we were not appreciated at all here. Some days I was the only housekeeper and I would get told i need to hurry instead of "We need to get you some help". I went home everyday in pain from my back to my feet, came in on my off days, stayed late some days to help the others out, but then me and my husband decided anywhere is better than here. I finally had a emotional break down one day when i was working alone and called my husband crying, this job took a toll on me physically and mentally.
Pros
overtime when allowed
Cons
Pay
na
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 3, 2017
I have been working at TMI Hospitality full-time
Pros
Fabulous company that has maintained an environment of small, family owned business feel, although they have grown to be one of the largest, most efficient and polished Hotel Management companies in the country! Corporate support team is second to none, with resources and mentors at every turn.
Cons none
TMI tries to keep employees 100% involved
Market Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAJune 30, 2017
TMI is a company that definitely encourages their employees to sty engaged with the latest changes, news, updates, etc. Not a fan of their corporate office being located in North Dakota, but the culture of the office is very high-spirited and people are dedicated to their jobs.
TMI Hospitality - Amazing Experience !!!
IT Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 19, 2017
I loved TMI. Everyone was so open and wanted to get to know you. My first day there was very warm and inviting because not only was my work station decorated, but I was taken out to lunch by my manager. Day to day tasks were a breeze becasue you had the help and support from your IT team. Even if someone didn't know they found out so you could know. The hardest part would have to be making sure you realize thta you are talking to human beings, so treating them with respect and not as though they are small because they couldn't get how to fix their wifi issues. That's a hard part of so many people's job, but the IT department had goals and straits that would make you not even worry about that happening.
Pros
Amazing environment, pushed to suceed
Cons
Internship was short
Very hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 15, 2017
Not enough hours in the day! Being pushed to hard to do little things! Really didn't like half doing things just because I was in a time limit! If you want something clean let me do my job and do it right!
Wonderful
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middletown ohioMay 18, 2017
Great place to work. Wonderful friendly staff, and guests.
Family oriented, and very understanding of family life.
Would recommend this establishment to anyone
If you love micromanagement this is for you.
Director of Market Sales (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 27, 2017
They have the operations side down. The sales side needs a LOOOTTT of work. They want you out on sales calls and in the office, but if you can't be two places at once, this is going to be a challenge for you. So much superfluous paperwork and reporting.
Great Job
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 17, 2017
Great place to work, always an opportunity to learn something new. Meet new people. Hardest part of the job is communicating with the Front Office Supervisor.
Stillwater Does Not Follow Marriott Standards
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 14, 2017
Worst Marriott I have ever worked for it was an embarrassment to represent Marriott with this company! Dirty lobby entrance they allow front desk staff to be in the back and not visible at the desk if they feel like it. AGM is inexperienced and don't eat the breakfast they only check food temps once during the breakfast!
Pros
Cons
Staff, cleanliness, horrible breakfast, does not follow Marriott Standards
This company is an "at your own peril" employer.
Project Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 14, 2017
Management micromanages every aspect of a project. If you disagree, you will be laid off. Project support from management is lacking. Information provided in regard to projects is severely lacking. Changes are made to specifications without documentation. Any field person not following these undocumented changes, is held responsible regardless of when the change was made.
Great Company
Revenue Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 20, 2017
TMI Hospitality is a wonderful company in every aspect. It provides a great culture in which individuals are able to grow and flourish. It is structured yet you are able to have free thoughts outside the box and bring those ideas in a constructive manner to superiors to effect change.
Respected Hotel Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 6, 2017
Youthful place to work with lots of great structure. TMI has all the bases covered with regards to Marriott and TMI standards and policies. Helps to make the machine run efficiently.
Great work enviroment
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsJanuary 9, 2017
Daily tasks would include engaging all employees, empowering them for a great work day.
Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet all different guests from around the world.
I have learned what it takes to make a hotel run efficiently and effectually.
The hardest part of this job was the bringing a extremely failing hotel and with teamwork and hard work we turned it around to be one of the best.
Pros
the people, employees and guests
Very corporate environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 3, 2017
I initially enjoyed TMI Hospitality as they send you to their corporate office and teach you the culture and background of the company. I found this experience to be pretty awesome, however after 3 months with the company the butterflies went away and you quickly understood the true backbone of the company. Human Resource is very one sided and there is not a very good employee advocate program here. I worked for over 1 year and was treated horrible upon exiting.
Pros
Pay, Brands, Discounts
Cons
Corporate Corruption, Perversion in Regional Manager and Area Directors
Great coworkers
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 7, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of running day to day operations of the hotel including, but not limited to, Direction of staff, training of staff, property work (housekeeping help, maintenance help, breakfast help, etc.).
Decent place to work, large office space
Director of Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2016
Overall the company offers wonderful benefits and compensation. Training is not the best, you receive a one week class and then you are pretty much on your own. There is not much of a culture, for the most part you work independently. I would have loved to see more of a structure, with job security and opportunity for advancement. Unfortunately the turnover was horrible and management was not exempt, it was impossible to work under such conditions.
Pros
Worklife balance
Cons
Poorly managed
The worse experance working for tmi hospitality in midland texas
Ex (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 19, 2016
#1 bad management at home2 and Fairfield inn Midland Texas there is a lot of favoritism and behind kissing there. all the good employees had to leave employment because of management wrong doing. and said they have a open door policy that's not true. When u need them the most the managers are are not there they make up problems they talk about you behind your back . instead of them helping u with problems they just make it worse there is a lot of childish games there no professionals. me and also the other employees that agree with this has worked in hotels for years longer than most and us that worked in the hotels work and we are good employees not like this at these properties for tmi in Midland Texas there's more to this issue but and more to say but to sum it up anyone looking for employment in hotels DO NOT WORK at tmi propertys in Midland the managers will do u wrong. Just keep in mind there more than just me that think the same about these places.
n/a
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Champaign County, ILJuly 15, 2016
n/a not available as I do not wish to elaborate about private matters. this should not be part of applying of another position
Pros
Cons
enough