TMK IPSCO

TMK IPSCO Employee Reviews

Easy going atmosphere
MAINTENANCE PLANNER/ MECHANIC (Current Employee), Camanche, IAMay 17, 2015
I worked an 8 to 10 hour work day. Gathered up information from shift maintenance and with that information, It would help me determine what repairs needed attention and who to assign the work to. I learned you have to treat each worker equally when assigning work. My co-workers as well as management worked well together. We knew that when a job needed to be done. We all worked together to get the job done in a safe and timely manner. The hardest part of my job would have to be when I helped out with maintenance, I would sometimes get behind with my own work. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with management and customers. Enjoyed meeting and working with new people and personalities. I have learned a lot.
Great Opportuntiy
Operator (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Breaks, and Compensation
Cons: schedule changes quite often with no concern for family or other obligations
Working at TMK was okay great pay and can make alot overtime. Overall the benefits was good was able to help my family. I just didn't like how they handling our laid offs I felt it could have done better. Management really need to work on communicate better with their employees.
Good place to work and earn money.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Good place to work and earn money. Good workers but not some of the supervisors. I learned a lot and will take the skills l learned to my next employment.
Crane Follower (Former Employee), Ambridge, PAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: union
Cons: Got laid off
TMKIPSCO was a good place to work. I would still be there, but I along with 40 other people got laid off. The hardest part about the job was getting up. Easy work for good pay.
not a bad company to work for but communication from management makes it difficult at times
NDT Operator (Current Employee), Catoosa, OKMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good compensation and benifits
After a safety meeting we are assigned our positions and start our work day. Inspection of pipe for cracks and gouges on the pipe includes EMI, UT and Sheer wave inspections. Management is terrible at communications and changes are made with no consideration of time involved in changing the equipment to accommodate. If left alone to do the job, the job can be fun and the day goes by very quickly..
Thriving Industry
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee), Camanche, IAMarch 11, 2015
TMK IPSCO is a great working environment. As a intern in the quality assurance department, I was treated like a full time employer. Great working experience in Industrial environment.
Productive but wasteful time for operations.
QA Lead/ QA Inspector (Current Employee), Midland, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, paid, good health benefits and 401k match.
Cons: short lunches..
Good job, too much favoritism, lack of communication. Mediocre training, no established training or operational standards.
great place to work
end finisher (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 5, 2015
was a easy going job as well as hard working but people where easy to wrk with.Also alot of place for advancement you can learn to do practically anything.
Great Place to Work
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great hours and casual environment
Cons: slow process
They treat the hired employees well providing a very nice salary and benefits package. There is a track outside and a little food market on site.
Love this place
End Finishing Operator (Former Employee), Brookfield, OHFebruary 26, 2015
I loved working for this place. Everyone was nice great place to work for. Loved working 12 hr shifts and the shift supervisors were nice
Productive job with great benefits
Trim Puller (Current Employee), Blytheville, ARFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: on clock lunches great insurance and benefits
Cons: swing shifts
A typical day of work involved standing at a control panel operating various machines in a paced environment. Decent management and great co-workers.Hardest part of the job had to be the swing shifts every 2 weeks.
Sweat shop
Steel Worker (Former Employee), Koppel, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no scheduled breaks or lunch
Company only focused on numbers. I had worked 16 hour with no scheduled break or lunch. Had to eat lunch on the job. Did pay good for only high school education requirement.
Great coworkers, benefits and balance
OCTG inside sales representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to work within the steel industry. Challenging goals, great coworkers, and fun environment to work in.
Just a number
Shift Foreman (Former Employee), Wilder, KYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pay is great benefits are as well
Cons: managment is nothing more than your average corporate conglomerate
Employees are just a number, HR is a joke and keep nothing confidential.
good place to work
Operator/End Finisher (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: 30 min breaks
A really good company to work for but management could be better
Horrible supervisor and management
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: going home
Cons: 30 minute lunch, pay going down, bad manager, supervisor and leadmen
Start out as a great job, but the plant manager quit and some behind him took over. He took charge and put someone with no experience on the line in place. He tells u how to do ur job without ever doing it. U trying to tell him problems but he has an answer for everything. He makes bad decision after another, and if something is not going right it's the employees fault, instead of his, he talks down to u like ur a kid, but ur 10 years older than he is. They tell all the employees that there is people to take ur place all the time, not a fun work environment. They schedule holidays off and the day before say u have to work. It's like a prison, u can't eat any thing between start of work and lunch, u have to watch ur back just to get water, and if u stand there for two minutes with a cup they ask what are u doing. Production bonus goes down every month, used to be $2.25 an hour now with these people it's 50 cents. Even though the same amount of pipe is running. Very cut throat, I miss my old job. Don't come here.
Global market leader in energy pipe production.
Senior Capital Projects Manager (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILAugust 2, 2014
Global market leader in energy pipe production operating facilities around the world including 11 in the US. Product offerings include a wide range of welded products and premium connections for the oil and natural gas drilling industry.
Great benefits and pay
Buck on operator (Former Employee), Catoosa, OKJuly 24, 2014
Started out with meeting to know what work was needed done that night, set-up area on line for work , and then work all night on the line for 12 hrs,
Awful place to work
QA (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits, lots of overtime, bonuses every month
Cons: working holidays & weekends, poor management, lots of favoritism
This once was a great place to work once the plant manager left it went to S$&T.Management shows lots of favortism to a select few and let's them do whatever they want,and promote whom they want.All they care about is production and not the workers, however this is a good place to learn the basics and then move on there's no future here
Not most fun place to work.
CNC Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2014
Not a great work schedule.
Management is blind
Hard to get basic equipment to work.

TMK IPSCO Salaries