TMone

TMone Employer Reviews

Fun workplace with many departments
Account Manager (Former Employee), Iowa City, IANovember 12, 2014
Pros: multiple departments
Cons: unreachable goals
A typical day at work consisted of taking inbound calls and calling outbound. When I worked sales it was contacting as many people as we could and try to get them to switch to our energy company. I also worked customer service and assisted customers with their energy bill and renewing their contracts with the company. The management at this company was not great. They were not in sync with what was going on around the building. I enjoyed the job because my co-workers made it fun. The hardest part of this job was receiving my monthly bonus. Management would make the goals unreachable.
HIGH TURN OVER RATE - for a reason: Disproportionate work to Pay Ratio.
TOP Sales Agent (Former Employee), SpearfishNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no physical labor
Cons: pay, lack of time off, poor scheduling, rude and disrespectful management, short breaks (scheduled at ridiculous times that constantly change), manditory weekend hours, pushy/sales oriented goals, deficient tools, sub-par/antiquated software, high school environment.
A Temporary position - NOT a career. TMone is dedicated to themselves, and cares little for their employee's. "Butts in Chairs" is all they're concerned with.

The company has no compassion for their employee's. Requesting time off is like pulling teeth. Dealing with Management is like dealing with evil step parents - the "Management Clique" even refer to their employee's as "Kids" or "Children" - And they do so TO the employee's. If you ask them to refer to you as a respectable adult - you get branded as a "trouble-maker."

Only a hand-full of Management have degrees, and NONE have ever done the job they expect you to do. The pay is a meager hourly rate plus comission - However the company does everything in its power to keep that comission out of the hands of its employee's. Management also makes commission - And their bonuses are all they care about.

The environment is lackadaisical and unprofessional. If you want to fight for the money you worked for while being treated like a child by women (almost all management is women) who are uneducated, unskilled (at the job in question specifically), and generally rude, this is the place for you!

If you're looking for advancement: Make friends with the bosses and make ABSOLUTELY SURE you're a woman.
SALES TRAINER (Former Employee), Iowa City, IASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch on occasion
Cons: transportation to and from work
A typical work day for my position as Sales Trainer was teaching and providing detailed instructions to groups as large as 20 people down to a group of 8 people depending on client needs. I learned time management skills and gained supervisory experience. My work environment was clean and professional. I really enjoyed each and everyone of my co workers. The hardest part about this position was maintaining the clients attrition goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every three to five weeks and building life long friendships.
good entry level position
Sales & Performance Supervisor (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: unqualified leads
Good entry level position in call center environment. auto dialer system with sales leads provided
Great start out job
Telemarketing Agent (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAJuly 10, 2014
Co-Workers are willing to help, if you have issues that need assistance. I learned billing systems. Hardest part dealing with the job is unhappy customers. The best part of the job is being able to help customers with issues.
Great Atmosphere
Inbound Customer Care (Former Employee), Spearfish SDMay 10, 2014
Pros: great people, bonuses, nice bosses
Cons: scheduling is only week before in advance would be great to have 2 week set schedule to make appts
i had a wonderful experience there to be honest every other monday they would get lunch my boss was a wonderful lady who made me wanna work hard for her. wasn't impressed with the scheduling. people around you are willing to help out. its like any other customer service job though some people can do it others aren't cut out to, but i believe if you're good in that line of work you'll excel.
Productive workplace
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 12, 2014
A regular call center environment, very casual, most enjoyable part of my job is my team and seeing what I train them improve their talents and watch them exceed in the workplace
Started Without Prior Experience
outbound customer service sales representative (Former Employee), Des Moines,IowaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: making new friends at work, learn new skills, have weekends off, 2 half hour breaks every day, co workers and staff are more than willing to help you improve, the center director is hot!!
Cons: slow campaigns, consistently rude customers in some campaigns, co workers who talk to loud to friends during work at work and it makes it hard to hear your calls.
This is a good place to gain experience if unfamiliar with a sales environment. I was hired immediately without experience in sales. This is one of the rare jobs that will instantly hire without experience. Allot of call center jobs out there aren't easy to get your foot in the door,because experience is required. My advice for those seeking to learn, and pursue a career in sales this is a great place to start! You will meet allot of helpful people both staff, and employees who are more than willing to share their knowledge with you. Absorb all you can like a sponge! My day usually started out with pre shift meetings. You will be assigned a team leader/supervisor. Get used to being moved around frequently as far as seating goes. When I was there you sat in the area where your supervisor was present. Sales campaigns changed frequently. Some days you were so busy on the phones you were lucky if you had a chance to breathe. Other times when the campaigns started losing leads it was very boring. If it's too slow often we were put in extensive training until leads could either be reset or their was a glitch in the system that had to be fixed. I had some fun co workers! Sense of humor will take you a long way in a call center environment with co workers. Management was alright. I had a great team leader who was very encouraging!! Hardest part of the job is to learn tolerance if you're seated next to someone who has hyper issues non stop physically, including the mouth big time!!! Eventually you have no choice except to learn to let co worker annoyances not bother you. On this job I learned some skills I never had before.
Work From Home
Customer Service (Former Employee), At HomeJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: i am always on time and have flexible hours.
Cons: i prefer to work between the hours of 8am to 7pm est.
I am looking for work at home part time up to 25 hours starting at $8.50. I am on disability and have a cap on how much extra I can make a month. I look forward to hearing from you.
productive place to work, have lots of contests and make it fun.
Customer Service and Sales (Current Employee), Spearfish, SDNovember 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches 1-2 times weekly, free membership to gym, good assistance when needed.
Cons: hard on eyes staring at computer every day, pressure to have more and more sales. i feel that sales take a priority over customer service.
I loved doing the work I was doing and have a great supervisor that is encouraging. I've learned a lot on this job and they make it fun with contests and managers zooming by on scooters. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting customers and finding solutions to their problems. The hardest part of this job is the push for more and more sales.
fun work environment with immense advancement opportunities
sales (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: contest money and bonuses
Cons: benefits
Overall great company to work for, enjoy the fun atmosphere and opportunities to earn extra cash.
It was fun at the time
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAOctober 5, 2013
Helped customers not to switch their ATT services with promotions that we offered
Enjoyable
Telephone Account Manager (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 16, 2013
Fun and energetic employees and supervisors. Good pay and good commission.
Decent work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Spearfish, SDMay 24, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: scheduling
I don't mind working here. The scheduling needs to be more consistent and they need to be upfront with people when they interview.
TMone
Technical Support (Former Employee), des moinesMarch 19, 2013
I would not recommend this job to anyone. It is not a fair employer they choose favorites here.
A day at TMone.
Technical Support (Former Employee), des moinesMarch 19, 2013
Go in sit down, start my computer up and take calls.
I have improved my customer service skills. Management could use more training. In my opinion our bosses should know how to take calls and answer questions we have. co-workers agree with this. They also need to improve their schedules or at least make it fair. You can't give one person a good schedule because you like them more then the other person.
Answered phones for billing
Customer service representative for AT&T (Current Employee), Dakota Dunes, SDJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: the hours were great. had the weekends off.
Cons: when going to part time all the benefits were not available
The management was not qualified to be in the management position. The training was not as extensive as needed for the job. The company when doing the interview stated one thing and then after hired the information was not correct. Working with the customer was great. Dealing with the company however was difficult.
Needs To value employees
Telephone Account Manager (Former Employee), Iowa City, IANovember 8, 2012
Pros: contests and incentives
Cons: low employee morale
inbound and outbound calls to businesses offer different ways to save that company money on landlines, voip ,wireless,internet and cable this particual job i gained skilles in telecommunications and taught me about customer service my coworker were all good people from all walks of life the hardest part about this job is cold calling,my most enjoyable moment is when i introduce and middle-age customer to her very first wirelees phone,
Work a lot of hours for very average pay and benefits
eServices Team Manger (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAAugust 7, 2012
I worked there for 4+ years and was only given one raise. They offer minimal benefits (No 401K, No tuition reimbursement, No life insurance)

The owners of the company are more concerned with their own success than building a happy and successful team.

The majority of the middle management employees are great people. Unfortunately, hard work and longevity is not rewarded nearly as much as it should be.
Daily contests were played to boost moral
Inside Sales/Service Consultant (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAMarch 31, 2012
TMone was there to help you succeed as an individual and a team at all times

About TMone

At TMone, we’re developing great customer connections for our clients through best-in-class call center services. Specializing – Read more