TMK IPSCO Employee Reviews

Some issues, but well compensated.
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PAOctober 11, 2017
For most individuals lacking a formal education or trade skill, this is a good job. The work is not demanding in itself, and the pay and benefits are hard to match (union shop). That said, the swing shifts and the long hours are grueling. Lack of communication can be frustrating at times.
Pros
Benefits and wage
Cons
Long hours on swing shifts
Great coworkers, but low pay and little chance of promotion
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with the employees of TMK. It was a very relaxed and cooperative environment. However, the pay for the expected work was low and would cause stress among the employees below management level. You are often asked to take on more jobs without a pay increase. The company has not often promoted from with in, so the increase in work is hard to swallow for some.
Easy work
Flash Grinder (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PASeptember 5, 2017
Typical 12+ hr days, FAT PAY CHECKS, relaxed repetition job. Bosses and workers get along. Workers are respected well. Safety their absolute number 1 priority.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hrs, job stability
Rough Environment, but Great People
Associate Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PAAugust 11, 2017
TMK IPSCO in Ambridge was a great place to gain experience. I knew it was not sure if it was a great fit for me at first, and soon felt that I had outgrown my position. I did not feel as though I had many opportunities to showcase my talents as an engineer. However, it was a great learning experience due to the structure of the group in which I worked. I left due to a decrease in production which lead to a decrease in overtime.
The company where your job satisfaction goes to die.
Finance/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2017
Yeah they compensate you better than most companies do, but they offer no flexibility in work time. Must be at your desk 8-5 every day no exceptions. Corporate is constantly breathing down your neck or interfering with everything. Company 401K match is nice, but health insurance and vacation time are awful. Management is passive aggressive.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Culture, no flex time, lousy benefits
Hard schedules but great pay with threat of layoffs.
Utility Operator inspector loader general labor (Former Employee) –  Wilders, KYAugust 1, 2017
You will work a lot of hours until you get some time in with the company. You will bump heads with employees and supervisors. You will contemplate quitting. In the end if you can handle the hours and work you will be glad you did. The only reason I moved on was a 2 year layoff which is a threat that will always be there. Save as much of that OT money as you can.
Overall great place to work
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, OHJuly 29, 2017
I enjoy working at TMK IPSCO. Each day is different and there is always something to work on improving at my facility. The pay is good, but I think it needs to be reviewed for some department positions for improvement
Cons
hard place to advance career and make more money
great people to work with
Quality Control, DQX Premium Thread Inspector (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 7, 2017
it was a great start at a quality control position in an industry I had never been a part of. I got to get API certified as I was learning everything I could about the different quality's of pipe from heat treat to NDT testing. I was brought on as a premium thread inspector to at first do ULTRA thread. but the company later changed to the DQX pipe thread.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
hot, dusty, load
Good place to work until the fall of the Oil Prices
Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonFebruary 15, 2017
Very dijointed processes and a lack of management training on hoew to get them alligned, Need to completely revamp the businedd and bring uo to date.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress and hours...
Nice workforce,Outdated Equipment,Friendly coworkers
Q.A. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PA ; Koppel,PAJanuary 30, 2017
Overall a friendly workplace,good place for a lot of overtime,can be fast pace at times,management is weak(boss not leaders) but friendly,Hardest part of job is it can get mundane at times,but then most jobs are.Most enjoyable is the workforce ,friendly and funny,very nice workforce.
Pros
Union
Cons
Outdated Equipment
A awesome place to be for sure
Loader Operator/Heat Treat (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJanuary 28, 2017
I would work 12hr everyday. almost 7 days a week. I learned a lot about communication and the machines their. Cool people to work with. Hardest part of my job was staying alert. I had to watch pipe on a conveyor. Not hard but challenging to keep myself busy while the pipe rolled by. I loved how they had a weekly bonus.
Pros
Paid lunch, weekly bounses
Cons
Oil field crashed and I was laid off only 2 hrs for being full time and being in the union
Union has too much control.
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYJanuary 12, 2017
Lack of decision making at plant level created by upper managements lack of confidence and knowledge of the plant.

Union does not recognize importance of working together to reach goals and continues to view everything as union vs. management. Upper management needs to stand up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Union abuses FLMA and current contract. Upper management does not stand up to union.
It offers employees just a job with no defined path to advancement.
Sales Rep/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2016
It offers employees just a job with no defined path to advancement.
There is no extra special benefit package other than what is the minimum norm. I found nothing enjoyable in my work.
Pros
Acceptable health insurance.
Cons
Nothing extraordinery offered.
great experience
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the company and overall everyone I worked with was great from upper management to the everyday employee. everyone was incredibly helpful and supportive of one another.
Pros
good company
Cons
market downturn which has nothing to do with the company
Made some good friends there
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 12, 2016
It was a good place to work and would recommend it for anyone. They were number one in there tubular business for a reason.
Well compensated company, no sense of direction
Quality Manager Welded Tube Division (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYAugust 21, 2016
Most staff is underqualified for given duties
Most Senior Management is not experienced in the products or business in which the products produced are utilized, most are well educated though.
Work force does not respect management team
Hardest part of the job is correcting issues that arise from inexperienced people
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
mis guided company, leadership is terrible and short sighted
Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 7, 2016
Excellent Company. Great place to work. Excellent products, excellent staff. Highly recommended for anyone. The company is now located in Houston and has had some turnover in the past few years to improve profitability.
Faced paced working environment
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 5, 2016
Great place to work at.
Long hours good pay.
Room for advancement
great management and benefits
24 hour facility production.
Learned alot.
Great experience
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
sometimes no days off
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 5, 2016
The managers and supervisors were all wonderful to work with. They worked with you and wanted you to grow and succed. I was able to experience and become more knowledgable about all production processes because of their team efforts.
Production machining job. Very safe.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, OHMay 12, 2016
Production job. You are given the tools you need to do your job well.

Safety comes first and it shows.

Very nice pay rate for this area, and entry level opportunities do not require much experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMK IPSCO. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9