TMP Worldwide Employee Reviews

Agencies are tough business
Director, Digital Business Development (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2017
The agency side of the recruiting world is open to many opportunities. The challenge is finding the fit. By being a partner to many of the largest industry players - you open many doors. The struggle however is you have your own high margin solutions that might compete with your partners.
Good Company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIJuly 28, 2017
Good company to work for. Morale committee in place to provide fun events for the employees to look forward to. Always feel welcome and management is approachable.
Productive workplace
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 12, 2017
TMP lacks training for new employees, due to rules set in place by new management, there's is simply not enough time for seasoned employees to assist newbies.

A typical day as a new employee is a requirement that you hit the ground running! Answer phone calls, emails and troubleshoot any technical error that is managed by your department. Not to mention these are these are the same issues seasoned employees manage on a daily basis.

Nonetheless with enough focus, anything if possible. It is extremely important that as an individual you learn fast and are hands on. This is what saved me during my first few months as a Product Support Specialist.

As new management began to approach the workplace seemed to transition from a family oriented environment to a stressful workplace and s did the its culture.

In the past we would spend time working to resolve issues as a team, to client issues being passed around from one person to another. As a PSS it is also extremely important to build relationships with all clients, they look forward hearing from you directly 98% of the time. So handling issues outside of this method effects the company and the clients we work with.

However, the most enjoyable moments would be team activities. It gave each employee time to come together as a family and regroup. Which was definitely needed at TMP.
Pros
team activities
Cons
No company training/new management
Difficult place to work
Interim Human Resources Director/Business Partner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
The management team was like no other. The culture was shocking to say the least and management was in my opinion very unprofessional and had no respect for the role HR played.
loved the people
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2017
worked with a great mentor who took the time to know each person and bring out their best abilities; would have loved to work with this person much longer, but company went bankrupt
As a consultant, you get to learn different aspects of business depending on the assignment
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 3, 2017
I have learned a lot being an consultant. I enjoyed the assignments and the companies I worked for. The only downside to being a consultant is the assignments that the agency assigns you.
Pros
Enjoyed working for different companies
Cons
Assignments are not pre-determined
awewome place to work
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 2, 2017
loved working here. Learned alot about business to business collections. Caring supervisors and employees. The benefits are outstanding. Enjoyed coming to work everyday
Not a great experience
Lead Desktop Support Technician- Statewide PC (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2017
I was a contractor for TMP Worldwide for 4 months back in 2000 and never met anybody from the company the entire time that I worked for them. Not a good practice.
Great company
Digital Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2017
TMP is a great company to start a career. It is a good place to hone your advertising skills with big name clients while learning the industry. I would definitely recommend.
Pros
Ample vacation time
Cons
pay
Poor management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Management is too focused on clients, and not focused enough on employees and the work culture. The people are generally very nice, but I wish I would've had more training opportunities.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no room to grow
Fun place to work, but management doesn't listen
Regional Creative Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2016
TMP is a fun place to work - the people are great and the environment is casual. They host a ton of different events throughout the year that helps you bond with your coworkers while simultaneously enjoying yourself as well. The downside is that your voice really isn't heard when you have an idea or something to say. Managers really just "yes" you to death, and then just go about their day as if nothing was ever wrong, which becomes
Dead end
Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 25, 2016
You're life becomes the road and nothing else.The sight seeing is enjoyable and the hands on experience is also a plus. However you lose you're love life, social life, and even contact with family. in my eyes it was not worth it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no insurance for dangerous task
Nice palce to work
Digital Marketing Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 3, 2016
I learned a lot in marketing and advertising in the digital field. My work review allowed me to go in the field and sell to the industry of car owners.
Pros
making my own hours
Cons
marketing
It's definitely a job
Account Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2016
Some teams on the account side know what they are doing, but many do not. There is so much turnover here that people inherit too many issues with no training, direction, or past knowledge of an account that you'll always be behind.
Pros
Summer fridays
Cons
No training, poor interdepartmental communications, management overall, no 401k match
Great work life balance
Metrics Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2016
The culture is very relaxed with working hours typically 9-5. Summer hours are offered in which every other Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day is a few day of PTO.
Pros
Great entry level opportunity
Cons
Lack of competitive pay
TMP Worldwide was a great employer
Client Service Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2016
TMP Worldwide dissolved as a company in 2011. During its time, it was a leader in the directional marketing industry. The Cleveland office was a great place to learn from other team members and management about client service skills and much more.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hyde, PANovember 8, 2015
I enjoy the customer service part of my job. I like being able to talk with customers and assisting them with their needs. It might be ordering replacement parts or helping them with pricing.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 23, 2015
Managed no less than 10 employees. Kept daily totals of cash received and made daily cash deposits. Ordered stock. Duties also included hiring and termination of employees.
Pros
Free lunches while working. Keeping employees smiling during busy times.
Cons
Stressful times when busy.
n/a
Product Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 5, 2015
• Responsible for verification, tracking, and reporting of all issue and concerns regarding my clients.
• Manage Fortune 500 company’s job career sites.
• Efficiently provide post-implementation product maintenance and support to Talent Brew clients.
• Work jointly with Product support specialist and Data metrics teams in identifying, reporting, and resolving product issues and requests.
• Work to help maintain client CSS & HTML client site content.
• Escalate critical technical issues to Front end or Back end development as necessary.
• Develop and foster strategic relationships with Product support team and account team.
• Provide on-call support 24x7 on a rotational basis.
• Work closely with 100 different job boards.
• Manage and maintain accurate and thorough client support records
• Conduct and/or assist with system enhancements, user application, and quality assurance testing
No Direction
Regional Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 21, 2015
The product line top notch quality but the overall line is slim and over priced for the market place outside California. The competition is fierce in the market place and they have a hard time justifying a better product for added expense.
Pros
Quality
Cons
Cost, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMP Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.