TMX Family of Companies

TMX Family of Companies Employee Reviews

Co-Workers are generally wonderful!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
A typical day ranges from slow to fast paced. There is always a variety of things to do: from paperwork or computer input, working directly with customers, marketing outside of the store, going to car lots, etc. Most of the employees I worked with were wonderful. TitleMax hires intelligent, proven, dedicated talent.

The problem lies in the fact that there is no job security. I have seen many proven, veterans of the company let go because of a bad month or two. I have seen upper management released of their duties because of realignment . . . with no notice or severance package. So this insecurity definitely makes it's way into every aspect of the company. Most employees come to work each day wondering "if today's the day".

It's unfortunate, because overall the job, the compensation and other employees would cause one to put down roots, be dedicated and loyal.
Pros
Great Benefits and PTO
Cons
Job Insecurity

Comment – November 3, 2016

We value your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve and will take your feedback into consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

Old Fashioned Benefits and Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousAugust 2, 2016
Company policies and work/life balance are very outdated and unrealistic. Managers work a ridiculous amount of hours just to get the job done. The company continues to lose great associates because of a lack of appreciation and the unrealistic expectations sent down from leadership. Company seems to feel entitled to employees going above and beyond. Benefits for corporate employees are outdated and more in line with what's available to hourly, entry level associates at most other companies.
Pros
Pay is on par for my position compared to other companies.
Cons
no work/life balance, very high turnover, very little employee appreciation from senior leadership, insurance is costly and really not great, sense of constant chaos, leadership doesn't seem open to feedback or change, redundancy in work just because someone in leadership wants it in a different format, extreme micromanagement

Comment – November 3, 2016

Thanks for your feedback. At TitleMax, we are committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees and are disappointed and disheartened to hear that you are having a negative experience. We value all feedback and will consider your specific concerns as we continue to find ways to improve both the employee and customer experience through our policies, processes and interactions.

Easy, fun, good pay; but very shady work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 17, 2016
TotleMax is a fun company to work for, you work long hours but the pay is great even for entry level. The job is easy enough that anyone can learn it quickly however standards and regulations are ALWAYS changing. The only reason I didn't enjoy this job is because I found that Title Loans as a whole are very shady and unfortunately most people who get one don't understand how they work and with that being said, most management in the company do heir best to street people away from learning about the interest rates and how much money they'll end up paying back and what it means to miss a payment.
Pros
Relaxed, fun atmosphere; good pay; long lunch hour
Cons
Long work days, I didn't have the heart for this job
it was a fun place to work till the hours got to long and no increase of pay
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  alabamaNovember 4, 2016
When I started I was told 8:30 to 7 every other weekend off and one day at a week average of 48 hrs. a week. Then the schedule changed to 730pm then 8pm yet there is no raises to make up the hours I was working extra then we got shorthanded and I was putting 55 plus and getting paid for only 40. Who has time for a family when you get home at 830or 9pm to have to turn around and be back by 830am. If it was not for the hours it would be a rewarding job and the salary needs to be updated with the cost of life.
Pros
Helping individuals that have needs
Cons
Hours/Paid needs to increase to base $50000 plus bonus/staffing

Comment – November 14, 2016

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us; they will be shared with our management team. We are always looking for ways to improve!

Greedy & life sucking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALJuly 28, 2016
Management was very anit productive and selfish. no room for advancement and if you didnt give the right amount of money for a loan you were wrote up for such.
Pros
Cons
had to use personal money to fund advertisements, no raises, no chance of moving up in management, use youe own vehicle to "chase" customers, management haggles you, dog, eat dog company, doesnt care about the employees or customers just how much they could get

Comment – November 3, 2016

TitleMax takes compliance with its policies and procedures very seriously. The Company has policies and procedures in place including an employee hotline for reporting concerns designed to promote a positive customer and employee experience. We continuously monitor and review adherence to these policies and processes and take remedial measures as needed.

worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2016
they treat the employees bad the management does nothing but sit around they make the csr's do all the work including what management is supposed to do we had to use are cars to drive around and cash down late clients they offer no gas reinbursment no help with insurance on your vehicle all they offer is 23 cents a mile my car uses more gas than that they constantly change rules and dress code once a week sometimes twice . they have a high turnover people are always getting fired or quitting the only good thing about the company is the co workers

Comment – November 3, 2016

Very fast paced and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 11, 2016
The day starts off with a list of collection calls, then it is on to the pawning!

We have a very busy office that can get chaotic at times. But through time management and a daily organized plan, getting through the day is no longer a headache.

There are a few management flaws as far as the company is concerned, but that comes with any multimillion dollar company.
Pros
Quick adancement
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, Non commision based

Comment – November 3, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you’re enjoying your time with us!

good salary, no loyaly, impossible to move up
General Manager, District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJune 28, 2016
If you enjoy only working in your life this is the best company to work for. They have no sense of a work life balance, and are more then happy to let you know to work or find somewhere else.
Pros
Salary and bonus is decent
Cons
Unorganized management, no loyalty, the company changes upper management very often

Comment – July 26, 2016

Thanks so much for your review. It is important that we know both positive and negative feedback in order for us to continue to improve. We appreciate your honest feedback!

No balance between work and life!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 5, 2016
This company has no structure. Things change daily which is expected at any place of employment but here it's way too often. No job security.. Hours are too long. But my biggest issue is working off the clock to avoid overtime.!! You are asked to send your supervisor an email to have any overtime removed which is totally unlawful.
Pros
Decent pay for management in a store that's doing well
Cons
Benefits too high!! Working off the clock to avoid overtime no work to life balance

Great workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 26, 2016
I loved working for this company. The pay and benefits outweighed all the stressful days and nights I spent in the office. Daily I managed three employees, while dealing with customers and collections. The hours are long so it didn't leave me time with my child who started school this year and my newborn.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, not ideal for a person with young kids

Comment – November 3, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us!

used to be a great job until recent changes
General Mgr (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GANovember 2, 2016
I love my job its just I have no family time. I have never met the CEO in person and I have worked for this company for 7 years. I feel that no matter how hard you work doesnt matter only who you know and if you are in the "click".
Pros
pay benefits customers co workers
Cons
poor upper management DM and above

Comment – November 14, 2016

Thanks so much for leaving a Company review on Indeed. We appreciate your feedback!

Great Work Environment and Culture
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 2, 2016
The culture that is created from the top executives down rewards employees for their hard work and provides them opportunities to advance in their careers. The company is always planning out of work events for co-workers to hang out and socialize in a non work setting. My co-workers at TMX Finance have became my family. Also, the company has laid the ground work for me to move into a management role through a three month training program offered completely for free. The company openly acknowledges that the skills are for my own professional advancement and they understand the value of training and making their employees better.

Comment – March 23, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you’re enjoying your time at with us!

old management styles focus on money, not people
Data Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 14, 2016
this specific job is to do one mindless task that takes 3 minutes over and over again for 8 hours.
learned essentially nothing.
management was very accessible, but did not provide much guidance or assistance. much of the time managers would give contradictory orders, or just didn't know what to do.
co-workers were a mix of nice, overqualified people and others.
hardest part of the job was talking to stubborn store agents in the field who didn't understand or want to follow protocols.
most enjoyable part of the job was the occasional free food, albeit it was usually the leftovers of the catering brought in for the executives only.
Pros
hour long break, headphones allowed, lots of windows in work area, some potluck days
Cons
contradictions between managers, apathy and ignorance at all levels, a lot of passing the buck, work on saturdays

Tough place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 22, 2016
Its difficult to work here because despite what the company tells you, you are not helping people. You are putting them in an endless cycle of debt. You will have to repossess peoples cars. The cars they use to get to work and feed their families. It is hard to do that to people and it wears on you.

They lack true leadership. Mid-Senior level management does not care about the people working on the front lines. There is very little training and development and no attempt to improve retention.
Pros
Solid company financially, closed on Sundays
Cons
No training, company does not care about its people or customers
Good culture but upper management does not follow it
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 15, 2016
It's a good company just needs better direction from upper management. Be more humble and keep arrogance to a minimum. Field store level is nice and energetic.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long hours and bad management

Comment – November 3, 2016

Opportunity to challenge yourself and advance your career goals
Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 3, 2016
I have been with the company for over 6 years now and each day is a new and exciting challenge. This company is very invested in technology and its employees. There is career growth, you can go anywhere in the company if put your mind to it and your best foot forward. Advancement is not handed to you, you must work hard and stay focused to obtain performance goals. Culture is amazing, enjoying coming to work everyday and helping people is what we pride ourselves every day.
Pros
Teamwork and dedicated managment

Comment – March 23, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience at the Company. It is important that we know what we’re doing right in order for us to continue to improve.

Prodcutive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sandersville, GASeptember 19, 2016
The typical day at Titlemax is coming in doing the late list, one that is complete, store errands has to be done. When a customer comes in to pay on account update all information in the system then we proceed to take their payment. Once that is complete then we start our day marketing. If a customer comes in that is interested in doing a title pawn we have to do an appraisal of the vehicle have learned a great deal, it has enhanced my customer skills. I have a lot about the finance part of the business. My in store management team is great and I enjoy with them daily. At first the hardest part of the job was learning all the different formulas.

Good Salary,
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 23, 2016
I like working at this company because I learned a lot about the processing of loans, rates, and the policy and procedures of this industry.

The hardest part of working at this company is not been value as CSR, They only value the employees thar are Store Managers or General Managers.

I enjoyed working with customers, and been able to make a diference in the goals thru hard work and consistency.
Pros
Good Salary, excellente schedule
Cons
Not been value because I am not in a management position

Comment – July 26, 2016

Out of touch with employee satisfaction
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 24, 2016
If you're used to a company providing raises yearly, or at least feedback on a performance reviews, it will not happen with this company. Benefits are a joke and are too expensive for the actual coverage provided. Over promised on promotions. Over promised on salary. Upper management is the most disorganized group of people in any company I've worked for. They definitely do not understand the concept of employee satisfaction or happiness.
Pros
GM compensation is decent
Cons
No salary increases Benefits are terrible, No organization in upper management.

Stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 9, 2016
Unappreciated workers and you don't receive raises, for more income you have to be promoted. Promotions don't guarantee more income because if profit is down you could be making the same as before with more work.

2.9