TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Stressful
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lovejoy, GADecember 10, 2017
No work life balance, Management needs to be more understanding, Workplace was ok could have been better. Better training is needed with the whole company.
Unless you want to lose your mind for a living, KEEP SCROLLING
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Arab, ALDecember 8, 2017
If your managers superiors show up, be prepared to be grilled about what your doing to get people with $20,000 cars to pawn their titles at a 10% interest rate a month.
Cons
Would have been a fun place to work for if management care a little bit to their employees
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 6, 2017
Would have been a fun place to work if management care a little bit to their employees. Instead if you not making your numbers your job security is limited.
Good enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VADecember 3, 2017
My experience so far as far as working with the company is when I first started working there, it gave me a lot of experience as far as learning how to scan items into files and better customer service.
December 4, 2017

We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us so far! We wish you continued success and the best in your TMX Finance Family of Companies career. Thank you for your review!

slow pace and long hours with little upper management support
General Manager/Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 1, 2017
you will work long hours .a lot of them on your own without any breaks.the company is constantly changing directions and will ask you to produce unreasonable goals in a short period of time.
December 4, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your experience has not been 100% positive with us so far, especially as our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our team members.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand. For example, our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business.

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

High turnover
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasNovember 30, 2017
Hard work, lots of good people, goals are not realistic hours are long and hiring process is cumbersome it takes multiple approvals. a good day is when you get a loan if not you here about it often.
Pros
nice people
Cons
High turnover
December 1, 2017

Thank you for your review.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand, and our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it the most, since helping people is our business.

We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience!

Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 30, 2017
TMX was a great place to work. If they got better control of their departments, it would be a "go-to" job for many people. Give a manager a chance to settle in before, just letting them go.
Pros
Customer Service week
Cons
Management constantly changing
December 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad to hear you had a positive experience with us! We will take your specific concerns into consideration as we continue looking for ways to improve the team member experience. We wish you all the best!

awful
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 27, 2017
If you don't have a family or life you will do fine. It is a very stressful environment, the goals are not realistic but they expect you to meet them or possibly lose your job.
November 29, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so sorry to hear you are not having a positive experience with us currently, as we aim to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our team members.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand -- which is why we incentivize hard work.

Should you have any more feedback on your current experience, please reach out via the Employee Hotline, which we encourage all our team members to use to report any workplace concerns.

Your feedback is important to us. We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve our team member experience. We wish you all the best in your career with us!

Ok work place long hours no family time
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 27, 2017
Good pay long hours, great job for a person with no kids but if you have a family no work life balance long work weeks not enough time with your family
November 29, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry you are not having a 100% positive team member experience with us, since one of our main goals is to provide an engaging and positive work environment for our team members.

Our store operating hours are from 9 AM to 7 PM on weekdays, and 10 AM to 2 PM on Saturdays. Our store hours are geared toward helping our customers when they need it most since helping people is our business, so we do ask that our team members be available during those hours to meet our customers' needs.

Should you have any additional feedback on your experience, we highly encourage all team members reach out via the Employee Hotline regarding any workplace concerns.

Thank you again. We value your feedback, and wish you all the best in your career with us.

Title Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 17, 2017
Title max is a great place to work . The people are nice the mangerment is trhe best . The pay is good . Then also have benefits and insurance . If you get a job there stay .
November 20, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback and review. We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we wish you all the best in any future endeavors!

Very bad mangment
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2017
Its not operated well within the company. They trying to close too many store and then opening to many store. TMX finance is not a well balance work place to work with.
November 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. While we are unsure what position it is you mention being in currently, we are sorry to hear that you are not having a good experience with us at the moment, since our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for all team members.

If you have any other feedback, we encourage all our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline, which is regularly monitored and responded to.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve the Company experience.

Loved the job but was unhappy with management staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company, although I really did not get paid enough for working and performing the same duties that my store manager did. Not to mention, they were unprofessional, but each day I would go in with a positive attitude and perform the best to my ability. First thing in the mornings, I made three day call backs, looked over delinquent accounts and mailed out delinquent/thank you letters. I would go to the post office for any office mail tasks. I would make the morning store deposit. I did some major marketing weekly, dropped off store merchandise and visited our top business referrals. I also have excellent customer service and built positive professional relationships with the customers. In the office I would handle the inventory, clean and organize the office, put files together, answer phone calls, answer emails, and assist customers in providing them with a large amount loan. We had monthly sales goals and I met the goal every time. Few days of the week I managed the office for 1-2 hours a day.
November 20, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so sorry to hear your experience with us was not 100% positive, as it is our goal to ensure a positive and engaging work environment for all our team members. If you have any more feedback on your experience, please reach out to the Human Resources or Legal Department. We wish you the best.

Great Company to work for
Operations Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 9, 2017
Great company to work for if you are in IT.
Quick fast past environment.
company changes a lot of their business processes
Quick to promote when you first get hired
Pros
Flexible hours
November 10, 2017

We're glad to hear you've had a good experience in your career with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and we wish you all the best.

Interesting
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 3, 2017
I started about 7 months ago. At first I knew nothing about the company, but now that I've been here for some time. I like what I see. Not a huge fan of the 8-11 hour days. But guaranteed Sundays off is a major bonus coming out of retail. My managers are fun to work with. It literally feels like extended family. And I was recently promoted. While I didn't receive an hourly boost, I do benefit with the monthly performance bonus.
Pros
Pay, Monthly Bonus
November 6, 2017

It sounds like you're enjoying your experience with us! We're so glad to hear that, and wish you the best in your career with us. Thank you for your feedback!

Low Pay/Training Unstructured
Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 3, 2017
The pay is not great at TitleMax. Assistant Store Manager starting hourly rate is $12.00 an hour.

Yes, there is opportunity for advancement to Store Manager and General Manager where the possibility of bonuses plus salary are possible. However $12.00 an hour is certainly not a great starting hourly pay.

I think it would be great if training was held at an offsite training facility staffed by corporate where new hires have an opportunity to become familiar with the policies and processes that take place at the store level before working at their assigned store.

Although corporate had an online university and checklist that new hires could access and follow to track their progress at the store level it was rarely followed by management.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Low Pay
November 6, 2017

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that your experience was not 100% positive with us as our goal is to provide a positive and engaging work environment for all our team members.

We offer all employees extensive training opportunities and resources, and are always looking for ways to improve our training and development efforts. We know how important it is for us to listen to and consider all feedback, so we work to implement solutions based on your reviews that help us enhance our team member experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. We will keep your specific concerns in mind as we continue to look for ways to improve!

Not a great company to work for at all. Take advantage of it's customers.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 31, 2017
This company takes advantage of good people. They also have managers in place that don't know how to set up a good working environment. They also charge to much interest for their loans.
November 1, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us.

We are committed to helping our communities by providing access to credit for consumers who are unable to, or choose not to, use traditional lenders. We build close relationships with our customers so they feel comfortable coming to us for help. That is what we are here to do – helping people is our business. In addition, we take compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations very seriously.

Our goal is to provide a positive, engaging work environment for our team members. We encourage all our team members to report any workplace concerns to us via the Employee Hotline.

Thanks again for your comments. We wish you all the best.

Stressful and Poor Mangement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOOctober 31, 2017
Company only cares about there bottom line...making money. They don't care about their employees or customers. The company works it's General Managers a mandatory of 48 hours per week and still expect them to work more. GM's are expected to work open to close with one day off each week and that's only if you have an employee, which is highly unlikely.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Hours, Everything other than the pay, Benefits cost will eat your check alive
November 1, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us, considering our goal is to provide a positive, engaging environment for our team members.

We understand that our competitive culture may not be for everyone - and that's okay! We care deeply about our team members, customers, and communities. Helping people is our business in every way possible – whether that means helping our customers meet their financial needs, helping our team members meet their career goals, or helping out in the communities we serve. We push our team members to achieve more and do more because that is what our customers demand.

Thank you again for your review. We wish you all the best.

Great several years ago.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 30, 2017
I worked for this organization for a few years and when I started it was a fantastic company to work for. Over the last 2 years of my employment there, the company went through a major change in management and consequently greatly inhibited it's individuals from realizing the amount of income that had been available in the past.
October 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We understand that our competitive culture isn't for everyone - and that's okay! It is our goal to help team members thrive and we are deeply invested in each team member’s growth and development so they can in turn make a positive difference in our customers' lives and local communities -- and so they can advance within the Company.

Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you the best in your next opportunity!

Fun Company
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 30, 2017
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
October 31, 2017

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with the Company, and that you recognized the effort made to provide everyone with a positive and engaging work environment.

Thank you for your feedback, and we wish you all the best in any future endeavors!

Competitive work environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 29, 2017
Competitive work environment. You basically write your own check with generous bonus structure. Training is a little behind but has improved tremendously since I started with the company as has employee retention. A lot of procedural and product changes are dictated by government regulation but company has a great compliance department that ensures all employees are aware of the changes and are following them.
Pros
Competitive, good bonus structure, management
Cons
low base salary but bonus makes up for it
October 30, 2017

Thanks so much for your review, we're glad to hear that you are having a positive experience and are happy with the changes and improvements to the team member experience that are being made. We appreciate you leaving your feedback and complimenting our Compliance Team, and we wish you all the best in your career with us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMX Family of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9